Top 10 most hated Hibs Players.

Graham Thomson

Graham Thomson

I know it depends on your age but my top 10 most hated Hibbies are in no particular order

1. Mickey Weir

2. Keith Wright

3. Leigh Griffith's

4. Paul Kane 

5. Derek Riordan

6. John Collins. 

7. Scott Brown. 

8. Gareth Evans.

9. John Blackley.

10. Pat McGinlay. 

I am sure I have missed lots out, please feel free to add to the list. 

Edited by Graham Thomson

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Craig_

• Deodato

• boag1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my lifetime the record is 71 wins to 34 and 223 goals to 152. 4-0 at Hampden. It's difficult to hate a team that have been so kind to us.

Griffiths, Riordan, O'Connor and Cummings have annoyed me.

I hope no-one include Tam McManus.

He's hilarious. 

Point and laugh, by all means, but hatred would seem cruel to me. 

A feckin court jester of a Hibby.

Simon Murray and Liam Craig, absolutely hated both of them. no real reason why as they were completely insignificant 

37 minutes ago, Legend Claws said:

I don't even have a top 3, because they're ultimately insignificant.

Inclined to agree with that.

The funniest, most ludicrous Hibs player would be tougher to compile.

A Ben-Hur of a cast list.

Edited by martoon

Watt-Zeefuik

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Scott Brown

Anthony Stokes

Naisys Tackle

The Thumb

Rat Boy

Ian Murray

Occonnor 

Stokes

Pat McGinley

Brown

Liam Craig 

James McPake

John Collins (***** of a manager too).

Gorgie_Rules

Very few (if any at all) have achieved anything of great significance over us to merit being ‘hated’.

If you consider how they must look at the likes of Skacel, Hartley, Robbo for example then no one comes close.

Toxteth O'Grady

Most of those already mentioned plus Gordond Hunter, Joe Newell and Steven Tweed , ? Paterson - big guy they got from Motherwell 

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

Porteous 

Because when he played they always beat us….

wait a minute….

Actually it’s because he is a cheating cant 

Could only hate an opposition player because he stands out consistently and gave us real problems. 

No Hibbys spring to mind.

4 hours ago, edramone said:

I do find it difficult to hate Hibs players when they have given me so much comedy gold.

yeah I tend to agree.  Hates a strong word. They’ve given me some joy over the last 35 years which is priceless. Many more to come too

In my experience, too many Hibs fans harbour a bitterness towards Hearts that I don’t feel is mirrored to the same extent from our side.

I suppose the head-to-head results must inspire a sense of inferiority and resentment.

That resentment found expression in Hibs players who were also Hibs fans: Riordan, Griffiths, O’Connor, Murray and others spring to mind. It’s natural we should dislike players like this in return.

Personally, I always disliked the Hibs players I feared most. Having endured the 1970s, there were plenty examples…

6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

The volume of abuse that Darren Jackson used to get before we signed him was quite something. 🤣

That's why I really loved it when it became apparent that he was a hearts fan.

6 hours ago, Legend Claws said:

I don't even have a top 3, because they're ultimately insignificant.

👍

I was gonna say that I don't hate any Hibs player and I don't mind wearing green from time to time because Hibs aren't really a proper rival, they are like a fly in a restaurant, annoying but hardly likely to ruin your meal 

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Gav M said:

Simon Murray and Liam Craig, absolutely hated both of them. no real reason why as they were completely insignificant 

It's the ginger hair, isn't it? 

I think it is very reflective of the difference between the two clubs in terms of success that a list of most disliked Hibs players is on the whole made up of horrible characters and not players that caused us grief on the pitch

People like Riordan and OConner or Ryan Porteous 

Not many going for their 2016 players , except for the ones who were violent thugs like Stokes , or sexual assault enthusiasts like Fingers Bartley . No mention of McGinn for example 

If Hibs fans put together a similar list it would have people like Skacel on it for the damage he did to them on the park . A man who was spat at and called a refugee by their fans 

They dislike us because we are better than them . We dislike them because they are scum

Finlay James

None, Hibs have given me so many great memories over the years I feel noting but pity for them.

They, on the other hand, bitterly detest us so much that I think they hate us more than they love Hibs.

We never had social media in the old days, so maybe it just seems to be more visible these days.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think it is very reflective of the difference between the two clubs in terms of success that a list of most disliked Hibs players is on the whole made up of horrible characters and not players that caused us grief on the pitch

People like Riordan and OConner or Ryan Porteous 

Not many going for their 2016 players , except for the ones who were violent thugs like Stokes , or sexual assault enthusiasts like Fingers Bartley . No mention of McGinn for example 

If Hibs fans put together a similar list it would have people like Skacel on it for the damage he did to them on the park . A man who was spat at and called a refugee by their fans 

They dislike us because we are better than them . We dislike them because they are scum

:spoton:

joondalupjambo

I did not like Pat Stanton simply because he always seemed to play well against us.  A thorn in our sides especially that goal he scored in about the 98th minute.

Hate is something that I cannot understand.

ShortmanRossco

Ian Murray without shadow of a doubt. There's not a single redeeming quality about him. If he has a cat I hate him and all.

6 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

I know it depends on your age but my top 10 most hated Hibbies are in no particular order

1. Mickey Weir

2. Keith Wright

3. Leigh Griffith's

4. Paul Kane 

5. Derek Riordan

6. John Collins. 

7. Scott Brown. 

8. Gareth Evans.

9. John Blackley.

10. Pat McGinlay. 

I am sure I have missed lots out, please feel free to add to the list. 

A relative of mines is on that list. lol. Would not have put him in the most hated either way.

Cambo_Jambo

Don't think anybody has mentioned Ivan Sproule.

Really disliked him but I feel that might just have been more about the fact they all built him up to be some sort of speedy genius when he was, in fact, dug meat.

Some absolute arseholes on the lists above for sure, but just for fairness I've met both Darren Jackson and Keith Wright and they were both pretty sound.

Absolute Scenes

1. Leigh Griffiths

2. John McGinn

3. Gary Oconner

4. Marvin Bartley

5. Derek Riordan

6. Martin Boyle

7.  Dean Shields

8. Scott Brown

9. Liam Craig

10. Ivan Sproule

50 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I did not like Pat Stanton simply because he always seemed to play well against us.  A thorn in our sides especially that goal he scored in about the 98th minute.

Hate is something that I cannot understand.

Same here. No room in my head for ‘hatred’ of people I’ve never met and can’t really judge.

Ive ‘feared’ some of them but none for a very long time. I’m talking Edwards Cropley Stanton Orourke, that era.

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Same here. No room in my head for ‘hatred’ of people I’ve never met and can’t really judge.

Ive ‘feared’ some of them but none for a very long time. I’m talking Edwards Cropley Stanton Orourke, that era.

Yeah funny I was torn between Stanton and Edwards but went with the former because of his high level of consistency when playing.  

5 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Some absolute arseholes on the lists above for sure, but just for fairness I've met both Darren Jackson and Keith Wright and they were both pretty sound.

My mate, like me a ST Holder at Tynecastle, plays 5s with Mickey Weir. Says he's a really decent bloke.

For out and out arseholery, it has to be Dean Shields. As others have alluded to, they are of more value as a source of mild amusement, they are like petulant buffoons that can’t get the nut out the jar because their fist is still wrapped round it.😃

Ah now we’re talking

Riorden - rat faced racist ned

O’Connor - total waster

Griffiths - sexual deviant, ned, racist, had the world at his feet after the 2 free kicks v England & chucked it away

Stokes - terrorist sympathiser & such a bellend that even Neil Lennon washed his hands of him

Ian Murray - typical hibs roaster, ned 

scum

Liam Craig - shite player, diver & constantly greeting at the ref, some penalty taker but 😂👀

Bartley - threatens women, fingers other players in the arse

Scott Brown - the pricks prick, invisible to refs & the biggest plastic hard man there is

Porteous - plastic hard man & ned, loves to feign head knocks

Sproule - diving cheating wank, thug stamp on Pressley (thanks again for the man advantage you clown)

1 minute ago, Wish said:

My mate, like me a ST Holder at Tynecastle, plays 5s with Mickey Weir. Says he's a really decent bloke.

Nothing really heavy against most of them from that sort of era . Only two off the top of my head that stand out as horrible characters were McGinlay and Evans

5 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

The Thumb

Rat Boy

Ian Murray

Occonnor 

Stokes

Pat McGinley

Brown

Liam Craig 

James McPake

John Collins (***** of a manager too).

Similar to mine but swap liam craig with mickey weir and James mcpake with porteous.

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Met him in the pub nice guy

Oh right . Happy to still class him as a throbber if that is the extent of turn around