• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

Have to say this game has got me going thru the emotions. Heart says we win, Sheep loose then we pump the wee team on Saturday and it's party time. Head says we haven't won there for years, loose easily. Aberdeen win, hibs loose and Saturday is a dead rubber.  Bottom line is we should be sitting with cigars out comfortably in 3rd. That awful loss to St Mirren at home is the one thats cost us (plus the terrible away form)

Rangers have nothing to play for, but they still have players trying to impress for next season. I'm more than confident their fans would accept a loss if it were detrimental to the sheep. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Rangers have nothing to play for, but they still have players trying to impress for next season. I'm more than confident their fans would accept a loss if it were detrimental to the sheep

Absolutely; that means ultimately there's no down side for them, although they probably won't be thinking that before kick-off

Barcelona got whumped by Valladolid a few hours ago and they needed a point, at least, to jump out of the relegation zone

Lewandowski made it 3-1 late on to scupper my -2 bet

Shouldn't have taken my eye off it, tough shit I suppose 🙃

7 hours ago, Bauld said:

I'm afraid you're miles out there.

Arfield at 34 has at least another season in him. He's actually been highly praised this season for his fitness, getting forward and adding more goals to his game.

He might not be what rangers need for a title push. I'd be delighted to have him in the team for a season. 

We should be signing players that have potential to improve and could command a transfer fee. That’s how we’ll grow the club. Chucking money down the drain on old pros is short termism and it’s not what savage said he was trying to do. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

We should be signing players that have potential to improve and could command a transfer fee. That’s how we’ll grow the club. Chucking money down the drain on old pros is short termism and it’s not what savage said he was trying to do. 

You can't just go and sign a load of 18-24yr old throw them on the pitch and say go learn shit and win.

You've got to have older heads on the park who have been there and done it. With the experience to lead by example and guide the guys you want to grow. 

Captain Sausage

Huge night tonight. Not expecting anything from Ibrox which means we need St Mirren to do us a favour and take a point (or 3) from Aberdeen. 

All eyes on Pittodrie!

BackOfTheNet

Weirdly, I was confident we’d get something the other day - which given our record through there is pretty illogical - but now the day has come I’ve resorted to dread. Annoyingly.

It’s certainly not a free hit like some think it is, regardless of our situation whenever we play them, but as long as we play well ourselves and don’t just sit in - meaning they have to play well to beat us - then that’s all I can ask for at this point.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

You can't just go and sign a load of 18-24yr old throw them on the pitch and say go learn shit and win.

You've got to have older heads on the park who have been there and done it. With the experience to lead by example and guide the guys you want to grow. 

The stated recruitment policy was 25 and under with potential to improve. We already have older heads. A 35 year old on his way down that's achieved all he's going to achieve doesn't float my boat. Waste of money as well. I'm not saying there shouldn't be the odd exception but Arfield isn't good enough to go against our policy and keep a younger, hungrier player out of the side. Yes, he might improve us in the very short term if his legs will get him through 90 minutes every week but it's too short term for me.

8 hours ago, Sid said:

Where to watch game in Napoli?  

any suggestions?  

There's not a game in Napoli tonight I don't think mate. Coppa Italia final is on, but that's in Rome.

Today's the day lads and lassies. Make or break time. Either the bubble bursts this evening, or we go into Saturday's derby for what has to be our biggest league game in years.

Telling you all now, by 10pm this evening, this won't be over.

15 minutes ago, Locky said:

There's not a game in Napoli tonight I don't think mate. Coppa Italia final is on, but that's in Rome.

Sorry. Meant the Hearts game tonight. 

Dennis Reynolds

Picked up a last minute ticket for this. Absolutely hate going to Glasgow but have a good gut feeling about tonight 👀

Scott980612

Will be a tough ask as always. 
Hopefully a better performance than last time we played them. 
That last game at Tynecastle was a joke and the starting 11 that was as baffling as I’ve seen. 

Do not concede early  

Do not concede from a set piece.  

Not sure if Morelos will play or not , hopefully not as it’s almost guaranteed he scores vs hearts 

Have a bit of belief and need to be clinical when it counts. 

Rangers 1 - 2 HMFC ( shankland , Ginnelly)

4 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Will be a tough ask as always. 
Hopefully a better performance than last time we played them. 
That last game at Tynecastle was a joke and the starting 11 that was as baffling as I’ve seen. 

Do not concede early  

Do not concede from a set piece.  

Not sure if Morelos will play or not , hopefully not as it’s almost guaranteed he scores vs hearts 

Have a bit of belief and need to be clinical when it counts. 

Rangers 1 - 2 HMFC ( shankland , Ginnelly)

Naismith will have someone set up to wind Morelos up and get him sent off. Master tactician. 

14 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Atkinson for me, he was man of the match on Saturday and deserves to start. I don’t think there is any point overthinking this match as that’s how we ended up with a midfield of Snodgrass, McKay and Kuol against them last time.

Yeah I agree. There's no way Naismith won't start him. Would be daft to drop him. Please don't mention that midfield trio 😭 I still shudder when I think about it

Naisys Tackle
8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Rangers have nothing to play for, but they still have players trying to impress for next season. I'm more than confident their fans would accept a loss if it were detrimental to the sheep. 

They have an unbeaten home record to protect.  Their fans would rather keep that than give a shit about the sheep.

Tonight will be extremely tough, we have to prepare for no foot off the gas.

OmiyaHearts
8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Not sure about that. Was talking to my hun mates about doing us a favour and they had no idea what was going on with us and Aberdeen in Euro spots and didn't seem to care.

Old firm supporters only care about two clubs and winning every game. 

LochcarronJambo
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Not sure about that. Was talking to my hun mates about doing us a favour and they had no idea what was going on with us and Aberdeen in Euro spots and didn't seem to care.

Aye true , plus being the world’s biggest bigots

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Weirdly, I was confident we’d get something the other day - which given our record through there is pretty illogical - but now the day has come I’ve resorted to dread. Annoyingly.

It’s certainly not a free hit like some think it is, regardless of our situation whenever we play them, but as long as we play well ourselves and don’t just sit in - meaning they have to play well to beat us - then that’s all I can ask for at this point.

Who the **** was the poster who originally started this 'free hit' terminology? If identified...then please ban him/her. Load of ****ing nonsense...no such thing as a 'free hit '. Never!!

1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Who the **** was the poster who originally started this 'free hit' terminology? If identified...then please ban him/her. Load of ****ing nonsense...no such thing as a 'free hit '. Never!!

Neilson clearly saw it the same way, resting players for more winnable games and posters on here backing him up. Disgrace.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The stated recruitment policy was 25 and under with potential to improve. We already have older heads. A 35 year old on his way down that's achieved all he's going to achieve doesn't float my boat. Waste of money as well. I'm not saying there shouldn't be the odd exception but Arfield isn't good enough to go against our policy and keep a younger, hungrier player out of the side. Yes, he might improve us in the very short term if his legs will get him through 90 minutes every week but it's too short term for me.

Good player but constantly used as a sub which suggests he can't go 90 mins nowadays so it's a no from me.

I think the atmosphere will be as flat as a witches tit in there tonight which could suit us. Get a goal and the subway loyal will be home before full time.

We might compete for something if a number of conditions fall our way.  Then again there might be more chance of the Pope turning up in Govan than Hearts.  We'll see in due course.

Our match is heavily outweighed by the Aberdeen match.  There's a much more likely prospect of Aberdeen failing to win than us winning.  Aberdeen don't win = a very good chance for us in the last game.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
26 minutes ago, Sid said:

Naismith will have someone set up to wind Morelos up and get him sent off. Master tactician. 

😂

Bazzas right boot

6-3 Hearts.

Morelos hatrick and Shankland Hatrick.

In all seriousness,  Gino will be key imo, if he plays I think he'll get a hatrick as well, so 9-3.

If not, 6-3 will need to do.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
21 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Yep.

The Huns will be doing what they can to potentially finish the season only 2 points behind Celtic. They certainly won’t want it to be double figures.

Jim Panzee

hearing the club have put in a order from Beds R Us - delivery address ibroke - with fresh sheets to boot.

Players being force fed all bran, fruit n fibre and prunes topped off with ex-lax today.

all in readiness for our inevitable loss being down to uncontrollable bowels and nothing to do with the quality of players on the park*

* hope someone bookmarks this post and rams it down my throat if we win :)

2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Huge night tonight. Not expecting anything from Ibrox which means we need St Mirren to do us a favour and take a point (or 3) from Aberdeen. 

All eyes on Pittodrie!

This. I do think that St Mirren can at least get  draw at Pittodrie though.

Eddiepolio3

Expecting one of those boring 0-0 draws that we produce every now and then against them. Just hoping St mirren can do the same against the sheep

1 minute ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

Expecting one of those boring 0-0 draws that we produce every now and then against them. Just hoping St mirren can do the same against the sheep

I'm expecting the opposite tbh. I think Rangers will get at least a couple and that Naismith will set up to attack.

We're not a minnow of the game up here. Hopefully we approach the game without the fear that's largely been apparent every time we set foot in Glasgow. Far more at stake for us than them tonight. 

10 hours ago, Bauld said:

There's a lot of Rangers fans absolutely gutted he's leaving. 

I couldn't be more serious when I say he would be a tremendous asset. 

I don't doubt that you are serious.

But not for me.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Every player has to step up tonight and play at their peak. We can't assume our buddies from Paisley for one night only will do us a favour but good luck to them anyway. Big opportunity tonight, take it lads!

1 hour ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I agree! You’ve hit the bullseye with that statement! 🎯 

🙂

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Arfield is 34 and he would be a brilliant signing. Almost every time he has come on for Rangers this season he has turned the game in their favour. Personally, I think they are mad to not keep him another season whilst at the same time keeping Davis. If we have the chance, we should grab him as he is several levels above Haring, Kio and Grant in ability.

1 hour ago, Sid said:

Aye because Beaton will be desperate to send Morelos off at Ibrox in his last game

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So, Beaton for us at Ibrox, and our great mate Don Robertson for us on Sunday, just in case Don cant help the Dons at Pittodrie over the line tonight, fantastic

My half sister

A draw at Ibrox and a draw at Pittodrie, that gives us security against a Dons draw at Parkhead on Saturday.

Tommy Walker

Hearts are without a top-flight win at Ibrox since March 2012 and are the only side without an away win in the league in 2023.

Rangers remain unbeaten on home soil this term.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65671441

If it was...

Rangers are without a top-flight win at Tynecastle since March 2012 and are the only side without an away win in the league in 2023.

Hearts remain unbeaten on home soil this term.

... some on here might say that with a record like that Hearts would be guaranteed to lose 🤪

jamboiain13

So....this will be the 3rd time John Cheaton will have reffed us v Sevco this season alone!  Any hope we might have had this evening already gone unless we can beat the ref as well!

N Lincs Jambo

Even in our shitest of seasons we very seldom fail to take at least one point off the OF in eight games so by that logic tonight's a snorefest 0-0 as we have lost every other game to the arse cheeks this season.