Pre season friendlies - Leeds on 30/7 ( updated )

Micky

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Pasquale for King

joondalupjambo
6 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Around 13k  , the programme cover was actually red… wtf !!

IMG_0550.jpeg

Interestingly as the copy I have is maroon and white.   I actually think this red copy was the mystery programme and you were to take it to the club to claim a free holiday in the Maldives, a 10 year season ticket and a thousand pounds.  Did you just keep it safe?  Pity😄😄😄

On 02/06/2023 at 13:53, Albert McFly said:

Dunfermline away July 9th

On 05/06/2023 at 20:07, south morocco said:

Good news! Always a 

Dunfermline ? No thanks, place is full of celtic, the club have a pre season friendly against St Pauli and they're giving them the whole away end... what does that tell you ? 

Never liked Dunfermline since their pathetic love in with celtic after their relegation back in 1988.

Yes my issue is with celtic 👍

pettigrewsstylist
On 10/06/2023 at 09:21, jbee647 said:

Around 13k  , the programme cover was actually red… wtf !!

IMG_0550.jpeg

Yip, still have mine also.

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Would love to go back to Hull. Some night out that was 🍺

I had the worst curry of my life when we played there in the 90s.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I had the worst curry of my life when we played there in the 90s.

Was funny watching the cops go massively overboard when some bloke,at a friendly,the other end of a stadium,in front of about 500 home fans, climbed the fence.

Just short of a full batton charge with mounted coppers. Huge over reaction for what was basically a piss up in the sun. Absolutely no agro yet I think they were practising for Hull's season in the EPL.

Might have been my first glimpse of a young Walker?

the posh bit
3 hours ago, TyphoonJambo said:

Was funny watching the cops go massively overboard when some bloke,at a friendly,the other end of a stadium,in front of about 500 home fans, climbed the fence.

Just short of a full batton charge with mounted coppers. Huge over reaction for what was basically a piss up in the sun. Absolutely no agro yet I think they were practising for Hull's season in the EPL.

Might have been my first glimpse of a young Walker?

I wasn't at Hull but remember hearing the polis were practicing for the coming season. Preston a few years ago was the same although we were fortunate and bumped into a copper who let us sneak passed the police buses heading for the designated pubs and allowed us to pub crawl the way back to the station, was a great trip 

1 hour ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Saw this from York Hearts on FB.

Good reason to have a Yorkshire trip  🤣

May be an image of text that says "1894/5: Hearts' last visit to Sheffield Wed. Won the league. 1954: Last trip to Elland Road. Won League Cup. 1956: Last trip to Sheffield Utd. Won Scottish Cup. 1970s: No games in Yorkshire. No trophies. 1980s: No games in Yorkshire. No trophies. 1997/8: Pre-season in Hull. Won Scottish Cup. 2005/6: Pre-season in Hull. Won Scottish Cup. 2012: Play in Rotherham. Won Scottish Cup. #BringHeartsToYorkshire"

:lol: Now this is just the kind of nonsense I like.

Edited by Pans Jambo

On 11/06/2023 at 07:11, dannymack said:

Dunfermline ? No thanks, place is full of celtic, the club have a pre season friendly against St Pauli and they're giving them the whole away end... what does that tell you ? 

Never liked Dunfermline since their pathetic love in with celtic after their relegation back in 1988.

So what your saying is they are giving Celtic the whole end 😂

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
8 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

May be an image of text that says "1894/5: Hearts' last visit to Sheffield Wed. Won the league. 1954: Last trip to Elland Road. Won League Cup. 1956: Last trip to Sheffield Utd. Won Scottish Cup. 1970s: No games in Yorkshire. No trophies. 1980s: No games in Yorkshire. No trophies. 1997/8: Pre-season in Hull. Won Scottish Cup. 2005/6: Pre-season in Hull. Won Scottish Cup. 2012: Play in Rotherham. Won Scottish Cup. #BringHeartsToYorkshire"

I'm in. But as I live in Sheffield, I suppose I would be.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 11/06/2023 at 12:06, erskinehearts said:

hopefully naismith can use his previous connections and get games against everton and norwich.

Everton away would be fine. Train over the pennines, couple of pints, game, train back.

davemclaren
8 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

We played Rotherham after the 2012 final though. 🥸

WheatfieldWarrior
4 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

Hopefully get a couple of matches over here in Ireland. 

I think you'd need to present a list of coincidental cup wins before we could consider a trip to Ireland.

The bar has been set :)

9 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

So what your saying is they are giving Celtic the whole end 😂

The East Coast Emerald with their East Coast Irish Tri-Colours 😄

I'm told the Cowdenbeath Flying Collum, the Inverkeithing Republican Army (Hibs) and a bus from Edinburgh will be travelling over for the Friday night shenanigans. 🙈 

fabienleclerq
On 11/06/2023 at 07:11, dannymack said:

Dunfermline has more huns in my experience but also a large Hearts support now.

3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Dunfermline has more huns in my experience but also a large Hearts support 

Not for what my mate said.

He stays in Dunfermline (Duloch) and your right there is a lot of Hearts over there but he claims there's celtic everywhere. 

The once renound Pars Pub the East Port Bar is over run with them every other  Saturday. 

dunfermline.jpg

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Not for what my mate said.

He stays in Dunfermline (Duloch) and your right there is a lot of Hearts over there but he claims there's celtic everywhere. 

The once renound Pars Pub the East Port Bar is over run with them every other  Saturday. 

dunfermline.jpg

I've been here 7 years now and there's definitely more huns but tbh loads support dunfermline and even more are man utd or Liverpool. 

3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

I've been here 7 years now and there's definitely more huns but tbh loads support dunfermline and even more are man utd or Liverpool. 

I went to school in Dunfermline and the vast majority there were Pars fans. Quite a few Bigot Brothers fans and many were of the 'slavouring simpleton' kind wanting something to feel good about 😁. Actually even some Cowden fans who always seemed to beat the Pars in important games too! I actually hated the Pars more than Hibs at the time (none of my fellow Jambos turned up at school on the Monday after the '68 Cup Final, so I got all the slagging...)

I guess people on here forget the Jock Stein link in that Jock won the Scottish Cup with Dunfermline (v Celtic) for his first trophy. Ironically, his first trophy with Celtic was the Scottish Cup (v Pars) after he left managing Hibs a couple of weeks before the semi-final (poor Hibs lost that one too...). I think there is still a Jock Stein lounge in East End Park.

Stein often talked fondly of his time with the Pars (including beating Everton - "The Bank of England Team" with Alex Young - in Europe which caused much shock in England at the time).

Edited by JTJ
spelling

Dunfermline are at an interesting crossroads. Their promotion squad was heavy on young players. Not sure of their finances but presume they will bring some more experienced players.

We've got a Dunfermline fan next to us some games as his son is working abroad so get the updates.

8 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

He also said there's loads of young laddies supporting the Pars now regardless of what team their parents support. His neighbour is a hibby and his laddie goes with the Pars now. 

The Ultra scene is definitely the attraction. 

He also got into a confrontation with a number of 'Divit Hibs' on the way back from the 1-1 draw at Easter Road at the beginning of last season, around 20 of them on the train being unruly towards the Hearts fans on the train. 

20230404_155249.jpg

Niemi’s gloves

Some predictions for the game against Dunfermline 

(1) With our first competitive game still almost four weeks away at that time, we will regard it as a limbering up exercise for a large squad (possibly minus Shanks and Zander), likely to be followed by a training camp somewhere yet to be announced.

(2) By contrast, Dunfermline will see it as their final preparation, with less than a week before they play Raith in their first (televised) league cup game

(3) JKB will go into melt down because we don’t win by at least five goals

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dunfermline are at an interesting crossroads. Their promotion squad was heavy on young players. Not sure of their finances but presume they will bring some more experienced players.

We've got a Dunfermline fan next to us some games as his son is working abroad so get the updates.

Will be interesting to see if the Germans (who as I understand took a step back so have not completed the take over) look to complete their takeover (had a look online, they own 30% and at least one board member is part of the German group, hence why they are having a friendly with St Pauli. They were due to fully takeover but put it on hold in 2021 due Covid.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

On 10/06/2023 at 16:25, joondalupjambo said:

Interestingly as the copy I have is maroon and white.   I actually think this red copy was the mystery programme and you were to take it to the club to claim a free holiday in the Maldives, a 10 year season ticket and a thousand pounds.  Did you just keep it safe?  Pity😄😄😄

The red cover is 100% the official programme released on the day for the centenary match against Spurs in August 1974

There was a centenary brochure and team photo handed out on the day but definitely no maroon and white programme 

hmfc_liam06

Dunfermline is very much mixed and wouldn't say it was one way or another in terms of which side of the 'divide' it lands on.

Pasquale for King

Not really bothered about who supports who over there but they were quite vocal about our demotion and a big away crowd will help McPake strengthen his squad. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It might just be me but is everything about the new season not a bit tardy at the moment from the club? I can’t remember having such little information about anything in my time supporting the team - and that in the era of the instant social media culture.

Hector Riva
7 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

y92Qc2E.jpg

Hearts, who are managed by Frankie McAvoy 😂

Excellant 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇪🇸🇪🇸

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

y92Qc2E.jpg

And so it starts…

On 10/06/2023 at 13:13, Luckies1874 said:

Interesting first post!!  Is this accurate info? 

Nothing in this article on the Plymouth website about a game but they are training in Spain! 

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/pre-season-schedule-confirmed-0

I just got a text from my mate who is an Argyle fan https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/argyle-play-hearts-spain

Edited by moonraker

On 13/06/2023 at 19:08, Niemi’s gloves said:

Some predictions for the game against Dunfermline 

(1) With our first competitive game still almost four weeks away at that time, we will regard it as a limbering up exercise for a large squad (possibly minus Shanks and Zander), likely to be followed by a training camp somewhere yet to be announced.

(2) By contrast, Dunfermline will see it as their final preparation, with less than a week before they play Raith in their first (televised) league cup game

(3) JKB will go into melt down because we don’t win by at least five goals

I'd imagine the Aussies wouldn't be there either if Clark and Shankland are missing seeing as they'll be due similar time off 

6 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

y92Qc2E.jpg

Keeping UEFA  sweet for the audit trail.

They also said game will be open to fans.

Gorgierools
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Keeping UEFA  sweet for the audit trail.

They also said game will be open to fans.

Does that mean we're doing preseason on the Costa del Sol then?

Hope so,I've got Jambo family over that week. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Costa del Sol training camp is that wise being so hot mid summer 🌞 going to take a lot out of the player's, hydration will be key for the Plymouth Argyle match 

5 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Does that mean we're doing preseason on the Costa del Sol then?

Hope so,I've got Jambo family over that week. 

More information from Plymouth and they do say Costa del Sol.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, GYL said:

Anybody know exactly where in Southern Spain the training camp is? I'll be in Region de Murcia till 10th July 🤞

I would suggest near or in Marbella. We are playing Plymouth in Marbella.

Gorgierools
8 hours ago, GYL said:

Anybody know exactly where in Southern Spain the training camp is? I'll be in Region de Murcia till 10th July 🤞

I'd guess that it's the one we've used the last two times. In la cala hills. It's classed as Marbella but is actually closer to Mijas.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 29/05/2023 at 22:49, Dick Dastardly said:

Is he even big enough to go on the tea cups? 

Nah - he'd drown.

• davemclaren changed the title to Pre season friendlies - Leeds on 30/7 ( updated )