*** Heart Of Midlothian Vs H1b5 *** Offical Edinburgh Derby Match Thread

Masonic

Shankland was constantly fouled by the Hibs defence today. He was held back almost every time he got the ball. Hibs weren’t penalised once, but of course Shankland was booked.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ri Alban

• Harry Potter

• Don Dan

Neverforgetfiveone
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

There's no acknowledgement of the effort against 11 for an hour. The bitterness is ****ing obvious 😫

Correct…. Hung on… ******* outstanding for and hour with ten men! Masterclass

Neverforgetfiveone
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Shankland was constantly fouled by the Hibs defence today. He was held back almost every time he got the ball. Hibs weren’t penalised once, but of course Shankland was booked.

Shanks was magnificent today! Outstanding! 

indianajones
37 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I tell you what. They don’t do silky football at all.

Yet again it’s all about turning it into a yellow card fight/battle.

Fair enough. If you can’t win at the football, reduce it to a battle. But let it never be said that we bully Hibs these days. They are hammer throwing wee gimps. 

Hoof ball over the top to a fast player. 

They are stinking. 

18 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Everytime btw. Was unreal, in front of the cheating linesman. Who I may add had a total shocker. I thought the tackle on Haring was a deliberate assault. Will need to see again but if so then sick considering what he has went through. Hope he's ok. 

Maple Leaf
30 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

That man is a fine judge of character.  Yes, they are, and always have been.

30 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Shanks was magnificent today! Outstanding! 

28 goals for season. Speaks for itself but then he does so much more.

When the chips are down and Hibs need a win, Hearts do what Hearts do in derbys. 

Ps with the extra 7 minutes at the end of the 1st half and the 9 at the end of the second we played about 76 minutes with 10 men 😂

17 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Everytime btw. Was unreal, in front of the cheating linesman. Who I may add had a total shocker. I thought the tackle on Haring was a deliberate assault. Will need to see again but if so then sick considering what he has went through. Hope he's ok. 

My thoughts exactly. One of their hatchet men sent out to injure our players. A disgusting shower of shite.

8 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

That’s a big ask , I’ve got him down for scoring 6 or 7 today but 30 goals by half-time that would be something 😉 

Haha class 🤣

1 hour ago, leginten said:

My thoughts exactly. One of their hatchet men sent out to injure our players. A disgusting shower of shite.

And he ended up injuring himself. Karma at its best.

It's a poor decision for red. Worse than the Celtic one in that its even more uncertain where the ball is falling. So not a clear goal scoring opportunity. Hibs player doesn't have control of ball. Worth an appeal. 

Edited by Mikey1874

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Bozi said:

When the chips are down and Hibs need a win, Hearts do what Hearts do in derbys. 

Ps with the extra 7 minutes at the end of the 1st half and the 9 at the end of the second we played about 76 minutes with 10 men 😂

77 to be precise. Game lasted 106 minutes. Cocharane sent off in the 29th. They blew it...........again.

Lewis Miller and Will Fish chances were sitters.

McKirdy. He must be a secret Jambo. He is mates with some of the squad.

Edited by Mikey1874

Der Kaiser

No footage of Haring getting clattered.....probably because they'd have to discuss why it wasn't a yellow card.

John Findlay

With all the practice they have had playing against ten men this season I was expecting Hibs to blow us away in the 2nd half. Alas they didn't, because pure and simple, they weren't good enough.

5 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

No footage of Haring getting clattered.....probably because they'd have to discuss why it wasn't a Red card.

FTFY

TorinoJambo
19 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

No footage of Haring getting clattered.....probably because they'd have to discuss why it wasn't a yellow card.

I couldn't believe they didn't VAR the hand ball by them a minute before half time. 

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lewis Miller and Will Fish chances were sitters.

McKirdy. He must be a secret Jambo. He is mates with some of the squad.

Easier to score 

Kennyfragg13
2 hours ago, Captain Scarlett said:

.net in lockdown yet? 😀😀

No if you want to take a look and have a laugh it hibs.net main forum

2 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

I thought it looked like the Hibs boy led with his elbow in real time. I assume VAR checked for that though given how long Haring was down for. 

3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Rowles, soft as putty, week after week and refuses to go win ball. Busted flush tbh, Scotland not for him.

Gino herculean effort today

Atkinson produced some decent defending today, hope renewed.

Oda a menace , gonna ragdoll folks next season.

Toby put a shift in and done okay.

Clark, another good performance after Ibrox.

Devlin not the answer tbh

Kio, i heard he came on but cant confirm that.

Forrest, another missed opportunity.

We missed Haring.

Shankland must be covered in impact bruises. 

Pretty good summary.  Thought Clark was at fault at their goal but a few saves compensated. Our midfield is so weak and as a result there is little protection for the guys at the back at times. 

jambopilms

Would like to hear what state Haring is in, looked bad again. Hopefully precautionary.

He always plays well in a derby, missed him when he went off.

colinmaroon
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pretty good summary.  Thought Clark was at fault at their goal but a few saves compensated. Our midfield is so weak and as a result there is little protection for the guys at the back at times. 

TBH today Hibs just kept launching high balls and used width against 10.  Before Haring went off we were fine. 

RedStarRiot

The Sportscene highlights were poor.

No review of the handball posters have mentioned.

Nothing on the Haring injury/potential red of for them.

They all agree with the Hearts red which is surprising since its really not totally clear if it was a goal scoring opportunity or if it was even Cochrane who initiated the contact. Cadden flies straight into him.

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

It was well pver 10 extra second half

17 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

TBH today Hibs just kept launching high balls and used width against 10.  Before Haring went off we were fine. 

Yes, but the midfield guys can’t pass to to each other or a team mate. Second was clear evidence of that. Won nearly all the first balls then immediately gave it away. No ball retention at all.  Been a problem nearly all season 

ScandinavianJambo
3 hours ago, leginten said:

I did think that at the time. Then thought surely not. After the debacle in the end...yes, that is certainly what it looks like.

26 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

When the fu@# will our centre backs learn to jump for a ball? Basic stuff. Over 6 ft jump 5 ft .

I thought Jimmy Hill was fine. It’s Kio who  can’t jump.

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

How anyone can think this guy is a football player is beyond me.

Aussie Jambo
15 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Cheers for that but a second earlier recorded you would have seen the mutant lining it up. 

Had to make it smaller as wouldn’t upload as too big. The clip I’ve got shows him walking off. But I’m sure if you watch game again on Hearts tv then you’ll see it. 

4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Well he did have maroon hair 🤣

Just now, Weonly151 said:

Well he did have maroon hair 🤣

Sorry wrong post 

RustyRightPeg

Cochrane shouldn’t have been sent off. Was a genuine attempt at the hall. Double jeopardy means he should’ve kept the booking he was awarded. 

****ing referees are clueless. 

cosanostra

I'm not even mad at the red card. Cochrane needed to defend better but he'll learn and the better team finished in 4th.

We didn't look very well set up for the free kick though. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

McKirdy dives in the box.  Should have been a yellow card for simulation.  Robertson was about to give a penalty until he was called on his headset from either the VAR desk or the linesman.  Jimmy Sandison’s reaction on Hearts TV was classic. “McKirdy should have got a yellow card automatically anyway…..for coming on the park with those pink boots!”   😁

Indeed 😆

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep.. they’ve actually only won 6 games this season against 11 men. FTH. Tinpot arseholes. 
Positives… we’ve just played the last 5 games after the spilt, against the top of the league clubs - 3 out of the five games we’ve had a straight red… and we’ve  only been beaten once. Naismith hasn’t done too bad. 
Scottish clubs really have to do something about the officials in our game though. A total disgrace, the lot of them!

Onwards and upwards. 

Absolutely 👍🏽 👏🏾

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Cochrane shouldn’t have been sent off. Was a genuine attempt at the hall. Double jeopardy means he should’ve kept the booking he was awarded. 

Doesn’t matter if you stop a goalscoring opportunity you are red carded. He needs to learn not to do that, even if they score we win the game probably. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

When the fu@# will our centre backs learn to jump for a ball? Basic stuff. Over 6 ft jump 5 ft .

Absolutely.

4 hours ago, Wilson said:

I think he’s talking about Rowles and Sibbick who cant win a header anywhere. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Sour grapes from the Tim b team as usual. 

Hearts won today even though it was a draw. 

It was a hearts win.

Ofc celtic will win the cup which will help their feeder team but it still doesn't change the fact it was a de facto hearts win today. 

5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sorry but you're wrong. Double jeopardy only comes into play if it's a penalty, hence the initial yellow. Once the penalty is overturned it then becomes a red

5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I'm not even mad at the red card. Cochrane needed to defend better but he'll learn and the better team finished in 4th.

We didn't look very well set up for the free kick though. 

He did need to track Cadden's run better. The replays show he had him in his sights at one point and probably could have cleared with his right to avoid it becoming Cadden's ball. I'm mainly frustrated that the situation arose with a simple ball over the top that Rowles didn't defend. The line was too high.