Pre season friendlies - Leeds on 30/7 ( updated )

Micky

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Anyone thinking we won't be close to a starting 11 against Leeds is deluded,Players that are on the fringes been given a chance,if they don't want to take it,bin them.

Our starting 11 will get royally horsed by Leeds.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Chuck Berry

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ministryofdad said:

Legitimately so much for being a community club. 

If 10,000 attended then the local community would have benefited. 

Pubs, shops, chippies et all.

Hearts didnt give a **** it seems to helping the local community. 

What the actual ****.. 

Who thinks of this shit and thinks it's closed doors 

The arrangements for friendlies the last two years have been really disorganised. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Our starting 11 will get royally horsed by Leeds.

It WILL beat Hibs though 

LochcarronJambo
2 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

We are a big club.

3k turned up last Saturday to a training session. 

10k would have went tonight. 

It will be a sell out on Saturday. 

Leeds end sold out 3500

The point is I go to friendlies because I want Hearts to win, see any new players we have, not as crucial as competitive games & far from it , but I still go to hopefully to see positives, progress, trying stuff but I still want us

to win

1 minute ago, Getintaethem said:

What was the final score?

anyone know the line up?

Got beat 3-1 and we're now likely to get relegated this coming season 

Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It WILL beat Hibs though 

That's Hibs who beat Arsenal last pre season.

Served them well.

Nothing great about this preseason, our squad still looks short of about 3-4 players. The players we have signed are unlikely to be ready for the start of the season and our results in friendlies have been honking. Very nervous about the STJ game.

Getintaethem
Just now, fast_blood said:

Got beat 3-1 and we're now likely to get relegated this coming season 

😂. Thanks, saved me wading through eight pages of tears and snotters

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It WILL beat Hibs though 

That's easy enough, it's the other games I'm worried about. 

Luckies1874
5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I’m suggesting that apparently friendlies are simply to gain fitness according to the posters calling everyone pantwetters who think getting horsed off Mansfield and Wigan is pretty poor. 
Personally I thinks it’s concerning. 

We won 2 of our last 11 league matches last season. The momentum has been non existent for a while. The reality is whilst these results are meaningless a huge few weeks are going to be upon us in no time at all and currently there can be little confidence that we are in a good place. There can be no excuses and given the bizarre management setup and lack of urgency in recruitment they had better no exactly how they are going to handle the support should things not start well. In my view understandably there is going to be a lot of justified criticism and very quickly should that be the case. We need to be going to Perth and winning on the opening day, ffs they have already lost to Stenhousemuir and are currently losing to Ayr tonight too! 

4 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Bit off context did h1b5 a not beat arsenal a few seasons ago

Not sure but I do remember them losing to us 3-0 twice in fortnight last season and 5-1 in a cup final 

I know it's "only a friendly" but that was quite a strong team we put out this evening. I know the result counts for nothing. 

BUT surely wins breed confidence. Let's have players hitting back of the net. We have hardly scored a goal against (allegedly) weaker opposition.  Leeds will put out a strong team. We need at least a strong performance. Things don't just change over a couple of days from poor to suddenly turning it on v Saints

Pete Elliott

Hearts 4 Ludwigsfelder 0

Union Berlin 3 Hearts 0

Cowdenbeath 2 Hearts 1

Livingston 1 Hearts 0

10 months later…

Hibs 1 Hearts 5

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

If friendlies are meaningless, why will have Hearts have a crowd probably around 15k on Sunday? 

I agree but we’re well short of selling that many tickets for Sunday, looking like half that at best so far anyway.

Ministryofdad
Just now, Pete Elliott said:

Hearts 4 Ludwigsfelder 0

Union Berlin 3 Hearts 0

Cowdenbeath 2 Hearts 1

Livingston 1 Hearts 0

10 months later…

Hibs 1 Hearts 5

Hearts right now as a club are a shambles. 

Think more about the women's football and off field than the actual product all fans follow and watch. 

I wanna eat humble pie in 3 months and be proved wrong........

It’s just about getting minutes in the legs lads, honest, big Frankie McAvoy told me. 

😂

Man we’re pish. 

Pre-season results don't matter, but you're still looking for the slightest hint of encouragement. 

This is is our second last friendly so I'd also have hoped we were trialling our intended team/set-up for the opening day by this point. This result isn't a ringing endorsement of that, even if we did play the reserves in the second half.

It looks like McKay will miss the start of the season and Boyce could be out too. I'm not sure if Oda has featured in pre-season? We look paper thin in attacking areas atm so hopefully we'll see a couple of new faces in the next week or two.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

We won 2 of our last 11 league matches last season. The momentum has been non existent for a while. The reality is whilst these results are meaningless a huge few weeks are going to be upon us in no time at all and currently there can be little confidence that we are in a good place. There can be no excuses and given the bizarre management setup and lack of urgency in recruitment they had better no exactly how they are going to handle the support should things not start well. In my view understandably there is going to be a lot of justified criticism and very quickly should that be the case. We need to be going to Perth and winning on the opening day, ffs they have already lost to Stenhousemuir and are currently losing to Ayr tonight too! 

I think we may well be banking on SN getting a tune out of RNs players, to play a completely different style we could actually need more players suited to those tactics.
For instance Boyce and Shankland together cant press effectively unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Think more about the women's football and off field than the actual product all fans follow and watch. 

Shambles 🤣🤣

Infested …

9 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Nothing great about this preseason, our squad still looks short of about 3-4 players. The players we have signed are unlikely to be ready for the start of the season and our results in friendlies have been honking. Very nervous about the STJ game.

Agreed.

We’ll not have the Australian boy for a month probably. McKay isn’t fit and who knows what’s going on with Oda. 

Forget the Mansfield result we have every right to be extremely concerned about everything that’s going on right now. 

9 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Any news on when Oda and Mackay will be available? 

McKay still recovering from Surgery, played last few weeks of the season injured…should have been rested.

Edited by McCrae

been here before
4 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

:rofl:

Stop man, stop.

:rofl:

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Forget the Mansfield result we have every right to be extremely concerned about everything that’s going on right now. 

What's going on right now? Have I missed something?

Italian Lambretta

Don’t really care about the pre season results. If I remember we lost every pre season game when Burley was manager.

However, If we lose to St Johnstone then………..

Just now, hearts00 said:

I mean imagine being in such a state with the game against Rosenborg coming up in 2 weeks.  

This 100%

21 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

We are a big club.

3k turned up last Saturday to a training session. 

10k would have went tonight. 

It will be a sell out on Saturday. 

Leeds end sold out 3500

Maybe we had a team of kids out second half? 🤷🏽‍♂️

The only result that matters is v St Johnstone. I'd rather get the shite performances out of our system now tbh. 

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Pre-season results don't matter, but you're still looking for the slightest hint of encouragement. 

This is is our second last friendly so I'd also have hoped we were trialling our intended team/set-up for the opening day by this point. This result isn't a ringing endorsement of that, even if we did play the reserves in the second half.

It looks like McKay will miss the start of the season and Boyce could be out too. I'm not sure if Oda has featured in pre-season? We look paper thin in attacking areas atm so hopefully we'll see a couple of new faces in the next week or two.

Good post and the danger for me is that we end up wasting a dream run of opening fixtures and highly favourable European draw, through poor preparation and failing to be 100% ready for day 1 of the competitive season.

Edited by David McCaig

ToadKiller Dog

Making judgement on a performance nobody witnessed in a game where the result is of little importance .

Yep we should be shitting it against St j who could well be exiting the league cup tonight . They have there own troubles to seek.

Hopefully a boost type signing ot two before the real season starts .

15 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Bit off context did h1b5 a not beat arsenal a few seasons ago

H1b5 beat Real Madrid Kenny. Did you know that? If not you’re the only person in Embra that a hobo hasn’t told 🤣

Wish the club would give us a decent match breakdown. Want to see who was involved, what younger players were given minutes, what formations we played etc. Couldn't give two shiny sheeites about the result, just want to see who was involved and if it was a precursor to who might get a shot in a couple of weeks. 

Fitzroy Pointon
7 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

:laugh2: 

Go to bed. 

Change your sheets first.

So this is the team that was on the pitch when Mansfield went ahead:

McGovern

Neilson

Sibbick

Rathie

Cochrane

Baningime

Denholm

Halliday

Smith

Wilson

Grant

1 minute ago, Kendoll said:

Wish the club would give us a decent match breakdown. Want to see who was involved, what younger players were given minutes, what formations we played etc. Couldn't give two shiny sheeites about the result, just want to see who was involved and if it was a precursor to who might get a shot in a couple of weeks. 

Clark (McGovern 45’), Atkinson (Denholm 54’), Sibbick, Rowles (Rathie 79’), Kingsley (Smith 60’), Haring (Halliday 45’), Baningime, Forrest (Neilson 60’), Shankland (Wilson 60’), Cochrane, Boyce (Grant 34’)

hardly changing the full team to a youth squad at half time 

27 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Surprisingly he/she/it wasn’t. 

Well how can anyone pass comment re effort or otherwise if they didn't see the game 🤪 

Bizarre behaviour....the Walter Mitty's on here need weeded oooot! 

2 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/match-report-hearts-1-3-mansfield-town

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yeah it’s only a friendly match, a training exercise, a time to try out tactics etc., however this applies to both teams!

But, it does not reflect well on the standard of Scottish football!

I can’t imagine anybody at Mansfield (players, coaches, staff) will be saying how impressed they were with how good Hearts were!

I think anyone with half a brain, Mansfield players included, know a competitive game where points or getting to a next round differs from a closed doors training game 👍

David McCaig

The positive from tonight has to be Beni playing a full 90 minutes, the negative is that when you look at this evening's bench every change was a major downgrade on the starting XI.

2 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Clark (McGovern 45’), Atkinson (Denholm 54’), Sibbick, Rowles (Rathie 79’), Kingsley (Smith 60’), Haring (Halliday 45’), Baningime, Forrest (Neilson 60’), Shankland (Wilson 60’), Cochrane, Boyce (Grant 34’)

hardly changing the full team to a youth squad at half time 

Cheers. Denholm getting the most of the younger ones, good to see Rathie and Wilson getting a good run out too. Still got hopes for Neilson this season. Full 90 for Beni is class. 

Cairneyhill Jambo
6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Don’t really care about the pre season results. If I remember we lost every pre season game when Burley was manager.

However, If we lose to St Johnstone 

We scraped a one nil victory away to East Fife. Brellier scored.  

When the new boys are in the mix, Oda and McKay back, and maybe 1 or 2 more signing we will look a lot healthier. That bench is nowhere near the required standard.