• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• soonbe110

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

I think Naismith has done well enough to be offered the job. We cannot afford a transition season next year, and I think Naisy can largely work with this group of players. Don't want anyone coming in and clearing the decks ala Cathro. 

2 hours ago, Trigger said:

Moved to 2nd favourite (6/4) in some markets. 

The type of appointment I’d like us to make.

What markets?

Nerja Jambo
44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What's his experience of Scottish football?

I take it that is tongue in cheek.

56 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

I take it that is tongue in cheek.

Well loads of coaches and players have come to Scotland with no experience and failed. Its actually the norm for coaches. 

BackOfTheNet

A name that peaked my interest at the start of all of this. I want Naismith to continue what he’s doing, after all, 6 of the 7 fixtures he’s been in charge of are the hardest he’ll have in the league. I’d like to see what he can do when tackling a regular fixture list and Europe.

BUT, that being said, I wouldn’t be opposed to someone like Cifuentes at all. That’s the sort of appointment we should make if not Naismith, not some jobs for the boys manager going round the clubs in Scotland.

...a bit disco

He's on a 3 year deal and just qualified for Europe.

Nerja Jambo
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Well loads of coaches and players have come to Scotland with no experience and failed. Its actually the norm for coaches. 

I agree, but not all. When RN was sacked there were plenty on here calling for a coach with no experience of Scottish football, no fear of the OF, a totally different mindset from the managerial merry-go-round that is Scottish football as seen over the past 2 months. What I would add is that SN be appointed as his assistant as he would have that knowledge. Hearts and most of SF is stuck in some time warp, frightened of the unknown. You could argue that Paulo Sergio had no knowledge and he done pretty well considering the shambles the club were in at that time, something we are not now. 

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A name that peaked my interest at the start of all of this. I want Naismith to continue what he’s doing, after all, 6 of the 7 fixtures he’s been in charge of are the hardest he’ll have in the league. I’d like to see what he can do when tackling a regular fixture list and Europe.

BUT, that being said, I wouldn’t be opposed to someone like Cifuentes at all. That’s the sort of appointment we should make if not Naismith, not some jobs for the boys manager going round the clubs in Scotland.

Tactically he is noted as effective at dealing with a high press, something used a lot to stifle teams in our league. 

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/marti-cifuentes-hammarby-if-tactical-analysis-scout-report-tactics

10 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

That’s what my son said when I suggested him yesterday. No chance 

Aberdeen spoke to him about their vacancy and Leeds United asked about becoming an assistant. 

But he's still at Hammerby.

Edited by Mikey1874

...a bit disco
23 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

That’s what my son said when I suggested him yesterday. No chance 

Yep. 

Would expect a large compensation bill.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

I think Naismith has done well enough to be offered the job. We cannot afford a transition season next year, and I think Naisy can largely work with this group of players. Don't want anyone coming in and clearing the decks ala Cathro. 

This

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

After this and including managers (Neilson) and in all competitions I believe we are somewhere around 16 red cards for the season. It really is concerning.

Yet we are literally soft as shite 

18 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Naismith gets the job for me. 

If we can get Ciufentes I’d argue he’d be the far superior option. But with Naismith as his assistant could be dynamite.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Naismith would be a transition season - rookie manager etc.

In any event every new season with a new manager is a transition.

Famous 1874

A mate told me yesterday that the club have spoken to him. That I assume is causing the movement in price

Nerja Jambo
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

A mate told me yesterday that the club have spoken to him. That I assume is causing the movement in price

How would your mate know that?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Well - the reality is that a decision will be made sooner rather than later. Market movements - particularly without paper chat - likely to be more reflective of moves.

As said above, I could, in theory see Naismith as no.2 to a more experienced head coach.

BangkokHearts

Mario + Naismith assist? 

*fap fap fap fap*

the posh bit
25 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

How would your mate know that?

Why would he tell you that? 

Nerja Jambo
6 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Why would he tell you that? 

You actually believe he has a mate who has an insight into who we have talked to? Really? 

Polonia Gorgie
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Don't see Wilder's name there

Just about to post this, no Wilder now

Dennis Reynolds
20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Don't see Wilder's name there

33/1 on BetVictor.

For reference, Craig Levein is 25/1. Eva Olid also 33/1.

Japan Jambo
4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

33/1 on BetVictor.

For reference, Craig Levein is 25/1. Eva Olid also 33/1.

:facepalm:

Ricardo Quaresma

Has this guy ever played football?

Can't find player history on transfermarkt

Ricardo Quaresma
16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Naismith still favourite at Evans? Is that a bookie? :lol:

3 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Signed on Jan 22 so only 18 months left. 

1 hour ago, BangkokHearts said:

Mario + Naismith assist? 

*fap fap fap fap*

Prefer Marti and Naismith tbh 

5 hours ago, OTT said:

I would be happy if we offered Naismith a one year deal with an option at the end of it depending on how well he does.

It would be interesting to see what sort of players he would want Savage and his team to find with a view to improving the team.

Ricardo Quaresma

This is an absolute nonsense of an idea

It's certainly not the right time for this, if ever

We take him and he doesn't get what we want, then Naismith goes to killie or the perth fermers, then where from there? Would you want to play against him?

If the board appointed this guy, it'd be their names at tail end of season before GTF, GTF!

No way, just no

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I wouldn't be too displeased with Naismith getting it - but I think its time we try and get someone else in.  Someone with a bit of experience and who would appreciate the opportunity Hearts represent.

Finlay James

Really hope that Kevin Muscat comes out of nowhere to be appointed with Naismith as his assistant.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Really hope that Kevin Muscat comes out of nowhere to be appointed with Naismith as his assistant.

a guy who was sacked after 6 months in Belgium. 

if Naismith was assistant I wouldn’t mind too much but muscat is far from a sure fire bet. 

there is no such thing of course. 

Edited by kingantti1874

44 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

This is an absolute nonsense of an idea

It's certainly not the right time for this, if ever

We take him and he doesn't get what we want, then Naismith goes to killie or the perth fermers, then where from there? Would you want to play against him?

If the board appointed this guy, it'd be their names at tail end of season before GTF, GTF!

No way, just no

Do you mean that you don’t want Cifuentes appointed? If so, why? 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Do you mean that you don’t want Cifuentes appointed? If so, why? 

Already stated reasons, if you need any more, the risk analysis says no way

I feel like Naismith will be a manager next season, wether it’s with Hearts or not. He’s got a taste for managing a first team and won’t want to go back. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Has this guy ever played football?

Can't find player history on transfermarkt

Does that matter now? I'm not sure it does. Jose Mourinho's playing career peaked in the Portuguese fourth tier...