*****Heart Of Midlothian Vs Ross County Official Match Thread*****

Masonic

RustyRightPeg
45 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Let’s face it, it is last chance saloon on Saturday, only 3 points will do, Ross County will smell blood & be launching the ball every chance they get into our box…… defenders need to show a bit of courage & for once I want to see fight & closing down from the first minute, expected that on Saturday & we failed to do it …..unless we get at them straight away its going to be a tense anxious game & mustn’t allow them a sniff as if they score first I am not sure we can come back, I am hopeful tactics set up & effort are adjusted …please

I suspect we’ll start fast on Saturday.

Fairly confident actually.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Clark Griswold

• Hearts007

• tian447

25 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

We haven’t won a game live on sky since the 2-1 over Celtic at the start of last season.

Couple that with the 7 defeats in the last 8 matches and we can all guarantee it will be a swashbuckling home victory…😳324EFCC1-AD39-4359-884D-ADA3808B0DC6.gif.04996bb811697221fbac8c5555ca1ea3.gif

We're due a win then.  I think it will be a draw.  

One result can change the entire outlook. Win on Saturday and I still believe we have a good chance of 3rd. Anything other than that and it’ll be 6th. 

Honestly though I can’t see where the goals are coming from. We’ll need 2 or 3 to win. They will bombard our box like Hibs did and our weak as piss defenders will crumble. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Other teams seem to be able to win with aggression, I dont see our squad having the possibility to do that.

We need to win by passing well and quickly, I would take any 3 points, but really think this team needs to win by a few to get its mojo back.

Big ifs, we win by 3 Aberdeen lose by a couple, its 2 points and we would have the GD firmly in our favour with 5 to go. However I have zero confidence or expectation now, completely drained

Hopefully SN will have our frailties drummed into the team and they actually fecking learn from their mistakes. 

LochcarronJambo
7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Hopefully SN will have our frailties drummed into the team and they actually fecking learn from their mistakes. 

🙏🏻

LochcarronJambo
1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

We need to get back to winning football matches so I’ll settle for a 1-0

I would but if it is 1-0, the last few mins won’t be good for me 😁

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

We need to get back to winning football matches so I’ll settle for a 1-0

Me too. If Gino is back we will have a much better chance, and it will be interesting to see how Naismith reacts to last weeks performance.

pettigrewsstylist

If it aint controlled blood and thunder from minute one we are goosed for 3rd.

I cant imagine a game you could be more  "up for" in that dressing room after all that has gone on since Feb.

If the application doesnt happen this week it isnt going to, for whatever reason.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist
59 minutes ago, Korky said:

There’ll be at least 10,000 cheering Hearts on!

Dont forget the ones at the stadium aswell.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

That's basically where I am. You can only teach so much in a week of training. After you go out and try to follow the manager's instruction, the next week he can sit in the film room and point out where it needs fixed. Harder to do with the prior guy's tape.

They should be able to watch back the video and find some basic mistakes to fix and work those out in training. If Naismith is ever going to be a manager, he should be able to do that enough to get enough out of this squad to beat County at the weekend.

If, and at this point it's a big if, we can scrape any kind of win, we then have a 2 week break between games which could be a blessing in disguise. Naismith can use it as almost a mini pre season, work on his ideas and try to build on the confidence a win would give.

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

That's basically where I am. You can only teach so much in a week of training. After you go out and try to follow the manager's instruction, the next week he can sit in the film room and point out where it needs fixed. Harder to do with the prior guy's tape.

They should be able to watch back the video and find some basic mistakes to fix and work those out in training. If Naismith is ever going to be a manager, he should be able to do that enough to get enough out of this squad to beat County at the weekend.

Professional footballers taught to be…………………………..professional footballers!!!!!!!!!!

:cornette_dog:

Aussie Jambo

Play the youth and best of B team with the exception of the few that at least tried last game (slim pickings). 

Many/all under achievers should sit in the dug out till we get shot of them end of season. Those kids at least want to play for Hearts and Naisy knows them all. 

Aussie Jambo
On 16/04/2023 at 04:37, lost in space said:

We need to win next week, hope Dons don't beat Huns. After that we need to win at Pittodrie.

Might happen......

We want Sevco to pump the sheep harder than an Aberdonian farmer. Humiliation will knock wind out of the sails of these shitehawks. Never liked Aberdeen since the 80s. 🤜🐑

Life Aquatic

Ross County will be chomping at the bit to play Hearts in this run of form. They need the points more than we do and from what I've seen in the last few weeks I don't think our players have the motivation to stop them.

I'm just glad we're not playing Darvel any time soon...

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Life Aquatic said:

Ross County will be chomping at the bit to play Hearts in this run of form. They need the points more than we do and from what I've seen in the last few weeks I don't think our players have the motivation to stop them.

I'm just glad we're not playing Darvel any time soon...

It did occur to me RC need these points far more than Hearts.

If they had a choice of where they must play away this week you have to imagine Tynie is near the top.

Hate being so pessimistic but I’m not entirely confident about this game.

County will be fighting tooth and nail to avoid relegation. Is anyone confident that our lot will show the same fight to get our hopes for third back on track?

Get the first goal, that should build the confidence and spur us on to a win, lose the first goal and then I think it'll be much of the same as witnessed previously, struggle to get anything from the match.

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

It did occur to me RC need these points far more than Hearts.

If they had a choice of where they must play away this week you have to imagine Tynie is near the top.

Think we need the points just as much. Our target is 3rd, theres is avoid relegation. 

Good interview from Naismith. Boyce and Beni both back in with the group and looking to ramp up when they can.

Also clarifies his comments on 3rd. He wants it, it's the clubs aim, but his point was he has to focus on performances to get us winning or talking about 3rd is irrelevant. Can't do it without winning games.

https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1648292711735209986?s=12&t=lA_KjqsDSHpp6d0Lz5f2Tw

Wouldn’t be playing Rowles in this one. He is by far and away a weak link that County will target. Sibbick and Hill aren’t amazing in the air but both far better than him. 

County will have saw how Hibs approached Saturday, every free kick launched into our box, every throw remotely near our box got launched in. Even defensive free kicks from the goalie will have their centre halfs up the park challenging. That my biggest fear for Saturday. We might be able to score a couple but there’s no such thing as brave pills for our defenders. 

Get the attitude right and we’ll win this.  An early goal and get a wee bit swagger back.  Nothing over the last couple of months would indicate this but I feel this is where the fight back begins (although I also think the sheep will take something from Rangers)

Jambof3tornado

Score 1st we win,concede and we huff and puff our way to a draw!!!

They will start at 100mph I'm afraid and look to get us as a crowd on our own players backs.

If we arent up for the fight it will show. 

Lose and it wont be pretty.

Watt-Zeefuik
17 hours ago, Korky said:

Professional footballers taught to be…………………………..professional footballers!!!!!!!!!!

:cornette_dog:

Right, they should know how to play the game, why bother having a manager or even coaches at all, amirite?

The point of having coaches is that they notice things the players are doing that impact the game but that the players may not realize. As in, within a given formation, when are the key times to look for defence-splitting passes, or when to jump into a press and when to sit back. Those are things vary within formations or tactics and have to be instructed on the training ground. That's why they do all that training during the week, you know?

This actually needs to be a statement performance.

As results go any win will do. Obviously. 

But if Naismith has any ambition at all to prove himself as the right man for the job the team need to come out absolutely flying. 

Same goes for the players. If this team can't lift themselves for this game then our season is as good as done and so are most of them as Hearts players. 

They all need to show something to get the fans back on side. 

Be nice if we actually started a game well. The last time County came to Tynecastle they hammered us for 45 mins and we got very lucky. We need to be up for it from the first whistle.

15 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Be nice if we actually started a game well. The last time County came to Tynecastle they hammered us for 45 mins and we got very lucky. We need to be up for it from the first whistle.

I mind thinking to myself after that game that county were going to be a good team this season and finish in the top 6 🙈🙈🙈

No wonder I hardly win when I bet 

LochcarronJambo
31 minutes ago, Bauld said:

This actually needs to be a statement performance.

As results go any win will do. Obviously. 

But if Naismith has any ambition at all to prove himself as the right man for the job the team need to come out absolutely flying. 

Same goes for the players. If this team can't lift themselves for this game then our season is as good as done and so are most of them as Hearts players. 

They all need to show something to get the fans back on side. 

Agreed, almost every poster on here, for a while has wanted the team to come out flying in a game & repeatedly we don’t….surely that will happen Saturday 🙏🏻

On 15/04/2023 at 16:12, Baldy61 said:

Win this anyway at all. Fluke og or whatever. Rangers/Sevco win v the Sheep. 

Then it's game on v Sheep at Tyncastle. 

Forever the optimist I know. 

Yup, this is it. Unfortunately need the rangers to do us a favour but if they do then it's game on again. Boo boys expecting us to be 1-0 up inside ten minutes should stay at home. 

On 18/04/2023 at 15:28, Led Tasso said:

Right, they should know how to play the game, why bother having a manager or even coaches at all, amirite?

The point of having coaches is that they notice things the players are doing that impact the game but that the players may not realize. As in, within a given formation, when are the key times to look for defence-splitting passes, or when to jump into a press and when to sit back. Those are things vary within formations or tactics and have to be instructed on the training ground. That's why they do all that training during the week, you know?

Thanks for the lecture …..oh wise one!

Diadora Van Basten
On 18/04/2023 at 13:08, Bob Loblaw said:

Good interview from Naismith. Boyce and Beni both back in with the group and looking to ramp up when they can.

Also clarifies his comments on 3rd. He wants it, it's the clubs aim, but his point was he has to focus on performances to get us winning or talking about 3rd is irrelevant. Can't do it without winning games.

https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1648292711735209986?s=12&t=lA_KjqsDSHpp6d0Lz5f2Tw

Hearts maybe forgot to incentivise Naismith for achieving 3rd place. Now his bonus is agreed and he is going to turn it around. 

20 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Hearts maybe forgot to incentivise Naismith for achieving 3rd place. Now his bonus is agreed and he is going to turn it around. 

Something for 5th?

Watt-Zeefuik
31 minutes ago, Korky said:

Thanks for the lecture …..oh wise one!

Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers!

pennyjambo22
On 17/04/2023 at 20:19, Bob Loblaw said:

If, and at this point it's a big if, we can scrape any kind of win, we then have a 2 week break between games which could be a blessing in disguise. Naismith can use it as almost a mini pre season, work on his ideas and try to build on the confidence a win would give.

Or love holidays could gift the squad a 10 day jolly to Benidorm 🌞🍺

On 18/04/2023 at 13:37, DS98 said:

Wouldn’t be playing Rowles in this one. He is by far and away a weak link that County will target. Sibbick and Hill aren’t amazing in the air but both far better than him. 

County will have saw how Hibs approached Saturday, every free kick launched into our box, every throw remotely near our box got launched in. Even defensive free kicks from the goalie will have their centre halfs up the park challenging. That my biggest fear for Saturday. We might be able to score a couple but there’s no such thing as brave pills for our defenders. 

Did you see Sibbick at the goal last week. You couldn't get a rizla under his boots.

I think we will start well, the crowd will get onside then slowly but surely after we miss a couple of chances County will start getting a foothold in the game. It's at this crucial point that we go again and step it up sadly with the confidence and fight drained out of us I fear the worse. If County get passed the hour mark not behind they're going to sniff victory. Surely SN will mix it up if we're still chasing a goal, never mind if he's ready or not if he gets Kuol on with 30 to go the whole atmosphere would lift and that might be just enough to get us over the line with 3 pts. 

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Did you see Sibbick at the goal last week. You couldn't get a rizla under his boots.

Yep. Sibbick needs to greatly improve on his heading ability and positional awareness. Unacceptable how bad he is in the air (especially for his size) and how often he's caught ball watching. Had a little purple patch a few months ago but been slipping back to his poor form for a while now. He's 24 next month, not just a young teenager learning the ropes. 

15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Yep considering he came from the English championship, it’s embarrassing how little physicality he has. 

He’s probably 50/50 in the air though. When directly challenging a opponent, Rowes must win about 1 in 5.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Yep considering he came from the English championship, it’s embarrassing how little physicality he has. 

He’s probably 50/50 in the air though. When directly challenging a opponent, Rowes must win about 1 in 5.

Rowles stats were all in Evening News, 48% I think which is low, should be aiming at 70% at least