150th Anniversary Plans Announced.

been here before

brownkg
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You need to type a bit faster. Merged. 😄

mibbees aye........ although  a case could be made for HMFC celebrations of 150 are seperate from O's 150 just joined at the friendly:qqb001:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Fxxx the SPFL

• queensferryjambo

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, brownkg said:

mibbees aye........ although  a case could be made for HMFC celebrations of 150 are seperate from O's 150 just joined at the friendly:qqb001:

It could but, given everyone ( apart from you ) was posting on the 150 years thread, the JKB 150 years committee had to make an early executive decision. 😄

Fxxx the SPFL

As well as Leyton Orient we’re also playing Spurs at Tynie as part of the celebrations.

8 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

As well as Leyton Orient we’re also playing Spurs at Tynie as part of the celebrations.

any idea what date?

been here before
9 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Sounds a bit better I suppose as even a Spurs third team would be more interesting to watch than Leyton ****in Orient.

Fxxx the SPFL
22 minutes ago, bigdav said:

any idea what date?

Not heard a date but was in Tynecastle this morning and one the lads confirmed definitely playing Spurs. The O’s game is 13th July that’s already been announced.

Daveandal
26 minutes ago, been here before said:

Sounds a bit better I suppose as even a Spurs third team would be more interesting to watch than Leyton ****in Orient.

Bit harsh given the links between the clubs.

Of course we'd all like to see a glamour tie though.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Bit harsh given the links between the clubs.

Of course we'd all like to see a glamour tie though.

There arent any particular "links" between Hearts and Orient other than the respective 1914-15 teams enlisting.

These links exist between dozens of other teams whose players also bravely enlisted, many of who paid the ultimate price.

Have Hearts ever played Orient before? I've no idea. Has there been much made previously of these "links"? Surely the most appropriate time to have played them might have been 2014 or 2016.

If we want to celebrate the 2 teams (amongst others) who signed up then lets not dress it up as part of our 150 celebrations, lets honour them properly with a stand alone match.

Daveandal
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

There arent any particular "links" between Hearts and Orient other than the respective 1914-15 teams enlisting.

These links exist between dozens of other teams whose players also bravely enlisted, many of who paid the ultimate price.

Have Hearts ever played Orient before? I've no idea. Has there been much made previously of these "links"? Surely the most appropriate time to have played them might have been 2014 or 2016.

If we want to celebrate the 2 teams (amongst others) who signed up then lets not dress it up as part of our 150 celebrations, lets honour them properly with a stand alone match.

I'm sure the McCrae's Battalion Trust have a connection with them. Someone more in the know than me can confirm.

I get the 2014/16 idea but I personally think it's a nice touch. 

If the Spurs thing is true that's a nice nod to the past as well. I'm sure it was mentioned on a different Thread the first game we played at Tynecastle was against Bolton. Maybe something can be done there as well.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

We played Spurs for our 100th anniversary. 

I have the wee RED programme somehwere i think.