• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Marvin

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

**** Celtic and their title party. 

This. It'll be run through of the whole cringy song book, with the green brigade fud on drums and some political sloganeering and smoke bomb display. Please let us win......

41 minutes ago, Mister T said:

This. It'll be run through of the whole cringy song book, with the green brigade fud on drums and some political sloganeering and smoke bomb display. Please let us win......

Exactly. For how much longer are the Hearts board going to put up with this? 

We don't need their money, we can fill the ground ourselves!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Exactly. For how much longer are the Hearts board going to put up with this? 

We don't need their money, we can fill the ground ourselves!

Erm, not normally against them sadly.

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think more would attend if we cut their numbers.  They are vile and only brave due to the lack of police involvement which is directly linked to the number of them.  Fewer green bigots solved a lot of this.

This game is huge for us. A two point gap with four games to play would be brilliant with Aberdeen still to come to Tynecastle. 

I’m quietly confident about getting the three points, I’m actually more wary about the trip to paisley tbh :lol:

Say What Again
4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I’m quietly confident about getting the three points, 

And then we'll go 0-2 down inside 8 minutes :(😆

Edited by Say What Again

We really need to play our part in the stands for this game. We need to create that pit of an atmosphere from the moment the players come out. Boo Celtic and get right on top of them the moment they get the ball and get right behind our players.

It could help make the difference.

upgotheheads

There was no ideal sequence of fixtures for us but the fact that we have Aberdeen at home and Aberdeen play Celtic at Parkhead on the last day is in our favour, there's no way that Celtic will want to leave their fans with a defeat over the close season. H1B5 on the last day at home will be a cracker, and St Mirren in Paisley will be tough for us. It's unfortunate that Aberdeen have St Mirren at home, Saints are a much tougher prospect on their own ground. 

At least we know what we have to do, and after Saturday We are in a much better place approaching these fixtures, I would have had no confidence if Robbie had still been here playing that  horrible system.

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Confident we could if we announced the unwashed weren't getting any tickets.

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

**** Celtic and their title party. 

Reporting Scotland's only mention of the fixtures is that Celtic can win the title at Tynecastle.  FFS

Glad that they'll have a small allocation in the School End, they'll no doubt infiltrate the home end due to hospitality and soft as shite Hearts Supporters helping them out but this will be a cracker... over to you 'Naisy, Gogs and Frank.

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

We simply need to get stuck in, nothing to lose, anything is a bonus

Been trying to think if a point is any use at all.  Be a pretty specific scenario for it to be likely to have an affect.

Say we gain a point and Aberdeen lose.  So it's 4 points now.

What it now means is that if Aberdeen draw against Hibs AND St Mirren, it means if we beat those two, we actually only need a draw against Aberdeen when we play them.  So it could matter.

It'd also provide confidence, which is going to be important.  If we get a point or even play well in defeat and Aberdeen get pumped, it'll be interesting to see the reactions going in to second game of split

We have taken 0 points against the OF this season, about time we put that right and had a real go at them. I don't mean all out attack, I mean press them aggressively, get in their faces and play with high intensity. If we play like that and lose then so be it, they have better players so nothing is given. It's the going down without a fight that I have had enough of against both of them. 

I actually thought we played very well at Parkhead in the first half the last time and controlled the ball very well. Just a couple of times switching off cost us. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

We have taken 0 points against the OF this season, about time we put that right and had a real go at them. I don't mean all out attack, I mean press them aggressively, get in their faces and play with high intensity. If we play like that and lose then so be it, they have better players so nothing is given. It's the going down without a fight that I have had enough of against both of them. 

I actually thought we played very well at Parkhead in the first half the last time and controlled the ball very well. Just a couple of times switching off cost us. 

We've done that twice against Celtic this season to be fair.  Once at Tynie, once through there.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

There was no ideal sequence of fixtures for us but the fact that we have Aberdeen at home and Aberdeen play Celtic at Parkhead on the last day is in our favour, there's no way that Celtic will want to leave their fans with a defeat over the close season. H1B5 on the last day at home will be a cracker, and St Mirren in Paisley will be tough for us. It's unfortunate that Aberdeen have St Mirren at home, Saints are a much tougher prospect on their own ground. 

At least we know what we have to do, and after Saturday We are in a much better place approaching these fixtures, I would have had no confidence if Robbie had still been here playing that  horrible system.

There's potentially a cup final the weekend after (if they beat Rangers on Sunday), which could change this dynamic.

2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

This game is huge for us. A two point gap with four games to play would be brilliant with Aberdeen still to come to Tynecastle. 

I’m quietly confident about getting the three points, I’m actually more wary about the trip to paisley tbh :lol:

This. I'm starting to get some hope that we'll pick up a result against Celtic.

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, number-16 said:

There's potentially a cup final the weekend after (if they beat Rangers on Sunday), which could change this dynamic.

True, but they won't want to go into that on the back of a defeat to Aberdeen. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Been trying to think if a point is any use at all.  Be a pretty specific scenario for it to be likely to have an affect.

Say we gain a point and Aberdeen lose.  So it's 4 points now.

What it now means is that if Aberdeen draw against Hibs AND St Mirren, it means if we beat those two, we actually only need a draw against Aberdeen when we play them.  So it could matter.

It'd also provide confidence, which is going to be important.  If we get a point or even play well in defeat and Aberdeen get pumped, it'll be interesting to see the reactions going in to second game of split

I think thats the key, we need a momentum swinger, something that creates doubt and hesitation, anxiety. It can happen, probably unlikely but you have to try to do exert pressure

Never a fan of these threads starting too early.  Over the next few days, we'll go from no hopers to sneaking a draw, to sneaking a win, to pumping them, to winning 8-0, and the expectation will get out of hand :lol:

We need a point at minimum from this game if we're going to reel Aberdeen in, and have to hope that they have a horrid time with their last 5 games.  With the game against them coming at home, we want to be in a position where we are going above them with a result. That will be huge for us. 

We simply cannot afford to lose a game and sit there hoping that Aberdeen also do the same when it's their turn.  That's what we were needing on Sunday and it didn't happen. 

We need to go into the last 5 games with the mentality of making up for the absolute nightmare we've had over the past 2 months. If we have any hope of getting back to third place, we're going to need at least 11 points, assuming that Aberdeen are going to beat Hibs and St Mirren. 

Pasquale for King

It will be interesting to see if SN keeps the same attacking lineup, do we have anyone who can come in and help us keep up the same level of performance as none of the subs made things better on Saturday. 

I am going to miss the game as we are on holiday. A bit bitter sweet moment, on the one hand I will not miss those cretins celebrating if they win, on the other hand I will be gutted to miss it if we pump them. Still "Mon the Hearts".

Edited by micole

All I want is a performance with no fear against this lot, yes they are miles ahead of everyone, but that doesn’t mean you need to be scared of them and that starts with tactics…get wired in, hand them nothing.

On 25/04/2023 at 12:46, Say What Again said:

And then we'll go 0-2 down inside 8 minutes :(😆

It's ok Robbie's gone now.  😉

They’re definitely weakened with Hatate and Jota injured. Not sure how long they’re out for and if they’ll play. But either way I fancy us to pick up some sort of result here. Why not.

1 hour ago, Masonic said:

hope ur interview went well

Yeah all good. I'm expecting a 2nd one so see how it goes. Cheers. 

Aussie Jambo

As the sheep proved.. it is possible to beat the old firm. We know the tactics now. Take out the Japanese boys and Mooy. Give them it tight from the get go. Stop pandering to these soap dodgers. If we want to win this we will. Goals by us will shut the vermin up in the stand. More noise we make the less noise they do. After last week if we play like that then yes we will be in with a chance. Just don’t let them settle with the ball and just attack them any chance we get b

I'm sick of us conceding after 2 mins against the Tic! (that cup game really annoyed me) do that and we might have an outside chance of getting something,we are past due a result against that scummy lot as well.

Aussie Jambo

I’ve actually now got a funny feeling that Celtic will play the worst team they have so we can beat them, just so they can win the league against Rangers? 🤷‍♂️

Clerry Jambo
10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

They’re definitely weakened with Hatate and Jota injured. Not sure how long they’re out for and if they’ll play. But either way I fancy us to pick up some sort of result here. Why not.

Won’t post link but both expected to play this weekend at hampdump

We have to beat Rangers and get at least a point against the Dublin mob. Rangers owe Aberdeen a hiding,  as we do Hibs. It's not all doom and gloom.......... Naisy's the man.....!

AC Mallin_51
43 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I’ve actually now got a funny feeling that Celtic will play the worst team they have so we can beat them, just so they can win the league against Rangers? 🤷‍♂️

Believe it or not I think both sides of the old firm are indeed petty enough to do that. Don’t think they will but I wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest if they did 

Edited by AC Mallin_51

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

As the sheep proved.. it is possible to beat the old firm. We know the tactics now. Take out the Japanese boys and Mooy. Give them it tight from the get go. Stop pandering to these soap dodgers. If we want to win this we will. Goals by us will shut the vermin up in the stand. More noise we make the less noise they do. After last week if we play like that then yes we will be in with a chance. Just don’t let them settle with the ball and just attack them any chance we get b

Aberdeen got pumped the first half v Rangers and only poor finishing and luck kept them from being 2 or 3 nil down.

They then scored a outrageous fluke then doubled down and finished them off, by the end Rangers were thinking of the sc semi final. 

We'll need to defend well and get that bit luck as well.

No idea why folk think when a team gets a result v the OF it shows the way ti beat them, it's far more ti do with them having an off day and usupassung up a shit load of chances.

Aberdeen,  at 1-0 did defend well and scored a cracker of a second but 1st half they were completely out played and over ran for most of it.

Bazzas right boot
On 25/04/2023 at 14:57, upgotheheads said:

True, but they won't want to go into that on the back of a defeat to Aberdeen. 

And they might be protecting a season long unbeaten home record. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aberdeen got pumped the first half v Rangers and only poor finishing and luck kept them from being 2 or 3 nil down.

They then scored a outrageous fluke then doubled down and finished them off, by the end Rangers were thinking of the sc semi final. 

We'll need to defend well and get that bit luck as well.

No idea why folk think when a team gets a result v the OF it shows the way ti beat them, it's far more ti do with them having an off day and usupassung up a shit load of chances.

Aberdeen,  at 1-0 did defend well and scored a cracker of a second but 1st half they were completely out played and over ran for most of it.

I agree with this.

Aberdeen get a win where they were overran for large spells and suddenly it's "see, why do we settle for not beating them?". In reality, that's the first points either of the Glasgow teams have dropped to someone outside themselves since November.  It is a very tall order. Not impossible obviously, but we need to play well, get the rub of the green and they need to have an off day.

The White Cockade

I’m afraid stories of Celtic looking to wait to sun the title against Rangers are pure fantasy 

Playing then first day s the worst possible outcome for us

They will be at full strength busting a gut to win the league

Then once it’s won they can play squad players in the rest of the games bar Rangers

Couldn’t have worked out worse for us 

To be honest I’d settle for fourth 

Aberdeen would have to implode for us to get third and I just can’t see it

Just make sure we finish above Hibs

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I’m afraid stories of Celtic looking to wait to sun the title against Rangers are pure fantasy 

Playing then first day s the worst possible outcome for us

They will be at full strength busting a gut to win the league

Then once it’s won they can play squad players in the rest of the games bar Rangers

Couldn’t have worked out worse for us 

To be honest I’d settle for fourth 

Aberdeen would have to implode for us to get third and I just can’t see it

Just make sure we finish above Hibs

Maybe, but if Celtic are unbeaten at home by the time they play Aberdeen on the last game they won't want to lose that.

Comes back to us beating them and putting that doubt in their mind and also getting as many points on the board.

Hibs will want to beat them for 3rd /4th as well.

So all is not lost.

Just let's get a good performance in.  Let's do them and look to the next game.

I don't give a flying hooja about Celtic, but really do hope we can put a fly in their Champions hopes for the game at Tynecastle

Cumon the JT's😍