**** Heart Of Midlothian V Celtic **** Official Match Thread

Masonic

Maybe they will want to win at Ibrox. :whistling: 😁🤣 

Seriously tho, just get fecking intae tham, do that, we'll be fine.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Marvin

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 25/04/2023 at 19:50, Pasquale for King said:

It will be interesting to see if SN keeps the same attacking lineup, do we have anyone who can come in and help us keep up the same level of performance as none of the subs made things better on Saturday. 

One concern I have is that he does appear to suggest that he will change the team/approach depending on opponent.

Robbie did this first time round and got slated for overthinking and that we should impose our style on other teams.

Then he tried to do that this time round but got slated (😂) as it showed stubbornness and no plan B.  It appears  though that this adherence to one style of play was less effective than tweaking things depending on your opponent.

All we need to do is avoid any injuries. Get the first goal because Celtic are going to batter us. Then at 1-0 they'll have no choice but to attack leaving them open at the back for a possible 2nd. Not too much to ask.

Horatio Caine
36 minutes ago, Marvin said:

All we need to do is avoid any injuries. Get the first goal because Celtic are going to batter us. Then at 1-0 they'll have no choice but to attack leaving them open at the back for a possible 2nd. Not too much to ask.

Yep. Sounds easy enough. Piece of piss....

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

One concern I have is that he does appear to suggest that he will change the team/approach depending on opponent.

Robbie did this first time round and got slated for overthinking and that we should impose our style on other teams.

Then he tried to do that this time round but got slated (😂) as it showed stubbornness and no plan B.  It appears  though that this adherence to one style of play was less effective than tweaking things depending on your opponent.

I suppose you only get criticism when the changes don’t work, as long as we play with the same energy and quickness that we used at the weekend, thats all we can ask against them. The 4-3 loss for instance was one of our best performances of the season. 

Ex member of the SaS

Aberdeen showed how to approach this game. High tempo in their faces, harrying their defense and stopping them spraying passes around.

The bigot twins play the same way every game as most teams sit in allowing them the run of the park. Once they get past the half way line they have players running around waiting for a pass or cross field lob. If the forwards and mids do their job and take the ball from them before the half way line then the route to goal is much shorter.

Many saying teams can't keep up a high tempo game for 90 minutes, but I say any athlete worth his salt should be able to run around for 90+ minutes. Tennis players play high tempo for three hours or more.

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Aberdeen showed how to approach this game. High tempo in their faces, harrying their defense and stopping them spraying passes around.

The bigot twins play the same way every game as most teams sit in allowing them the run of the park. Once they get past the half way line they have players running around waiting for a pass or cross field lob. If the forwards and mids do their job and take the ball from them before the half way line then the route to goal is much shorter.

Many saying teams can't keep up a high tempo game for 90 minutes, but I say any athlete worth his salt should be able to run around for 90+ minutes. Tennis players play high tempo for three hours or more.

They can't all yomp 20 miles with a full Bergen like your old job. Pussies nowadays.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Aberdeen never high pressed or got in their faces.

Did you watch the game?

Almost completely over ran in the first,  Rangers dominated the first half and 

passed up great opportunities.

2nd half the scored a fluke,  then done well to get a second, Rangers then gave up with nothing to play for and a sf this week.

" run around"....ffs.

Tennis players don't play football.

Ridiculous comparison,  why use a marathon runner or an Iron man finisher?

Even with Tennis  some players have far more stamina than others. They all aren't the same.

5 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Aberdeen were extremely fortunate in that recent match. They barely touched the ball or got out their own half, in the 1st half and Rangers missed two or three glaring chances. Game should have been over at HT were it not for rangers profligacy. 

Once Scales 2nd half cross went in though, they found an extra bit of energy and finished strongly.

I think the best template for us to play the uglies is that 3-4 game earlier this season.

I fully expect a high tempo in the up coming match. We have lost 14 on the bounce to the OF. To win, we will need that tempo, aggression and confidence in and out of possession. We will need to be clinical and hope Celtic are not. Let’s av it 🇱🇻

On 25/04/2023 at 11:04, Masonic said:

lets get this W and see if we can get closer to aberdeen and still get 3rd!

We always lose when you start the thread 😞 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

We always lose when you start the thread 😞 

apart from last week you dini get 6-1s fae tartehmidlothian threads

Just now, Masonic said:

apart from last week you dini get 6-1s fae tartehmidlothian threads

Did you start that one ? I thought that was some one else 😄 

Bucked the trend then 🙂 

Ex member of the SaS
12 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Aberdeen were extremely fortunate in that recent match. They barely touched the ball or got out their own half, in the 1st half and Rangers missed two or three glaring chances. Game should have been over at HT were it not for rangers profligacy. 

Once Scales 2nd half cross went in though, they found an extra bit of energy and finished strongly.

I think the best template for us to play the uglies is that 3-4 game earlier this season.

I fully expect a high tempo in the up coming match. We have lost 14 on the bounce to the OF. To win, we will need that tempo, aggression and confidence in and out of possession. We will need to be clinical and hope Celtic are not. Let’s av it 🇱🇻

What we need is a commentator to mention the 14 losses, it seems to work with teams playing against us who haven't won in ages😜

Clark 

Hill Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Haring

Oda.                          McKay 

Shankland

Gino 

4-3 Hearts. 

Allowayjambo1874
17 hours ago, Masonic said:

It’s the copper falling when he starts celebrating that always catches my eye. Once you see it you can never let it go! 

1 minute ago, Vin1874 said:

If we beat Celtic and Aberdeen lose to rangers 3rd is in our hands simple as that.

Rangers will be out to save face and will give Scaberdeen a spanking.

If Celtic are choosing to rest Carter-Vickers now, and it does sound like there's an element of choice here, then you'd hope they choose to rest/rotate a few more next weekend too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Never found them resting players worked for us. We need to fire in and forget about looking beyond ourselves 

Gorgierools

Forget thinking about what they may or not be feeling, considering or planning. Plan for them to be at their very best,head and shoulders above the rest of the league, and accept that we'll have to play to our very best.

Then,and only then, will we have a chance of beating them.

On 27/04/2023 at 21:26, Sooks said:

Did you start that one ? I thought that was some one else 😄 

Bucked the trend then 🙂 

who done the 3-0 thread at easter road? u didnt like that either did u :D

Selkirkhmfc1874

Got tickets for Gorgie Suite pre match for this game so looking forward to that and I'm looking forward to seeing how Naismith tackles this game , hopefully in there faces and on the front foot from first whistle

number-16
5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Got tickets for Gorgie Suite pre match for this game so looking forward to that and I'm looking forward to seeing how Naismith tackles this game , hopefully in there faces and on the front foot from first whistle

Hopefully it's the managerial equivalent of how he tackled Scott Brown

Wee Mikey
44 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Come OAN, stadium announcer ... get that on the big screens pre-match.

Top tackling ...

33 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Come OAN, stadium announcer ... get that on the big screens pre-match.

Top tackling ...

Correct. A perfectly timed tackle. 

Only thing wrong with it was that it wasn’t two footed. 

Wee Mikey
10 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Correct. A perfectly timed tackle. 

Only thing wrong with it was that it wasn’t two footed. 

In Naisy's defense, he got the baw(s). 🤭

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, number-16 said:

Blooming heck nearly 5 years ago give or take a few days.  Where did that time go?

If Hill plays RB we’re fkd.

I’d keep the same team if Atkinson is fit. If he’s not then I’d drop Hill in a CB and move Sibbick out wide - can’t see who else could play there apart from Neilson.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, longmalx said:

If Hill plays RB we’re fkd.

I’d keep the same team if Atkinson is fit. If he’s not then I’d drop Hill in a CB and move Sibbick out wide - can’t see who else could play there apart from Neilson.

Definitely, he can do a job at RB with that pace of his. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Has nobody mentioned their injuries, Cameron Carter-Vickers out now?

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Who will replace him?

Willie Collum

😀 

It was mentioned already.   I resisted posting a response  before but not the second time.  

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

FFFF, surely not Collum?

I was just kidding.   Although, the referee appointment isn't done yet.   I've made myself nervous now 😂 

Just checking we've not had him since Aberdeen at home.  18/1/23

Edited by HMFC01

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I was just kidding.   Although, the referee appointment isn't done yet.   I've made myself nervous now 😂 

Just checking we've not had him since Aberdeen at home.  18/1/23

Not sure there is a good ref for playing them; who was ref for the 1-1 against 'well?

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Not sure there is a good ref for playing them; who was ref for the 1-1 against 'well?

Referee:John Beaton

AR1

Alan Mulvanny

AR2

Colin Drummond

Fourth Official

Graham Grainger

VAR

Mike Roncone

AVAR

John McCrossan.  

Celtic v Motherwell 1-1

Gundermann
30 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Has nobody mentioned their injuries, Cameron Carter-Vickers out now?

Who else is out injured?  And what other £multmillion players will replace them....?

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Who else is out injured?  And what other £multmillion players will replace them....?

I'll have a look shortly

On 30/04/2023 at 15:50, Vin1874 said:

If we beat Celtic and Aberdeen lose to rangers 3rd is in our hands simple as that.

This. 2 points in it leads to a drooling but nervy end to the season.

No chance those clowns would take 4000+ to the likes of Florence.

Mon the Gorgie ♥️

Ricardo Quaresma
56 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Who else is out injured?  And what other £multimillion players will replace them....?

48 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I'll have a look shortly

AFAICT, it's Bernabei, Ralston, Kobayashi or Welsh to do RCB

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Blooming heck nearly 5 years ago give or take a few days.  Where did that time go?

More to the point. How come Broonaldo hasn't been outed as the missing link?

Screenshot_20230501_220604_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230501_223958_Google.jpg