F.A.O Andrew McKinley

Selkirkhmfc1874

55 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There was a 'rumour' that completion had been put back from August to October but not see anything solid on that.  

Football supporters have always been impatient. Nature of the beast. 

Some people are very needy and live in cloud cuckoo land.

This "football supporters have always been impatient/fickle" is a slight on the normal supporter that's just content in rocking up and supporting the team. 

The normal supporter that likes watching football doesn't get enough credit anymore imo  😔

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• davemclaren

• Chuck Berry

• been here before

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Naisys Tackle said:

So everyone that creates a threads an attention seeker then?  Why feel the need to point that out to this particular thread starter? 

I doubt anyone has ever started a thread aiming for no interactions?

Quite simply because the thread is aimed directly at McKinley. The obvious move, if you didn't want attention, would be to contact McKinley privately.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fair enough OP and questions I would say. For a fan owned club, we probably aren't getting enough information on that kind of stuff.

Strategy is a bit different, as much as we would like to know, throwing your plans out into the public domain is stupid

been here before
1 minute ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Everyone knows theres not a chance of the CEO replying and it's obvious its a point of unanswered questions to other supporters.

You actually think the club will stay quiet all summer yet reply to personal emails from a fan with a list of questions?

Pretty much all the questiins being asked are public knowlege with the exception of the hotel.

What do you think is more likely got get a response- reasonable direct communication to the individual involved or a pant wetting "FAO" slaverbomb posted anonymously on a fitba fans forum where the intended recipient doesnt even post?

Unless of course I've missed all the posts from the Hearts board etc replying to individuals on here.

The OP is the very definition of attention seeking.

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Who is responsible for communications within HMFC?

Whoever that person is should be senior enough to develop a communications plan, get agreements internally within the club for that plan, produce a final version of the plan and implement it.

If we have a marketing manager that is not usually a role that has the same skillet required to do this type of work.

If we have a marketing and communications manager then that is the person to address initially I think not a CEO.

A CEO does CEO stuff and if they have agreed to any communications plan may or may not be part of it in terms of releasing information.

Think that it is unclear as to what the roles are, and what the process is so hard to understand as to why there is a bit of a void in terms of information flows.

Just my thoughts. 

Phil Turnbull is "Head of Communications" at the club.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Pretty much all the questiins being asked are public knowlege with the exception of the hotel.

What do you think is more likely got get a response- reasonable direct communication to the individual involved or a pant wetting "FAO" slaverbomb posted anonymously on a fitba fans forum where the intended recipient doesnt even post?

Unless of course I've missed all the posts from the Hearts board etc replying to individuals on here.

The OP is clearly voicing his frustration at the silence from all over the club this summer.   It's not exactly an open letter to the club.  Very few of the questions have been communicated directly to the support with the answers.  Just what we have to guess in the media.

Edited by Naisys Tackle

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Poor.

Absolute attention seeking. Why not contact the club? The answers  to Q2,3,4 are fairly obvious. Over 15k season tickets, less than 700 tickets for away fans (except Hibs) and 3rd place finish and Hampden for targets. There isn't going to be anything interesting to say. The hotel is a fair enough question. 

Nah your reply is poor ! If you not interested in communication from the club then fine scroll past and ignore but I and others are 

Nerja Jambo
10 minutes ago, Bozi said:

In fairness they acted quickly in sacking Robbie, it's just that they have made a chuckle brothers production of the managerial position 

I would disagree regarding RN, in fact it was the delay by them that cost us 3rd place. They have actually made a pigs ear of football related decisions for a few years now. Dither, dither, dither.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nah your reply is poor ! If you not interested in communication from the club then fine scroll past and ignore but I and others are 

You surely know the rough answers to 2,3 and 3 though? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Good answers from you but I'd like to hear them officially from the club and not in newspaper without a single quote

been here before
3 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

The OP is clearly voicing his frustration at the silence from all over the club this summer.   It's not exactly an open letter to the club.  Very few of the questions have been communicated directly to the support with the answers.  Just what we have to guess in the media.

Exactly.

Its a list of questions aimed directly at an individual at the club who doesnt post here, who doesnt have a history of reply to posts here...

Now I wonder what the best way might be to get these answers.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You surely know the rough answers to 2,3 and 3 though? 

A don't want rough answers though , I want the accurate answer from the club like we've always got until this weird summer of silence

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Exactly.

Its a list of questions aimed directly at an individual at the club who doesnt post here, who doesnt have a history of reply to posts here...

Now I wonder what the best way might be to get these answers.

It's a list used as an example of the lack of communication. 

No idea?  Cant see the ceo emailing directly supporters when they have failed to say sod all to the whole support all summer.

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

A don't want rough answers though , I want the accurate answer from the club like we've always got until this weird summer of silence

IMG_6346.thumb.jpeg.96e17e3c0ac1bcc5500e846d363976b6.jpeg

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

IMG_6346.thumb.jpeg.96e17e3c0ac1bcc5500e846d363976b6.jpeg

Yeah that was before started moving people from section x and contacting people from waiting list

Luckies1874
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I honestly take it as they've rounded the wagons. There was deep cut disappointment on how last season went and dont for a second think none of it was intraspective. Neilson the right guy to go and most to blame of course but McKinlay, Savage, Anderson and, yes, Budge want and demand bigger things from our manager and themselves.

Trouble is, theyve gone all steely but at the cost of us getting to know their thoughts, even their more shallow feelings on what needs done.

This is the correct answer. I keep harping back to it but the 15 minute press conference with McKinlay post Neilson beheading is very revealing. At that stage he is still extremely bullish about finishing 3rd. I know some are very touchy about it because the club can do know wrong but it simply can’t be overstated how much over a disaster last season was for the clubs short term plans. They FULLY expected us to be back in the European group stages by finishing 3rd and the significant finances that went with it. Failure to achieve that and knowing that realistically we have only a tiny % of a chance of qualifying ourselves then the short term has again seen us have to be more pragmatic than was hoped. We are unable to now make the step up as was anticipated.

Given McKinlay’s musings and our inability to retrieve the situation he was justifiably rinsed by Cormack at Aberdeen and I think they are all feeling pretty sheepish. How we allowed a bang average Dons side who lost 11-0 in Edinburgh within a few weeks and to a 6th tier team in the Scottish Cup to finish above us is up there with the many high profile **** ups over the years. I don’t have a problem with little comms as frankly we hear grandiose bullshit all too often that that rarely materialises. I’m hoping that they are refocusing everybody especially themselves for a far better season. Walking the walk over talking the talk is a far better plan. 

Edited by Luckies1874

The Wrinkly Ninja
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What responses were you looking for from other posters on a thread written for the attention of the CEO?

Luckies1874
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Poor.

Absolute attention seeking. Why not contact the club? The answers  to Q2,3,4 are fairly obvious. Over 15k season tickets, less than 700 tickets for away fans (except Hibs) and 3rd place finish and Hampden for targets. There isn't going to be anything interesting to say. The hotel is a fair enough question. 

Managed to get your attention. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah that was before started moving people from section x and contacting people from waiting list

Educated guess, it's still over 15k...

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

What responses were you looking for from other posters on a thread written for the attention of the CEO?

Well it's a supporters forum for fans opinions and as you'll see from this thread there's different opinions on here and other social media platforms! I've not spoken to a single jambo I know who hasn't said the communication from the club this season has been dire

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Educated guess, it's still over 15k...

Ah so your guessing ? I don't want a guess, I want the same level of communication as usual from the club 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Ah so you're guessing ? I don't want a guess, I want the same level of communication as usual from the club 

Well it's hardly going to be under 15k now is it? When have the club ever done a seat by seat announcement of season ticket sales? They've always done announcements at each milestone.  The last milestone was 15k. They've even done a nice wee graphic to communicate that milestone. What else are you actually after?

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well it's hardly going to be under 15k now is it? When have the club ever done a seat by seat announcement of season ticket sales? They've always done announcements at each milestone.  The last milestone was 15k. They've even done a nice wee graphic to communicate that milestone. What else are you actually after?

Phil, is that you?

:vrface:

Selkirkhmfc1874

See if you're happy with the silence and lack of communication this summer that's fine buddy , I'm not and neither are lots of others ! The problem is some will just sit and nod and make excuses and others like me will be critical when it's merited in my opinion 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

See if you're happy with the silence and lack of communication this summer that's fine buddy , I'm not and neither are lots of others ! The problem is some will just sit and nod and make excuses and others like me will be critical when it's merited in my opinion 

Assume you don't have Twitter?

36 minutes ago, been here before said:

Spot on.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Assume you don't have Twitter?

A don't but my oldest son does 

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Ah, the self proclaimed spokesman for the fans😂

My hero...

35 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

I would disagree regarding RN, in fact it was the delay by them that cost us 3rd place. They have actually made a pigs ear of football related decisions for a few years now. Dither, dither, dither.

Agree to disagree, at home we had won 31 out of 33 points against the non "oldfirm" teams and the St Mirren defeat was the first defeat at home outwith the uglies. It was a horrific run away from home but that game lost him the support 

Selkirkhmfc1874
40 minutes ago, been here before said:

Don't be ridiculous, I'm a bit old in the tooth for attention seeking , the answers are public knowledge? Care to point me to any quotes from the football club confirming this or you just going by speculation in the press?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Ah, the self proclaimed spokesman for the fans😂

My hero...

Not at all , as this thread shows there's some who agree and some who disagree but I do know the people I know outside jkb feel the same about lack of communication 

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I believe he is tied up today in his office so you will not hear from him.

8.40 Breakfast

9.00 Put lunch in fridge

9.30 Scratch balls

10.00 Breakfast 2

10.30 Let out a big burp

11.00 Sharpen pencil

11.30 Break wind

12.00 Lunch

12.30 Take a big shit

13:00 Play Solitaire

13.30 Break wind

14.00 adjust pc monitor

14.30 Snack time

15.00 Let out a massive burp

15.40 Break wind

16.05 Take another shit

16.30 Snack time

16.45 Straighten chair

16.55 Break wind

17.00 Home

No shot on Newton’s Cradle today?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Photoshopped ?

Out of date ! Before started selling tickets to people in section x and then contacting people on waiting list

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not at all , as this thread shows there's some who agree and some who disagree but I do know the people I know outside jkb feel the same about lack of communication 

To be honest, we know the answers to all of the questions you've listed other than how the hotel's getting on. 

To be quite honest, I'm more interested in who we're signing that the progress of something that will make no immediate difference to our team.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Rudolf said:

To be honest, we know the answers to all of the questions you've listed other than how the hotel's getting on. 

To be quite honest, I'm more interested in who we're signing that the progress of something that will make no immediate difference to our team.

No we don't know the answers ! You're going by what you've read in the press , the football club haven't officially said anything because we've been treated to radio silence

8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Out of date ! Before started selling tickets to people in section x and then contacting people on waiting list

Have you stopped smoking, stopped drinking, given up the marching powder?

You're on my good poster list on here and that number can be counted on one hand with 3 amputations. Unless your a rep for booking.com then all is forgiven but this wailing for answers during the summer break is kinda Shite.

No offence intended.

11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm sure we'll find out the answer when we have a final figure.

Is this lack of information giving you sleepless nights?

Very trivial things to get so uptight about.

Chill man.

Sinbad the Sailor

No we don't know the answers ! You're going by what you've read in the press , the football club haven't officially said anything because we've been treated to radio silence

But we do! If you spent as much time reading threads on here instead of spraffing on this one you might see the answers. For avoidance of doubt the only one grey area is the hotel. If that was mentioned now by our CEO there would be a barrage of "FFS what about signings". 

Exclusive - I was outside Tynie yesterday and safe to say by observation the hotel is still....."a work in progress" like your ability to glean basic Hearts info.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Have you stopped smoking, stopped drinking, given up the marching powder?

You're on my good poster list on here and that number can be counted on one hand with 3 amputations. Unless your a rep for booking.com then all is forgiven but this wailing for answers during the summer break is kinda Shite.

No offence intended.

As I've said and always said we've never been a better run club and I'm huge backer of the off field structure Mrs Budge and the board have put in place ! All I'm saying is some communication would be good because been too much silence this summer 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

But we do! If you spent as much time reading threads on here instead of spraffing on this one you might see the answers. For avoidance of doubt the only one grey area is the hotel. If that was mentioned now by our CEO there would be a barrage of "FFS what about signings". 

Exclusive - I was outside Tynie yesterday and safe to say by observation the hotel is still....."a work in progress" like your ability to glean basic Hearts info.

Please point me in the direction of the quotes from the football club ? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I'm sure we'll find out the answer when we have a final figure.

Is this lack of information giving you sleepless nights?

Very trivial things to get so uptight about.

Chill man.

I am chilled ! All I'm saying is be good to get some communication ! I'm hige admirer of the infrastructure the board have put in place 

Chuck Berry

I am chilled ! All I'm saying is be good to get some communication ! I'm hige admirer of the infrastructure the board have put in place 

Like the last thread on this subject, you just get shouted down by the usual suspects who allegedly "don't care".  JKB is a weird place.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, jtkb said:

How about we invite him for q and a session on kickback with questions filtered by mods. Sure we have done this before. I personally not overly bothered wants going on happy to let the professionals get on with the job and judge them at the end of season but know a few fans who would like update in a boring pre season 😴 

While there is obvious need for questions to be filtered, I don't think it should be done by the Mods.  They are here to moderate the board, not the questions the members may want to ask.  Pull the questions together then vote on the top x to be asked.

Sinbad the Sailor
19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Maybe check Dave McLarens posts he has laid out a few really good posts that will help you. There's an excellent one on our CEOs visit to the Shareholders for example.

In the meantime take a chill pill "no news is good news".

We will hear lots soon. Just relax it's holiday season.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Maybe check Dave McLarens posts he has laid out a few really good posts that will help you. There's an excellent one on our CEOs visit to the Shareholders for example.

In the meantime take a chill pill "no news is good news".

We will hear lots soon. Just relax it's holiday season.

When was that question and answer session? 

26 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Have a read of the Plot ceremony updates thread.

It's full of little goodies that may calm you down.