The Split Fixtures ( confirmed )

Gorgie_Rules

Harry Potter
15 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Any idea when they are announced?

Craig Fowler of the Evening News had worked out that there is a possibility of only 3 fixtures needing changed to accommodate 19 home and away games for each team (assuming current top 6 doesnt change).

2 of them involve us - going to Parkhead again and St Mirren coming to us. I believe Rangers going to Hibs is the other.

Sounds too good to be true but would make sense.

Nothing on the BBC website, what a farce of a system, nearly 24 hours since the top 6 was decided, joke. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Clivehunter81

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Nothing on the BBC website, what a farce of a system, nearly 24 hours since the top 6 was decided, joke. 

Not quite 14 hours 39 minutes lol anyway you are right a total farce

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Not quite 14 hours 39 minutes lol anyway you are right a total farce

Cheeky😀, i was making it more farcical.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

They should have had all the scenarios already worked out based on the top six probables 

That lot that run our game could not run a bath, clowns.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Cheeky😀, i was making it more farcical.

Ha ha they are totally inept HP anyway lets hope we have the sheep st liedown and the wee team at home

AC Mallin_51
14 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Is the last game of the season usually the Saturday or Sunday? 
I see it’s the 27/28th and I am running the Edinburgh Marathon on the 28th 🤦‍♂️

According to the SPFL website top 6 are the Saturday!

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Would be good if they sorted any imbalances on a neutral ground. Anyway, The uglies away and everyone else at home please.

By it's very nature, having some teams play some games at a neutral ground would just introduce more imbalance.

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Is the last game of the season usually the Saturday or Sunday? 
I see it’s the 27/28th and I am running the Edinburgh Marathon on the 28th 🤦‍♂️

It's usually the bottom 6 games on the Saturday and the top 6 on the Sunday, with the Sunday games kicking off at lunchtime. 

FarmerTweedy
15 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

There's no reason they couldn't have been out tonight, other than the fact our game is run by glaiket bawbags. Some of us work weekends and need to get the days off! 

They need to be agreed with police and Sky too, for the scheduling. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yeah I get that too, I just think surely they could have had provisional fixtures drawn up and gone into discussions with the police and Sky based on that, with the caveat that things could change if Livingston won. I'm not saying announce fixtures before yesterday's games, but surely they could have been virtually done by now. 

Anyway, it'll not matter, I guess we'll find out tomorrow. 

Clivehunter81
16 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Yeah I get that too, I just think surely they could have had provisional fixtures drawn up and gone into discussions with the police and Sky based on that, with the caveat that things could change if Livingston won. I'm not saying announce fixtures before yesterday's games, but surely they could have been virtually done by now. 

Sfa are a farce 

25 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

They will be waiting for the sevco result today. If they get beat they can't have the of derby first game as celtic could win the league against them and we can't have that can we. 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

They will be waiting for the sevco result today. If they get beat they can't have the of derby first game as celtic could win the league against them and we can't have that can we. 

all results today mean celtic can win the title at ibrox if they put the OF game first after the split

Just now, milky_26 said:

all results today mean celtic can win the title at ibrox if they put the OF game first after the split

You're correct, I never thought that one through.

There is a very good chance that we will be going to Parkhead for a third time this season and that we will only get 2 home games after the split.  Hope I'm wrong but when you look at the fixtures for the top 6 teams, changing any other fixtures has a knock-on effect for multiple teams, so I think it is very likely that we will play Hibs and Aberdeen at home with Celtic, St Mirren and Rangers away. 

Post Split Fixtures.png

indianajones
2 minutes ago, tamanov said:

There is a very good chance that we will be going to Parkhead for a third time this season and that we will only get 2 home games after the split.  Hope I'm wrong but when you look at the fixtures for the top 6 teams, changing any other fixtures has a knock-on effect for multiple teams, so I think it is very likely that we will play Hibs and Aberdeen at home with Celtic, St Mirren and Rangers away. 

Post Split Fixtures.png

The option that will screw over HMFC will be the option they choose. 

Naturally. 

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

They will already have discussed behind the scenes with stakeholders, but If they announce anything in advance and it changes they'll get slated by folk saying they had made arrangements etc and would be accused of rigging things. It would be unprofessional and disrespectful to assume who might have made it. So they're damned either way. Better saying nothing until they're ready to announce the fixtures for definite. 

Edited by Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Naturally. 

It's a conspiracy. 

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

By it's very nature, having some teams play some games at a neutral ground would just introduce more imbalance.

Yeah it'll never be perfect. Might be slightly less imbalanced.

I actually like the split. Gives the league a unique selling point (despite the fact the powers that be are incapable of marketing our game properly) and keeps interest going rather than having dead rubber games.

10 minutes ago, tamanov said:

Post Split Fixtures.png

This is wrong. St Mirren have already played 17 home games, meaning they are due 2 more, not 3. Nobody will have an excess or deficit of home games.

Also, even if that wasn't the case there are some flaws:

- "Aberdeen and St Mirren's fixtures work perfectly so can't see them changing those"... So why do you see them changing ours, which also work perfectly?

- Convention is the favour teams who have been disadvantaged in the past, as we were in 17/18 when we played 18H & 20A.

- Convention is also to apply the imbalance to teams based on ranking/how much they have to play for.

The easiest thing for them to do would be to take your fixtures but have St Mirren come to Tynecastle for a third time. That would be a win for us I think.

28 minutes ago, tamanov said:

Post Split Fixtures.png

Please, NOOOOO!!!!

The very thought of another bus trip to Celtic Park is anathema to me.

Left home at 16:00, departed the bus station at 16:30, got into Buchanan St ONE HOUR late after an M8 snarl-up, only got there 15 mins prior to KO, had to leg it back into GW city center post-match, and got home gone 1am.

9 bleedin' hours in total.

But ... at least our goal was a thing of beauty.

But, also ... I'd walk a million miles etc. 🤣

❤️❤️G❤️

Edited by Wee Mikey

4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Happy being away to

Old Firm as would lose them anyway and home to the others 

Yup 👍

Clivehunter81
23 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

This is true, but completely irrelevant to the discussion! 

Sfa. Or whoevers job it was to get the fixtures ready 

27 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Naturally. 

History tells us that this is likely! 😏

Happy to swap our Celtic game to their shiteheap IF they treat it as a Hearts home game and we get the match-day takings. Including ST revenue.

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Happy to swap our Celtic game to their shiteheap IF they treat it as a Hearts home game and we get the match-day takings. Including ST revenue.

TBF that should have been a contingency of the split, i.e if you're awarded an improper amount of home games, the extra game ends up a 50/50 split, or the split just goes in the bin. 

Its a ridiculous system that breeds unfairness. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

They couldve had that all in place though, basic planning for any business really. 
Hundreds of thousands of folk are waiting as are business all over the country, whilst the look at how best to suit two teams. 

Tommy Brown

There was recent season where we waited about a week for them.

As someone posted earlier, there are only few scenarios to prepare for.

Anyway another reason to despise this fud.

Screenshot_20230423_120550_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Pasquale for King

The team that has the least to play for are about to celebrate a decade of existence, but are guaranteed 19 home and away. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

There have been and still are some incompetent and overpaid arseholes going around but he absolutely tops the lot 🤬

17 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Happy being away to

Old Firm as would lose them anyway and home to the others 

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

If we get either of them away should the title be already decided AND we play as we did yesterday, then our long overdue win in Glasgow may very well happen.

Celtic fluffed up yesterday, so you never know.

Och, I know, deluded happy clapper ... but I like to see the potential positives.

Never forget our less than stellar team giving the so-called 'invincibles' a doing.

I wish that I could find the Sports Personality of the Year Awards clip as that is a total belter ... but this'll do for now:-

FarmerTweedy
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The team that has the least to play for are about to celebrate a decade of existence, but are guaranteed 19 home and away. 

Everyone's guaranteed 19 home and 19 away this season! 

queensferryjambo
45 minutes ago, tamanov said:

Post Split Fixtures.png

From my recollection of previous seasons where Hearts fans got stiffed and lost a game on their season ticket they said there was some kind of formula that worked out for teams previous years placings etc.

When Hibs were going for 3rd in season 2017/18 we were stiffed again, Hibs had spent 3 years in the Championship and it was queried that it went against what was laid out in 'the rules' I am sure the answer back was Hibs were still competing for something and we weren't.

I am also a bit puzzled as to how we need to juggle fixtures as they predict who will be top 6 when they arrange the original fixtures and apart from St Mirren I would think that the other 5 sides would be predicted for top 6.

Either way there is no chance they will send us to Easter Road or Pittodrie again. I also think that as Hearts and Aberdeen are the contenders for 3rd they will definitely give both those clubs 19 home fixtures through the season.

The only variable is do we go to Celtic or St Mirren 3 times. I kind of hope it is Celtic and we get St Mirren at home again, but maybe I am being overly optimistic.

16 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

That ☝️is his good side.

Looking the other way:-

Screenshot_20230423_122101_Gallery.jpg

Rudi the Cocker Spaniel

No idea why we don't just play 2x at home and 2x away against each team. If that leads to an overall difference between home and away games so be it. Not ideal but fairer.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, tamanov said:

Post Split Fixtures.png

It does look that way and we took it twice before without a fuss so they may well do it again. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Everyone's guaranteed 19 home and 19 away this season! 

No they’re not, have you read any of the posts highlighting the issues that are involved?

LarrysRightFoot

The split and fixture imbalance is a joke. They would never dare make one of the OF go to the other 3 times, they wouldn’t make us go to Hibs (or vice Verda either) - which just goes to reinforce the farce.

Just give us an 16 or 18 team league and be done with it.  

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

From my recollection of previous seasons where Hearts fans got stiffed and lost a game on their season ticket they said there was some kind of formula that worked out for teams previous years placings etc.

When Hibs were going for 3rd in season 2017/18 we were stiffed again, Hibs had spent 3 years in the Championship and it was queried that it went against what was laid out in 'the rules' I am sure the answer back was Hibs were still competing for something and we weren't.

I am also a bit puzzled as to how we need to juggle fixtures as they predict who will be top 6 when they arrange the original fixtures and apart from St Mirren I would think that the other 5 sides would be predicted for top 6.

Either way there is no chance they will send us to Easter Road or Pittodrie again. I also think that as Hearts and Aberdeen are the contenders for 3rd they will definitely give both those clubs 19 home fixtures through the season.

The only variable is do we go to Celtic or St Mirren 3 times. I kind of hope it is Celtic and we get St Mirren at home again, but maybe I am being overly optimistic.

They organise the fixtures on last seasons placings not predictions, three of last seasons bottom 6 are in the top 6 now. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

The split and fixture imbalance is a joke. They would never dare make one of the OF go to the other 3 times, they wouldn’t make us go to Hibs (or vice Verda either) - which just goes to reinforce the farce.

Just give us an 16 or 18 team league and be done with it.  

Would you put money on us not being given another game at ER? I wouldn’t. 

Clivehunter81
57 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Please, NOOOOO!!!!

The very thought of another bus trip to Celtic Park is anathema to me.

Left home at 16:00, departed the bus station at 16:30, got into Buchanan St ONE HOUR late after an M8 snarl-up, only got there 15 mins prior to KO, had to leg it back into GW city center post-match, and got home gone 1am.

9 bleedin' hours in total.

But ... at least our goal was a thing of beauty.

But, also ... I'd walk a million miles etc. 🤣

❤️❤️G❤️

I dunno why anyone would want to go to the p**dodome and give smeltic any money unless we are doing really well ( like 2005). 

Waste of time and the ref screws you over too.  

Usual procedure is to watch it on TV untill we go 2 down then switch it off.

Clivehunter81
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would you put money on us not being given another game at ER? I wouldn’t. 

No the derby is always 2 a piece 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No they’re not, have you read any of the posts highlighting the issues that are involved?

Rangers, Hibs and Hearts are due 3 home games. Celtic, Aberdeen and St Mirren are due 3 away.

There isn't a fixture imbalance this season, so everyone will get 19 home and away. Definitely.

queensferryjambo
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They organise the fixtures on last seasons placings not predictions, three of last seasons bottom 6 are in the top 6 now. 

Oh ok, for some reason I had thought it was calcualted over a few seasons.

• davemclaren changed the title to The Split Fixtures ( confirmed )