Dunfermline vs Heart of Midlothian match thread

Ryan Gosling

alwaysthereinspirit

I'm having a hard time picking the facetious from the serious posts with regards to getting rid of Shabba.;)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot
Have Hearts acutally won with him incharge?

Once in the last 18 or summat. Even with our record being gash over the last 2.5 years, that is some going from a ref.

McDonald = SFA's saviour.

Dirk Diggler
Have Hearts acutally won with him incharge?

Much to the W***kers dismay, we beat Gretna on penalties in a cup final his team can't get near.

I've said it before, The quicker someone burns the feckers house down the better.

Caller on Talk107 said Stewart was honking - a traffic cone he said.

Reckoned that Ruben was the only one listening when Csaba called for effort. Also said Chesney played well.

Fozzyonthefence
Four players and we'll be up there challenging for honours

Box to box midfielder (Hartly/Cameron type)

Striker to play anongside Nade (I think he will come good with a kick up the ass).

Back up striker.

Defender to play along-side Berra.

We have the basis of a good squad. It needs a few additions of quality and we'll have nothing to worry about....as long as Vlad lets the boss get on with the job.

:eek:

don't you mean 4 players & we might challenge for top 6?

Sat all night and never got a fecking beep ;)

Let's see what develops during the rest of preseason.

It can only get better.

Csaba get's a few of his trainig idea's accross and a few decent signing's,loan deal's if needs be and most of the crap and non trying elemrnt in our squad out,then let them have a wee run and see if we start to improve.

Hoprfully come the first SPL match we will have a better,more focust and a moe toether squad with good discipline that we will be proud to call our team again.:P

Hearts of Vladland
Sat all night and never got a fecking beep ;)

Let's see what develops during the rest of preseason.

It can only get better.

Csaba get's a few of his trainig idea's accross and a few decent signing's,loan deal's if needs be and most of the crap and non trying elemrnt in our squad out,then let them have a wee run and see if we start to improve.

Hoprfully come the first SPL match we will have a better,more focust and a moe toether squad with good discipline that we will be proud to call our team again.:P

And hopefully Hearts World will have the rest of the preseason friendly online.

just back from the match and i left after 65 mins absolute honking not sure what system he was playing tonight looked like 4-3-2-1 then it looked like 4-2-3-1 dont think the team are playing well with this system, M Stewart was absolute tewrrible along with a few others, Chesney was ok but there you go, there was no togetherness as Shaba wants its time to get fingers ooot there ass's and get the team working together.

just back from the match and i left after 65 mins absolute honking not sure what system he was playing tonight looked like 4-3-2-1 then it looked like 4-2-3-1 dont think the team are playing well with this system, M Stewart was absolute tewrrible along with a few others, Chesney was ok but there you go, there was no togetherness as Shaba wants its time to get fingers ooot there ass's and get the team working together.

Wisny you that started the booing was it? ;)

i think we could be well into the season before this team improves, some of our numpties have been able to get away with doing feck all for too long!!:mad::mad:

Wisny you that started the booing was it? ;)

no just the sectarian songs ;);):P:p no never even sung the atmosphere tried to get off the ground about twice and the rest was shouts of dog poo and other words of that caliber.

siegementality
Four players and we'll be up there challenging for honours

Box to box midfielder (Hartly/Cameron type)

Striker to play anongside Nade (I think he will come good with a kick up the ass).

Back up striker.

Defender to play along-side Berra.

We have the basis of a good squad. It needs a few additions of quality and we'll have nothing to worry about....as long as Vlad lets the boss get on with the job.

What utter garbage. You know two thirds of feck all about football if you think four quality additions will have us "challenging for honours". If we add four quality players to our squad it'll mean we'll then have five quality players! (Kingston, when he can be ersed being the other). Anyone who doesn't realise our squad needs a total overhaul spends to much time on the receiving end of Alan Roughs boaby.

Robbos Right Peg

I just logged on to find out what the score was and I still dont know (and probably worse still dont even care) but am presuming we got humped. Well no surprise there as we always knew this squad are without exception the worst in recent history. 4 weeks to go.......... cannae wait for the real thing to start up

siegementality
Boo-ing a friendly is pathetic. @ half time makes it even worse

It sends a message to Romaknob. We now have a manager, now get some decent fecking players.

Typical pre-season friendly

Glen,Mole,Husband, and Mcgowan stood out for me-Mole especially :)

I expected a rusty performance as it was only the 2nd game back and it really showed in a combination of overhit passes and players not running into space to look for the ball.

Roll on the next game-couple of experienced strikers in this transfer window to assist the young guys will help;)

Drylaw Hearts

Just back from the match :

Positives - Jamie Mole and Steven Husband.

Both did well when they came on.

Negatives -

Zaliukas, Wallace, Chesney, Stewart and Ksanavicius were horrific.

How Chesney in lasted the whole match is beyond me.

The above 5 should be at the front of the queue for the exit door.

Drylaw Hearts
Typical pre-season friendly

Glen,Mole,Husband, and Mcgowan stood out for me-Mole especially :)

I expected a rusty performance as it was only the 2nd game back and it really showed in a combination of overhit passes and players not running into space to look for the ball.

Roll on the next game-couple of experienced strikers in this transfer window to assist the young guys will help;)

McGowan stood out for me because he was awful at CM.

I assume Csaba thought the same which is why he was hooke at HT.

No wonder how fans of other non-Old Firm sides hate us with comments like that. We have NO divine right to anything. We're millions in debt, and yet because we have 10,000 season ticket holders you think we should recklessly throw money at the problem and make tons of signings. The squad is ALREADY too large. We need to change tons - get the wage bill down to more reasonable levels, get rid of some wasters, get in players who are hungry and will develop, and develop our own youngsters.

I honestly think that we should be aiming for 3rd this season. Personally I think we need 4-6 players, but if we only get funds for 3 players Lazslo will have to choose wisely. Strikers have to be the priority. He'll also have to coach those he has into a more organised system, and maybe a system that suits the players better.

...........and I did of course say that we indeed have a divine right to win trophies,...........somewhere,...............didn't I .........????.

.............I also presumably mentioned something about recklessly throwing lots of money at an already overpaid and hugely populated squad,...........surely????????,...................somewhere ??????????.

Did you read my post at all ?

............oh, .........and I totally agree that we have probably far surpassed the OF when it comes to the most hated team in Scotland right now.

But lets be fair, it's a damn sight more to do with almost every issue surrounding the dealings of the senior management team at Heart of Midlothian, rather than the observations of one loyal yet totally dismayed supporter on a fan's website.

Csaba needs time - granted

But I wish to feck the Angel would get emptied.

I'm getting increasingly nervous about 2/3s of last seasons awful committee still being together.

He's tarnished, he's not liked, he's been proven incompetent.

Where is Csaba's assistant that he spoke of?

vlad on the tyne

how long before the first "4 3 2 1 formation isnae working" thread is posted.

I'm worried about next season

McGowan stood out for me because he was awful at CM.

I assume Csaba thought the same which is why he was hooke at HT.

:confused: I only thought McGowan went off so we could bring another striker(Mole) on and change the formation a bit-guess I was wrong with that then.

I thought the younger guys on the pitch showed they wanted to play tonight however I agree there were some truly poor performances among those others you mentioned.

peebles jambo

we got the wrong manager, it should have been jesus, we're going to need a miracle or two

i'm boaby mcewan already

Ryan Gosling

Mole MOTM, Templeton did alright out of position, Husband did well. Glen had no service.

Stewart is a tosser.

Ksanavicius is laughably bad. Zaliukas can't concentrate for longer than a second. Wallace is a stone overweight and got RAPED by Kevin Harper. Ruben offers nothing.

Mole played well.

Chesney looked decent, and probably about the only player on the pitch actually capable of taking a man on and going past him.

A few others were "ok". A few others were anonymous.

Not much to get excited about.... but I'd already told myself not to let pre-season games make my mind up about anything. I stand by that.

We definately need a captain. We definately need a BIG player in the middle of the pitch (not big in termsof size, big as in a "big signing"). And we definately need a prolific goalscorer.

Drylaw Hearts
Mole MOTM, Templeton did alright out of position, Husband did well. Glen had no service.

Stewart is a tosser.

Ksanavicius is laughably bad. Zaliukas can't concentrate for longer than a second. Wallace is a stone overweight and got RAPED by Kevin Harper. Ruben offers nothing.

A decent summary.

But I also thought McGowan was awful and Chesney was the worst of the lot.

...........and I did of course say that we indeed have a divine right to win trophies,...........somewhere,...............didn't I .........????.

.............I also presumably mentioned something about recklessly throwing lots of money at an already overpaid and hugely populated squad,...........surely????????,...................somewhere ??????????.

Did you read my post at all ?

............oh, .........and I totally agree that we have probably far surpassed the OF when it comes to the most hated team in Scotland right now.

But lets be fair, it's a damn sight more to do with almost every issue surrounding the dealings of the senior management team at Heart of Midlothian, rather than the observations of one loyal yet totally dismayed supporter on a fan's website.

I stand corrected on the majority of my post mate. I did read your post, but didn't read what it was referring to i.e. the guy that posted that 4 players and we'd be up challenging for honours. Your post had a different meaning in isolation, but now I see where you were coming from. 4 players to challenge perhaps for a cup, but in terms of the league we need around 6 or 7 to be in with a shout of getting close to the Old Firm.

I do think though that realistically next season is never going to be about anything other than 'being alright', whilst holding out for 3 or 4 good signings that might help us be 3rd again. There's not a cat in hells chance of us going close to being top 2, as the investment that would take is beyond us. Vlad tried pumping the cash in, but somewhere along the line the club has to be run more in line with its income, and our income is sadly nowhere near that of the Old Firm.

Totally agree regarding the mis-management, and I am as frustrated as yourself. I do think things might improve though if our support are realistic about next season, and maybe settle for a push for 3rd and better football / bringing on some youngsters. The long term aim has to be to develop players, and challenge that way, rather than going down the transfer route.

We need to get rid of the higher paid players who offer very little - Beslija, Makela, Goncalves, Nade etc. and use the wages freed up to bring in some good honest pro's who can help our youngsters develop. Unfortunately these guys offer little on the pitch, and only set a poor example for other young players with their lack of effort in training.

jambosean75

husband looks a real good prospect.

mole did well. and while stewart made a few mistakes the hand full of times we did look as though we might do something , he played a key part in the moves.

palazuelos is gash. he's going to get the leg of one of his team mates broken with his short passes and his habit of passing to players who are be closed down quickly

Drylaw Hearts
husband looks a real good prospect.

mole did well. and while stewart made a few mistakes the hand full of times we did look as though we might do something , he played a key part in the moves.

palazuelos is gash. he's going to get the leg of one of his team mates broken with his short passes and his habit of passing to players who are be closed down quickly

I've never been a big fan of Ruben tbh.

We were terrible tonight especially in the first half, I was really shocked at the fact it took us till about the 60th minute to force a save from Paul Gallagher.

The only players that I though played well were Mole and Husband. I think Husband looks as though he can play a part for us this season.

As has been said Mole was definately MOTM, offered himself for the ball at every opportunity put himself about and did some good work on the flanks, only bad thing was the ball never fell right for him in the box. Can't believe the negativity towards Chesny, if we were going to do anything he was invariably going to be involved.

Didn't see anything from Husband to make me think he can offer anything in the SPL at the moment and McGowan was like a Deer in the headlights, no matter what he did he couldn't keep the ball and nothing came off for him.

Ruben didn't really offer anything in midfield and if I post what a really think about Stewart and Ksanevicius I'll probably get banned from KB for life.

Wallace was murder (I think we need a LB before a RB to be honest).

I think the idea is to have the centre halfs bringng the ball out but Zali & Berra were not too great in the first half, second half Zali seemed more adept at bringing the ball out but i'd say at least 75-80% of the time him and Berra's passes resulted in the person they passed to having to pass right back or to Banks.

Karipidis and Glen did ok but nothing spectacular and Templeton had a couple of good touches, one great cross field pass which resulted in him having a shot that was well saved but I have suspicions he may be a bit too lightweight.

Banks had practically bugger all to do and just got caught out when the ball deflected of Wallace's left gonad

Drylaw Hearts
As has been said Mole was definately MOTM, offered himself for the ball at every opportunity put himself about and did some good work on the flanks, only bad thing was the ball never fell right for him in the box. Can't believe the negativity towards Chesny, if we were going to do anything he was invariably going to be involved.

Didn't see anything from Husband to make me think he can offer anything in the SPL at the moment and McGowan was like a Deer in the headlights, no matter what he did he couldn't keep the ball and nothing came off for him.

Ruben didn't really offer anything in midfield and if I post what a really think about Stewart and Ksanevicius I'll probably get banned from KB for life.

Wallace was murder (I think we need a LB before a RB to be honest).

I think the idea is to have the centre halfs bringng the ball out but Zali & Berra were not too great in the first half, second half Zali seemed more adept at bringing the ball out but i'd say at least 75-80% of the time him and Berra's passes resulted in the person they passed to having to pass right back or to Banks.

Karipidis and Glen did ok but nothing spectacular and Templeton had a couple of good touches, one great cross field pass which resulted in him having a shot that was well saved but I have suspicions he may be a bit too lightweight.

Banks had practically bugger all to do and just got caught out when the ball deflected of Wallace's left gonad

But as per usual nothing ever came of anything he did.

He's hopeless.

The worst pass of the night also belonged to him.

I stand corrected on the majority of my post mate. I did read your post, but didn't read what it was referring to i.e. the guy that posted that 4 players and we'd be up challenging for honours. Your post had a different meaning in isolation, but now I see where you were coming from. 4 players to challenge perhaps for a cup, but in terms of the league we need around 6 or 7 to be in with a shout of getting close to the Old Firm.

I do think though that realistically next season is never going to be about anything other than 'being alright', whilst holding out for 3 or 4 good signings that might help us be 3rd again. There's not a cat in hells chance of us going close to being top 2, as the investment that would take is beyond us. Vlad tried pumping the cash in, but somewhere along the line the club has to be run more in line with its income, and our income is sadly nowhere near that of the Old Firm.

Totally agree regarding the mis-management, and I am as frustrated as yourself. I do think things might improve though if our support are realistic about next season, and maybe settle for a push for 3rd and better football / bringing on some youngsters. The long term aim has to be to develop players, and challenge that way, rather than going down the transfer route.

We need to get rid of the higher paid players who offer very little - Beslija, Makela, Goncalves, Nade etc. and use the wages freed up to bring in some good honest pro's who can help our youngsters develop. Unfortunately these guys offer little on the pitch, and only set a poor example for other young players with their lack of effort in training.

No problem EJ74.

And for what it's worth, ....my solution to the current mess we are in would be to get in some good youngsters and some good honest pros. Someone of the Jimmy Bone ilk to bring along Gary Glen. (Jeez,.......even our best ever striker had the benefit of two great journeymen alongside him in his formative years in Bone and Clark).

And dare I say it, someone of SPs stature to nurture Berra. ( Levein had Jardine at his side).

It's not rocket science, nor is it expensive.

Ditch the overpaid mercenaries,................Bez the Bullet springs immediately to mind as does our pie eating centre forward.

In short, assemble a squad of players who know and understand what the name Heart of Midlothian actually stands for.

But,..............it's not going to happen I'm afraid. Not as long as our great club remains the plaything of a frustrated, would be, manager.

Apologies to all for going off topic.

Off to bed now. Early start in the morning.

Ryan Gosling
A decent summary.

But I also thought McGowan was awful and Chesney was the worst of the lot.

McGowan was bad although he deserves another chance as a) he was playing too deep in the wrong formation and B) he was playing with ****e.

Forgot Chesney was there.

Drylaw Hearts
McGowan was bad although he deserves another chance as a) he was playing too deep in the wrong formation and B) he was playing with ****e.

Forgot Chesney was there.

McGowan just didn't look anywhere near ready for the first team.

And I want to forget Chesney was ever here.

ronnie_fife

Stewart is a tosser.

Zaliukas' distribution is absolutely shocking, to think he first started off as a midfielder is beyond belief.

Stewart has always been a tosser, the Hindenburg could turn quicker than him.

Ksanavicius is one of the worst players (technically speaking) I've seen in a Hearts jersey. He can't pass, cross or shoot. He rarely gets lucky with his 'dribbling' skills, f off and never come back. Why we signed a 31 year old 5'4 winger who can't cross is beyond me. Did anyone see him casually chase the ball from the corner flag? He totally hesitated and could've collected the ball if he put a bit effort in. I hate him with a burning passion.

Wallace is the next Calum Elliot, confidence looks absolutely shattered. Under the right guidance he may come good but I don't think he can handle the pressure at the beginning of this season.

Csaba has a massive job on his hands, good luck. You'll need it.

Just back from the match :

Positives - Jamie Mole and Steven Husband.

Both did well when they came on.

Negatives -

Zaliukas, Wallace, Chesney, Stewart and Ksanavicius were horrific.

How Chesney in lasted the whole match is beyond me.

The above 5 should be at the front of the queue for the exit door.

Totally agree.

These players sum up what's wrong with the playing side just now - lack of desire, concentration and ability. Three of these players are only on loan and could be easily emptied. If Zaliukas and Ksanavicius stay and get games this season, I'd be very worried.

Ruben was a bit of a passenger too and adds very little to the team.

Felt really sorry for Glen having to play upfront on his own and I was glad that he got taken off because I didn't want his confidence wrecked further.

Ksanavicius is one of the worst players (technically speaking) I've seen in a Hearts jersey. He can't pass, cross or shoot. He rarely gets lucky with his 'dribbling' skills, f off and never come back. Why we signed a 31 year old 5'4 winger who can't cross is beyond me. Did anyone see him casually chase the ball from the corner flag? He totally hesitated and could've collected the ball if he put a bit effort in. I hate him with a burning passion.

I said at the end of last season that for all the players we've brought from Kaunas, he is by far the worse. He is a journeyman and has constantly been given chance after chance. There is no point in him being here and what makes it worse is the complete lack of effort.

When you compare him to Rudi in every aspect of the game, that's the reason why we've fallen down the league. A couple of years ago, we had potentially the best left winger we've had. Fast forward to now, we have one of the worst. I never thought anyone could beat Leigh Jenkinson but he does.

Totally agree, I actually turned round to my brother during the game and said he looked like a guy that had won a raffle to play some part in a game for Hearts, I've seen pub league players with better ability but the scary thing is he caused panic in the French defence when he played against them last season which shows the guy just isn't trying

chester copperpot
Totally agree, I actually turned round to my brother during the game and said he looked like a guy that had won a raffle to play some part in a game for Hearts, I've seen pub league players with better ability but the scary thing is he caused panic in the French defence when he played against them last season which shows the guy just isn't trying

I've been saying this about Audrey since he joined. A luxury player as I like to call him. Dont want him at my club. No way.

Only a Game

Was at the game also.

Positives

Cesnauskas in patches

McGowan looked decent

Jamie Mole was better than decent

Templeton looks clever and quite quick.

Neutrals (free from criticism but also free from a decent contribution)

Berra

Banks

Husband

Glen

Negatives

Ksanevicious

Zaluikas

Stewart

Wallace

Karapidis

Palazuelos

All the above put in quite dreadful performances. Thats half the team and its quite worrying, even at this early stage.

Overall:

Okay it was a pre-season friendly and team wise we did A. Look fairly fit for the stage we are at and B. Try to play a passing game. BUT: To play a passing game you have to have players who can pass, and we dont have enough of them. We've got some decent youngsters but their confidence wont last if we're going to over-rely on them. Our distribution from the back was shocking and neither of our full backs looked comfortable in defence, or look capable of producing anything further forward.

if we're going to pay this passing game we're going to need the back four to be able to distribute the ball, and no one in that back four can do it.

Yes, we looked very short of match practice and sharpness and it was a low key pre-season friendly. Maybe some of the things will be ironed out through coaching and bit more sharpness and fitness but there are worrying things there that need to be fixed right away.

By the way if anyone fancies a punt in the lower leagues you could do worse than having a few quid on Dunfermline for the league. They've made some very shrewd signings (Harper and Bain especially) and theyve got a great young right back who was outstanding all night.

Was at the game also.

Positives

Cesnauskas in patches

McGowan looked decent

Berra

Banks

Husband

Glen

Negatives

Ksanevicious

Zaluikas

Stewart

Wallace

Karapidis

Palazuelos

All the above put in quite dreadful performances. Thats half the team and its quite worrying, even at this early stage.

Overall:

Okay it was a pre-season friendly and team wise we did A. Look fairly fit for the stage we are at and B. Try to play a passing game. BUT: To play a passing game you have to have players who can pass, and we dont have enough of them. We've got some decent youngsters but their confidence wont last if we're going to over-rely on them. Our distribution from the back was shocking and neither of our full backs looked comfortable in defence, or look capable of producing anything further forward.

if we're going to pay this passing game we're going to need the back four to be able to distribute the ball, and no one in that back four can do it.

Yes, we looked very short of match practice and sharpness and it was a low key pre-season friendly. Maybe some of the things will be ironed out through coaching and bit more sharpness and fitness but there are worrying things there that need to be fixed right away.

By the way if anyone fancies a punt in the lower leagues you could do worse than having a few quid on Dunfermline for the league. They've made some very shrewd signings (Harper and Bain especially) and theyve got a great young right back who was outstanding all night.

Spot on regarding the defence. Never had to play the passing game much in the past, so its pretty foreign to them. Said for a while that our defence play the lazy ball. We have players scared of making mistakes so they play safety first. They may look effective but the forwards spend the game chasing the ball. I think it'll take time to change the culture of our team, as it needs to be coached into them, and we need signings who can help this along.

Not sure our support is patient enough to give it time though. I can almost hear the groans and boos now, if someone tries to be confident in possession and loses it at Tynecastle. It takes a braver man to do that, than to play safety first, but i'm also a realist and think it also takes a coach to know the limitations of the players he works with.

Should be interesting in the weeks ahead. Hope Laszlo can work the miracle :)

Was at the game also.

Positives

Cesnauskas in patches

McGowan looked decent

Berra

Banks

Husband

Glen

Negatives

Ksanevicious

Zaluikas

Stewart

Wallace

Karapidis

Palazuelos

Overall:

Agree with most of your post mate, apart from the tipping Dunfermline for the league part, IMO if Hearts had had 1 or 2 decent strikers on the pitch tonight, we would have won the match, considering the amount of chances/near misses we had in the 2nd half.

Only a Game
Agree with most of your post mate, apart from the tipping Dunfermline for the league part, IMO if Hearts had had 1 or 2 decent strikers on the pitch tonight, we would have won the match, considering the amount of chances/near misses we had in the 2nd half.

True, but they'll be playing teams all season with the same problems we currently have.

So already this pre season teams representing Heart of Midlothian Football Club have failed to beat Hamilton, St Johnstone, D.Utd, Glentoran, Dunfermline and OBAN ATHLETIC !! Add to this Falkirk, Kilmarnock and Gretna at the end of last season and this has got to be the worst set of players in over 25 years.

Csaba has got a hell of a job in front of him as the football side of the club is weak at every level. He will need massive support from Romanov and of course that is far from certain. We could easily find ourselves in big trouble if changes are not forthcoming very quickly.

So already this pre season teams representing Heart of Midlothian Football Club have failed to beat Hamilton, St Johnstone, D.Utd, Glentoran, Dunfermline and OBAN ATHLETIC !! Add to this Falkirk, Kilmarnock and Gretna at the end of last season and this has got to be the worst set of players in over 25 years.

Csaba has got a hell of a job in front of him as the football side of the club is weak at every level. He will need massive support from Romanov and of course that is far from certain. We could easily find ourselves in big trouble if changes are not forthcoming very quickly.

I was chatting to some senior HMFC people in Belfast - Csaba already knows what needs to be done. Let's hope VR backs him in his quest.

Drylaw Hearts
I was chatting to some senior HMFC people in Belfast - Csaba already knows what needs to be done. Let's hope VR backs him in his quest.

If he doesn't then employing him was a complete waste of time.

Csaba has an even bigger job to do than Burley had when he arrived.

If he doesn't then employing him was a complete waste of time.

Csaba has an even bigger job to do than Burley had when he arrived.

Agreed. When I said "senior HMFC people", I wasn't referring to you! ;)

You couldn't afford my hotel! :)

Archived