The Split Fixtures ( confirmed )

Gorgie_Rules

Pasquale for King
Just now, queensferryjambo said:

Oh ok, for some reason I had thought it was calcualted over a few seasons.

I suppose these yo yo clubs like Rangers, Hibs, Dundee Utd and some other team cause problems 😜

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Clivehunter81

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Rangers, Hibs and Hearts are due 3 home games. Celtic, Aberdeen and St Mirren are due 3 away.

There isn't a fixture imbalance this season, so everyone will get 19 home and away. Definitely.

Oh ffs Rangers are due 4 home and Celtic due 4 away, read the thread. 
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-face-rangers-post-split-29783985.amp

Edited by Pasquale for King
Link

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

This is wrong. St Mirren have already played 17 home games, meaning they are due 2 more, not 3. Nobody will have an excess or deficit of home games.

Also, even if that wasn't the case there are some flaws:

- "Aberdeen and St Mirren's fixtures work perfectly so can't see them changing those"... So why do you see them changing ours, which also work perfectly?

- Convention is the favour teams who have been disadvantaged in the past, as we were in 17/18 when we played 18H & 20A.

- Convention is also to apply the imbalance to teams based on ranking/how much they have to play for.

The easiest thing for them to do would be to take your fixtures but have St Mirren come to Tynecastle for a third time. That would be a win for us I think.

Apologies, you are right about St Mirren but it doesn't really change the fact that a team will be going to Parkhead 3 times and Rangers will need to go to another team 3 times.

It won't be Rangers going to Parkhead 3 times we all know that.

It won't be St Mirren as they are the only team due to play them at Parkhead.

It won't be Aberdeen as swapping that fixture would only leave Aberdeen with one home fixture.

It won't be Hibs as they are due 3 home games and currently are only due to play 2.

So I think it highly likely it will be us!

As you say, St Mirren having already played 17 games may however work in our favour as there is a good chance St Mirren will need to come to us 3 times.

We will soon find out!

Post Split Fixtures.png

LarrysRightFoot
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would you put money on us not being given another game at ER? I wouldn’t. 

Look there’s no doubting the complete incompetence and dare I say at times apparent bias in the Scottish football authorities decisions but no I don’t think they’d make us play at ER 3 times. They couldn’t handle the backlash.  

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, tamanov said:

Apologies, you are right about St Mirren but it doesn't really change the fact that a team will be going to Parkhead 3 times and Rangers will need to go to another team 3 times.

It won't be Aberdeen as swapping that fixture would only leave Aberdeen with one home fixture.

It won't be Hibs as they are due 3 home games and currently are only due to play 2.

As you say, St Mirren having already played 17 games may however work in our favour as there is a good chance St Mirren will need to come to us 3 times.

We will soon find out!

Post Split Fixtures.png

You having to go through all that just reiterates the utter shambles the split is. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Look there’s no doubting the complete incompetence and dare I say at times apparent bias in the Scottish football authorities decisions but no I don’t think they’d make us play at ER 3 times. They couldn’t handle the backlash.  

We took them to court, they handled that ok. Its unlikely but you cant rule it out. 

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

all results today mean celtic can win the title at ibrox if they put the OF game first after the split

Thats why they wait until both the OF have played their final game before the split - so they can arrange the matches so that the OF derby is not a fixture where the league can actually be won - they even admitted that this was the case so that they could avoid the potential mayhem. Example being that if Celtic are say 10 points ahead by close of play today , then the next OF game will be one of the first three matches played as its out of the way before "title day". The safest way for the league to get this right (without celtic or exrangers dropping/gaining points so not being totally certain of avoiding this problematic fixture) is by having the scum derby as the first game after the split........unless they are confident that Celtic cannot through away such a lead and make it the second fixture in - but would they risk even that unlikely scenario ?    

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Please, NOOOOO!!!!

The very thought of another bus trip to Celtic Park is anathema to me.

Left home at 16:00, departed the bus station at 16:30, got into Buchanan St ONE HOUR late after an M8 snarl-up, only got there 15 mins prior to KO, had to leg it back into GW city center post-match, and got home gone 1am.

9 bleedin' hours in total.

But ... at least our goal was a thing of beauty.

But, also ... I'd walk a million miles etc. 🤣

❤️❤️G❤️

Where do you stay Mikey?

Train to Darkheid is better option.

Or are you using a bus pass?:lol:

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oh ffs Rangers are due 4 home and Celtic due 4 away, read the thread. 
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-face-rangers-post-split-29783985.amp

You don't know what you're talking about I'm afraid.

Rangers, Hearts and Hibs have played 16 home games. Celtic, Aberdeen and St Mirren have played 17.

Some teams will have to play at venues 3 times as always but there is no imbalance. Every team will get 19 home and 19 away and that is a fact.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Where do you stay Mikey?

Train to Darkheid is better option.

Or are you using a bus pass?:lol:

Strolling distance to Tynie, but ...

... Aye ...

... 'Have bus pass; will travel'. 😁

Ideally, what we want is Celtic to win the league with three games still remaining - and we are drawn to play our two away games against the OF among those three fixtures as they have little to play for - we dont want to go to Glasgow early doors as these bar stewards will be trying their damndest ( so 2 homes followed by A/H/A) 

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We took them to court, they handled that ok. Its unlikely but you cant rule it out. 

Well they did ‘win’ however the fact they didn’t allow the court papers to released publicly said a lot IMO. 

5 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Thats why they wait until both the OF have played their final game before the split - so they can arrange the matches so that the OF derby is not a fixture where the league can actually be won - they even admitted that this was the case so that they could avoid the potential mayhem. Example being that if Celtic are say 10 points ahead by close of play today , then the next OF game will be one of the first three matches played as its out of the way before "title day". The safest way for the league to get this right (without celtic or exrangers dropping/gaining points so not being totally certain of avoiding this problematic fixture) is by having the scum derby as the first game after the split........unless they are confident that Celtic cannot through away such a lead and make it the second fixture in - but would they risk even that unlikely scenario ?    

not quite, it would not be either of the first two in that scenario as a celtic win would put them 13 clear with only 12 to play for i.e. winning it at ibrox, 

5 minutes ago, tamanov said:

We will soon find out!

Post Split Fixtures.png

👍 

The fact is Celtic is probably going to be 0 points regardless of venue but we're significantly more likely to beat St Mirren at home. Works out quite nicely for us if that's how it goes.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Rangers, Hearts and Hibs have played 16 home games. Celtic, Aberdeen and St Mirren have played 17.

Some teams will have to play at venues 3 times as always but there is no imbalance. Every team will get 19 home and 19 away and that is a fact.

I get what you mean but it happened in the past where we lost a home game so it’s not a fact, we can only wait and see how they work the fixtures out, you obviously have more faith in the SPFL than I do. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Well they did ‘win’ however the fact they didn’t allow the court papers to released publicly said a lot IMO. 

They use the rules we signed up to and will do the same thing if theres an issue. 

Tommy Brown
6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Strolling distance to Tynie, but ...

... Aye ...

... 'Have bus pass; will travel'. 😁

Fair doos 👍

I have not applied for mine since November. 

Mrs B will be next month, not happy with me.

Stick busses up yer erse, I say.:lol:

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Depends on the result today, everyone  having to wait on whats best for the uglies so they don’t bring even more shame on Scottish football. Likely to be 3rd or 4th game as they will have won the league and have last day of the season against us to get the trophy 🤦🏽

pettigrewsstylist
15 minutes ago, tamanov said:

We will soon find out!

Post Split Fixtures.png

More important to have the 3 non OF games at home. Sounds perfect?

The reasoning we got shafted last time was that we weren't top 6 the season before, so if one team gets shafted it should be st Mirren, Hibs or Aberdeen. 

However they plan it I fully expect the derby to be our first post split game, the old firm game will be the 3rd of 5 as the league should be done by then. Aberdeen will hopefully get back-to-back Old Firm games 

ScottieMac17

Guaranteed now we have some momentum we will get Celtic Away, Rangers at home first two games. 🙄 

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They use the rules we signed up to and will do the same thing if theres an issue. 

There’s no doubt that the clubs are as responsible as anyone else for the farce our league structure is. 

An independent regulator with fan representation/involvement maybe wouldn’t be the worst thing. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I get what you mean but it happened in the past where we lost a home game so it’s not a fact, we can only wait and see how they work the fixtures out, you obviously have more faith in the SPFL than I do. 

That only happened because it was a mathematical necessity. 4 out of 6 teams were due 3 home games so someone had to lose out.

Ensuring 19 home and away games is the stated first priority of the fixture generation. Arbitrarily taking a home game from us (and arbitrarily giving an extra one to someone else) definitely isn't happening.

12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

not quite, it would not be either of the first two in that scenario as a celtic win would put them 13 clear with only 12 to play for i.e. winning it at ibrox, 

aye - see what you mean - this gives them a headache - if I was being rotten I'd hope they get it wrong - but maybe making it the last game as they wont reckon Celtic could throw away that huge lead and it will be won by then ? 

6 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Guaranteed now we have some momentum we will get Celtic Away, Rangers at home first two games. 🙄 

Took the words out my mouth.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depends on the result today, everyone  having to wait on whats best for the uglies so they don’t bring even more shame on Scottish football. Likely to be 3rd or 4th game as they will have won the league and have last day of the season against us to get the trophy 🤦🏽

unless there is a Celtic collapse ? But thats one chance in a million - NO chance ............though I didnt see their draw at home yesterday - but thats maybe a good result for us as it gives rangers a very tiny sniff so they might be at it for todays trip up north (cant believe I'm saying this but I hope they win) 

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Thats the whole we have dug ourselves into. Need to find a way out.

SectionDJambo
20 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

They were falling off the upper tiers of the stands the last time a title was decided during a Celtic v Rangers game. It was at Parkhead when Rangers became champions some years ago. Hugh Dallas was also showered with coins, which caused him to suffer a cut to his head.

The SFA and SPFL will do anything to avoid a repeat and have people doubting that the fixture is wonderful and the envy of the world.

merseyjambo

Happy to get another trip to Parkhead if it means St Mirren coming to Tynecastle.

Dream Scenario

Aberdeen - H

Rangers - A 

Hibs - H 

St Mirren - H

Celtic - A

McGlynn The Money
20 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Still 10 minutes to go, but St J & Livi are conspiring to keep H1b5 in the top 6.

Grrrr .... 😆

Trying too hard.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Fair doos 👍

I have not applied for mine since November. 

Mrs B will be next month, not happy with me.

Stick busses up yer erse, I say.:lol:

Nah ... I've been enjoying my free bus-trips to Dingwall, Motherwell, Livingston, Paisley, Kilmarnock, Glasgow etc.

Oh ... and 30% off train journeys too. 😄

It might all be a bit 'Last of the Summer Wine' stuff but none of us are getting any younger.

I think I'll be off to Margate next.

21 hours ago, jonesy said:

Hasn't stopped the SPFL fecking us over in the past with three trips to Ibrox.

They are terrified that Rangers might have to paly an extra game away from Ibrox so they are working hard to try and stop this happening.

No doubt a sudden rule change might be required.

9 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Happy to get another trip to Parkhead if it means St Mirren coming to Tynecastle.

Dream Scenario

Aberdeen - H

Rangers - A 

Hibs - H 

St Mirren - H

Celtic - A

I think that's the fixtures, but I reckon the Aberdeen match will be the last home game of the season, especially if Rankgers beat them today. 

16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

interesting little table showing games played between each 4…

Doesn't make great reading for us, but all our wins have came at home and we could well play all 3 at Tynie so makes it slightly better.

LochcarronJambo
14 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Dream Scenario

Aberdeen - H

Rangers - A 

Hibs - H 

St Mirren - H

Celtic - A

Yes be happy with that, however, we rarely get that lucky

Rogue Daddy

It’ll be the same as any other season…. The uglies will be ‘sorted’ first and then **** everyone else from there. 

Rogue Daddy
21 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Eep!… but then again, only 3 of our 9 games have been at Tynie (I think!)

4 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Yes be happy with that, however, we rarely get that lucky

I have a suspicion that we'll end up playing Aberdeen as an end of the season clincher for 3rd place.

merseyjambo
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Eep!… but then again, only 3 of our 9 games have been at Tynie (I think!)

4 - St Midden have been at Tynie twice

19 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Not great, but pretty much nothing between them when you account for differences between home and away records.

We've beaten all 3 of them at home which highlights how big getting them all at Tynecastle could be.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

4 - St Midden have been at Tynie twice

You’re right 👍 had it in my head we played them twice in Paisley in Jan! 🤪

Our performance against the other is the top six is dismal.

Aberdeen    LWL

Wee Team   DWL

Rangers       LLL

Celtic           LLL

St. Mirren    DWL

3 wins out of 15 !

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, red said:

Does anyone know when these fixtures actually get released? 

I’ve a trip to plan

When they work out the headache that it is, plus get the okay from police and tv. Its normally at the start of the week after the normal season has concluded so anytime between Monday and Wednesday probably.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

20 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I think that's the fixtures, but I reckon the Aberdeen match will be the last home game of the season, especially if Rankgers beat them today. 

Agreed. I reckon the derby will be the first game after the split.

Fozzyonthefence
54 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

How is that a fact?  We’ve played 18 home, 20 away before, others have played 20 home, 18 away.  The SPFL preference is that the imbalance will be some teams play a team 3 times away or 3 times at home rather than a 20/18 split.  But it is not a fact that everyone will get a 19/19 split, history proves that. 

• davemclaren changed the title to The Split Fixtures ( confirmed )