**** Heart Of Midlothian V Celtic **** Official Match Thread

Masonic

On 25/04/2023 at 11:57, Pans Jambo said:

Exactly. For how much longer are the Hearts board going to put up with this? 

We don't need their money, we can fill the ground ourselves!

THIS IN SPADES 👍

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Marvin

THIS IN SPADES 👍

THIS IN SPADES 👍

Bob Loblaw

Celtic may well win tomorrow, they are the best team in the league by miles. However, if they are to do so all I want from us is to not make it easy for them to do so. No daft early goals conceded and have a go at that defence.

Naismith will set us up to attack. It’s our biggest strength and we’re at home.

Will be interesting to see if the defensive setup changes though - too many times in these games this season Hearts players are static, marking empty space. 

1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I've got a feeling we'll get something tomorrow. Think Naismith will get the most out of the players. 

I certainly think we’ll look to be more positive and try to get forward, however I fear we open up too much and concede, the players panic then revert back to what’s been drilled into them for the last couple of years and start their side to side passing with none of them taking responsibility.

Watt-Zeefuik

I feel like sometimes we get too down with despair about beating the OF then overreact by getting too hyped up with hope for a result this time around. This will be a hard task by any measure, but I am hopeful that it's a hard task that our squad is finally up to.

To me the biggest change Naismith has implemented is to get some joy back into the squad and into the football. I hope that's apparent again tomorrow.

August Landmesser
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

0-5

Celtic to score 2 within the first ten mins.

We rally, hit the post or something, then they break and score a third by 30 mins.

Two more goals second half in what turns out to be a training session.

Managing expectations beautifully there. Keeping us all on the straight and narrow 

Jambof3tornado

Be great to spoil the party.

But highly unlikely.

3 down and the sickening sight of the hoops partying will see the ground empty rapidly.

The players will be right up for this. I expect us to fight for everything and not give Celtic any time on the ball. If we take our chances we can get something. 

A game like the last league game against them, would be good, but with Hearts winning 4-3, just for a change....

plus the sheep get beat, that'll do nicely.

Can but dream.....

HHGH 

SectionDJambo

Years of witnessing all sorts of shenanigans going on in Scottish football, especially when the uglies are involved, has turned me into an old cynic. I don't see any way that we will get a fair shake from the officials today. There's no way the SFA/SPFL will want to take a chance on Celtic tying up the league at Ibrox. The surprise is that they've set the fixtures out to have them playing each other so early in the split, so as to make it possible. 

That said, let's hope that we give Celtic a game this time and show that we can finish this up and down season in some style. It will certainly be interesting to see how Steven Naismith sets us up and how motivated the players are to get stuck in from the off.

We’ve all seen the script before however I don’t think we’ve had a manager with the

enthusiasm and passion shown by Naisy before. Could mention stendel but he was clueless so he doesn’t count.  I hope he’s got them fired up and if we’re still in the game at halftime then I believe we can cause an upset or at least get a point.

We really need to go for it and go all out in our next 5 games.  We deserve nothing less. If we play with the same intensity we showed first half against Zurich then there no reason we couldn’t take 13 points from 15. Maybe wishful thinking but the only team that have beaten us this year is ourselves imo. 

PS. After watching the full 90 mins from Easter Rd yesterday I wondered how on earth we lost to st liedown as they are rank rotten and a 2-1 defeat flattered them. If it comes down to less then 3 points for third place then our 2-0 home defeat will stick in my throat for a long time. 

My prediction is a 2-2 draw today (as long as Andy Halliday is nowhere near the starting 11) 

Edited by SMJ_1874

leipzig76
10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

THIS IN SPADES 👍

What is the script from stewards and police going to be if some of the smellies are caught sitting in Hearts parts of the ground ? There are sure to be some of them who won't be able to sit on their hands for 90 minutes

The Treasurer
49 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Years of witnessing all sorts of shenanigans going on in Scottish football, especially when the uglies are involved, has turned me into an old cynic. I don't see any way that we will get a fair shake from the officials today. There's no way the SFA/SPFL will want to take a chance on Celtic tying up the league at Ibrox. The surprise is that they've set the fixtures out to have them playing each other so early in the split, so as to make it possible. 

That said, let's hope that we give Celtic a game this time and show that we can finish this up and down season in some style. It will certainly be interesting to see how Steven Naismith sets us up and how motivated the players are to get stuck in from the off.

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing. There is no way they will want to risk the chance of them clinching the title at Ibrox. Having Collum on VAR is definitely their wee safety net 

Absolute Scenes

They are missing Carter Vickers and Johnson today so are definitely more vulnerable at the back. Get it exploited, use Ginos pace and Odas trickery

41 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

We’ve all seen the script before however I don’t think we’ve had a manager with the

enthusiasm and passion shown by Naisy before. Could mention stendel but he was clueless so he doesn’t count.  I hope he’s got them fired up and if we’re still in the game at halftime then I believe we can cause an upset or at least get a point.

We really need to go for it and go all out in our next 5 games.  We deserve nothing less. If we play with the same intensity we showed first half against Zurich then there no reason we couldn’t take 13 points from 15. Maybe wishful thinking but the only team that have beaten us this year is ourselves imo. 

PS. After watching the full 90 mins from Easter Rd yesterday I wondered how on earth we lost to st liedown as they are rank rotten and a 2-1 defeat flattered them. If it comes down to less then 3 points for third place then our 2-0 home defeat will stick in my throat for a long time. 

My prediction is a 2-2 draw today (as long as Andy Halliday is nowhere near the starting 11) 

Youre Stendel point is half valid. Not sure he was clueless btw, case of decent guy, wrong time imo.

Anyway, his method did ok against OF. Got a pumping early doors i think but didnt he beat Rangers? Twice?! Mighta made that up!! Haha

Point is, its a long odds shot, and maybe just maybe going pedal to the metal is the way to do it.

What i think and hope Naisy will set up is a solid 5/6 with good shape off the ball, and 4/pressing hard. And then similar to Ross Co on the ball, ie play into Shanks and Gino and get runners buzzing around. Lets see if we can put the shitters up them.

This is sacrilege but the more important result today is the Aberdeen one. We NEED them to get beat, whereas anything we get is a bonus (unless we match positive results but thats hugely unlikely)

33 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Youre Stendel point is half valid. Not sure he was clueless btw, case of decent guy, wrong time imo.

Anyway, his method did ok against OF. Got a pumping early doors i think but didnt he beat Rangers? Twice?! Mighta made that up!! Haha

Point is, its a long odds shot, and maybe just maybe going pedal to the metal is the way to do it.

What i think and hope Naisy will set up is a solid 5/6 with good shape off the ball, and 4/pressing hard. And then similar to Ross Co on the ball, ie play into Shanks and Gino and get runners buzzing around. Lets see if we can put the shitters up them.

This is sacrilege but the more important result today is the Aberdeen one. We NEED them to get beat, whereas anything we get is a bonus (unless we match positive results but thats hugely unlikely)

I’m still hurting about the whole stendel thing tbh so don’t take it personal. That whole episode of Levein hanging around like a bad smell just showed our club up to be lacking moral fibre, ethics, principals any semblance of an idea of how to get out of our own mess.

Daniels trouble is he couldn’t see how bad we really were at the time and the two goals we lost in the first 15 mins against Hamilton emphasise this. His signings outwith Boycie in the January window didn’t do him any favours either and the demotion probably done us a favour with his contract termination. Also the way it was handled was very poor. No one shoots themselves in the foot quite like us but it’s water under a bridge so we move now. 

Like you I only care for a 3rd place finish even though I wanted a draw at Easter road yesterday. I also hope Hibs beat the sheep next week as it gives them hope for a 4th place finish so they’ll be going all out for a win. We have to take care of our own business first though and by that it means 4 wins and a draw to guarantee 3rd place and hope that the sheep slip up somewhere along the line.

Will also be hoping the hun don’t just beat them today but smash them and send them into a downward trajectory. To think they could be 3rd with the crisis they’ve had is more a testament to our own Jekyll and Hyde season which will sting for a long time. I’ve got feelings of deja vu going back all the way to season ending 86 and if that happens, it’ll ruin the whole summer for a lot of us never mind a qualifier in the ECL to soothe the pain. 

Ricardo Quaresma

All shitebags on this thread are now on ignore

If we don't win today it's permanent

👁️ 👁️

pettigrewsstylist

Difficult one today. 

They may well expect us to come out gung ho and just look to counter us heavily and rapidly to "put us to bed" early.

With their missing personell though....has to be a chance of something today.

Celtic favourites to win today but I fully expect Naesmith to have the guys up for it, give Celtic a game, and make them fight for it. We do beat them occasionally so perhaps today's the day.

skinnybob72
13 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I've got a feeling we'll get something tomorrow. Think Naismith will get the most out of the players. 

Me too - hammered. As usual. ☹️

Was interesting to hear Naismith speak at the player sponsorship event on Tuesday night. 

We will attack Celtic and cause them problems. He also expects that there will be times when we have to do a lot of defending.  He knows what the fans expect and that is an attacking Hearts team. 

Go for it 1308
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

0-5

We rally, hit the post or something, then they break and score a third by 30 mins.

That's the spirit 🙃🙂

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Was interesting to hear Naismith speak at the player sponsorship event on Tuesday night. 

We will attack Celtic and cause them problems. He also expects that there will be times when we have to do a lot of defending.  He knows what the fans expect and that is an attacking Hearts team. 

I hope so, most importantly we need to be solid and still be in the game at 70 mins.

Edited by kingantti1874

Go for it 1308

We all know it should never have come to this situation in the first place, regarding finishing 3rd. We were comfortable by a country mile sitting in 3rd at one point. Its now turned into a car crash and I think we all have a good idea who's to blame for that. Ffs Heart of Midlothian , have go at them...put them on the back foot....don't give them time on the ball and when we have to...stay switched on and defend like **** ......2 - 1 to the Famous 

AC Mallin_51

The most important thing is do the god damn basics and do them well. Look at some of the goals we’ve conceded to the old firm this year. If we want any chance we can’t do silly things like losing our man at a set piece or corner

Skacelsid

We have players that can cause Celtic problems, they are not great at the back. But those players need a solid, organised, disciplined base to work from. I expect a 4 with 2 sitting midfielders. We cannot afford the likes of Atkinson to be continually caught out in forward areas, wandering back in his own time, meaning any shape just goes out the window, that would be exploited, his first priority needs to be defensive. The four forward of that six are well capable of causing problems but we need to get it to them quickly and turn them. Sitting in and containing will not work, we must carry a threat.

skinnybob72
11 hours ago, jonesy said:

0-5

You’ve watched us play Celtic before haven’t you? 😜

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, rmreido said:

A game like the last league game against them, would be good, but with Hearts winning 4-3, just for a change....

plus the sheep get beat, that'll do nicely.

Can but dream.....

HHGH 

Doubt VAR or Cammy could get us those breaks again in my lifetime.

Clark, Cochrane, Rowles, Sibbick, Atkinson, Grant, Devlin, Haring, Ginnelly, Shankland, McKay. 

Any thoughts?

number-16
1 minute ago, Cynic said:

Clark, Cochrane, Rowles, Sibbick, Atkinson, Grant, Devlin, Haring, Ginnelly, Shankland, McKay. 

Any thoughts?

I think this should be in the match thread

One thing I’m sure Naismith will want to avoid is dallying with the ball around our 18 yard box and playing too many recycled passes, which was common under Neilson.  

He’s certainly looking to move the ball quicker from the back through midfield (going by the evidence against RC) but it will take courage and no one hiding to make it work v the best team in the country.  It’s easier v Ross County but we need to stand up against stronger players and try to play our own game.  

Edited by Debut 4

Team today?

Any thoughts?

Just now, Cynic said:

Team today?

Any thoughts?

I would swap out Grant, put Oda in and re- shuffle to suit. Oda has good pace to get in  behind their defence 👍

♥️♥️G♥️

Right Hearts if you want to stand any chance of getting 3rd we need to get in their faces from k.o. we need to take the game to them. All we need to unsettle them is to get an early goal and don't let them back into it.

11 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Any thoughts?

Grant?? Why?

Polonia Gorgie

In my mind, Celtic would love to win the league at Ibrox. So for me 2:1 win for the jambos and Celtic to take it next week

Had a dream we won 2-0 and they missed a penalty. 

Put your mortgage on it. 😂