The Split Fixtures ( confirmed )

Gorgie_Rules

32 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

where has it been said it will be on PPV?

I assumed that’s why it’s been moved!

Why else had it been moved, it’s not on Sky (as far as I know)?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Clivehunter81

35 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

where has it been said it will be on PPV?

The kick-off time for Hearts’ cinch Premiership post-split match against Aberdeen has been brought forward following discussions between the SPFL and the local authority.

I assumed this was Hearts request to get it on PPV …

Edited by Jambo-Fox

August Landmesser
6 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I assumed that’s why it’s been moved!

Why else had it been moved, it’s not on Sky (as far as I know)?

Beyonce is playing Murrayfield on the same day, obviously they moved it for crowd/traffic management reasons.

It might be available on PPV as a side-effect, but that wasn't the main driver of the change.

Also, *** spfl/police Scotland, useless wanks. Imagine being so bad at scheduling things that Edinburgh Council have to clean up your mess!

1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:Also, *** spfl/police Scotland, useless wanks. Imagine being so bad at scheduling things that Edinburgh Council have to clean up your mess!

Christ , Edinburgh Council clearing up mess ? That will be the rates going up 

7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The kick-off time for Hearts’ cinch Premiership post-split match against Aberdeen has been brought forward following discussions between the SPFL and the local authority.

I assumed this was Hearts request to get it on PPV …

another game missed , do not finish work till 1pm and it takes an hour to get to Tynecastle WELL DONE HEARTS looking after its supporters again.,

Dalstonjambo

I had booked trains up. Much like Ross County it’s going to hit me in the pocket again. If this was any other business I’d be fuming but because it’s Hearts I’ll suck it up and just grumble to anyone who will listen. 

I appreciate its not the clubs fault, but one minor gripe. It’s not a good look releasing communication (tweets/articles) with the word confirmed all over it relating to kick off times. 

Even yesterday the club official Twitter account had a pinned tweet with confirmed in bold and the now incorrect kick off time. They must have known this could have been an issue and put a disclaimer on the articles. 

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, whyskey said:

another game missed , do not finish work till 1pm and it takes an hour to get to Tynecastle WELL DONE HEARTS looking after its supporters again.,

'following discussions between the SPFL and the local authority.

Well I’m bored. Having such a brilliant win then a 2week break is doing my nut in. Yes once the games start it’s quick fire - but man!!! 

Tommy Brown

Got to admire you long travelling fans.

Astonished to see some of the journeys at times, but regularly too.

Well done guys.

1 hour ago, whyskey said:

Nothing to do with Hearts. 

4 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Beyonce is playing Murrayfield on the same day, obviously they moved it for crowd/traffic management reasons.

It might be available on PPV as a side-effect, but that wasn't the main driver of the change.

Also, *** spfl/police Scotland, useless wanks. Imagine being so bad at scheduling things that Edinburgh Council have to clean up your mess!

Thanks for clarification… it all seems very odd … surely Beyoncé concert was known in advance of the fixtures being decided  …  

2 hours ago, whyskey said:

the change had nothing to do with the club

Nothing to do with Hearts fella. Police and local authority made decision.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

'

following discussions between the SPFL and the local authority.

Surely Hearts were included in these discussions?

It certainly reads that way as it’s Hearts statement! 

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks for clarification… it all seems very odd … surely Beyoncé concert was known in advance of the fixtures being decided  …  

Yep, but looks like no-one in the SPFL or Police Glasgow thought to check! Muppets 

1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Yep, but looks like no-one in the SPFL or Police Glasgow thought to check! Muppets 

But surely Hearts are also complicit by not highlighting a potential issue in advance of the fixtures being agreed.

I’d have expected that Hearts have a working relationship with the authorities to discuss fixtures / potential fixtures in advance.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Of course it was known. Just the usual incompetence ...

... on the other hand ...

... maybe the vindictive SPFL wanted to shaft both sets of supporters by giving giving them plenty of time to book trains, organise family stuff etc. prior to bringing the time forward. 🤭

Either way; same result.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

But surely Hearts are also complicit by not highlighting a potential issue in advance of the fixtures being agreed.

I’d have expected that Hearts have a working relationship with the authorities to discuss fixtures / potential fixtures in advance.

Maybe they did and the SPFL just ignored them..wouldn’t surprise me at all.

it’s not Hearts that changed it ffs.  Do you even read the reasons ? It’s the police and the fact there’s 70,000 or so going to a Beyoncé concert at murrayfield later. Is it that hard to understand ???

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Exactly. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

it’s not Hearts that changed it ffs.  Do you even read the reasons ? It’s the police and the fact there’s 70,000 or so going to a Beyoncé concert at murrayfield later. Is it that hard to understand ???

Surely someone at the club has to point out to them that there are Beyonce then Harry Styles concerts happening nearby before KO times were announced? 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely someone at the club has to point out to them that there are Beyonce then Harry Styles concerts happening nearby before KO times were announced? 

Who’s to say they didn’t? SPFL only care about satisfying two teams 😕

Hearts have been very quiet on this. Could they be in agreement with the decision or are just meekly accepting it?

If Hearts were anti this decision I’d have expected them to acknowledge the inconvenience to supporters.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Who’s to say they didn’t? SPFL only care about satisfying two teams 😕

Lets hope so. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Hearts have been very quiet on this. Could they be in agreement with the decision or are just meekly accepting it?

If Hearts were anti this decision I’d have expected them to acknowledge the inconvenience to supporters.

All about the extra money ppv brings in, happy enough to change. 

John Findlay
28 minutes ago, R9. said:

Blame the SFA took days to get the fixtures out and never even noticed this before releasing them another pathetic thing they have done to add to a long list.

Nothing to do with Hearts or Aberdeen fella.

For the last time league fixture are **** all to to with the SFA. League fixtures are in the control of the SPFL. The Scottish Professional(oxymoron if ever there was one) Football League.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All about the extra money ppv brings in, happy enough to change. 

Probably!!

But why not be upfront with that being a benefit? I read that Aberdeen are claiming that as a benefit for their supporters!

It is what it is! The ‘split’ is a farce, fixtures announced with little notice and then to move the KO at even shorter notice adds insult to injury!

Better win now ….

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Jambo-Fox

SectionDJambo

The Aberdeen game situation is just another example of how Scottish football usually thinks of the paying punters last. A complete lack of forward planning and awareness by all concerned. 

I would never have imagined that an evening concert at Murrayfield could ever affect the kick off time of a Saturday afternoon Hearts v Aberdeen match.

Ford Prentice

A little perspective for those who think Scottish football is uniquely affected by such thing and therefore "a joke". Napoli's possible title winning game has been moved at the last minute because  ¨a major comic book convention, which is expected to draw big crowds, is happening in the city". https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65424841 

40 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

A little perspective for those who think Scottish football is uniquely affected by such thing and therefore "a joke". Napoli's possible title winning game has been moved at the last minute because  ¨a major comic book convention, which is expected to draw big crowds, is happening in the city". https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65424841 

Our league is tin pot because we have a stupid split in order to accommodate more old firm games and it results in bizarre scheduling and fixture issues where some times teams play more games away than at home 

5 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Got to admire you long travelling fans.

Astonished to see some of the journeys at times, but regularly too.

Well done guys.

Aye well said.

It can be hard enough supporting Hearts as it is.

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

what times does the concert start, police only have to walk round the corner, how long do you think it takes for fans to disperse from Tynecastle, there are Friday night or Sunday. this concert was known well before the fixtures were known so how come an alternative date could not be found right at the start when games were known.

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Not a regular attendee but was somehow in the Green Brigade section of Celtic Park.

That must have been nice for you? Personally I would have rather eaten my own innards. And,as I think, your an ex service man that must have been painful.

Edited by Gorgierools

August Landmesser
10 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

That must have been nice for you? Personally I would have rather eaten my own innards. And,as I think, your an ex service man that must have been painful.

He's talking about the Celtic fan in the BBC article 

August Landmesser
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It's not Hearts' responsibility to keep across crowd and traffic management for events in the city outside Tynecastle. That's purely on the cops, and in this case they clearly didn't tell the SPFL, or didn't think it worth telling the SPFL, about the concert. It was left up to the council to sort out the mess.

But any excuse for you to have a dig at the club eh?

Gorgierools
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

He's talking about the Celtic fan in the BBC article 

AHH! Apologies to my fish head matelot Jambo buddy.

Edited by Gorgierools

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Probably!!

But why not be upfront with that being a benefit? I read that Aberdeen are claiming that as a benefit for their supporters!

It is what it is! The ‘split’ is a farce, fixtures announced with little notice and then to move the KO at even shorter notice adds insult to injury!

Better win now ….

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Definitely 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

It's not Hearts' responsibility to keep across crowd and traffic management for events in the city outside Tynecastle. That's purely on the cops, and in this case they clearly didn't tell the SPFL, or didn't think it worth telling the SPFL, about the concert. It was left up to the council to sort out the mess.

But any excuse for you to have a dig at the club eh?

Yeah the club have no responsibility there 🤦🏽, you think they rely on the SPFL donkeys or the useless police for rugby dates etc 😆?!?!

Pasquale for King

what times does the concert start, police only have to walk round the corner, how long do you think it takes for fans to disperse from Tynecastle, there are Friday night or Sunday. this concert was known well before the fixtures were known so how come an alternative date could not be found right at the start when games were known.

Doors open 5pm, probably still on duty around midnight so It wouldn’t be the same police who work both events.