The Split Fixtures ( confirmed )

Gorgie_Rules

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Why would Celtic be happy about going to Tynecastle again. Absolute nonsense. And where do we go if STM come to us again. Ibrox again.

Not sure which way it is but  sure I read that  one of the Old Frm are due to play all.of the top six away and the other one  is due to pay all of the top six at home 

That clearly can't happen as each team gets a minimum of 2 home games in the split.

We will definitely play Hibs and Aberdeen at home and Rangers away.

We should play Celtic at home and St Mirren away. That might change because of the above. 

It's not about being happy going to one venue or the other it's about sorting out the mess created by the pre split Old Firm game. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Clivehunter81

Just now, ramrod said:

Not sure which way it is but  sure I read that  one of the Old Frm are due to play all.of the top six away and the other one  is due to pay all of the top six at home 

That clearly can't happen as each team gets a minimum of 2 home games in the split.

We will definitely play Hibs and Aberdeen at home and Rangers away.

We should play Celtic at home and St Mirren away. That might change because of the above. 

It's not about being happy going to one venue or the other it's about sorting out the mess created by the pre split Old Firm game. 

not quite, if we were just doing a complete reverse v the other top 6 sides celtic would have 1 home game rangers 4 home games

Just now, milky_26 said:

not quite, if we were just doing a complete reverse v the other top 6 sides celtic would have 1 home game rangers 4 home games

Yeah,  new it was something along those lines with the Old Firm games being the stumbling block.

Ricardo Quaresma

It's very likely we'll have the paisley mob at home, because that's the penalty for finishing 6th

Ricardo Quaresma

^^^^the paisley mob are also, already, the only team scheduled to play against the angeballers away

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, graygo said:

St Mirren 

Of course, forgetting Hibs gained a point on St Mirren today.  

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Its a bit ridiculous the split causes imbalances and going to teams ground 3 times a season.

I would like to get Hibs early, it would be good to put them back in their box again after last week. Still gutted about it. 

I think regardless of how the fixtures come out, 3rd will be going down to the wire. 

Yes im already taunting  the myriad of Hobbos on my FB to be " afraid , very afraid " :(     they always take the bait. :) 

9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes im already taunting  the myriad of Hobbos on my FB to be " afraid , very afraid " :(     they always take the bait. :) 

"No; be afraid ....  be very afraid."

Edited by Wee Mikey

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

"No; be afraid ....  be very afraid."

Impressed you got the film reference ! hows the blood pressure ? :) 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

i've had a go and the best i can come up with which does give all teams 19 home and 19 away is a as follows. i would be shocked if it comes out this way

Aberdeen at home to HIbs and Rangers

Celtic at home to Aberdeen and St Mirren

Hearts at home to Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs

Hibs at home to Celtic, Rangers and St Mirren

Rangers at home to Celtic, Hearts and St Mirren

St Mirren at home to Aberdeen and Hearts

Why don't you this feasible Milky?

It is done in order of finish is it not.

Would be irritating if Hibs got an extra ugly match

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Only one thing certain post split.

Neither of the uglies will get shafted.

It's done to prevent the uglies getting shafted. Feck the rest.

10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Impressed you got the film reference ! hows the blood pressure ? :) 

Blood pressure down to normal now, thanks.

One of these wee cheeky robins even sat on my leg looking for a treat (he knows me well) ... until a big bad rat popped up for a looksie. 🤣

Screenshot_20230422_184249_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230422_184304_Gallery.jpg

Stupid Sexy Flanders
22 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Last two years they have been announced the Monday after the completion of the fixtures. 

There's no reason they couldn't have been out tonight, other than the fact our game is run by glaiket bawbags. Some of us work weekends and need to get the days off! 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Blood pressure down to normal now, thanks.

One of these wee cheeky robins even sat on my leg looking for a treat (he knows me well) ... until a big bad rat popped up for a looksie. 🤣

Screenshot_20230422_184249_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230422_184304_Gallery.jpg

Lovely pic. Glad to hear your BP is back to normal range :) 

We are more likely to beat the Sheep, the Shite and the Midden at Tynecastle so if we have to go away to the 2 uglies so be it. 

Pretty mad that Celtic are only due 1 home game against the top 6 in post split fixtures, they've had a easy ride of it. 

We've been due 3 home games numerous times over the past 5-10 years and got 2 so hold little faith.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Pretty mad that Celtic are only due 1 home game against the top 6 in post split fixtures, they've had a easy ride of it. 

We've been due 3 home games numerous times over the past 5-10 years and got 2 so hold little faith.

With 5 million up for grabs, it will be difficult to justify any disparity 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

We are more likely to beat the Sheep, the Shite and the Midden at Tynecastle so if we have to go away to the 2 uglies so be it. 

Definitely our percentage call 

Just now, OTT said:

The brass neck of the GFA it really wouldn't surprise me. 

This BS split needs binned anyway. The fact that shit like this can even happen should have saw it in the bin a long time ago. 

Considering livi could still qualify for Europe but a wee line in the league table stops that wrong wrong wrong

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Why don't you this feasible Milky?

It is done in order of finish is it not.

Would be irritating if Hibs got an extra ugly match

i just dont trust the SFA/SPFL whoever makes the fixtures

What might turn out to be significant is when ourselves and Aberdeen play the OF. Playing Celtic as champions is a slightly less daunting prospect than a team needing three points to secure the title... 

Tommy Brown
9 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Considering livi could still qualify for Europe but a wee line in the league table stops that wrong wrong wrong

We all know the rules at the start of the season. You have to finish top 6 to have chance.

Not really difficult to understand, surely.

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Hasn't stopped the SPFL fecking us over in the past with three trips to Ibrox.

Aye and we accept it imagine that if it was Celtic that were told to do 3 games at Ibrox one season 

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

We all know the rules at the start of the season. You have to finish top 6 to have chance.

Oh i understand it just putting a non smart remark that i think it's a load of Barry White that OK .

6 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

The only certainty is the first game is mhanks v sevco

not a chance, if rangers win tomorrow they will be 10 points behind, meaning if the first game was the OF it would mean a celtic win would put them 13 clear with only 12 to play for i.e. winning the title at ibrox. due to that it will be the third game

2 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

There's no reason they couldn't have been out tonight, other than the fact our game is run by glaiket bawbags. Some of us work weekends and need to get the days off! 

They will want Sky to confirm which games they want and on what days and times they will be broadcast so that when the fixtures are released there will be no changes to the schedule. 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

not a chance, if rangers win tomorrow they will be 10 points behind, meaning if the first game was the OF it would mean a celtic win would put them 13 clear with only 12 to play for i.e. winning the title at ibrox. due to that it will be the third game

We shall see

kingantti1874

Hopefully Aberdeen, Hibs, Stmirren at home and rangers and Celtic away in last 2 fixtures.  

celtic last day ahead of cup final .  

Stupid Sexy Flanders
17 minutes ago, henryheart said:

They will want Sky to confirm which games they want and on what days and times they will be broadcast so that when the fixtures are released there will be no changes to the schedule. 

They could have had preliminary discussions with Sky, based on the likely outcome and different permutations. It shouldn't be too difficult, until you remember who's running things. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

The only certainty is the first game is mhanks v sevco

Doubtful, Celtic could win the league that day no matter what happens tomorrow. 

Famous 1874

I expect we’ll have:

Aberdeen, Hibs and Celtic at home along with trips to Rangers and St Mirren

Assuming Rangers beat Aberdeen tomorrow, 3 wins should see us secure third probably? Assuming we beat Aberdeen. 

julienbrellier

If we get Hibs aberdeen and St Mirren at home that’s a dream and gives us a chance to right the wrongs of our recent disgraceful results against them. I’d fancy us if that happened, Hibs at home first please 

I asked the question on chatgpt to give me the full post split fixture list and it it came out with the following schedule.  

TFH 

1 minute ago, Sid said:

I asked the question on chatgpt to give me the full post split fixture list and it it came out with the following schedule.  

TFH 

Huh?

Seaside Dave

Home to the other 3 away to old firm. Win the 3 homes and hope it's enough for 3rd and European football 

Ricardo Quaresma

One of Aberdeen, ourselves and Hibs have to have an away match to Ibrox reversed to a home match

One of Aberdeen, ourselves and Hibs have to have a home match to Parkhead reversed to an away match

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Knowing or not knowing the rules shouldn’t make it ok for any team to have less home games than an opponent. The split sucks.

Would take celtic away once they have the league done and taken foot off the gas. Just hope they get the sheep early on after the split. Could see us sneaking a vital point off them if they have nothing to play for we like a draw there when they have nothing up for grabs. 

I think as long as we pump the non old firm at home we will be fine 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It's very much in our hands. 

We can do it! 

Not yet it's not but hopefully Aberdeen drop points today and then it will be

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Knowing or not knowing the rules shouldn’t make it ok for any team to have less home games than an opponent. The split sucks.

Agreed, I hate it.

• davemclaren changed the title to The Split Fixtures ( confirmed )