Fiorentina

alicante jambo

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Regardless of any of the previous comments,  it would seem they are far better than us. 

Yeah,  a shock to some it seems. 

Who'd have funk Fiorentina would be better than us and by quite a distance?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Stuart Jack

• Mikey1874

20 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

What a city, what a team 😍

I'm with you on this  my second team now if I was to choose one. Still get goosebumps looking back at all the videos. 

ScottieMac17
10 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Bologna ? Quality? Really?

Lost twice in there last 12 games... play decent football. Beat Inter and Atalanta and took points of Lazio recently. Yes they may not be world beater but they are still a side that have quality.

The point I was making is that Fiorentina are behind some very good sides, and if bologna are not classed as a very good side, then Fiorentina are only one position down from where they probably should be.

RustyRightPeg
10 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Bologna ? Quality? Really?

Sitting 7th in the table currently. 

Thiago Motta has them going really well, tucked Atalanta away at the weekend away from home…Udinese the week before 3-0 and Inter not long before that. 

So yeah…they’re a quality outfit. 

A_A wehatethehibs

A quality football team. Seems Romas win last season has woke up Italian football again, love seeing the Italian sides do well 

Stuart Jack
1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

Hi Stuart. 

I am in Florence next week, going to try and get to the game but notice the tickets are not on sale yet? is it normal they leave ticket sales so late in Italy? 

Do you think I will have any issues getting a ticket? I still have my account set up from when I purchased tickets in October. 

Hi. Tickets should be up on sale now and usually available the week leading up to a game. Nowadays, due to clamping down on secondary ticketing issues, they need to be bought from an official outlet. Either buy them at the stadium ticket office or online before you go - using Vivaticket.  > https://acffiorentina.vivaticket.it/it/event/acf-fiorentina-atalanta-bc/206005

Monday evening's Atalanta game is up now. Thursday's 2nd leg against Lech may appear again or be available next week as I think I recall seeing tickets advertised last week in advance but doubt it will have sold out?

Enjoy your trip and match experience 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If only Humps shot had gone in off the post, it could all have been so different............................................................Fill in your answers :lol:

Edited by Lord Beni of Gorgie

We_are_the_Hearts

They were a class team and the away tri was magic but the lack of resistance and fight on the park was a bit disappointing. Soft as shite

Gorgie_Rules

Hope they win it. Few of their fans that spoke to over there were brilliant and loved the Hearts support. I got the feeling they were a bit anxious that we’d be arseholes (not the kickback variety) like the english and dutch fans theyv’e had in the past but couple I spoke to mentioned ‘thats how football should be’. Many were complimentary of our support on the youtube videos doing the rounds at the time also.

Not many future European trips will come close to 4,000 jambos in the sunshine in a city like Florence.

38 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If only Humps shot had gone in off the post, it could all have been so different............................................................Fill in your answers :lol:

It would have been 5-2.

Unless scoring early really upset them, then who knows how many they might have scored?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, graygo said:

It would have been 5-2.

Unless scoring early really upset them, then who knows how many they might have scored?

I was going to say that, but preferred to leave it to imagination, you have as much as me :)

2 hours ago, Stuart Jack said:

Hi. Tickets should be up on sale now and usually available the week leading up to a game. Nowadays, due to clamping down on secondary ticketing issues, they need to be bought from an official outlet. Either buy them at the stadium ticket office or online before you go - using Vivaticket.  > https://acffiorentina.vivaticket.it/it/event/acf-fiorentina-atalanta-bc/206005

Monday evening's Atalanta game is up now. Thursday's 2nd leg against Lech may appear again or be available next week as I think I recall seeing tickets advertised last week in advance but doubt it will have sold out?

Thank you mate 

Italian football's been a fantastic watch this season. Anyone who doesn't see Fiorentina as a quality side because of a lack of perceived strength of opponents in Europe is lying to themselves, they're still in the battle for Europe in a very very good league (will have 2 CL semi finalists at worst to back that claim up) and are genuiely in with a shout of a ECL/Copa Italia double based on their current form. We didn't play as well as we could have against them especially at home, but they're still a strong team let's give them credit.

Liverpool could go a long way to solving their midfield issues by bringing Amrabat in to play the Fabinho role.

18 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Hope they win it. Few of their fans that spoke to over there were brilliant and loved the Hearts support. I got the feeling they were a bit anxious that we’d be arseholes (not the kickback variety) like the english and dutch fans theyv’e had in the past but couple I spoke to mentioned ‘thats how football should be’. Many were complimentary of our support on the youtube videos doing the rounds at the time also.

Not many future European trips will come close to 4,000 jambos in the sunshine in a city like Florence.

Yeah  the Fiorentina fans who I met only had great things to say about us. I think we showed them that not all Brittish football fans turn up and wreck the place and want to fight. Also the amount of Fiorentina fans who were taking videos. Hopefully we can get another tour next season 

8 hours ago, Stuart Jack said:

Hi Stuart. 

Managed to get a ticket this evening in sector N04. 

Thanks for your help 

BackOfTheNet

Ah yes, the sarcastic “we should huv had a go” chat excusing the crap we served up earlier in the season…

No one would’ve been surprised before the game if we got humped, in fact many of us expected it. But as always many miss the point (on purpose most of the time, rather than being naive). It’s the **** manner of how you get beat. If you can’t see a difference in how we lost to Celtic in the 3-4 and how we lost to Rangers 0-3 recently then you’re short a few or you’re being deliberately obtuse.

How we lost to Fiorentina wasn’t down to how good they were. They didn’t have to play well, because we didn’t play good enough to make them have to. They’re a quality side, no doubt, and on paper should hump us more times than not. But for the love of **** it doesn’t matter who you’re playing, you have to make the other team work for their victory, no matter how good they are.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Stuart Jack
1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

Hi Stuart. 

Managed to get a ticket this evening in sector N04. 

Thanks for your help 

Prego! N04 is pretty much the heart of the Ultras section in the Curva Fiesole so you did well getting a ticket there and the atmosphere is a guarantee. I've usually been in around N05-06 where some of my friends are. Is that for the Atalanta or Lech Poznan game?

Sure you'll enjoy it anyway and the food stands outside that end (providing your not veggie/vegan) are amazing for salsiccia or porchetta panini with a beer?!

Batistuta87

My favourite Italian team (obvs). Had a Serie A book as a kid with Batistuta on the front cover and they just became my Italian team. Absolutely loved watching Football Italia on a Saturday. Was delighted when we drew them and absolutely loved getting to see them in the flesh. Wish I'd managed to get over to Florence though. 

Edited by Batistuta87

24 minutes ago, Stuart Jack said:

Prego! N04 is pretty much the heart of the Ultras section in the Curva Fiesole so you did well getting a ticket there and the atmosphere is a guarantee. I've usually been in around N05-06 where some of my friends are. Is that for the Atalanta or Lech Poznan game?

Sure you'll enjoy it anyway and the food stands outside that end (providing your not veggie/vegan) are amazing for salsiccia or porchetta panini with a beer?!

Was not sure I would be able to sit in the ultras section. Just picked wherever I thought I’d get the best view 😂 

Poznan game, it is pretty much over as a tie but looking forward to it!! 

And yes these food stands sound amazing! Had no such thing in the back of MAF in October 😂 

BackOfTheNet

Lech Poznan currently beating Fiorentina 3-0 and going for a 4th in Florence. Currently still 4-4 on aggregate but didn’t Lech get the memo? They’re 3rd in the Polish league right now. They’re not allowed to take it to Fiorentina are they? Shouldn’t they be getting beat 5-0 and thanking Fiorentina for the opportunity for their fans to have a good few days in Florence?!?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Lech Poznan currently beating Fiorentina 3-0 and going for a 4th in Florence. Currently still 4-4 on aggregate but didn’t Lech get the memo? They’re 3rd in the Polish league right now. They’re not allowed to take it to Fiorentina are they? Shouldn’t they be getting beat 5-0 and thanking Fiorentina for the opportunity for their fans to have a good few days in Florence?!?

Fiorentina have absolutely shat it. Never saw this coming. Tasty last 20.

Jambo na hÉireann

There’s been a lot of nice things said about Fiorentina in this thread but, having been a Fiorentina fan longer than a Jambo, I can confirm this is a stereotypical Fiorentina ****-up

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Fiorentina have a howler of a match - have a go at Hearts.

Well played. 👍

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Well played. 👍

Not having a go at Hearts. Having a go at Neilson’s shite tactics and preparation thank you very much.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Not having a go at Hearts. Having a go at Neilson’s shite tactics and preparation thank you very much.

Bollocks. When we played Hibs off the park and won 5-1 did you only praise the manager? 

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Well played. 👍

It's absolutely pathetic the lengths some fans will go to in order to slag off our club

Up who, exactly?

Sorry, "ye's". Probably not best use of language but it was a Scottish term for "yous" Get it up yous.

BackOfTheNet

Bollocks. When we played Hibs off the park and won 5-1 did you only praise the manager? 

What the **** has that got to do with anything? Sounds like you’re saying the players should take the credit/blame only. So are you saying it was the players fault we got humped by Fiorentina twice?

ScottieMac17
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What the **** has that got to do with anything? Sounds like you’re saying the players should take the credit/blame only. So are you saying it was the players fault we got humped by Fiorentina twice?

Yes... because they are not as good as Fiorentina player. 

BackOfTheNet

Sorry, "ye's". Probably not best use of language but it was a Scottish term for "yous" Get it up yous.

I couldn’t give a rats arse about this result. I’m only watching it as it’s the only game on right now. Don’t care if Lech or Fiorentina win. But what I would like to think is that the third biggest team in Scotland was as good as the 3rd biggest team in Poland. And they’ve shown despite being humped in one leg, they can learn from it and take it to Fiorentina the second leg. Something we couldn’t do - because we adopted shite tactics.

Point being - which you and XB52 are missing entirely - is plenty of people had a go at other fans for suggesting things could have went differently in terms of how we played against bigger sides in Europe, and tonight is showing there is a way to play against them. (Even if you don’t win!)

Luckies1874

There were more Hearts supporters in Florence than every other side they’ve faced combined.

Edited by Luckies1874

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Yes... because they are not as good as Fiorentina player. 

Ugh, FFS. No one ever said Fiorentina shouldn’t beat us. It was the manner of the defeats for crying out loud. And Lech are showing what you can do against Fiorentina, which we failed to do. But could have.

Jambo na hÉireann

Holy **** has this actually become another Hearts bashing thread? Full of either Hibs ***** or miserable ***** this place 

A_A wehatethehibs

I couldn’t give a rats arse about this result. I’m only watching it as it’s the only game on right now. Don’t care if Lech or Fiorentina win. But what I would like to think is that the third biggest team in Scotland was as good as the 3rd biggest team in Poland. And they’ve shown despite being humped in one leg, they can learn from it and take it to Fiorentina the second leg. Something we couldn’t do - because we adopted shite tactics.

Point being - which you and XB52 are missing entirely - is plenty of people had a go at other fans for suggesting things could have went differently in terms of how we played against bigger sides in Europe, and tonight is showing there is a way to play against them. (Even if you don’t win!)

Genuine question have Poznan got any fit senior CBs atm? Because we did not 

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Are you saying it was solely down to the manager? Both viewpoints are ridiculous, thankfully I hold neither.

A_A wehatethehibs

Milic and Dagerstal, Poznan CBs would they have got a game over Lewis Neilson and Stephen Kingsley our CB partnership on the day? Croatia International and Sweden International 

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Genuine question have Poznan got any fit senior CBs atm? Because we did not 

Sibbick, Kingsley, Cochrane and Neilson all fit. Not first choices I know, but enough to make a back 4 or 5.

Guess that’s why we got humped then? The CB’s? Assume that was the same when we get humped from the OF?

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Are you saying it was solely down to the manager? Both viewpoints are ridiculous, thankfully I hold neither.

No. But the players are only as good as their formation, preparation and tactics deployed. Fiorentina had to work to beat Poznan, they didn’t have to work to beat us. That’s the point.

Amrabat injured I noticed.   :whistling:

Typical coupon buster match.    I knew they'd **** it up.   

Through to the next round however.   Some drama , that's all. 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sibbick, Kingsley, Cochrane and Neilson all fit. Not first choices I know, but enough to make a back 4 or 5.

Guess that’s why we got humped then? The CB’s? Assume that was the same when we get humped from the OF?

Yes mate. That is why we got humped. A ****ing makeshift back 4 against a Tier 1 football team.  But feel free bash on with your crackhead shite you’re spouting am not bothered 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No. But the players are only as good as their formation, preparation and tactics deployed. Fiorentina had to work to beat Poznan, they didn’t have to work to beat us. That’s the point.

No, both usually have to be good or it fails. 

12 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

There were more Hearts supporters in Florence than every other side they’ve faced combined.

I take it that's not true after tonight's game.