Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Stuart Jack

• Mikey1874

Luckies1874
22 minutes ago, Stuart Jack said:

Yes!!!!! Forza ragazzi!!!! 💜⚜️💜

Thanks for the support and kind messages fron you guys....we now have a chance of the double (or even just the one trophy after 22 years) 

Hope we meet again in Europe at some point later 👍

Congrats, well deserved on tonights performance. Seems to me to be a very 50-50 final. Disappointing venue (all be it in a fantastic city) given the numbers from both clubs who would have loved tickets! 

How many tickets have Fiorentina been given for Rome next Wednesday? 

Stuart Jack
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Congrats, well deserved on tonights performance. Seems to me to be a very 50-50 final. Disappointing venue (all be it in a fantastic city) given the numbers from both clubs who would have loved tickets! 

How many tickets have Fiorentina been given for Rome next Wednesday? 

I'm not actually sure. It was the usual 2k tonight but for a domestic final I think it's probably around 15k + in Rome.

According to the BBC, Prague is a tiny venue of under 20k so each side gets only 5k with the other half going corporate which is outrageous. In any case, as I'm a teacher I can't take time off for either cup final on a Wednesday night. Gutted bit I'll try to get down the pub to get some atmosphere instead of sitting at home! 

Hope you grab 3rd or even 4th as a European experience does us all good!

Well done to fiorentina.  Was an amazing trip and I’ll certainly be back there again  cracking city 

Stuart Jack
1 minute ago, Jamborose said:

Well done to fiorentina.  Was an amazing trip and I’ll certainly be back there again  cracking city 

Glad you loved the city! Always welcome! 👍

davemclaren

Good luck to them. Great trip and lovely city, even though I did end up in Hospital there for a couple of nights. 🥸

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Stuart Jack said:

I'm not actually sure. It was the usual 2k tonight but for a domestic final I think it's probably around 15k + in Rome.

According to the BBC, Prague is a tiny venue of under 20k so each side gets only 5k with the other half going corporate which is outrageous. In any case, as I'm a teacher I can't take time off for either cup final on a Wednesday night. Gutted bit I'll try to get down the pub to get some atmosphere instead of sitting at home! 

Hope you grab 3rd or even 4th as a European experience does us all good!

Good luck mate!   Hope you win the double.

colinmaroon

Here's to Luigi of the ex-Fountain Restaurant at Charing Cross, Glasgow.  Great fellow and hoping you're still with us and enjoying his beloved Fiorentina. 

Stuart Jack
6 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Good luck mate!   Hope you win the double.

Thanks! It'd be amazing but most fans would gladly take one cup right now after waiting so long.

Either gets Europa League qualification too, which we'll need due to poor league form. It'll be tougher against Inter than West Ham I suspect, unless they decide to rest a couple of players on Wednesday with CL final a priority? Did beat them at San Siro a few weeks ago but that was before they went on a run of form. Fingers crossed anyway!

On 22/04/2023 at 09:27, BackOfTheNet said:

But I’ll end by having my post stop right at this point without any inexplicable space randomly at the bottom for no apparent reason.

😆😆😆

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Always good to get knocked out by the winners, like being the runner up :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Always good to get knocked out by the winners, like being the runner up :rolleyes:

You mean like the 2016 Scottish 🏆? 🤭

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

They looked a class team all those months ago glad to see they really are!!

Mid table in the league too. Both Milan teams in the last 4 of the champs league.

Almost like Serie A is on the up again. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You mean like the 2016 Scottish 🏆? 🤭

On May 19th, you should not be sullying the day with such words Michael!!!! Take a ban :lol:

Delighted for Fiorentina to make it to the final. Always had a wee soft spot for them in Serie A and would be great to see them lift a European trophy. My old man likes West Ham so part of me wouldn't mind seeing them win it too much, but I'll be backing La Viola. 💜

SectionDJambo

Am I correct in thinking that if Fiorentina win the final, they'll be the 3rd team to win a European trophy after playing Hearts along the way?

Benfica - European Cup

Hamburg - European Cup Winners' Cup

Fiorentina - European Conference ?

John Findlay
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Am I correct in thinking that if Fiorentina win the final, they'll be the 3rd team to win a European trophy after playing Hearts along the way?

Benfica - European Cup

I believe so.

Fair play to them, just shows you what level of opponent that we were actually up against in europa conference league this season, it's frightening that a team who are joint 9th in Serie A are in a European cup final and completely destroyed us over 2 legs, the gulf in resources between us and these teams are massive and I suppose comparable to the gulf between us and the Old firm, I don't know what the answer is on closing such a gap? Only thing I can think of is by some miracle we have a wealthy foundation of hearts billionaire investor amongst us?

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Benfica - European Cup

And Mallorca got to the ECWC final after beating us early on.  Lost to Lazio in the Birmingham final - I was there. 

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And Mallorca got to the ECWC final after beating us early on.  Lost to Lazio in the Birmingham final - I was there. 

I wondered, after posting, if Mallorca had also won it after beating us. I knew they got to the final but couldn't remember the outcome.

I was in Hamburg during the season after they won the Cup Winners Cup and went to see them play Sarajevo at home. When we went for tickets at the ticket office in the city, they had pennants of all the clubs they faced during their successful run to the cup, including of course Hearts, displayed on the wall behind the counter.

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

same. last ever Cup Winners Cup Final

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Could have been a Dundee United v Hearts final.

Some roasters will blame Neilson if Fiorentina win, just like it was his fault that the wee team won the SC 

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Some roasters will blame Neilson if Fiorentina win, just like it was his fault that the wee team won the SC 

Its happening online now. People saying Hearts should have beaten Fiorentina and it was Neilson's fault.

Change from the time when it was Shankland and Joe Savage's fault. 

Diadora Van Basten
14 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Would have liked to see us at least try at home. A collective groan went up round Tynecastle when it became obvious that our tactics were to sit back and invite them onto us.

I had a great time in Florence :greggy:

apart from getting fined on the tram for not validating my ticket :vrface: