Masonic

Batistuta87
On 17/04/2023 at 03:35, Led Tasso said:

Clark

Atkinson Sibbick  Rowles Cochrane

Devlin

Forrest  Grant  Pollock McKay

Shankland

Certainly something different and a very attacking line up but I think this would leave us short in the holding midfield are and that Devlin might end up over-run and might be drawn into fouls. I like the idea of starting Pollock though, so would be tempted to go with something like:

Clark

Atkinson  Sibbick   Rowles  Cochrane

Devlin   Haring 

Gino              Pollock                McKay

Shankland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Clark Griswold

• Hearts007

• tian447

On 17/04/2023 at 22:08, Aussie Jambo said:

We want Sevco to pump the sheep harder than an Aberdonian farmer. Humiliation will knock wind out of the sails of these shitehawks. Never liked Aberdeen since the 80s. 🤜🐑

Problem is, how much motivation do Rangers have left in the tank for this ? League has gone and they’ve got a huge semi final next week

Nelly Terraces

Nothing else but a 'from the 1st whistle' all out attacking display, taking the game to the opposition & a convincing win will suffice. Anything less & I can see things very quickly turning sour from those of us who ARE going.

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Rowles stats were all in Evening News, 48% I think which is low, should be aiming at 70% at least

Was that ‘aerial duels’ or just ‘duels won’? 

Cos there’s not a hope in hell he won half his headers. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Was that ‘aerial duels’ or just ‘duels won’? 

Cos there’s not a hope in hell he won half his headers. 

Pretty sure it was aerial duels, Bushiri and Porteous were used as examples of players who had improved dramatically after first season

Jack Torrance

County win.

Well, I've gone with us the past few weeks so may as well try the old reverse psychology. 😭

Jambo in Bathgate
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Problem is, how much motivation do Rangers have left in the tank for this ? League has gone and they’ve got a huge semi final next week

Rangers fans hate Aberdeen. They won’t be happy lying done. Also a huge gap to Celtic won’t go down well either. 

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

County win.

Well, I've gone with us the past few weeks so may as well try the old reverse psychology. 😭

Not sure if stating the obvious outcome is reverse psychology!😄

Aussie Jambo
7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

True. But they’ll have something to play for most likely in getting into that team to play. So hopefully they’ll be up for it. Hope so anyway. 

Aussie Jambo
1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Rangers fans hate Aberdeen. They won’t be happy lying done. Also a huge gap to Celtic won’t go down well either. 

Correct. The so called new firm. I’d imagine that they’ll do the business. Aberdeen are pish and taken the luck we had last season. Aberdeen will take a doing. I’m saying sevco will win very easily. Even with a shite team. 

Watt-Zeefuik
33 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Correct. The so called new firm. I’d imagine that they’ll do the business. Aberdeen are pish and taken the luck we had last season. Aberdeen will take a doing. I’m saying sevco will win very easily. Even with a shite team. 

Shinnie has turned them around almost on his own. They have some decent players but he's the one who put spine in that team.

Now that's been ripped out. :jjyay:

8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

See that’s the difference, Old firm players don’t do easing off, taking it easy, they want and have the hunger and desire to win every match

That I’m afraid is the difference in mentality of old firm level players and the rest.

Players who pick and choose when they want to play don’t usually play for Rangers and Celtic 

I despise the Old Firm btw.

Rangers not trying against Aberdeen. :rofl: They probably hate them more than Celtic. Not quite, but close.

Aussie Jambo

Oh how I want Aberdeen to get a proper football doing. Like Sevco done to us. Plus us winning 3-0 this weekend. Back in line for Europe. 👏👏

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

2-2.  Late equaliser for us. 

We have the ability score two goals?

allystrachan

We will scud them & everyone will be buzzing about how we’re going to split the old firm & have long runs in Europe.

Defo a must win game for a whole bunch of reasons not least Euro ambitions.  I'm always glass half full so 2-1 Hearts.

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

We will scud them & everyone will be buzzing about how we’re going to split the old firm & have long runs in Europe.

...in a nutshell ....I will🙂

I won’t be there as I’m on holiday but I’m sure I’ll catch the game in Albufeira.

Hearts to win a physical game 2-1

:flag2::flag2::flag2:

The Old Tolbooth
20 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Certainly something different and a very attacking line up but I think this would leave us short in the holding midfield are and that Devlin might end up over-run and might be drawn into fouls. I like the idea of starting Pollock though, so would be tempted to go with something like:

Clark

Atkinson  Sibbick   Rowles  Cochrane

Devlin   Haring 

Gino              Pollock                McKay

Shankland

That's exactly the team it should be for me, nothing different! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I honestly dont know what to expect, its a long run of losing now, be 7 weeks since we won.

Rotten weather expected in Aberdeen Sunday, 40mph winds and rain, that game could turn into a lottery, we really need to win, nearly every week is a last chance now

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, jbee647 said:

See that’s the difference, Old firm players don’t do easing off, taking it easy, they want and have the hunger and desire to win every match

That I’m afraid is the difference in mentality of old firm level players and the rest.

Players who pick and choose when they want to play don’t usually play for Rangers and Celtic 

I despise the Old Firm btw.

I despise them too and you’re spot on about their attitude, even their under 13s had that when they beat us the last game of the season before the final. 

Got to forget about the other results, we just need to win simple as that. If nothing more than to lift the gloom around the place. It won't be easy, Ross County probably should have been out of sight at half time on the opening game of the season and were unlucky to lose in the end. I want us to play aggressive football and be on the front foot from the off. Sick and tired of watching us play laboured football sideways and backwards. We need to give the fans something to get excited about and get behind the team from the start tomorrow. An early goal would do wonders for the confidence. I'm going to go 2-0 Hearts tomorrow, no idea what I'm basing that on but we are due a win from somewhere. 

34 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I won’t be there as I’m on holiday but I’m sure I’ll catch the game in Albufeira.

Hearts to win a physical game 2-1

:flag2::flag2::flag2:

Where???

I wonder if we’ll see Boyce tomorrow or whether we’ll give him another fortnight to build up fitness.

Yes he has his failings but we have seriously missed his ability to link our midfield and attack. Had he been fit all season you could almost guarantee he’d have matched Gino’s goal tally of 8 too.

Has he gotten better in my mind while he’s been out injured? Almost definitely. But I’d much rather have him playing behind a striker than Shanks.

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, RDSK said:

I wonder if we’ll see Boyce tomorrow or whether we’ll give him another fortnight to build up fitness.

Yes he has his failings but we have seriously missed his ability to link our midfield and attack. Had he been fit all season you could almost guarantee he’d have matched Gino’s goal tally of 8 too.

Has he gotten better in my mind while he’s been out injured? Almost definitely. But I’d much rather have him playing behind a striker than Shanks.

He's only in light training, not full sessions so I highly doubt it. 

Gorgierools
35 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Said in yesterday's pre match press video, another 2 week's at least 

upgotheheads

I wouldn't want to see either Boyce or Beni risked this season, unless Boyce comes on for the the last ten minutes against Aberdeen, on the last day of the season, to score the goals that wins us third place, of course.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's exactly the team it should be for me, nothing different! 

Yip if PH is fit to start i could see this being out best chance, based on last weekends body language .

pettigrewsstylist
59 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I wouldn't want to see either Boyce or Beni risked this season, unless Boyce comes on for the the last ten minutes against Aberdeen, on the last day of the season, to score the goals that wins us third place, of course.

If they are hitting the right data at trg then play them. Be good to have some confidence they are not going to break down in Aug at start of season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Boyce was the link man rather than the goalscorer before injury. Ironically it was back in the old role when he got injured, he has been sorely missed, all of this got better chat is nonsense.

LochcarronJambo
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I despise them too and you’re spot on about their attitude, even their under 13s had that when they beat us the last game of the season before the final. 

Agree totally, hate the OF with a passion, but one thing is the mentality is to fight & have desire every match, if you have the right mindset you are half way there….I thought against St Mirren the attitude was awful & fully expected that to atleast change last week, it didn’t …..

31 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Boyce was the link man rather than the goalscorer before injury. Ironically it was back in the old role when he got injured, he has been sorely missed, all of this got better chat is nonsense.

Yes. Haste ye back Boyce.

Looking forward to seeing some youngsters on at some point tomorrow. Kuol for one but also some homegrown talent.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Yes. Haste ye back Boyce.

Looking forward to seeing some youngsters on at some point tomorrow. Kuol for one but also some homegrown talent.

Any 11 that can cobble a win, will do me, but I hear you :)

Harry Potter

Might dig out my bank card to treat myself to a pie, apologies in advance to the poor sod behind me

as i put in my security number,  (not contactless), still think one pie stall should be cash, be nice to

have a choice,

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Agree totally, hate the OF with a passion, but one thing is the mentality is to fight & have desire every match, if you have the right mindset you are half way there….I thought against St Mirren the attitude was awful & fully expected that to atleast change last week, it didn’t …..

Unfortunately not, we have to hope we see that tomorrow. 

Ex member of the SaS

The proverbial must win game. We want and need the reaction that we should have had last week. 3-0 and strolling. Get stuck in ,stop them playing and put in tackles before they get to the half way line. Show some passion ,desire and fight. Play like you want third place or pack your bags.

No more players taking the ball in our own six yard box. The closest to our keeper when he has the ball ,should be the half way line. Get the ball forward and flood their box.

Nothing less than a convincing 4/5-0 win tomorrow! Need to get at them from the start and don’t let them have any time on the ball

I hope we don't just see another familiar XI tomorrow. The usual suspects have had weeks to step up and haven't done so.

I'm hoping for Koul and Humphrys to start and for Oda to get a good half hour from the bench.

Front foot, all out attack from the start and we could be in for three points, goals and some entertainment.

Hearts 4-2. 😊

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this, but I have 1 spare ticket for tomorrow Section H Row 26 if anyone would like it.

The good news is that it is free, the bad news is that it is for the seat next to me.