Fiorentina

alicante jambo

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I take it that's not true after tonight's game.

Correct

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Stuart Jack

• Mikey1874

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes mate. That is why we got humped. A ****ing makeshift back 4 against a Tier 1 football team.  But feel free bash on with your crackhead shite you’re spouting am not bothered 

Ah yes, you disagree with someone so you make a point and you expect me to bow down and when I don’t you resort to calling me a crackhead. Perfectly sensible behaviour that.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Another Fiorentina goal to put the tie to bed.

What? Surely not!

I mean to say  that's the team who only managed to draw with RFS.

Seriously, though ...

Heaven knows how we managed to beat RFS twice as they must be a smashing team to have drawn with Fiorentina.

Oh, I forgot, no praise due to either our manager or players seeing as we only won because RFS were garbage.

Certainly nae praise from you-know-who.

12 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Holy **** has this actually become another Hearts bashing thread? Full of either Hibs ***** or miserable ***** this place 

Every thread. You could start one on football boots and it would only take about 5 posts.

Better home fans too. Hearts fans lower division. Pathetic in comparison. Very poor fans. 

Edited by Mikey1874

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ah yes, you disagree with someone so you make a point and you expect me to bow down and when I don’t you resort to calling me a crackhead. Perfectly sensible behaviour that.

I didn’t call you a crackhead. Just characterised the shite you are spouting as the type of rubbish a crackhead would come out with. I don’t know what it is you’re smoking, not necessarily crack 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Are people really comparing Poznań to what Hearts should have done?

In terms of setting up to play and making a better team have to play well to beat you, yes.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I didn’t call you a crackhead 

Then what does “your crackhead shite” allude to then? That I’m not a crackhead but that I espouse as if I was? Hilarious if such.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

In terms of setting up to play and making a better team have to play well to beat you, yes.

As I said though compare the fans. Hearts enjoyed the beers but the Polish fans got behind their team. Maybe what made the difference tonight. 

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

As I said though compare the fans. Hearts enjoyed the beers but the Polish fans got behind their team. Maybe what made the difference tonight. 

Wasn’t there, but I’m not going to fault the Hearts fans. Or even suggest we played the way we did because of them. At home fans have an effect, can’t say they do much away.

We set up to contain both evenings and have players with quality time on the ball to pick and choose what they wanted. Even with limited talent we could’ve had players harrying and in face but no, from kick off we walked backwards. And when you lose a goal, game plan out the window and no plan B.

That’s what I was pissed off at. And then the usual come out just like when the OF hump us and say “what else do you expect?”. It’s not me being unrealistic or expecting no losses. We lost to Celtic 3-4 and individual errors aside I could not fault the performance at all of the team. Zurich at home the same. There’s ways of playing, even getting beat, that are acceptable. And others that aren’t.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Wasn’t there, but I’m not going to fault the Hearts fans. Or even suggest we played the way we did because of them. At home fans have an effect, can’t say they do much away.

We set up to contain both evenings and have players with quality time on the ball to pick and choose what they wanted. Even with limited talent we could’ve had players harrying and in face but no, from kick off we walked backwards. And when you lose a goal, game plan out the window and no plan B.

That’s what I was pissed off at. And then the usual come out just like when the OF hump us and say “what else do you expect?”. It’s not me being unrealistic or expecting no losses. We lost to Celtic 3-4 and individual errors aside I could not fault the performance at all of the team. Zurich at home the same. There’s ways of playing, even getting beat, that are acceptable. And others that aren’t.

Hearts just sit about. Being put in context looking at European games today. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Lech poznan would beat us home and away easily.

We aren’t even at their level

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

😆 fansOUT

Luckies1874
21 minutes ago, graygo said:

I take it that's not true after tonight's game.

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Correct

Think it is still true as that is just the official sections that we also received which held about 2200. We had nearly 2000 in the pens next to that. Riga, Istanbul, Braga and Sivasspor had a few hundred between them. So by my reckoning no danger have there been 4000 in total.

Poznan only had the 2 sections on the right which is what Hearts were officially given. Our support then bought 2 sections worth from the Fiorentina site.

Edited by Luckies1874

Stuart Jack

Ok. Thought I'd provide a summary from 'our side' for a bit of context and I'll try not to be too biased! 

Personally I thought the first half was an extremely poor performance. Too much turnover for my liking and the attitude/intensity was even worse with complacency being our worst enemy. Reminded me of our sporadic form between September and December last year. 

We love Venuti as a man with a purple heart but he is not Serie A, let alone European calibre and has cost us dear in the past with errors. Should not have been vice captain and subbed earlier. Milenkovic starts (but was on a yellow) and inevitably gets booked so misses the next game. Stupid decision to start him. Think we'll be tweaking the recruitment in the summer and will need to add 3-4 quality players to step up a level.

Second half started worse and admittedly were missing Amrabat in midfield but nevertheless were over-run and out-muscled. HOWEVER....that Slovenian referee was astonishingly bad, to the point our fans were suspecting corruption. They got pretty much every decision and were like butchers. The worst bit was Gonzalez getting a deliberate elbow to the head in the penalty area with a 5min stoppage while he’s seeping blood and needing bandaged. No red. No yellow. No penalty. Just a throw in???

At least they rallied in the last 20 or so and killed the tie with the two goals. Yes  our 14 game streak comes to an end but ultimately, we're through to another semi and await Nice or Basel. Sure we'll learn from this and if we don't make the final or end up winning it, we will happily take the Coppa Italia as either trophy (after a 22 year wait!) gets Europa League next season.

Lastly, I'm in no position to comment on Hearts management, players or tactics etc. but will reiterate that at the time we played our results weren't great and we were missing 5-6 key players too. However, I know my friends and other fans in Florence were impressed by your travelling support, camaraderie and glad those that travelled had an amazing time.

Good luck with the rest of your season and hopefully we'll meet again sometime. Be nice to each other!! 👍

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ugh, FFS. No one ever said Fiorentina shouldn’t beat us. It was the manner of the defeats for crying out loud. And Lech are showing what you can do against Fiorentina, which we failed to do. But could have.

Lech are far better than us.

Do some folk just watch other teams and think -aye that should be us, Then come on here and bash us.

Crackpot behaviour. 

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

As I said though compare the fans. Hearts enjoyed the beers but the Polish fans got behind their team. 

Rubbish, they literally turned their backs on their team.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

This forum literally argues about everything.

It's because most of the posters on here are slavering tossers. 

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

You should see the shed ! :greggy:

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was at the game and a Poznan fans where good but no better than what we were in October. 

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

No bother

Great game to watch .... Lech made a great game of it ... but class won in the end

11 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Are people really comparing Poznań to what Hearts should have done?

One person is yes

allystrachan
7 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Oh no it doesn’t! 

… ah wait a minute! 

BackOfTheNet
7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Lech are far better than us.

Do some folk just watch other teams and think -aye that should be us, Then come on here and bash us.

Crackpot behaviour. 

Are they far better than us though? Sitting 3rd in the Polish league right now. Is the Ekstraklasa a much higher standard than the Scottish Premiership? Granted they won the league last season, but they’re 9 points behind Legia Warsaw who are 2nd and 17 points behind Raków Częstochowa who are top. Can only assume Raków Częstochowa must be a far, far better side than us - even though the majority on here would have as much knowledge of them at the start of the season as they did RFS Riga.

But again - for the umpteenth time in this thread (and almost every Neilson thread that came before) - it’s not about being beaten by a better team, or outclassed by a better quality opponent. It’s the way in which it happens. And no, this isn’t a call to arms saying we “should huv had a go”, it’s about recognising better quality players thrive if you give them time on the ball to do what they want. So don’t give them that time, at least make them work to create space, rather than sit off them and just let them have it. The tactics we deployed in 4 European games (and most games against the OF) would give ANYONE a chance against us.

We weren’t hard to beat, that’s the issue. Not that we didn’t try and win, or that we should have won, or that we should “huv had a go” or anything like that. Just basic tactical preparation to be hard to beat first, and have options on the counter once the ball was won (if the better quality players gave us a sniff). But we not only weren’t hard to beat, but as usual when going a goal down we didn’t have any plan B. So it ended up being a training match.

Long and short is, we’re not Brora against us a few years ago or Darvel against Aberdeen here. We’re a top tier side in our country, and therefore any team in that Conference League should at the very least have to break a sweat or get out of first gear to beat us. And they didn’t. I don’t see why it’s such a big deal to be annoyed by this fact, yet I get called a crackhead and crackpot in the same thread for thinking so. Bloody hell.

8 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

lol  it's the ones that can't live without the last word that I find amusing.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Are they far better than us though? Sitting 3rd in the Polish league right now. Is the Ekstraklasa a much higher standard than the Scottish Premiership? Granted they won the league last season, but they’re 9 points behind Legia Warsaw who are 2nd and 17 points behind Raków Częstochowa who are top. Can only assume Raków Częstochowa must be a far, far better side than us - even though the majority on here would have as much knowledge of them at the start of the season as they did RFS Riga.

But again - for the umpteenth time in this thread (and almost every Neilson thread that came before) - it’s not about being beaten by a better team, or outclassed by a better quality opponent. It’s the way in which it happens. And no, this isn’t a call to arms saying we “should huv had a go”, it’s about recognising better quality players thrive if you give them time on the ball to do what they want. So don’t give them that time, at least make them work to create space, rather than sit off them and just let them have it. The tactics we deployed in 4 European games (and most games against the OF) would give ANYONE a chance against us.

We weren’t hard to beat, that’s the issue. Not that we didn’t try and win, or that we should have won, or that we should “huv had a go” or anything like that. Just basic tactical preparation to be hard to beat first, and have options on the counter once the ball was won (if the better quality players gave us a sniff). But we not only weren’t hard to beat, but as usual when going a goal down we didn’t have any plan B. So it ended up being a training match.

Long and short is, we’re not Brora against us a few years ago or Darvel against Aberdeen here. We’re a top tier side in our country, and therefore any team in that Conference League should at the very least have to break a sweat or get out of first gear to beat us. And they didn’t. I don’t see why it’s such a big deal to be annoyed by this fact, yet I get called a crackhead and crackpot in the same thread for thinking so. Bloody hell.

Spot on, great post, you are wasting your time with some on here. Maybe Polish teams dont care about budgets and talk up 2 games in a week instead of being mentally fatigued. Who knows 

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Better home fans too. Hearts fans lower division. Pathetic in comparison. Very poor fans. 

I went to a lech poznan game and sadly it was nothing like that. It was largely empty and it was the coldest I've ever been. My bottle of coke turned viscous during the game as it began to freeze 😂😂

Need to go back when it's like the above.

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Excellent post and nails it firmly for me! 

The Old Tolbooth
13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

And I've just sat and listened to McCoist, Kenny Miller, and Alan Brazil tell the whole nation that there's no better atmosphere in World football than an Old Firm derby :rofl: 

When you see what supporters do abroad and how they support their team, us lot over here in Scotland are like sitting in a flipping library in comparison! Granny Budge would have a hairy fit if we created an atmosphere like the Poznan fans :lol: 

17 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Typical coupon buster match.    I knew they'd **** it up.   

This all over. F@&k’s sake. ☹️

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

They've also won the league recently and have generally been a top side in Poland with lots of European experience. 

Play in a 41k stadium and even sold a player for £10m

We've been relegated twice and been in Europe twice in 10 years, in the bigger land scape Scottish clubs behind the OF struggle to get past the early qualifiers with some heavy defeats and  defeats to football nobodays a regular occurance.

Some have a really Inflated sense of Hearts ability and reputation in Europe. 

" top teir in our country "...We are the Diddy sides now, we are a joke in Europe. 

That's like saying Van diesel has more hair than the Rock, in European terms we are bottom teir, only the OF prop that up somewhat. 

Outside the OF we are the draw everyone wants in Europe. Scottish teams are rated alongside the Welsh and Irish ones now.

It's just a fact and been that way since the 90's and it continues to decline. 

Rather than concentrate on 2 heavy defeats of a far, far superior seria A side in Fiorentina,  why not give credit for x2 wins, must be one of the  very few away wins in Europe and finishing 3rd In the group.

Tbh, To concentrate on 2 heavy defeats v them is crackpot behaviour. 

Nobody in football was surprised .

Edited by Bazzas right boot

17 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes mate. That is why we got humped. A ****ing makeshift back 4 against a Tier 1 football team.  But feel free bash on with your crackhead shite you’re spouting am not bothered 

grow up

10 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Very true. I think I actually dislike about 90% of the hearts support. Absolute thrusters everywhere on here.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They've also won the league recently and have generally been a top side in Poland with lots of European experience. 

We've been relegated twice and been in Europe twice in 10 years, in the bigger land scape Scottish clubs behind the OF struggle to get past the early qualifiers with some heavy defeats and  defeats to football nobodays a regular occurance.

" top teir in our country "...We are the Diddy sides now, we are a joke in Europe. 

That's like saying Van diesel has more hair than the Rock, in European terms we are bottom teir, only the OF prop that up somewhat. 

Outside the OF we are the draw everyone wants in Europe. Scottish teams are rated alongside the Welsh and Irish ones now.

Rather than concentrate on 2 heavy defeats of a far, far superior seria A side in Fiorentina,  why not give credit for x2 wins, must be one of the  very few away wins in Europe and finishing 3rd. In the group.

Away with your common sense. We've passed slagging team and have moved on to bemoaning performance of the supporters who travelled to Fiorentina.

Some folk just live to criticise Hearts in any way they can.

Think they must live extremely sad lives, but whatever gets them up in morning I guess.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Away with your common sense. We've passed slagging team and have moved on to bemoaning performance of the supporters who travelled to Fiorentina.

Some folk just live to criticise Hearts in any way they can.

Think they must live extremely sad lives, but whatever gets them up in morning I guess.

Ahh, the supporters performances tbf is the reverse of the team, quite solid away from home but a bit passive and defensive at home. 

Maybe we need to believe more...show some dig and fight?

I'm concerned about 2-1 v killie, 0-2 St mirren, 1-0 v hibs and getting splattered by Aberdeen 3-0 before HT. 

We clearly have issues.

Getting  mashed of Fiorentina twice in the European group stages is not one them.

In fact hopefully we are in a position to take more pastings from the likes of Fiorentina next season!

BackOfTheNet
30 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Rather than concentrate on 2 heavy defeats of a far, far superior seria A side in Fiorentina,  why not give credit for x2 wins, must be one of the  very few away wins in Europe and finishing 3rd In the group.

It’s a Fiorentina thread, why would I concentrate on other teams? (Although I said 4 European games meaning Istanbul too, and I also mentioned Riga).

I know Lech have won the league, I mention it in the post you’ve quoted.

Let’s concentrate on Riga though. We managed to beat them twice. They drew with Fiorentina. So that means we’re better than Fiorentina, right? Of course we aren’t, but Riga showed you don’t have to be the better team to compete. Riga are worse than us, but managed to get a draw, because they made a Fiorentina side low on confidence have to work for their win and they couldn’t do it. Whereas we, for all intents and purposes, let them stroll it.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ahh, the supporters performances tbf is the reverse of the team, quite solid away from home but a bit passive and defensive at home. 

I'm concerned about 2-1 v killie, 0-2 St mirren, 1-0 v hibs and getting splattered by Aberdeen 3-0 before HT. 

We clearly have issues.

Getting  mashed of Fiorentina twice in the European group stages is not one them.

In fact hopefully we are in a position to take more pastings from the likes of Fiorentina next season!

That’s where I am. Those heavy European losses, while the performances weren’t us at our best, were always on the cards. Theres absolutely no point in doing an autopsy on them months later, we looked out our depth at that level because we were, shit happens, we looked 3rd best on paper & so it proved.

Our league form is another matter & needs sorted pronto.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s a Fiorentina thread, why would I concentrate on other teams (although I said 4 European games meaning Istanbul too, and I also mentioned Riga).

Let’s concentrate on Riga though. We managed to beat them twice. They drew with Fiorentina. So that means we’re better than Fiorentina, right? Of course we aren’t, but Riga showed you don’t have to be the better team to compete. Riga are worse than us, but managed to get a draw, because they made a Fiorentina side low on confidence have to work for their win and they couldn’t do it. Whereas we l, for all intents and purposes, let them stroll it.

Riga got lucky imo, the stats would back me up.

We beat Riga  x2 and got 6 points.

Unsure of your point or  logiic either tbh, If getting beat of Fiorentina 2-0 or 1-0 would make you  happy or getting a draw v them but beat of Riga twice would,  then fair enough.

Just seems a bit of a waste of energy to think about 2 heavy defeats v Fiorentina then agonise over it half a year later. 

They're a far better side and have pumped a few teams.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Randy Marsh
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s a Fiorentina thread, why would I concentrate on other teams? (Although I said 4 European games meaning Istanbul too, and I also mentioned Riga).

Let’s concentrate on Riga though. We managed to beat them twice. They drew with Fiorentina. So that means we’re better than Fiorentina, right? Of course we aren’t, but Riga showed you don’t have to be the better team to compete. Riga are worse than us, but managed to get a draw, because they made a Fiorentina side low on confidence have to work for their win and they couldn’t do it. Whereas we, for all intents and purposes, let them stroll it.

Great post but you are wasting your time on the simpleton.  Flavio Paixao after banged in over 100 goals in the Polish top flight (well into his 30's) after leaving Hamilton. Speaks volumes.  Been to two Legia matches and wasn't impressed with the standard. 

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Riga got lucky imo, the stats would back me up.

We beat Riga  x2 and got 6 points.

Unsure of your point or  logiic either tbh, If getting beat of Fiorentina 2-0 or 1-0 would make you  happy or getting a draw v them but beat of Riga twice would,  then fair enough.

Just seems a bit of a waste of energy to think about 2 heavy defeats v Fiorentina then agonise over it half a year later. 

They're a far better side and have pumped a few teams.

Why do you and others think me posting on a message board is exerting energy? Is it because my posts are longer than the average? Does it take a lot of energy for others to post?

Fiorentina were on TV, I saw a side they should be comfortably beating turn things around and at one point were beating Fiorentina 3-0 in Florence. Brought to mind our games against them, which in turn brought out how crap we played against them and how little effort they had to put into beating us. And how that was down not to how good they are, but how badly we prepared.

That then in turn brought me on to how many fans (like yourself and others in this thread) preferred to sweep the defeats under the carpet and file them under “was going to happen anyway” when in fact it actually provided us an insight into the limitations of our coaching staff and naivety.

All of this forms within seconds in the brain. A tad longer to type, of course. No energy exerted to think and post it at all though.

LochcarronJambo
39 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We clearly have issues.

Good post 

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I mean take nothing away from a great result but Riga got that draw largely because of how wasteful Fiorentina were, that game easily could have ended up as a pumping on another day

NextGenerationJambo
6 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Great post. How anyone can disagree with this is beyond me.

They must watch Hearts through the most maroon-tinted glasses if they think this is the ramblings of a crackpot.

The record speaks for itself against superior teams. Why bother turning up if it's utterly impossible for us to compete? Because we all know that upsets NEVER happen in football. Well... they don't when you apply the "tactics" you so eloquently outlined. 

BackOfTheNet
Just now, boag1874 said:

I mean take nothing away from a great result but Riga got that draw largely because of how wasteful Fiorentina were, that game easily could have ended up as a pumping on another day

Maybe. And I’m not denying the Riga draw was an anomaly. But my point, which is yet to be refuted, still stands. It wasn’t that we got beat, it’s that they didn’t have to get out first gear or break a sweat to beat us. They’re not Madrid or Man City or anything. They should have had to work to get a result (like they did against Lech), but they didn’t.

I don’t see why anyone would disagree with this, or not feel any other fans would be justified in being pissed off at the manner of the defeat. When fans slag off other fans for having the audacity to be annoyed at crap tactics, preparation and rolling over so a team didn’t have to try, it gets the back up of other fans.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, NextGenerationJambo said:

Great post. How anyone can disagree with this is beyond me.

They must watch Hearts through the most maroon-tinted glasses if they think this is the ramblings of a crackpot.

The record speaks for itself against superior teams. Why bother turning up if it's utterly impossible for us to compete? Because we all know that upsets NEVER happen in football. Well... they don't when you apply the "tactics" you so eloquently outlined. 

:spoton:

Randy Marsh
4 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

This is true but they did get a draw against Istanbul as well.  We just rolled over and got our tummy tickled against them also.