Top 10 most hated Hibs Players.

Graham Thomson

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep, me too.   DIslike of Hibs in general, but we were generally rubbish when they had very good players like Stanton, Edwards, O'Rourke (and Alan Gordon) etc. 

Hate is probably too strong a word imo, but  Scott Brown comes closest.  Effective player, yes, but basically a career based on thuggery.  He gave the game away in an interview after he moved to Celtic, when he was  asked what the biggest difference he found  between playing for Hibs and playing for Celtic  -  "I get away with a  lot more stuff here, that I would have got booked for at Hibs"

Scott Brown was a player who amongst other things realised he could get ‘an edge’ by taking advantage of the pitiful weak referees we’ve had in this country since he’s been a player 

It’s an act. He was an actor playing the villain. Away from his acting role he’s actually quite a nice lad.

Total **** on the park of course but away from that, he’s as far away from being a thuggish hard man than you’d ever find.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Craig_

• Deodato

• boag1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Anthony Stokes

Solid list. 

Chuck in rat bags Leigh Griffiths and Riordan for a couple of Scott Brown and that's me rounded out. 

I also ****ing hate John McGinn. Not because of anything he's done in particular but the way the spoonburners thrash themselves to bits over him even though he's not played for them in yonks. Listen to some of them and you'd be forgiven for wondering why he hasn't picked up a Ballon d'Or. 

Pasquale for King

Ralph Callachan was the first one to receive my hatred. Steve Archibald. Gary Caldwell. Murdo Mcleod. Grant Brebner. Steven Whittaker. Fraser Fyvie. Gary Deegen. 
Ten names not mentioned already 

WheatfieldWarrior
22 hours ago, Legend Claws said:

I don't even have a top 3, because they're ultimately insignificant.

This my feeling as well. too unimportant.

WheatfieldWarrior
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ralph Callachan was the first one to receive my hatred. Steve Archibald. Gary Caldwell. Murdo Mcleod. Grant Brebner. Steven Whittaker. Fraser Fyvie. Gary Deegen. 

A bunch of no-marks, but Fyvie is the most ginger thing I've ever seen, so he may qualify on that basis.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

A bunch of no-marks, but Fyvie is the most ginger thing I've ever seen, so he may qualify on that basis.

Archibald did ok career wise, just wanted to show how many there was 😆

I can’t be bothered reading the whole thread but I hope somebody has mentioned Mathias Jack. Hibs fans were convinced he was a hard man but I just remember a player who spent his whole career rolling around faking injury and doing cheap shots on smaller players. Never seen if he was against a genuine hard player. 

Lone Striker
57 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s an act. He was an actor playing the villain. Away from his acting role he’s actually quite a nice lad.

Total **** on the park of course but away from that, he’s as far away from being a thuggish hard man than you’d ever find.

Quite a few other hard men on the pitch have been described as nice  guys off it.  Our own Monsiour  Brellier for example. 

Others like Graeme Souness,  Emlyn Hughes,  Jack Charlton,  Nobby Stiles, Johnny Giles,.  Kenny Burns, Patrick Viera.  Long list.   

20 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Incidentally, I wonder who would feature on a similar thread on .net?

Any number of hearts players who have helped deliver the hearts boaby to them

Rat boy - Riordan - for me - used to hate when he played against us, always seemed to either score or do something, That and also his scum baggyness was next level, that disgusting song he sang about Sir Rudi Skacel was utterly classless and sums the man up.

20 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I don't hate Hibs players for being good against us, I kind of grudgingly respect that to be honest, that's why I don't get the hatred for McGinn, he's a cracking wee player who should have played for Hearts if Bob wasn't such a dick. 

For non footballing reasons, I'd go this lot because they're proper verminous little rats, 

Riordan

O'Connor

Thumb

Dean Shiels

Scott Brown (although much more for Celtic)

For footballing reasons, just guys I didn't like on the park who thought they were something brilliant but were utter pish. 

Ian Murray (remember that scoreline he had as a haircut ffs :lol:

Willie Miller (little neddy defender they had in the early 90's who was a hatchet man) 

George McClusky (Souness ended him when he came to Scotland with a perfectly fair challenge, horrible wee ned)

Mickey Weir (proper little wind up merchant who I hated back in the day)

Sproule (all bark and no trousers this one, speedy little wind up merchant who loved a dive and a stamp, but had absolutely zero end product, no doubt makes him a legend down that way :lol:)

Joe Newell (absolute arse of a man and a shite footballer to boot, thinks he's some sort of hard man though)

McPake (horrible little weasly grass of a player, almost made it onto the top list but he's not relevant enough) 

Porteous (cheating little scrote, but he's actually doing well for himself away from the vermin, he hasn't stopped cheating though)

I'm sure there's quite a few I've missed but these will do for now :D 

Was surprised it took so long for someone to mention this reptile! What a piece of filth he was. I bet he had a helluva Derby record! Utterly loathsome creature.

Of the current crop of filth, that mutant Josh Campbell is right up there. He's got a horrible ambling style and a real nasty piece of shit. Got myself all unsettled now thinking about the ***** and it's not even 08:30 yet.

Anyway, FTH and the cast of hundreds who've been ragdolled and owned at various stages over the decades. **** every last one of them. 

Absolute Scenes
On 18/07/2023 at 14:27, Ron Burgundy said:

I'd swap Liam Craig for Porteous but that's a decent hate list.

Bartley is a  horrible bassa with a conviction for threatening woman but he's managed to fool the media into giving him airtime.

Can’t believe I forgot about him

Just shows how irrelevant he was as a hibby 😂 not a single Hibs derby win under his belt

On 18/07/2023 at 00:44, Graham Thomson said:

I know it depends on your age but my top 10 most hated Hibbies are in no particular order

1. Mickey Weir

2. Keith Wright

3. Leigh Griffith's

4. Paul Kane 

5. Derek Riordan

6. John Collins. 

7. Scott Brown. 

8. Gareth Evans.

9. John Blackley.

10. Pat McGinlay. 

I am sure I have missed lots out, please feel free to add to the list. 

I always think "hate" is a bit too strong. Mickey Weir and Paul Kane were through and through Hibbies, who loved beating Hearts but were not venomous, it was hard  to dislike them. The rest are quite easy to have an aversion towards, add in O'Connor and Stokes. I'd probably replace Blackley with the diver Boyle.

Detestable trio.....partially just for having faces you love to hate eg never tire of "poking" them (as well as being nasty types who have a HUGE chip on their shoulders re Hearts) ........Kane/RearDone/Griffiths - horrible bar stewards 

AAgghh.jpg

On 18/07/2023 at 00:44, Graham Thomson said:

I know it depends on your age but my top 10 most hated Hibbies are in no particular order

1. Mickey Weir

2. Keith Wright

3. Leigh Griffith's

4. Paul Kane 

5. Derek Riordan

6. John Collins. 

7. Scott Brown. 

8. Gareth Evans.

9. John Blackley.

10. Pat McGinlay. 

I am sure I have missed lots out, please feel free to add to the list. 

#5 should be #1 - for that tackle on Skacel. 

I got banned from JKB for encouraging counter violence towards him for that. 

I hate Riordan. If I ever met him in a street, I'd boot him in the baws. Hard. 

Who was the Hibs player who got Souness sent off in his first game for Rangers? 

Walter Smith identified him and said to Souness, if he gets to you - he'll get you a red card. 

And he did. 

Go for it 1308
52 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Walter Smith identified him and said to Souness, if he gets to you - he'll get you a red card. 

And he did. 

George McCluskey?

Go for it 1308
58 minutes ago, Deodato said:

And he did. 

Cancel that....seemingly it was Stuart  Beedie of Hibs who set the whole thing off with Souness who then crocked McCluskey

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

1. Paul Kane

2. Paul Kane

3. Paul Kane

etc..

Yes. I hate him. 🤬 chuck in Ratboy too. 

McGlynn The Money
On 18/07/2023 at 00:45, Legend Claws said:

I don't even have a top 3, because they're ultimately insignificant.

:spoton:

Couldn't give a **** about them.

Although saying that, McCluskey goes in with studs at almost eye level on Chris Woods when Mickey Weir takes the second corner. Carnage. Anyone got memories of pagars after the game? 

On 18/07/2023 at 23:12, BlueRiver said:

Solid list. 

Chuck in rat bags Leigh Griffiths and Riordan for a couple of Scott Brown and that's me rounded out. 

Never actually hated Griffiths, there was something a bit less toxic about his relationship with us, than say, Riordan. It was more like he gets piss taken out of him and gives it back. Riordan always seemed a bit more bad hearted, did he not try and half Skacel ? Just a malicious thug. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Never actually hated Griffiths, there was something a bit less toxic about his relationship with us, than say, Riordan. It was more like he gets piss taken out of him and gives it back. Riordan always seemed a bit more bad hearted, did he not try and half Skacel ? Just a malicious thug. 

yes and got a red card for it, iirc it is the game where kevin kyle as riordan was walking off called him pathetic

Pat Mcginley just for that shite he got shaved on his head.

Ivan Sproule for the stamp.tge dirty little rat.

Half the hibs team from the semi where they flew in too hurt us.

David Gray

An absolute fud

Paul Kane

His patter is rotten 

Deeks the rat

He epitomised the disgraceful attitudes towards Skacel .A consummate professional who was on the recieving end of xenophobic behaviour from Hibernian supprt and staff who were never publicily called out by their shite club and shamefully ignored by the press who have since given him press time.

The thumb 

Who doesn't hate an older creep who sniffs about young lassies .

Mcpake 

For being a tool

3 hours ago, Deodato said:

Different take on the Souness / McCluskey incident here. I actually feel for George a lot and agree with the accusation of Italian studs. Well known. Souness was one nasty barsteward on the pitch. Bordering on a thug. A gifted thug. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1581139521901931

There was no bordering about it.

Souness was a thug on the park.

And not as hard as he's made out to be.

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Pat Mcginley just for that shite he got shaved on his head.

Ivan Sproule for the stamp.tge dirty little rat.

Half the hibs team from the semi where they flew in too hurt us.

David Gray

An absolute fud

Paul Kane

His patter is rotten 

Deeks the rat

He epitomised the disgraceful attitudes towards Skacel .A consummate professional who was on the recieving end of xenophobic behaviour from Hibernian supprt and staff who were never publicily called out by their shite club and shamefully ignored by the press who have since given him press time.

The thumb 

Who doesn't hate an older creep who sniffs about young lassies .

Mcpake 

For being a tool

Your first point. It was Ian Murray. 

I have no problem with any player who tries his hardest for his team, no matter who they are. Disliking a player because he is good or a tryer is very different from disliking him because he is obnoxious. I cannot fault Hobos who enjoyed a win against us just because they do that. It is the ones who took it too far that I dislike. That puts Riordan at the top of the list, followed by Griffiths and probably Brown...

Montgomery Brewster

The first 10 listed who line up against us in next derby.

despicable club and fans. **** them !

Gorgie  rules 

On 18/07/2023 at 23:32, Pasquale for King said:

Caldwell is an underrated shout. Always hated that prick. Arrogant beyond belief considering how pish he was. He genuinely believed he was a classy ball playing defender. He was a classless arsehole playing with his balls. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Caldwell is an underrated shout. Always hated that prick. Arrogant beyond belief considering how pish he was. He genuinely believed he was a classy ball playing defender. He was a classless arsehole playing with his balls. 

Spot on. I remember walking the dogs toward Saughton one day and he was driving slowly through Gorgie with Miller in tow staring at people out his rolled down window 😆. I think they stayed in the new flats behind Scotmid in Dalry at the time. 
Awful player, terrible pundit, crap manager, thick as mince too. 
One of the worst Scotland players ever. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

millerjames398

Alan "lazy eye" sneddon,

Gordon rae,

Wullie miller,

Gordon hunter, 

Not sure why as they were lynch pins in many a fine hearts victory 😂🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

5 hours ago, Deodato said:

Although saying that, McCluskey goes in with studs at almost eye level on Chris Woods when Mickey Weir takes the second corner. Carnage. Anyone got memories of pagars after the game? 

\Dodgy penalty to Rangers...

On 19/07/2023 at 07:13, milky_26 said:

Any number of hearts players who have helped deliver the hearts boaby to them

Indeed. And that's the difference. They hate our players because of their superior footballing ability, whereas we hate their players as they're odious little scrotes.