Dunfermline vs Heart of Midlothian match thread

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth
You might be right.....but that is never going to happen. If we get four players of decent quality in the positions I stated above...we'll be up there.

I think we need a damn site more than 4 players, if it makes it easier the players I would keep would be Driver, Glen, Bruno, Berra, and Johnson, the rest I would ship out with the possibility of keeping 3 or 4 for back up.

I reckon 7 players are needed to get us up there, and that's not expecting to challenge the old firm, that's just to clinch 3rd.

portobellojambo1
Well said Kenny, cant believe the fans are booing the team, FFS I thought there would be some diehards there to put them right.

Actually most there tonight should surely be diehards. I dont see the point in booing, if you're pee'd off, lets get slagging the opposite team.

I am surprised to see there are a number of players who played Monday night playing tonight as well. I thought he had deliberately split the squad so that he could have a look at everyone. After all that is what these games are for, to run the rule over your own players, decide who is staying and who you need to replace.

chester copperpot
Was in two minds whether to go tonight (I just returned from holiday a few hours ago, otherwise I would've been there) kind of glad I ain't there as i just would have left in a foul mood.

The supporters booing tonight are no better than the Rangers fans who were booing on their first pre season game in Germany.

Absolutely pathetic.

:mad:

Aye but at least they've got some kind of excuse (The Rangers fans with Miller that is). Unless they (us) were booing Stewart due to his Hobo's connections (which I doubt it after him being here for a year).

After the reports of the singing in Belfast and the booing tonight, pretty poor from the Hearts fans so far.

This reminds me of the Saturday afternoons brfore BBC covered all the games on radio. Pacing up and down watching teletext !!

Gigolo-Aunt
I am surprised to see there are a number of players who played Monday night playing tonight as well. I thought he had deliberately split the squad so that he could have a look at everyone. After all that is what these games are for, to run the rule over your own players, decide who is staying and who you need to replace.

Maybe training was enough for him for some players, Iain.

Tonight is not a bad thing. I know, you all know and you might suspect the new man will now know, that there has to be a bit of wheeling and dealing to be done.

Dirk Diggler
Aye but at least they've got some kind of excuse. Unless they were booing Stewart due to his Hobo's connections (which I doubt it after him being here for a year).

After the reports of the singing in Belfast and the booing tonight, pretty poor from the Hearts fans so far.

The fans can sing what they want Andy as far as i'm concerned.

Booing the team after a whistle is blown is something I've never done, and never will agree with.

Hearts of Vladland

So far from the Dunfermline website

Half Time: Dunfermline 1 Hearts 0

Jim McIntyre's side made a confident start to the second half and the visitors were pegged back in their own half until in 51st minute when a Christos Karapidis cross was easily booted clear by Scott Wilson. A Cesnauskis cross from the right was headed behind to safety by Woods but the corner was very ineffective and the ball was immediately forced back into the Hearts half.

When Hearts did get forward again a throw in from the left was cleared by Wilson off Glen but that merely set up Stewart on the 18 yard line but his 'shot' was weak and well wide right. Dunfermline responded with a Harper run that left Phinn with a pop at goal from the right edge but the keeper was not to be tested as it cleared the bar.

At the other end Gallacher pulled off the save of the night to deny an opportunist Cesnauskis chip from 25 yards. The ball looked destined to drop in at the far post until the Pars keeper leapt up to his right to turn the ball around his right hand post.

As the match entered the final quarter the home support again showed their appreciation as their team tried to switch play forward. Unfortunately that was short lived but they defended another Hearts corner after Stewart's cross from the right corner flag was headed into safety by Wilson.

Why 's any one stressed, pacing around even, over a pre season friendly, where players should be trying new things most probably against a side who are doing the same as they've always done.

Booing the team at half time in a pre-season friendly. Hilarious how some fans think that will in some way help. I agree with an earlier poster. Play these games behind closed doors. The team 'should' look in better shape when we see them v Hull. Nobody is denying we need signing. Lazslo has said as much. But hey, what is he to do tonight? He's just in, has had about 2 training sessions with the team, and is just getting to know them. Hopefully he'll suss them out quick enough and bring in a few players to improve things. The basis is there for a good team, it probably just needs a few players. People have to remember a) its our 2nd game in a few days B) we're missing Kingston, Nade, Neilson, Miko, Driver, Jonsson, Elliot, Aguiar - actually where is Bruno???? :)

Personally I think we could do with

- 2 new strikers (unless Nade is given liposuction)

- a creative attacking midfielder

- left sided midfielder

- right and left back

I know its difficult as everyone has been hacked off with the pre-season manager hunt, but it appears we might have a good manager now, so give him time to assess, and overhaul the playing staff. Rush signings would be a return to the previous situation.

Hearts of Vladland
HEARTS: Steven Banks; Christos Karapidis, Christophe Berra ©, Marius Zaliukas, Lee Wallace; Ryan McGowan (Jamie Mole HT), Ruben Palazuelos, Michael Stewart, Gary Glen (Steven Husband 63), Deivivas Cesnauskis, Andrius Ksanavicius

SUBS: Jamie McDonald, David Templeton, Jonathan Brown,

Where does Husband play.

Chad Sexington

Tonight is not a bad thing. I know, you all know and you might suspect the new man will now know, that there has to be a bit of wheeling and dealing to be done.

You're right Gig.

If Csaba was in any doubt before as to why we finished 8th last season, he cant be now. :sad:

Hopefully he'll have a list of targets for Vlad when they meet.

Jambothroughandthrough
I think we need a damn site more than 4 players, if it makes it easier the players I would keep would be Driver, Glen, Bruno, Berra, and Johnson, the rest I would ship out with the possibility of keeping 3 or 4 for back up.

I reckon 7 players are needed to get us up there, and that's not expecting to challenge the old firm, that's just to clinch 3rd.

Again...you might be right.....but that is never going to happen. We've got to be realistic about this. I still think we'll be alright as long as we bring in at least four new players of decent quality.

7 players that can walk into the team are required. I spoke to csaba in Belfast and he thinks there is quality in the squad but i told him we didn't have much and we needed to bring players in.

People say you shouldn't boo at a friendly game which is just about fair enough, but i can assure you that the performance in Belfast was more of the same from last season with no positives. By the sounds of things it's much more of the same tonight and it's bloody frustrating to watch, so you can understand why people are frustrated.

portobellojambo1

I would think he knew that before he got here G-A, league positions don't lie, we didn't finish up where we did last year by accident.

There are a number of positions we need to fill, or hope those occupying them suddenly realise they are employed as footballers.

Hopefully some good will come out of the games versus Glentoran and Dunfermline (obviously not got a clue what we are playing like tonight, but we definitely need a goalscorer, or another penalty box player who can bring out the best in Glen. We do not have the player strengths in the right positions to operate any formation which ends in 1 up front).

Four players and we'll be up there challenging for honours

Box to box midfielder (Hartly/Cameron type)

Striker to play anongside Nade (I think he will come good with a kick up the ass).

Back up striker.

Defender to play along-side Berra.

We have the basis of a good squad. It needs a few additions of quality and we'll have nothing to worry about....as long as Vlad lets the boss get on with the job.

You must be joking !..................just four players !!,.............and you reckon we will be in with a shout for some silverware ???.

That squad needs major surgery to finish in the top six, never mind challenging for honours.

Was in two minds whether to go tonight (I just returned from holiday a few hours ago, otherwise I would've been there) kind of glad I ain't there as i just would have left in a foul mood.

The supporters booing tonight are no better than the Rangers fans who were booing on their first pre season game in Germany.

Absolutely pathetic.

:mad:

you have no right to slag hearts fans who have gone to the match tonight. they are only reacting to the shambles that is HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC.

time for our new manager to be given the resources and his own backroom staff so we can judge the man on his own merits instead of him being hampered with romanov's clueless muppets.

Again...you might be right.....but that is never going to happen. We've got to be realistic about this. I still think we'll be alright as long as we bring in at least four new players of decent quality.

Yep it will take time to repair the confidence and get the winning habit back. Lets just try to move forward and accept that for a few seasons we may just have to accept the odd bad result.

7 players that can walk into the team are required. I spoke to csaba in Belfast and he thinks there is quality in the squad but i told him we didn't have much and we needed to bring players in.

People say you shouldn't boo at a friendly game which is just about fair enough, but i can assure you that the performance in Belfast was more of the same from last season with no positives. By the sounds of things it's much more of the same tonight and it's bloody frustrating to watch, so you can understand why people are frustrated.

What did you expect, no new signings, two training sessions from Shabba and no footbal all summer for the players.... what did you expect? ffs.

I'm confused as to what you expected. Its the same squad as we had last season, plus they've had a shambolic pre-season, under no manager until very lately. I'm sure Lazslo can see its not good enough without booing the team and some players who will be staying on. They need confidence and support, not barracking. Just a personal opinion. As I said before its a pre-season game - very early stages. No need for panic. Personally I couldn't care about the result tonight. Obviously want a win, but not losing sleep over a defeat. As some have said it'll merely highlight the deficiances if not noticed already.

you have no right to slag hearts fans who have gone to the match tonight. they are only reacting to the shambles that is HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC.

time for our new manager to be given the resources and his own backroom staff so we can judge the man on his own merits instead of him being hampered with romanov's clueless muppets.

;)

Dirk Diggler
you have no right to slag hearts fans who have gone to the match tonight

Yes I do.

Deal with that or shut the feck up.

Ibrahim Tall

'We shouldn't be judging him at the moment', like boo-ing the team off the park in a meaningless pre-season friendly for instance?

Chad Sexington

Question 1. Are you going to change your sig?

Question 2. Have you ever written a post on here that didn't contain the words "muppets", "spineless" or "puppets"?

Hearts of Vladland
Strong midfielder (for his age), centre.

Was wondering it says on our website that he is a defender that didn't make sence if he went on for Glen but saying that the website said that Fernando Screpis is a Striker :confused:

Father Tiresias
You must be joking !..................just four players !!,.............and you reckon we will be in with a shout for some silverware ???.

That squad needs major surgery to finish in the top six, never mind challenging for honours.

I have to agree. The team needs major surgery from 1 to 11 (in old money!)

I was disappointed to hear Szaba talk at the week-end about getting on with the squad he's inherited. Made me think that there will be minimal investment in the team.

I'm also hugely disappointed with this 'one up' formation!!!

Put it this way, I'd rather we lost tonight if it highlights those who are not up to scratch. I think you'll find that Laszlo will be on the phone to AK and Romanov tomorrow to get them working on new signings.

We're experimenting with a new system. It takes time. Thats the whole point of pre-season. As long as its better for the start of the season I couldn't give a jot :)

............not that I'm hanging on your every word JT+T, but "being alright" with 4 new players is a long way from challenging for silverware.

"being alright" is about as much as we have achieved in most of the last 45 years, apart from a couple of exceptional, and an equally couple of disasterous seasons.

"being alright" however, is probably as much as we can look forward to these days.

Should we really be happy to settle for that ?

About four and a half thousand former season ticket holders don't apparently think so.

Lets hope the new boss shares their view.

Question 1. Are you going to change your sig?

Question 2. Have you ever written a post on here that didn't contain the words "muppets", "spineless" or "puppets"?

Thank god someone else has noticed...

You forgot "bootlickers"

;)

Gigolo-Aunt
I would think he knew that before he got here G-A, league positions don't lie, we didn't finish up where we did last year by accident.

There are a number of positions we need to fill, or hope those occupying them suddenly realise they are employed as footballers.

Hopefully some good will come out of the games versus Glentoran and Dunfermline (obviously not got a clue what we are playing like tonight, but we definitely need a goalscorer, or another penalty box player who can bring out the best in Glen. We do not have the player strengths in the right positions to operate any formation which ends in 1 up front).

Dont disagree with any of that.

There will be players who CAN improve under a new direction though. One or two may come as a surprise to us.

All said and done, its time to spin the wheel of transfers.

Hearts of Vladland

Cesny seems to be have a few chances

At the other end Gallacher pulled off the save of the night to deny an opportunist Cesnauskis chip from 25 yards. The ball looked destined to drop in at the far post until the Pars keeper leapt up to his right to turn the ball around his right hand post.

McCann had a great saving tackle as Cesnauskis threatened to walk the ball in and Gallacher was provoked into demonstrating his disapproval of the Jambos unsporting reaction.

Hearts of Vladland

Anyone listen to the updates

He said "We give you the very best commentry" or something like that :mad::mad:

............not that I'm hanging on your every word JT+T, but "being alright" with 4 new players is a long way from challenging for silverware.

"being alright" is about as much as we have achieved in most of the last 45 years, apart from a couple of exceptional, and an equally couple of disasterous seasons.

"being alright" however, is probably as much as we can look forward to these days.

Should we really be happy to settle for that ?

About four and a half thousand former season ticket holders don't apparently think so.

Lets hope the new boss shares their view.

No wonder how fans of other non-Old Firm sides hate us with comments like that. We have NO divine right to anything. We're millions in debt, and yet because we have 10,000 season ticket holders you think we should recklessly throw money at the problem and make tons of signings. The squad is ALREADY too large. We need to change tons - get the wage bill down to more reasonable levels, get rid of some wasters, get in players who are hungry and will develop, and develop our own youngsters.

I honestly think that we should be aiming for 3rd this season. Personally I think we need 4-6 players, but if we only get funds for 3 players Lazslo will have to choose wisely. Strikers have to be the priority. He'll also have to coach those he has into a more organised system, and maybe a system that suits the players better.

Cardiac Rucksack
Laszlo oot then aye?

Pitch fork at the ready!!!!!!!!!!:)

I'm confused as to what you expected. Its the same squad as we had last season, plus they've had a shambolic pre-season, under no manager until very lately. I'm sure Lazslo can see its not good enough without booing the team and some players who will be staying on. They need confidence and support, not barracking. Just a personal opinion. As I said before its a pre-season game - very early stages. No need for panic. Personally I couldn't care about the result tonight. Obviously want a win, but not losing sleep over a defeat. As some have said it'll merely highlight the deficiances if not noticed already.

I didn't expect anything else to be honest, i am only pointing out that if we are to have a good season we need more quality in.

Pants Shaton

This 'letting the manager pick the team' thing isn't working. Two games - two defeats.

BRING BACK THE FAX. LAZLO MUST GO.

chester copperpot
Bootlicking spineless muppet. :mad::mad:;)

Well done, you got it in. I'm off to Riccarton for a protest tomorrow, anyone fancy joining? :rolleyes:

Hearts of Vladland
Dougie McDonald keeps up his proud record.

Hobo tosser.

Have Hearts acutally won with him incharge?

Edit: Exept the Gretna Final

Archived