Zander Clark

gregzy2k7

Looked outstanding from the highlights, looks like he kept us in it today and was a massive factor in us getting a point, Great Keeper, get his deal extended.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• Pasquale for King

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• BRY

Just now, gregzy2k7 said:

Looked outstanding from the highlights, looks like he kept us in it today and was a massive factor in us getting a point, Great Keeper, get his deal extended.

Not brilliant at the free kick. Doesn’t help when the nearest man in the wall takes his head out the way of it though.

What? His horrible positioning waved through their 2nd goal. 

He also made some good saves, but he certainly isn't deserving of gushing praise. 

He's a good keeper, and I'm happy to have him. But this was a some good some bad type game from him. Certainly not one to single out for praise IMO His performance against Hibs at Tynie though was magnificent. Once he's got a solid defence in front of him, I think we'll be laughing. Its just unfortunate neither of our CB pairing our dominant.

The fact that Zander and over last while Craig are having to make so many saves has to be questioned - 3rd biggest club yet our keepers are busier than ever when it's us that should be on the front foot - sick of us being terrible away from home it's becoming a joke now 

2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

The fact that Zander and over last while Craig are having to make so many saves has to be questioned - 3rd biggest club yet our keepers are busier than ever when it's us that should be on the front foot - sick of us being terrible away from home it's becoming a joke now 

I think this is a major issue. Craig had a few howlers before his injury but given he was making 2 or 3 world class saves per game amongst other there was always going to be an error thrown in. He's super human at times but still human. 

Clark is much the same. I think he could actually be a better all round keeper than Craig is at this point. Not the world class Gordon of old obviously. He can pull off outstanding saves when called upon. His distribution is better than Craig's ever was. Not to speak ill of a legend but his kicking has always been weak to name one. But every game our defence is posted missing at some point. Whether it's leaving gaps in open play or failing to deal with set pieces. 

I do think we suffer badly in midfield from having a pint sized defensive mid. Devlin never wins the headers, sometimes the ball even just takes a bounce and its behind him. He's a tenacious little terrier but he's just not build for defensive duties in Scotland where teams deploy the punt it over the top tactic all the ****ing time. It means if we have a defender stepping out with the ball and we lose it. A quick ball over the top and we're ****ed.

I thought Clark looked out of position for the freekick but after rewatching I am fuming at the wall not moving. 

Few saves that kept us in the game. 

tynie chris

Average keeper at best, has cost us with some howlers this season, can’t wait for Craig Gordon to get over his injury and secure the number 1 spot, but hey ho, that’s just my opinion. 

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, tynie chris said:

Average keeper at best, has cost us with some howlers this season, can’t wait for Craig Gordon to get over his injury and secure the number 1 spot, but hey ho, that’s just my opinion. 

Completely OTT in my opinion.

Before today's free kick, his only dubious moments were in the last game at Kilmarnock.

Awful against Killie. Thought he could have done better with Celtics first. I thought he could have claimed the ball when it came back in today for their first and I didn't think he covered himself in glory at their second. Decent back up keeper, i don't think he's no.1 for Hearts going forward. 

Pasquale for King

At fault for both goals, has cost us a few goals recently.
St Johnstone keeper for 12 years and nobody else wanted him. 
Bog standard saves today and has a lot to learn to be 1st choice.,

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, tynie chris said:

Spot on

The Mercer Takeover
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Woeful positioning for the freekick and cost us a goal. 

Hurry back Craig 

best in the land

Average mid table team standard keeper.

We need better for where we want to be.

Decent back up for us.

If CG doesn't recover we need to get another no1

Wow the guy really splits opinion? I thought the wall didn't help him out much for that free kick, for me he's always a 7/10 GK every week.

I'm not saying he is better than Craig Gordon but he is certainly more than good enough to play for us imo, I would definitely be keeping him. Wouldn't mind us going out and getting an upgrade on cheesy this summer though, for me (Ross Stewart) is not good enough even as a 3rd choice.

Absolute Scenes

We would’ve won that game had he decided to mark the middle of his goal instead of the corner flag

54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

At fault for both goals, has cost us a few goals recently.
St Johnstone keeper for 12 years and nobody else wanted him. 
Bog standard saves today and has a lot to learn to be 1st choice.,

A bit harsh, imho.

From where we were standing he made a couple of right good saves today.

Free kick was a stinker. You could see by the StM players approach where it was going.

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

The Treasurer

Poor at the second goal but more than made up for it with two or three great saves which turned out to be crucial 

2 hours ago, tynie chris said:

Good one! 🤣

StevenNaismith

I’ve not watched it back but how has he not come off his line to collect the header at the first goal? Guy has volleyed it in from 2 yards out.

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Only a few weeks ago, everyone raging that Angus Gunn was selected before him.

True. Football fans can be a fickle bunch. 

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

are you suggesting Hearts fans (and football fans) are fickle....never

When we do well again people will change their opinion on him again (I personally think he is fine, has made some great saves, made a few errors but he is overall decent for us.)

Japan Jambo
4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

to be fair given that he'd only just self-identified as Scottish the rage was understandable enough

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

are you suggesting Hearts fans (and football fans) are fickle....never

When we do well again people will change their opinion on him again (I personally think he is fine, has made some great saves, made a few errors but he is overall decent for us.)

That’s where I’m at, he’s decent. Even though Gordon made some errors before his injury, he’s a tough act to follow. 

Bungalow Bill

I like Zander, he could easily be at us for the rest of his career. But even if CG has dropped 10-20% he’s still our best keeper. CG to be number 1 again and Zander when CG calls it a day. 

Bungalow Bill
9 hours ago, Sherbet said:

At free kicks   why don't keepers face the ball and let the wall cover the other side 

I’ve often wondered why keepers even bother with a wall at times. Surely the keeper is the favourite to save a shot from 20-25 yards out?

47 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I’ve often wondered why keepers even bother with a wall at times. Surely the keeper is the favourite to save a shot from 20-25 yards out?

Me too. Stand aside, get out of the 'keeper's eye-line and it could be quite the exciting spectacle.

the posh bit
15 hours ago, rory78 said:

The fact that Zander and over last while Craig are having to make so many saves has to be questioned - 

It really doesn't. 

15 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Bampots calling for us to bin an International keeper.

This place :rofl:

Although I agree with you and I have been impressed with Clark, he isn’t actually an international player. He and Liam Kelly have been around the squad for years but neither has a cap. Now we have secured Angus Gunn, could be neither will get one either.

fabienleclerq

I'm more than happy with Clark, the centre of Defence and midfield defensively are the issue.  He's having far too much to do at times.

frankblack
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Me too. Stand aside, get out of the 'keeper's eye-line and it could be quite the exciting spectacle.

Yeah.

Just imagine keepers trying to save the ball when its hit so hard from outside the box they can't see it because there is no wall to stop it.

:cornette:

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yeah.

Just imagine keepers trying to save the ball when its hit so hard from outside the box they can't see it because there is no wall to stop it.

If that’s the case Frank why isn’t there goals aplenty every week from open play? 

frankblack
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If that’s the case Frank why isn’t there goals aplenty every week from open play? 

Because you don't just get free shots at goal against well-organised professional teams with all the time to set yourself. *

* Apart when you play us of course 😭

Edited by frankblack

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Because you don't just get free shots at goal against well-organised professional teams with all the time to set yourself. *

* Apart when you play us of course 😭

🤣 very true Frank. 

BRAVEHEART1874

Thought he was too far over to the one side. But like me probly wondering wtf the wall ddn't even jump :(

18 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Apart from the free kick.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Yeah.

It was in jest (there are other more important factors). You do realise that 'keepers save penalties?

Also, you might wish to brush up on the laws of physics if you think that a ball reaching the 'keeper would be going faster from 20, 25, or 30 yards than it does from 12.

Just sayin'. 👍

Dougie Masterton
21 hours ago, livi said:

Agree he had a good game but his positioning at the free kick is questionable ☹️

Not one player in the wall jumped. If they had, they don’t score.