Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Naisy appointment tomorrow or maybe even tonight.

Planned interviews cancelled then ? 😂

38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Thanks very much.

You obviously know your stuff!:vrface:

😂 you’re about the fifth jambo named reply he’s had. What did he expect 😂😂😂. Gave me a laugh when he put that post up earlier, knowing what was coming. 

Bongo 1874

I hope Naismith gets it he's showed he's willing to play attacking football, I would like to see the team press more aggressively,but have no doubts he will work on that in pre season.

Exciting times too be a Hearts fan.

BangkokHearts
14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I hope Naismith gets it he's showed he's willing to play attacking football, I would like to see the team press more aggressively,but have no doubts he will work on that in pre season.

I agree.

We’ll do better in this league if we play as we did against the sheep under Naisy. 

If he is to take us forward, sorting out the away form is a priority. 

Bongo 1874
Just now, BangkokHearts said:

I agree.

We’ll do better in this league if we play as we did against the sheep under Naisy. 

He deserves time like the last manager got.

LochcarronJambo
16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes I want to him to get it, yet I know it’s a risk - the set up & tactics are much more positive than what we ended up with Robbie….will it be enough, I hope so….but we do need a few to be added to the squad & they must be an improvement in quality to the likes of Grant, Kio etc

19 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

I agree.

Bizarrely for all the chat about Naismith's attacking philosophy, sorting out our defending will fix our away form, conceding one less goal in each away game since our last clean sheet (home to St Johnstone on the 4th of march) would have seen us pick up an additional 6 points and had us in 3rd place.

132goals1958

Cant help but think if he wasn't getting it the board would not have held him back from his Scotland duties 

Jambo in Bathgate
7 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Cant help but think if he wasn't getting it the board would not have held him back from his Scotland duties 

I agree. This has the potential to be a very good appointment. His style of play is what we have all wanted. I’m sure he’ll give it a go away from home. These are the games that decide who finishes above the rest and winning them is essential not avoiding defeat. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, counting sheep said:

Says a guy that wants Naismith 🤣

I think you would struggle to find a post where i have said that, but bash on. 

3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Sorry but in this 7 games they played 5 bottom 6 teams, us when we were on a seriously downward spiral and Rangers who should have been comfortably ahead of them before the cross that fooled everyone and went in.

Post split, Robson got 4 points and Naismith 5. Maybe a fairer reflection 

I'm not disagreeing  - there are so many variables however we choose to  look at it. 

If SN does get the gig then he gets my full backing - it would however question the calibre of the applicants if there are none more suitable.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, BangkokHearts said:

I agree.

Our away form has been pathetic under several managers. Very strange but if naisy can improve it a little while keeping our home form tip top we will close the gap on 2nd.

8 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

This threads a ****in car crash. 

Good for a bit rubber necking though 🤣

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Absolutely any manager we appoint will come out and say they favour fast attacking dynamic football in all initial interviews and we will all throb over the appointment absolutely guaranteed.  The proof will come in October/November time when everything settles down and new managers get figured out I suppose.  Perhaps even in the same way it’s maybe easier for a caretaker manager to come in change tactics and look good initially because the other managers they play against haven’t had time to counter the new tactic.  

Indeed. Robbie said much the same for much of last season, and I think he genuinely did want to implement that kind of play. But when his 3-4-3 diamond passing system got sussed out, he didn't have a response.

Wanting to do it and being able to keep doing it when opposing teams suss out your tactics are two very different things. One of the things that worries me about Naismith is that both Rangers and Hibs seemed to figure out how to get around his inverted fullback scheme and got us on our heels.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Did the press conference no happen then?

shock. Reads story saying naisy not with Scotland.

guesses that there will be a press conference 😂

ScandinavianJambo
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Indeed. Robbie said much the same for much of last season, and I think he genuinely did want to implement that kind of play. But when his 3-4-3 diamond passing system got sussed out, he didn't have a response.

Wanting to do it and being able to keep doing it when opposing teams suss out your tactics are two very different things. One of the things that worries me about Naismith is that both Rangers and Hibs seemed to figure out how to get around his inverted fullback scheme and got us on our heels.

Without a strong enough midfield and a week backline any forward playing coach will be found out. We where able to do it under Nielson when we had all the injured players playing. The replacements have not been string enough. Our forwards and goalies have carried us this season, but it creates a disjoint. I hope Naisy gets a chance if it is between him and MC...it is a gamble but feels like less of one...

I am soooo wanting to know though!

In amidst all the crap on these threads here’s more 

No announcements, in fact radio silence from Hearts

Naismith doesn’t travel to Spain with Scotland 

Twitter suggests we are closing in on signing Arfield 

Maybe Naismith has  the job if we can get a dispensation from SFA re his lack of coaching qualifications and that’s the hold-up. Would support him not going with Scotland and we surely wouldn’t be trying to sign anyone without a manager is post . 

Who knows, as I said maybe just more crap. 

3 hours ago, logopolis said:

I'm not disagreeing  - there are so many variables however we choose to  look at it. 

If SN does get the gig then he gets my full backing - it would however question the calibre of the applicants if there are none more suitable.

The calibre of the candidates might not be the problem. 

The calibre of our budget more likely. 

merseyjambo
8 hours ago, luckydug said:

You can’t say that as apparently we are going to pay the new manager more than our highest earning players.

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, luckydug said:

If Naismith gets it you will have people saying he's just the cheap option.

In reality he might be the best option within our budget

PapaShango
15 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Yes I want to him to get it, yet I know it’s a risk - the set up & tactics are much more positive than what we ended up with Robbie….will it be enough, I hope so….but we do need a few to be added to the squad & they must be an improvement in quality to the likes of Grant, Kio etc

I’m here as well, often thought Robbie over thought his tactics far too much to the detriment of how we played. In this league don’t think you need to be going too tactical and fancy, play on the front foot and win second balls and against the majority you should have enough quality to win the game. The OF games being the exception but far too often we sat in against them and got battered anyway. If we are going to lose would much rather it was because we have taken the game to them a bit. Naismith seems to want to do that so I’m all in for him. I like his passion and they way he wants to win all the time. 

PapaShango
9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

In amidst all the crap on these threads here’s more 

No announcements, in fact radio silence from Hearts

Naismith doesn’t travel to Spain with Scotland 

Twitter suggests we are closing in on signing Arfield 

Maybe Naismith has  the job if we can get a dispensation from SFA re his lack of coaching qualifications and that’s the hold-up. Would support him not going with Scotland and we surely wouldn’t be trying to sign anyone without a manager is post . 

Who knows, as I said maybe just more crap. 

I think the fact he has pulled out of going with Scotland is a telling factor in this. If that’s the case there is obviously something rumbling in the background.

23 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Really quite embarrassing pre season starts in a week and still no manager in place, all this time to find the right person, but no all this time just to appoint a rookie coach already on the staff, absolute joke

1 minute ago, TrueJambo said:

Really quite embarrassing pre season starts in a week and still no manager in place, all this time to find the right person, but no all this time just to appoint a rookie coach already on the staff, absolute joke

Preseason doesn’t start in a week, untangle the wet pants. 

davemclaren
11 hours ago, luckydug said:

Nail - Head. 

Funny enough, The Sun does seem to be on point for football up here. They have hedged their bets a wee bit with that article though and stopped short of saying it's going to be Naismith.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10787501/hearts-manager-update-brink-steven-naismith-appointment/ Looks like a Naisy after another boardroom meeting. Must be some biscuits they serve up

I just hope that at the end of this, we get a clear picture of what has gone on since Robbie was sacked.

If we genuinely cast the net wide, interviewed broadly and went for Naismith then okay, fair enough.

If we ended up with Naismith because it suddenly struck everyone as convenient and we didn’t really have much of a clue what else to do, that would be pretty concerning.

I think it’s a weak appointment personally. But let’s see.

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC
Just now, GinRummy said:

Funny enough, The Sun does seem to be on point for football up here. They have hedged their bets a wee bit with that article though and stopped short of saying it's going to be Naismith.

Always been pretty near spot on when it comes to Hearts, which makes it even more annoying when people do the usual "who'd believe that lot" whenever they come out with something 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I just hope that at the end of this, we get a clear picture of what has gone on since Robbie was sacked.

If we genuinely cast the net wide, interviewed broadly and went for Naismith then okay, fair enough.

If we ended up with Naismith because it suddenly struck everyone as convenient and we didn’t really have much of a clue what else to do, that would be pretty concerning.

I think it’s a weak appointment personally. But let’s see.

Depends what you mean about casting it wide. We've interviewed Cifuentes and seems like we spoke to WIlder. That's pretty wide surely.

PapaShango

Looks like its Naismith, I hope everyone gets right behind him, even those with some reservations on his appointment. Big summer ahead for Hearts and we need to get the recruitment spot on if we are to hit the ground running in August. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Depends what you mean about casting it wide. We've interviewed Cifuentes and seems like we spoke to WIlder. That's pretty wide surely.

I’m not being funny but that’s two people

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m not being funny but that’s two people

Aye I get that but surely there were others looked at. Maybe not but I find it hard to think that the only 2 we considered, outwith Naismith, were the two we know about. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, GinRummy said:

Aye I get that but surely there were others looked at. Maybe not but I find it hard to think that the only 2 we considered, outwith Naismith, were the two we know about. 

This is what I’m saying. We need some clarity.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is what I’m saying. We need some clarity.

You know we'll never get it though. They'll say 'extensive search' , 'lots of quality applicants considered' and such like. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You know we'll never get it though. They'll say 'extensive search' , 'lots of quality applicants considered' and such like. 

Maybe the media could ask some questions, rather than just cutting and pasting 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-are-set-to-appoint-their-new-manager-after-boardroom-talks-4172803

Hearts are set to appoint their new manager after boardroom talks

Tynecastle officials are ready to make their move.

By Barry Anderson

Published 7th Jun 2023, 22:30 BS

Hearts are set to appoint their new manager after talks at board level late last night. The Edinburgh club have weighed up options over the last 10 days and are now close to making a final decision.

Steven Naismith remains the clear favourite for the job despite talks with the Hammarby coach Marti Cifuentes last week. Naismith is keen to take on the position permanently after overseeing the final seven games of the season as interim manager.

More to follow….

:24_shocked:

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-are-set-to-appoint-their-new-manager-after-boardroom-talks-4172803

Hearts are set to appoint their new manager after boardroom talks

Tynecastle officials are ready to make their move.

By Barry Anderson

Published 7th Jun 2023, 22:30 BS

Hearts are set to appoint their new manager after talks at board level late last night. The Edinburgh club have weighed up options over the last 10 days and are now close to making a final decision.

Steven Naismith remains the clear favourite for the job despite talks with the Hammarby coach Marti Cifuentes last week. Naismith is keen to take on the position permanently after overseeing the final seven games of the season as interim manager.

More to follow….

:24_shocked:

Great - will put all this speculation to bed then.  Will be shocked if it's not Naismith and seems to be a bit of a heads up in the article about that.     Not sure how I feel about that,  but certainly say plenty positives from him over the past few weeks.  Always a risk but liked the style of play and his more positive approach.  

LochcarronJambo
3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I’m here as well, often thought Robbie over thought his tactics far too much to the detriment of how we played. In this league don’t think you need to be going too tactical and fancy, play on the front foot and win second balls and against the majority you should have enough quality to win the game. The OF games being the exception but far too often we sat in against them and got battered anyway. If we are going to lose would much rather it was because we have taken the game to them a bit. Naismith seems to want to do that so I’m all in for him. I like his passion and they way he wants to win all the time. 

👍

On 02/06/2023 at 12:23, kingantti1874 said:

not really pointless. 2 names at least public so valid to get a gauge on how the fans feel.  If you don’t think it should be either of them then share a view. Realistic or not

Should appoint the best name in football - Wolfgang Wolf ex Wolfsburg FC..........purely for the name 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)