Top 10 most hated Hibs Players.

Graham Thomson

davemclaren

When I was a kid Eric Stevenson used to stay with his family in the council house two doors up from us. Peter Marinello once came to visit which was the biggest excitement in the street since Addie Rae ( Gordon Rae's dad ) came back home after winning the Junior Cup with Dunbar.  

Eric seemed a nice guy. 😎

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Craig_

• Deodato

• boag1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RustyRightPeg
7 hours ago, martoon said:

I hope no-one include Tam McManus.

He's hilarious. 

Point and laugh, by all means, but hatred would seem cruel to me. 

A feckin court jester of a Hibby.

His playing career didn’t warrant hatred it’s just the utter pish he spouts in the paper that makes him seem more relevant than he ever was on the pitch. 

7 hours ago, martoon said:

He's hilarious. 

Nah McAnus is just sheer comedy value, watching him go from delusional levels of positivity to full on post-mortem trying to decipher what went wrong every season will always be a right laugh

AC Mallin_51

Dono about top 10 but off my head

O’Connor

Riordan

Cummings

Brown

Griffiths

would’ve added Porteous but unlike the others I think he could potentially become less of a welt now he’s away from Hibs whereas the others have been Aholes everywhere they’ve been. Time will tell though 

Not sure about hating any of them.

I dislike every single one of them, and only levels of intensity vary

How can anyone 'hate' Zibby for instance......

kingantti1874

Surprised No mention for Anthony stokes.

this for me many the reaction and  emotion that comes to mind is laughter and pity , not hate. 

ShortmanRossco
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Ian Murray is a good guy now

Weird that because he still acted like a complete bitter knob in his interview after Raith lost on Saturday. Even the pundits were laughing at him.

Silvery_Moon
8 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

I know it depends on your age but my top 10 most hated Hibbies are in no particular order

1. Mickey Weir

2. Keith Wright

3. Leigh Griffith's

4. Paul Kane 

5. Derek Riordan

6. John Collins. 

7. Scott Brown. 

8. Gareth Evans.

9. John Blackley.

10. Pat McGinlay. 

I am sure I have missed lots out, please feel free to add to the list. 

That's a big compliment to Gareth Evans. A part of the squad we achieved 22 in a row against and don't recall him causing us many problems. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Ah now we’re talking

Riorden - rat faced racist ned

O’Connor - total waster

Griffiths - sexual deviant, ned, racist, had the world at his feet after the 2 free kicks v England & chucked it away

Stokes - terrorist sympathiser & such a bellend that even Neil Lennon washed his hands of him

Ian Murray - typical hibs roaster, ned 

scum

Liam Craig - shite player, diver & constantly greeting at the ref, some penalty taker but 😂👀

Bartley - threatens women, fingers other players in the arse

Scott Brown - the pricks prick, invisible to refs & the biggest plastic hard man there is

Porteous - plastic hard man & ned, loves to feign head knocks

Sproule - diving cheating wank, thug stamp on Pressley (thanks again for the man advantage you clown)

A stalwart of the 4-0 and 5-1 Hampden humping! Gotta love him. 

. .. Stamp was on Miko. 👍 

Japan Jambo
9 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

I know it depends on your age but my top 10 most hated Hibbies are in no particular order

1. Mickey Weir

2. Keith Wright

3. Leigh Griffith's

4. Paul Kane 

5. Derek Riordan

6. John Collins. 

7. Scott Brown. 

8. Gareth Evans.

9. John Blackley.

10. Pat McGinlay. 

Mickey Weir is a blast from the past, we'd all get locked up if we started singing his chant in these more enlightened times!!

Edited by Japan Jambo

13 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A stalwart of the 4-0 and 5-1 Hampden humping! Gotta love him. 

. .. Stamp was on Miko. 👍 

My mistake, still a weapon

Fort Vallance

1 Paul Kane. 2. Paul Kane. 3. Paul Kane.

Irrational I know. Especially as I heard from a good mate that he's actually a decent bloke.

N Lincs Jambo

Purely on football terms growing up in the 70s Ally McLeod. Always seemed to score against us.

John Findlay

Herriot

Brownlie

Black

Blackley

Schaedler

Stanton

Edwards

O'Rourke

Cropley

Gordon

Duncan.

Those that know, know.

6 hours ago, benny said:

Joe Harper was the first Hibs player I really hated.

We did give him some stick back in the day. Ex Dons hero was going to be the next Hibs superstar. Reputation was better than the player they got. All together now -

Hibs spent a barrel of money

Harpers as fat as he's funny

Thick as a plank

Just a wee w***

Bye bye Joe

8 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Anthony Stokes

Pretty much this, with a side order of Riordan.

the posh bit

I can 

9 hours ago, Legend Claws said:

I don't even have a top 3, because they're ultimately insignificant.

This. 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

His playing career didn’t warrant hatred it’s just the utter pish he spouts in the paper that makes him seem more relevant than he ever was on the pitch. 

He actually craves being hated by the Hearts support. It  makes his absolutely average football & now media career seem relevant. 

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

They dislike us because we are better than them . We dislike them because they are scum

This needs to be up in the tunnel beside "Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey". 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Incidentally, I wonder who would feature on a similar thread on .net?

Rudi , Hartley, Robbo  - to be fair to them it would be hard not to hate people who have violated and abused you so badly 

9 hours ago, martoon said:

He's hilarious. 

The nicest thing that I can say about McAnus is that I don't even remember him playing for Hibs. 

A total non-entity of a player who somehow has picked up a media career spewing absolute shite that contradicts basic logic and often contradicts itself.  He lives in a fantasy land where he is the main character and believes that Hibs are like Barcelona. 

Edited by tian447

The Old Tolbooth

I don't hate Hibs players for being good against us, I kind of grudgingly respect that to be honest, that's why I don't get the hatred for McGinn, he's a cracking wee player who should have played for Hearts if Bob wasn't such a dick. 

For non footballing reasons, I'd go this lot because they're proper verminous little rats, 

Riordan

O'Connor

Thumb

Dean Shiels

Scott Brown (although much more for Celtic)

For footballing reasons, just guys I didn't like on the park who thought they were something brilliant but were utter pish. 

Ian Murray (remember that scoreline he had as a haircut ffs :lol:

Willie Miller (little neddy defender they had in the early 90's who was a hatchet man) 

George McClusky (Souness ended him when he came to Scotland with a perfectly fair challenge, horrible wee ned)

Mickey Weir (proper little wind up merchant who I hated back in the day)

Sproule (all bark and no trousers this one, speedy little wind up merchant who loved a dive and a stamp, but had absolutely zero end product, no doubt makes him a legend down that way :lol:)

Joe Newell (absolute arse of a man and a shite footballer to boot, thinks he's some sort of hard man though)

McPake (horrible little weasly grass of a player, almost made it onto the top list but he's not relevant enough) 

Porteous (cheating little scrote, but he's actually doing well for himself away from the vermin, he hasn't stopped cheating though)

I'm sure there's quite a few I've missed but these will do for now :D 

Gordon_1874

From their current team it has to be Newell for me. Spends most of the game fouling people and is absolutely guff.

Captain Scarlett
37 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Peter Cormack,  shows up my era I suppose.

My dad used to drink in the Old Coach Inn (Twissys) in Canonmills and best mates with Peter Cormack's Father in Law a guy called Lotty Robertson. Himself a real real WW11 hero. Anyway when PC went down to Liverpool in the 70’s England players couldn’t give the home international tickets away therefore The old coach Inn was awash with Scotland v England tickets for Wembley. People like Kevin Keegan giving PC tickets because the English wouldn’t go. So still have a soft spot for PC. Incidentally the pub was run by Peter Marinellos dad and uncle

In no real order. 

Riordan

Griffiths

Stokes

Brown

Liam Craig

That bald ***** think it was Robertson around 13/14 season

Rankin for his blatant dive in the Obua thats gangster derby (I think) 

Ian Murray

Dean Shields

Cummings 

Thomson 

Honorable mention for Mcpake. I just can't hate him after making Rudi's day on 19/05/12 so so easy

Could probably go on all day tbf. Hibs ***** 

4 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

I did not like Pat Stanton simply because he always seemed to play well against us.  A thorn in our sides especially that goal he scored in about the 98th minute.

Hate is something that I cannot understand.

This. Hatred adds nothing to football.

I'd rather have a thread about 10 most annoying Hibs players.

Pat Stanton's goal was 1 November 1975. A pity, because Ralph Callachan had scored a beauty.

Graham Thomson
20 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Pat Stanton's goal was 1 November 1975. A pity, because Ralph Callachan had scored a beauty.

Jeez change it to the most annoying if that makes you happier 😴

pat Stanton's goal was a pity 🫣😂 yip that's what I would have been saying when he scored. Such a pity 😂😂

Graham Thomson
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Why would you wonder that 🤔🤔

Gary O'jonston

Ivan Sproule

Derek Riordan

Scott Brown

Leigh Griffiths

Ian Murray

Joe Newell

Anthony Stokes

Tam McmANUS

Steven Fletcher 

Alex MacDonald

I have a top 10 hated Rangers or Celtic players list, that could easily be expanded to top 50, but with Hibs it’s a top 10 comedy value list. 

JamboAndrew

It's hard to hate them as reality always catches up with them and it's funny.

Riorden had an insane amount of talent. Look what he did with it.

Gary O'fat bustard had all the parts to be a solid striker for many years. Look what he did with it.

Leogh Griffiths, same as Riorden. But achieved slightly more by virtue of leaving hibs.

Scott Brown was only there a short man and became the person we all despise at Celtic.

After that I'm struggling. The rest are I significant or funny. I can't think of any that annoy me.

The two Glasgow arsecheeks though. Good luck getting down to a top 10 shortlist of each.

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Yeah think the fans were mixed that day as well.  I think.  We were in the Georgie Road end and as soon as Stanton hit it we knew it was going to hit the net.  No idea why there was so much extra time other than injuries but sure the fans were raging because it was an excessive amount of time added on.

Annoying Hibs players could be a long list so keeping to ten might not be so daft 😀

13 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

1. Mickey Weir

2. Keith Wright

3. Leigh Griffith's

4. Paul Kane 

5. Derek Riordan

6. John Collins. 

7. Scott Brown. 

8. Gareth Evans.

9. John Blackley.

10. Pat McGinlay. 

I can't hate this guy.  First name on the Scotland team sheet during his prime. Free kicks sealed that opinion.

Ron Burgundy
6 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

1. Leigh Griffiths

2. John McGinn

3. Gary Oconner

4. Marvin Bartley

5. Derek Riordan

6. Martin Boyle

7.  Dean Shields

8. Scott Brown

9. Liam Craig

10. Ivan Sproule

I'd swap Liam Craig for Porteous but that's a decent hate list.

Bartley is a  horrible bassa with a conviction for threatening woman but he's managed to fool the media into giving him airtime.

37 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yeah think the fans were mixed that day as well.  I think.  We were in the Georgie Road end and as soon as Stanton hit it we knew it was going to hit the net.  No idea why there was so much extra time other than injuries but sure the fans were raging because it was an excessive amount of time added on.

Annoying Hibs players could be a long list so keeping to ten might not be so daft 😀

I was also at the Gorgie Rd end, quite high up behind the goal, where I often stood if there was a big crowd.

The second derby of the Premier League era and a chance to get revenge.

A mixed crowd, too. In many ways better than we now have but these days are gone and I quite like my seat with its incomparable Wheatfield view of the pitch.

Excessive injury time was really unusual in those days. I think about 5 minutes.

Off to my reminiscence group now.

1, Gordon Rae

2, Gordon Hunter

3, Scott Brown

4, John Blackley

5, Derek Riordan

6, Mickey Weir

7, Ian Murray

8, Garry O'Connor 

9, Sibhan Hunter

10, Ryan Porteous.  

4 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Rudi, Robbo, Gordon, Stevenson, Miko, Black, Lafferty, Levein, Halliday, Hartley I'd guess

5 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

1 Paul Kane. 2. Paul Kane. 3. Paul Kane.

Irrational I know. Especially as I heard from a good mate that he's actually a decent bloke.

he is a decent bloke.  Gary Mackay (his mate) said at the foundation ceremony on Sunday there that unfortunately he’s been badly ill recently. 

Fort Vallance
5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

he is a decent bloke.  Gary Mackay (his mate) said at the foundation ceremony on Sunday there that unfortunately he’s been badly ill recently. 

Sorry to hear that.

merseyjambo

1. Willie Miller

2. Scott Brown

3. Paul Kane

4. Mickey Weir

5. Ally McLeod

6. Riorden

7. Gary O’Connor

8. David Gray

9. Russel Latapy 

10. Yogi Hughes

Its crap having to stop at 10

Lone Striker
12 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Same here. No room in my head for ‘hatred’ of people I’ve never met and can’t really judge.

Ive ‘feared’ some of them but none for a very long time. I’m talking Edwards Cropley Stanton Orourke, that era.

Yep, me too.   DIslike of Hibs in general, but we were generally rubbish when they had very good players like Stanton, Edwards, O'Rourke (and Alan Gordon) etc. 

Hate is probably too strong a word imo, but  Scott Brown comes closest.  Effective player, yes, but basically a career based on thuggery.  He gave the game away in an interview after he moved to Celtic, when he was  asked what the biggest difference he found  between playing for Hibs and playing for Celtic  -  "I get away with a  lot more stuff here, that I would have got booked for at Hibs"

No Idle Talk

Tough one. It's like being asked which ten birds you'd most like to shag or what your ten favourite songs are. Hard to narrow it down. 

Off the top of my head...... 

Derek Riordan

Bobby Thomson

Leigh Griffiths 

Mickey Weir

Pat McGinlay

Garry O Connor

Darren Jackson 

Paul Kane

John Collins

Andy Goram