Pre season friendlies - Leeds on 30/7 ( updated )

Micky

ShortmanRossco
12 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Leeds looked really good last night, despite relegation they carry still a pretty strong squad. With Farke at the wheel, they should dominate Championship, this is "almost" as good as playing an EPL team

Yeah was very impressed last night. Looking like it's clicking into gear. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Pasquale for King

periodictabledancer
5 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Yeah was very impressed last night. Looking like it's clicking into gear. 

They must be quick learners then because the match report on their recent friendly against Man U said they were a disorganised  shambles , even allowing for the difference in class. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

They must be quick learners then because the match report on their recent friendly against Man U said they were a disorganised  shambles , even allowing for the difference in class. 

It was a team thrown together for their first game. Strength of their squad quite frightening in comparison really, for a team relegated, that has already shed quite a few players. New 7 million signing, and the amount of full internationals that will play for them

ShortmanRossco
13 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Extenuating circumstances. Manager was only in the door one day, that's 2 weeks he's had now and you can see patterns of play developing.

periodictabledancer
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It was a team thrown together for their first game. Strength of their squad quite frightening in comparison really, for a team relegated, that has already shed quite a few players. New 7 million signing, and the amount of full internationals that will play for them

Yeah, I've no doubt they'll give us a torrid time of it , they're no mugs. 

Looking forward to it. Will be a really good run out in preparation for next week. Will be good to see the new boys 

21 hours ago, Pohang Jambo said:

Anyone have any idea how many tickets we’ve sold for this game? Saw a couple of days ago that Leeds were still selling tickets for the Roseburn

2,269 left in home stands, so looks like around 13,000 sold plus whatever Leeds sell. 

Does anyone have any links to the main Leeds United forum?

It would be interesting to read their thread / thoughts on this game.

I have to admit it gives me the fear that we get pumped 5 or 6 nil - which isn't really great prep for the St. Johnstone game next week.  I think I'd have preferred weaker opposition.

This game will be a real test of where we are one week from the start of the season. Expect a defeat but would be good to see a performance from the team, especially any new guys able to play

pettigrewsstylist
25 minutes ago, XB52 said:

This game will be a real test of where we are one week from the start of the season. Expect a defeat but would be good to see a performance from the team, especially any new guys able to play

Yeah, agreed. Will be interesting to see who starts in back 4, (presuming Cochrane wont), and how that back 4 knits and copes with this standard.

I expect a loss, its all about how we cope.

Decent test before Perth and Trondhiem.

Ex member of the SaS

Not expecting anything but a loss , a good work out as long as we don't get any injuries. You never improve playing lesser teams and only by testing yourself against better opposition do you find out where your weaknesses are.

2 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Does anyone have any links to the main Leeds United forum?

It would be interesting to read their thread / thoughts on this game.

I have to admit it gives me the fear that we get pumped 5 or 6 nil - which isn't really great prep for the St. Johnstone game next week.  I think I'd have preferred weaker opposition.

Leeds fans have had more to worry about themselves. The main interest is how new manager is setting up the team. And maybe the team will play first league game. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Will we be playing in our first. Second or third strips? 😎

Why not all of them? 

Maroon shirts, pink shorts, stripey socks! 

Really can’t be bothered with friendlies but sometimes after being starved of seeing Hearts I end up going. Today last minute I thought I will grab a ticket, ordered a digital one online, got changed and jumped in the car. After an hour journey with bad traffic got parked in Shandon  …… Hang on, there’s an awful lot of rugby looking folk about and no maroon! What a f&@king idiot I am. See you all tomorrow 👍🇱🇻😂

Gorgierools
41 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Really can’t be bothered with friendlies but sometimes after being starved of seeing Hearts I end up going. Today last minute I thought I will grab a ticket, ordered a digital one online, got changed and jumped in the car. After an hour journey with bad traffic got parked in Shandon  …… Hang on, there’s an awful lot of rugby looking folk about and no maroon! What a f&@king idiot I am. See you all tomorrow 👍🇱🇻😂

Knob😁😁😁😁😁

2 hours ago, Jamborose said:

Have the E tickets come out for this game yet.  Don’t have mine on my account yet ?

They were attached as a pdf to the confirmation email when you bought them. 

1 hour ago, thegreatsd said:

:rofl:

😄

Tommy Brown

Well done mate, at least you admitted it and gave us all a laugh.:lol:

ShortmanRossco
2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Maybe leeds might want to try their away kit, so we'll wear the pink one

Not been released yet.  Shame as would have been nice to see the pink or white kits.

1 hour ago, PaddysBar said:

They were attached as a pdf to the confirmation email when you bought them. 

Nice one see them now. Thanks 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

Brightened my evening. See you tomorrow  :lol:

PS it is a 3pm ko I take it?

23 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Brightened my evening. See you tomorrow  :lol:

PS it is a 3pm ko I take it?

I’m not sure I’m best placed to answer your question! Haha 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, MMHearts said:

On holiday sadly.

:thumbsup:

Probably save spilling sauce on new top

7 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

😂🤣

Perth to Paisley

Presumably the police will insist on a segregation barrier back to Roseburn after the game.

It's not as if Leeds fans have a reputation 😁

Belter. 😂.  

45 minutes ago, Ked said:

Good to be back in the ground even if its only a friendly.

Interested to see how we shape up.

Thinking the starting 11 will be close to what we're looking at for Perth next week. 

I don't get the hate towards these games, we all know the purpose and nobody gets forced to go. 

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Beni Haring

Oda Boyce ???

Shankland 

Thinking Devlin could be in there for Haring and I'm not sure on wide left and also we await a few deals conclusions but that won't be far away from how we'll line up in my view at the moment.

Thought the game was on today also, but in Boston so wasn't intending to come back for it. 🤣

2 hours ago, Chong said:

Thinking the starting 11 will be close to what we're looking at for Perth next week. 

I don't get the hate towards these games, we all know the purpose and nobody gets forced to go. 

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Beni Haring

Oda Boyce ???

Shankland 

Thinking Devlin could be in there for Haring and I'm not sure on wide left and also we await a few deals conclusions but that won't be far away from how we'll line up in my view at the moment.

Is Oda fit? He's not featured in many pre-season games.

I can't see us risking Boyce either.

We are thread bare in the forward areas tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised to see Forrest, Grant and Halliday all start in the three behind Shankland!

I have one ticket for today if anyone wants it. Not looking for anything for it. It's for Section B and I can email it over.

9 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

I will take the ticket for Section  B. I can send you my email address through a PM.

👍

As I have said don't normally do friendlies, however going today with my son and my wee grandson (6)....it will be his first game and I could not miss that. Three generations of jambos.....HHGH!!.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, micole said:

As I have said don't normally do friendlies, however going today with my son and my wee grandson (6)....it will be his first game and I could not miss that. Three generations of jambos.....HHGH!!.

👍