Any Recommendations for a Buffet Restaurant in Edinburgh

CostaJambo

Can anyone recommend a decent buffet style restaurant in Edinburgh? Any style of food will do, but should be kiddie-friendly.

Guest Pressleyno1
Can anyone recommend a decent buffet style restaurant in Edinburgh? Any style of food will do, but should be kiddie-friendly.

Words cannot describe how good Karen Wong's chinese resturant is. It is opposite the police station at st lenords. Not exactly a buffet, but 6 courses for ?20 is what I call great value, we couldn not move after it. Very kiddie friendly. Just wait until you meet Miss Karen Wong, she is hillarious, a very very very funny woman, she is nuts.

http://www.list.co.uk/place/102761-karen-wongs-chinese-restaurant/

http://www.karenwongchineserestaurant.co.uk/home.htm

Having read "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain I would never recommend a buffet.

Guest Pressleyno1
Agree with Jimmy chungs.

http://www.jimmychungs.com/

Oh please don't goto this place, it's actually pure rubbish. I prefer buffet king to Jimmy Chungs, and thats saying something. If you're after chinese Karen Wong will fill you right up with QUALITY food.

If it's indian cuisine yer after try Red Fort on Drummond Street, looks pap from outside, inside its amazing. You can have a 4 course meal for ?11. Very very good, and again you won;t be able to move after it. IF, you finish it, which i doubt.

Don't go to that Spaghetti all you can eat place at the top of Leith St. It's horrific.

chester copperpot

I tend to find most mass produced food buffets are best avoided.

The only one I've actually enjoyed was a Chinese Buffet out at Uphall, the something Palace but the name escapes me.

I dont see the point in going out for food and going to an all you can eat middle of the road restaurant.

Would much prefer to pay a bit extra and enjoy my food. I know that's not always the best option for kids though, as the OP pointed out that he had.

Nucky Thompson
Don't go to that Spaghetti all you can eat place at the top of Leith St. It's horrific.
It's closed down now mate.

Nucky Thompson
Ratho Park - Carvery ?3.50 all day (except Sunday)
I was there last Thursday:) Now that was quality. I couldn't believe how cheap it was.

jambos are go!

Not me. Avoid them at all costs.

Not surprised - went there last year for some scoff during a stag do. Even the Pizzas were guff and that is hard to do. Ended up nearly chucking up what I did eat there - truly awful place.

If you are talking about lunchtimes (probably only through the week), Pizza Hut is great.

You can keep going up for as many slices of pizza or pasta as you want and I think you can get refills on the soft drinks.

Chop Chop chinese on Morrison St is superb, not exactly a buffet but it works on a points system! I was in a group of 5 and we thought we had ordered loads but the waiter said we had only ordered 12 points worth and it was 3 points per person! The menu is mostly chinese dumplings either boiled or fried, noodles and side dishes (Aubergine in Garlic is amazing). Once you have ordered they just bring you whatever is ready first so the steady stream of dishes arriving at your table gives it the feeling of a buffet! By the end of our meal there was a plate with 5 dumplings sitting in the middle of the table and not one of us could eat another mouthful! The meal came to about ?15 a head!! They also do a lunch deal of a noodle dish, dumplings and 2 sides for ?5.50! Decor really is cheap and nasty but the place is always busy because of the great food(They recently started supplying Sainsburys with a range of dumplings) The fact that every time I have been there has been at least 2 tables of chinese people sitting, says it all really !

Really? The sign outside said it was getting a refurb.

The Old Tolbooth
Ratho Park - Carvery ?3.50 all day (except Sunday)

The best value for money anywhere I can remember, we go there regular and love it! It also has a play area for kids outside.

The Harp Hotel do a nice Carvery as well and you can go up and have veg and gravy till its coming out your eyes lol and on a sunday its only ?8 a head and ?5 i think for the kids one (might even be less)

Do The Dance

Red Fort just off the bridges do a decent Indian buffet. Would recommend.

Agree with Jimmy chungs.

http://www.jimmychungs.com/

another vote for jimmy chungs, always left satisfied with the food there.

the reason you are always full after jimmy chungs is the amount of MSG they use, as it causes blotting this making you feel fuller.

Archived