Pre season friendlies - Leeds on 30/7 ( updated )

Micky

On 31/05/2023 at 17:02, Hmfc1965 said:

No that was Charlton.

Southampton was a few years later.

I was at both. Living in Swindon only rarely has benefits where Hearts sre concerned but easy to get to both games

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Pasquale for King

Was told from a very reliable source that we shouldn't expect a friendly at tynecastle until after 21st of July due to them doing seeding and other work on the pitch. 21st of July is the date they think it will be done

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
12 hours ago, moonraker said:

Living in Swindon only rarely has benefits.

From my limited experience, this says enough. 😉

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Dick Dastardly
13 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Nah - he'd drown.

We live in hope! Na, i don't want him to drown, he's too much fun as a hobo 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Shame I can't make it as it's been a while since I was last there, and the bridies are brilliant   

1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

From my limited experience, this says enough. 😉

Town centre is a disaster, certainly.

WheatfieldWarrior
22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We seem quite slow in arranging them these last few years. 

Yeah, I thought the same.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, tynietigers said:

I believe we have a home game on the 29th and are trying for one on the 22nd 👍🏻

Probably why we cancelled the event to meet the players, would be good to get these date’s organised for fans and local businesses to make plans. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Yeah, I thought the same.

Definitely noticeable that we’ve not got these organised, we’ve known where we start our league and European campaigns. 

On 21/06/2023 at 23:19, gov said:

Was told from a very reliable source that we shouldn't expect a friendly at tynecastle until after 21st of July due to them doing seeding and other work on the pitch. 21st of July is the date they think it will be done

Would imagine we'll only have one at Tynecastle anyway. Thinking an English Championship side at home again. Norwich or Middlesbrough would be my prediction based purely on nothing.

portobellojambo1
24 minutes ago, Locky said:

Would imagine we'll only have one at Tynecastle anyway. Thinking an English Championship side at home again. Norwich or Middlesbrough would be my prediction based purely on nothing.

I'd heard someone in Merch Heats saying that he believed that Birmingham City were coming to Tynecastle. I have a friend Facebook who when not at Tynecasrle follows Birmingham City and when I contacted him hr confirmed Birmingham City fans had been told they are coming up to Tynecastle pre season.

34 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd heard someone in Merch Heats saying that he believed that Birmingham City were coming to Tynecastle. I have a friend Facebook who when not at Tynecasrle follows Birmingham City and when I contacted him hr confirmed Birmingham City fans had been told they are coming up to Tynecastle pre season.

That would be a good one. Never seen Brum play. Proper fans.

42 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

A pre season friendly at home against a dull middle order English league team hardly gets the pulse racing. I suppose it will serve a purpose in allowing multiple substitutions and providing game time for fringe players as we get ready for competitive matches. Personally, I'd rather we did this sort of stuff away from home.   

3 hours ago, henryheart said:

A pre season friendly at home against a dull middle order English league team hardly gets the pulse racing. I suppose it will serve a purpose in allowing multiple substitutions and providing game time for fringe players as we get ready for competitive matches. Personally, I'd rather we did this sort of stuff away from home.   

I suppose it will also help the staff at Tynecastle get in some practise for the upcoming season.

Checking any new turnstyles, segregation arrangements, ticket scanners, catering equipment, new staff, etc etc.

michaeljambo22
7 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Looks like it will be the 29th will be confirmed in the next 48hours not sure if its Birmingham but sounds like it will be

2 hours ago, michaeljambo22 said:

Looks like it will be the 29th will be confirmed in the next 48hours not sure if its Birmingham but sounds like it will be

And it won’t be the previous week 

• Northampton Town v Blues, Sixfields Stadium, Wednesday 19 July, kick-off 7.45pm
  • Cheltenham Town v Blues, Completely-Suzuki Stadium, Saturday 22 July, kick-off 3pm

John Findlay

If its not Birmingham City, then maybe WBA, Coventry City, or possibly Aston Villa?

On 22/06/2023 at 12:17, R9. said:

Last time I was their was for the league cup match had to sit in the Dunfermline main stand slap bang in the middle cause we sold out our full away allocation and when trying to get tickets in the shop the card machine went down 😂

Yeah we scraped it 1-0 ? Craig levein was in charge 

gorgierulesapply88
3 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

And it won’t be the previous week 

• Northampton Town v Blues, Sixfields Stadium, Wednesday 19 July, kick-off 7.45pm
  • Cheltenham Town v Blues, Completely-Suzuki Stadium, Saturday 22 July, kick-off 3pm

As above it's definately not Birmingham. Agreement was in place but Hearts pulled out. Birmingham now play Peterborough.

I P Knightley

Any idea which club (if any) is using the Oriam for their pre-season camp? I know that Arsenal have done so in the recent past. It would make sense for whoever it is to arrange a wee kickabout with the JTs while they're there.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12882065/premier-league-pre-season-friendlies-fixtures-dates-2023-24

been having a look at this and none of the teams dates really fit in with us so unlikely it’ll be a premier league team at Tynie on the 29th. Unless it’s Burnley or Luton who haven’t announced any games yet. So either probably a higher end championship team or a decent foreign team otherwise the stadium probably wouldn’t be getting fully opened to season ticket holders. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Gutted, feckin gutted its not going to be CD Tenerife away, they've lined up West Ham. For anyone interested CDT have appointed Suso as head coach for their under 16 team

WheatfieldWarrior
On 23/06/2023 at 19:43, michaeljambo22 said:

Definitely a friendly at home on the 29th man utd would be smashing 

Man u are at Murrayfield on the 19th Jul - friendly against lyon

they have a packed tour schedule and are in the US vs Madrid on the 27 jul and Dortmund on the 29th jul.  No chance they'll be coming to Tynecastle for a friendly on the 29th.

It is quite concerning barely any friendlies lined up and no players signed hopefully things start happening soon 🤞

Holyrood_Hearts
5 hours ago, rory78 said:

It is quite concerning barely any friendlies lined up and no players signed hopefully things start happening soon 🤞

No it’s not. Keep calm pal 

gorgierulesapply88
On 24/06/2023 at 10:52, I P Knightley said:

Any idea which club (if any) is using the Oriam for their pre-season camp? I know that Arsenal have done so in the recent past. It would make sense for whoever it is to arrange a wee kickabout with the JTs while they're there.

You often find under 23 sides from England will use it. And will probably play B side/20s.

Man Utd where up last season as where Wolves and A another.

17 hours ago, tynietigers said:

I believe that our friendly on the 29th is now the 30th against Leeds 👍🏻

Just saw this on FB changed because of the rugby at Murrayfield.

tynietigers
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Any confirmation that’s we are playing Leeds on the 30th? 

It will come 👍🏻 

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Yes apparently. 

Ah I see, cheers. Was hoping for a decent away trip down south and Leeds would have been fantastic!

maroonedinlivvy
8 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Delia might be visiting on the 22nd 😂

1 hour ago, Mort said:

Ah I see, cheers. Was hoping for a decent away trip down south and Leeds would have been fantastic!

Fleetwood and Wigan…..Leeds on 30th

Some B team friendlies coming up in the next few weeks if anyone is interested. Whitehill welfare at Ferguson Park on Saturday July 8th 2.30pm KO. Then Broxburn on Tuesday July 18th at their ground 7.15pm KO. 

Naisys Tackle

Hearts will finalise their preparations for the new season with a Tynecastle friendly against Leeds United later this month.

The relegated Premier League side head to Gorgie on Sunday, July 30, six days before the Jambos kick off their campaign for real away to St Johnstone. And it could see Frankie McAvoy and Steven Naismith go head to head with their former boss at Norwich, Daniel Farke, who is in talks with the Elland Road about becoming their new manager.

• davemclaren changed the title to Pre season friendlies - Leeds on 30/7 ( updated )
Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Look forward to this one , they'll bring a decent crowd up with them

I would think they will sell out Roseburn

And seriously annoy all the clubs we give 600 to in the process

jambo-in-furness
5 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Which, by rights, should be every other team in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It's only a friendly. 

Most home fans will not give a **** about this game and Leeds bampot element will see it as a chance to create havoc. 

Maximum 10k home fans. 🤔