*****Heart Of Midlothian Vs Ross County Official Match Thread*****

Masonic

LochcarronJambo
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great day, he was definitely fouled, right in front of us. 

Thanks mate, watched recording you were right

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Clark Griswold

• Hearts007

• tian447

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Not upset, bud, just pointing out that your lame attempt at a smart arsed put down of another poster immediately after our best performance of the season made you look a bit of a dick, and nothing that you've posted since has done anything to change that. 

Sounds like you took it personally.  Strange.  You’ve not even said what you disagreed with.  The post I replied to was nonsense in my opinion but I’m sure the poster could have debated himself without you wading in with nothing constructive to say to save him. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Thanks mate, watched recording you were right

Used Cochrane to slow down and turn. The Ass Ref on that side was awful. 

Pasquale for King

Cochrane had his best game for ages, playing inverted when required too. Unlucky to give away the penalty but that guy Edwards is quick and has caused us problems before. 

il Duce McTarkin
32 minutes ago, whodanny said:

He's always like that Fozzy. I stuck him on ignore, he's an arrogant tosser.

:greggy:

My word!!!

What a performance 👏 that was absolutely brilliant to watch from start to finish, can't even remember the last time I enjoyed a match as much as that, it geniunely could of been 10!! Just relentless attack, I know County are shite but you can only beat whats in front of you, we would have lost that or drawn it under Neilson imo.

Keep that up and we will have a big chance of catching Aberdeen and getting 3rd.

Ex member of the SaS

Fantastic. Not just the win but the style of play. THIS is what we have been shouting about most of the season and many still backed Nielson. Everything I wanted to say has been said so I will leave it there with a big smile on my puss.

132goals1958
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cochrane had his best game for ages, playing inverted when required too. Unlucky to give away the penalty but that guy Edwards is quick and has caused us problems before. 

Found it slightly amusing as soon as their penalty hit the net I think it was their number 14( a bit of a hammer thrower ) ran in quickly to retrieve the ball. Some comeback that would have been clawing back five goals in as many minutes 

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

To me the upgrade is Beni when healthy.

Got a ways to go but Gino is already a far better player than when he came to us.

Agreed. 

Also agreed,  but for me moving Gino to a strikers role was the difference,  he's a far better striker than " winger".

Almost like his game is simplified for him, makes runs, shoot.

He does it well as well.

Shankland is his perfect foil as well, as Shankland prefers dropping a bit and links the play up well, and he's very good at that.

VagabondJambo
2 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Found it slightly amusing as soon as their penalty hit the net I think it was their number 14( a bit of a hammer thrower ) ran in quickly to retrieve the ball. Some comeback that would have been clawing back five goals in as many minutes 

Yeah, noticed that too :-}

Commend the attitude though.

Chillidigits

If this is the first sign that Naismith has got the players thinking the way he thought during his playing days then we are on the brink of something special. As a player his enthusiasm,attitude and will to win was without question and yes he may be a rookie manager but even the best managers can sometimes struggle to get players to buy into their philosophy. If Naismith's vision is shared by the squad then for me a permanent managers position is a no brainer.

Nelly Terraces
On 20/04/2023 at 12:51, Nelly Terraces said:

Nothing else but a 'from the 1st whistle' all out attacking display, taking the game to the opposition & a convincing win will suffice. Anything less & I can see things very quickly turning sour from those of us who ARE going.

Absolutely delighted to be there yesterday & see us delivering exactly this. Watching Naismith on the sidelines was pretty entertaining in itself as well, encouraging the team forward at every point & not happy when we gave the pen away. A born winner. 

Well done all round lads.

The Wrinkly Ninja
35 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Spot on attitude from him. Relegation might come down to goal difference. It’s close.

Aussie Jambo

Now that I watched the game a few times. That was clearly a foul on Cochrane at the end leading up to the penalty. VAR not used yer again? He was clearly pushed. So it should have been a free kick to us?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed. 

Also agreed,  but for me moving Gino to a strikers role was the difference,  he's a far better striker than " winger".

Almost like his game is simplified for him, makes runs, shoot.

He does it well as well.

Shankland is his perfect foil as well, as Shankland prefers dropping a bit and links the play up well, and he's very good at that.

Guess we have Robbie to thank for that 🙄

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

The fans cheered quite loudly too 😆

What struck me is how good our goals were, mostly constructed well or well finished.  It wasn’t a lucky day in front of goal were everything just fell for us.

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought Edwards fouled Cochrane when both players reached the ball in the corner. Both ended up “at it” but Edwards initially pulled Cochrane across the shoulders. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Debut 4 said:

I thought Edwards fouled Cochrane when both players reached the ball in the corner. Both ended up “at it” but Edwards initially pulled Cochrane across the shoulders. 

Absolutely, used him to slow down and turn, Cochrane started to moan at the ref but realised he was wasting his time with him. VAR should’ve spotted that though, but they had already shown up the officials twice so probably didn’t want to do so again. 

Unknown user
Just now, Debut 4 said:

I was just watching the highlights, you're probably right, but Cochrane should have been wiser as they moved into the box. The other lad knew exactly what he was selling, and Cochrane bought it in the heat of the moment.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

What struck me is how good our goals were, mostly constructed well or well finished.  It wasn’t a lucky day in front of goal were everything just fell for us.

Definitely, more luck we would've scored 10. 

Jack Torrance

Dunno if it's been mentioned but was really pleasing to hear Naisy on the touchline. Constantly demanding more and encouraging players.

They might need to move the microphones though. 😄

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Guess we have Robbie to thank for that 🙄

Another debate I'm sure....

But, imo we will need to replace Gino with a similar striker so we also get the best from Shankland. 

Aussie Jambo
1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Now that I watched the game a few times. That was clearly a foul on Cochrane at the end leading up to the penalty. VAR not used yer again? He was clearly pushed. So it should have been a free kick to us?

Eh hello. 👆

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Superb win today. Some fantastic football, goals, and individual performances. 

A stark contrast to when the subs came on, that’s when all the backwards passing patter started. Don’t want to see the likes of Kio, Halliday, Grant, Hill or Humphrys play much more this season. 

It did feel like handbrake had gone on and i dont think it was due to energy levels dropping as game won etc. It was due to the subs IMO. Would say Humps continued tempo and forward direction though.

20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was just watching the highlights, you're probably right, but Cochrane should have been wiser as they moved into the box. The other lad knew exactly what he was selling, and Cochrane bought it in the heat of the moment.

I agree but I just thought , going by many previous TV games, that VAR is used to trawl the build up to see if any foul was made in the lead up to the goal?

Ok, maybe they did check it and didn’t make anyone aware but this sums up our game.  Cloak and dagger as usual and now seeping into how we use VAR. It seems more open and informed down South.  

Even if they said they were checking the build up for a foul and didn’t see anything, at least they’ve let us know.  

Edited by Debut 4

30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Lovely to see that at least one person still knows the difference between buying and selling in the context of fouls.

I’m tired of hearing clueless commentators talking about diving players having bought a foul when the person doing the buying is the referee.

👍

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I agree but I just thought , going by many previous TV games, that VAR is used to trawl the build up to see if any foul was made in the lead up to the goal?

Ok, maybe they did check it and didn’t make anyone aware but this sums up our game.  Cloak and dagger as usual and now seeping into how we use VAR. It seems more open and informed down South.  

Even if they said they were checking the build up for a foul and didn’t see anything, at least they’ve let us know.  

I don't know about that, there's always a bit of contact, and it's about degrees. If the ref said he saw it but didn't think it was a big enough deal, I don't think VAR's going to overrule his judgement. If he's said he didn't see anything then I'd expect them to call him over.

It's a judgement call, but really, I'm more looking at Cochrane who got caught up in the grievance and let it cloud his judgement.

Nitpicking though, I love Cochrane, I really enjoyed seeing him coming infield rather than overlapping the wing all the time, it really suits his game. He might well be a quality midfielder!

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't know about that, there's always a bit of contact, and it's about degrees. If the ref said he saw it but didn't think it was a big enough deal, I don't think VAR's going to overrule his judgement. If he's said he didn't see anything then I'd expect them to call him over.

It's a judgement call, but really, I'm more looking at Cochrane who got caught up in the grievance and let it cloud his judgement.

Nitpicking though, I love Cochrane, I really enjoyed seeing him coming infield rather than overlapping the wing all the time, it really suits his game. He might well be a quality midfielder!

He was a midfielder as a youngster before being moved to fullback, happens a lot as nobody wants to be a fullback when they’re young. 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Eh hello. 👆

I said it when it happened, didn’t need to watch it again 😜

Unknown user
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He was a midfielder as a youngster before being moved to fullback, happens a lot as nobody wants to be a fullback when they’re young. 

When Cochrane comes inside he looks like a good midfielder doing midfield stuff well. If he keeps it up, and we can start getting a tune out of Kingsley again, we could be on to something. Fair play to Naismith.

Diehardjambo1

Biggest positive out of yesterday was the attacking football for the entire match. Under RN the defenders would have been in at HT and shut up shop. We are definitely going to win more games than not with this mentality. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

When Cochrane comes inside he looks like a good midfielder doing midfield stuff well. If he keeps it up, and we can start getting a tune out of Kingsley again, we could be on to something. Fair play to Naismith.

Yes he was inverted a lot yesterday but Im not sure that means we play another LB though, allowing Devlin to push forward also. 
He can play in there though no doubt. 

Aussie Jambo
19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said it when it happened, didn’t need to watch it again 😜

Yeh I just wanted to clarify as it was late Sunday night here in Australia and I had a few shandies. 🤪

I like time to reflect on a game before posting, particularly after a defeat.  After Saturday I have needed time to curb my enthusiasm levels!!  But basically I feel the same now as i did at half 2 on Saturday.  That for me was the most exciting performance I have seen from a Hearts team since the George Burley period.  Attacking high tempo football, everyone's first thought was get the ball forward.  With the pace of Ginnelly and Oda and the quality of Shankland our front three terrorised them all day and it could easily have been 10 or 11.  My MOM was actually Cochrane.  I always thought he was a class act and given the freedom of an attacking back 4 he was immense.  Shame to pick one out as the  starting 11 were all very good.  This is way I want Hearts to play.  If we do this for next 5 games with success then Naismith has to be a big contender for the job.  My one caveat, it was clear that some of the subs are maybe not up to the pace we want to play.  I won't name names but it should be a busy summer with ins and outs.  Aberdeen's result yesterday was a bit of a downer but if we concentrate on ourselves and play at that level until end of season, who knows.  Their run will come to an end at some point and the split break could help us.  

Edited by TexasAndy

On 21/04/2023 at 23:06, i8hibsh said:

The players have chucked it.

I would not even trust one of these losers to take an Amazon package in for me or water a house plant whilst I was on holiday.

Most teams seem to get a new manager bounce yet these losers somehow managed to look even shiter after Neilson left.

I advise people to not even think 'we will get a kick up the arse' or 'we will click' we just wont.

They don't give a **** and are just a sappy bunch of fleaweights.

Hearts 0 Ross County 2

:-D 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Yeh I just wanted to clarify as it was late Sunday night here in Australia and I had a few shandies. 🤪

Nothing wrong with that, as my old man would say “It’s allowed” 😆👍🏽

Ex member of the SaS
On 22/04/2023 at 22:25, Aussie Jambo said:

I’m waking up down here to one of the best games I’ve seen in a longtime. Oda .. holy shit. 

Only gripe I’ve got as I thought the starting 11 were amazing is why did they play that badly second half. The attacking football stopped from the back then he brought on all the shite we want rid of. Apart from Kio & Humphrys - Hill, Grant & Halliday never need to play for us again. They were pish and our flow of positive football was slowed down. Got to give McKay his dues. He was unreal. I would have brought on Kuol instead of Grant. At least we know who to keep now. Atkinson was another. All the Aussie boys played brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Such a shame that so many Hearts fans spat the dummy and didn’t go. Anyway what a transformation. More training and we’ll do well. Glad Hobos got up so we can rip them a new one at Tynie. Mon the JTs.👏👏👏👏

This is called man management, keep the fringe players happy when well in front. Something the last manger never managed to understand. Players want to play and giving them time keeps them happy ( to an extent ) so even though we slowed down the result was set by then so the perfect time to make such changes. Making the same changes when struggling is why we failed so often.

6 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

I like time to reflect on a game before posting, particularly after a defeat.  After Saturday I have needed time to curb my enthusiasm levels!!  But basically I feel the same now as i did at half 2 on Saturday.  That for me was the most exciting performance I have seen from a Hearts team since the George Burley period.  Attacking high tempo football, everyone's first thought was get the ball forward.  With the pace of Ginnelly and Oda and the quality of Shankland our front three terrorised them all day and it could easily have been 10 or 11.  My MOM was actually Cochrane.  I always thought he was a class act and given the freedom of an attacking back 4 he was immense.  Shame to pick one out as the  starting 11 were all very good.  This is way I want Hearts to play.  If we do this for next 5 games with success then Naismith has to be a big contender for the job.  My one caveat, it was clear that some of the subs are maybe not up to the pace we want to play.  I won't name names but it should be a busy summer with ins and outs.  Aberdeen's result yesterday was a bit of a downer but if we concentrate on ourselves and play at that level until end of season, who knows.  Their run will come to an end at some point and the split break could help us.  

I think some of the subs probably won't be here next season. However the tempo of our performance had dropped considerably from the first 60 minutes so can be difficult to get it going when 6-0 up. I was all set on wanting Humphrys to stay, however not I'm not overly fussed and think we can do a lot better. As for Grant, I still think there is a player in there but wouldn't be surprised to see him go back down south at the end of the season. I wouldn't shed too many tears over him either, again I think we can do better. 

Watched highlights again and didn’t realise it was devlin who passed to ginnelly for his first goal. Absolutely cracking pass - hopefully not a one off 

On 23/04/2023 at 12:47, Diehardjambo1 said:

Biggest positive out of yesterday was the attacking football for the entire match. Under RN the defenders would have been in at HT and shut up shop. We are definitely going to win more games than not with this mentality. 

We have a group of players with an attacking mentality, so letting them play to their natural traits will see better performances and results. 

The shape, mentality and forward thinking play on Saturday was very good.

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Watched highlights again and didn’t realise it was devlin who passed to ginnelly for his first goal. Absolutely cracking pass - hopefully not a one off 

I'm sure it was also Devlin that played the ball through between defenders that Ginnelly then got caught under his feet a bit when he'd otherwise have been in on the keeper!