• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• soonbe110

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Still find this astounding that he was blown off for a guy who literally isn’t qualified for the job.

It just highlights the complete and utter incompetence of the clubs custodians.

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Oh wow what a wonderful job he done, coaching his team mates to 6th place finishes and coaching a bunch of Euan Henderson types to non-careers. He shouted and pointed a lot on the pitch. That’s not coaching. I personally never really liked that aspect of him, his individual quality and pedigree was the thing he brought. But all that pointing, for me added very little to the team. 

Yeah that doesn't always translate to "oh he'd make a great manager because he told players what to do in games". Michael Stewart used to talk to players during games and tell them what to do. Roy Keane done similar at United and he was a shite manager.

I absolutely agree with your previous post as well. We have went with another jobs for boys appointment unfortunately. Everything is too cosy at the club, there's no ruthless leader which is what we need. We are soft as shite at boardroom level and that mentality has been left to set in.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Ricardo Quaresma

'People think he'd be a good manager because he was a good player'

Myth, probably 1 person wrote that on here, if that

People wanted him in because the Football was good to watch

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Not a myth. Playing career absolutely impacted fan perception. Including only a few posts back with the fella talking about when naismith used to “coach within games when he was on the pitch”.

There absolutely was a perception that because Naismith played at the highest level & was a much higher level of footballer than the likes of Robbie Neilson ever was, therefore, that gives Naismith a level of football credibility above what Robbie had. As if that matters hee haw to player’s engagement with you as their manager, as a person, over long months of work.

Its the whole “commands respect because he was a top player” clueless pish which fans come out with which in reality has **** all to do with Management as a job.

I will give you an example right now. Fox doing well with the B team. Say we sack Naismith, Fox gets 7 games as caretaker, puts 6 past the bottom of the league team, but only wins 2 out of 7 and doesn’t get us back to 3rd. What’s your thoughts then on fox full time manager? No playing career to speak of. See how the perception is different. 

Naismiths audition for the Hearts full time job, results wise, was no better than Austin Mcphees who also put 5 past st Mirren. Again no playing career to speak of so not much support for the appointment. 

Playing career and profile 100% skewed the perception. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

No it wasn't we only won twice during his interim period. Folk wanted him because they liked him as a player and we're wee Naisy fan boys. Sensible people who could see it was a mistake were rounded on by them.

SomethingAboutObua
5 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

No it wasn't we only won twice during his interim period. Folk wanted him because they liked him as a player and we're wee Naisy fan boys. Sensible people who could see it was a mistake were rounded on by them.

Just looking angry when we lose is more than enough for some on here to think that makes a decent Hearts manager 

9 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Listen, you’re talking about theoretical, if this if that, would this would that. I made no assertions about how Cifuentes would do,

would he of been a success? who knows. It’s about who’s the best that we can get you have to be pragmatic about it and think outside the box 

I had basically 2 criteria for the appointment 

1. not an ex hearts player

2 has a record of any description, as a recognised football manager of other clubs

That’s a pretty ****ing low bar, no?

Am just sick of these shit appointments we as a club continually make. A “next paulo Sergio” type appointment is what I dream of more than anything, someone completely external to the club, with zero baggage, coming in and bringing that freshness we so desperately need.

Levein has left the club years ago, and we have still managed to make a Levein boot room type appointment. It’s laughable. Sick of it. 

Naismith v Cifuentes was essentially like choosing between a Neilson 2014 type appointment and a Csaba Laszlo 2008 style appointment. Or Barry Robson v Jim Goodwin. Just because someone has a bit of experience doesn't automatically make them better, particularly if they've done very little of note. 

I'd hope we could do better than either.

Amazing that some folk really will double down regardless of the glaring reality.

😂😂

Naismith and his crew are not up to the job, it was obvious before the interim period that it was unlikely to be successful, it was even more obvious after that interim period where he couldn't achieve his aims and didn't even really get much of a new manager bounce.

Was Cifuentes the right alternative? No idea, he's a pretty mediocre record...but it is a least a record as he is least a football manager.

Edited by Taffin

14 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Who?

I knew a guy called Cliff . Knew him for twenty years before I saw his cash card one night and his name was actually Russel . We were sitting eating chips on a bench in Brighton at the time . I asked him why everyone called him Cliff , but before he could answer a big seagull flew down and landed on his head 

Under the floodlight
19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I knew a guy called Cliff . Knew him for twenty years before I saw his cash card one night and his name was actually Russel . We were sitting eating chips on a bench in Brighton at the time . I asked him why everyone called him Cliff , but before he could answer a big seagull flew down and landed on his head 

Was he a white guy? I think he is one of several from Dover.

4 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Was he a white guy? I think he is one of several from Dover.

White as a sheet despite living there for years . His birth name Russel was inherited from his granddad . He was a gardener 

Sinbad the Sailor
4 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Anyone that believes there is life after death is delusional, as is all religions.

Damn there was me gonna beat Robbo's scoring records.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

:lol:

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Like before, myth

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not a myth. Playing career absolutely impacted fan perception. Including only a few posts back with the fella talking about when naismith used to “coach within games when he was on the pitch”.

There absolutely was a perception that because Naismith played at the highest level & was a much higher level of footballer than the likes of Robbie Neilson ever was, therefore, that gives Naismith a level of football credibility above what Robbie had. As if that matters hee haw to player’s engagement with you as their manager, as a person, over long months of work.

Its the whole “commands respect because he was a top player” clueless pish which fans come out with which in reality has **** all to do with Management as a job.

I will give you an example right now. Fox doing well with the B team. Say we sack Naismith, Fox gets 7 games as caretaker, puts 6 past the bottom of the league team, but only wins 2 out of 7 and doesn’t get us back to 3rd. What’s your thoughts then on fox full time manager? No playing career to speak of. See how the perception is different. 

Naismiths audition for the Hearts full time job, results wise, was no better than Austin Mcphees who also put 5 past st Mirren. Again no playing career to speak of so not much support for the appointment. 

Playing career and profile 100% skewed the perception.

TL;DR

Your opinion

9 hours ago, TallPaul said:

No they didn't. Folk wanted him in because there was an improvement in effort throughout the team even if it wasn't translating into results. Was nothing to do with him as a player. 

He had my support even when appointed but 2 wins in 6 and failure to get that 3rd place should have been enough to send him back to the B team and thank him for stepping up.