Fiorentina

alicante jambo

alicante jambo

Destroying lech poznan the now 4_1 in poland. At tynecastle they were so far ahead of us it was unreal. Surprised they are so far down the italian league it tells us how good italian football is. They should feel confident enough to win this competition.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Stuart Jack

• Mikey1874

Think they are a quality side, every chance of winning the trophy.

We actually done well to hang on to their coat tails at home.

ScottieMac17
4 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Destroying lech poznan the now 4_1 in poland. At tynecastle they were so far ahead of us it was unreal. Surprised they are so far down the italian league it tells us how good italian football is. They should feel confident enough to win this competition.

They do look very very good. 

If you look at the teams above them in serie A, they are quality too. Bologna, Juv, Atalanta, inter and AC Milan, Roma, Lazio and Napoli... Serie A is a very tough league just now. 

I said to my mate when we played them that they could be in with a chance of winning. 

Very smart strips anaw.

BackOfTheNet

As always though with the Fiorentina games (and Istanbul and pretty much any OF game), it’s not that a better team beats us. It’s how they do it.

Fiorentina are a quality side and have shown this, but against us they didn’t have to. They played against us like it was a pre-season training kick about. They didn’t have to try.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

They do look very very good. 

If you look at the teams above them in serie A, they are quality too. Bologna, Juv, Atalanta, inter and AC Milan, Roma, Lazio and Napoli... Serie A is a very tough league just now. 

I said to my mate when we played them that they could be in with a chance of winning. 

Very smart strips anaw.

Bologna ? Quality? Really?

Luckies1874

They are a decent side and have a chance to win it but realistically who have they beaten?

Hearts, Riga, Istanbul, Sivasspor and Lech Poznan! Hardly Europe's elite. They would get emptied as they regularly do in Serie A (11 wins in 29) if facing real opposition. They'll need to win the Conference League to even be in Europe next season. So let's calm down with the quality, elite side nonsense, as it's just that.

Stuart Jack

Yassss!!! 💜💜💜💜

We're feeling confident and finally starting to click (10 wins and a draw in the last 11, including beating both Milan clubs recently).

Still a chance of 2 trophies this season too!

Thanks again to all the Jambo's on here (and one at work!) who welcomed me at the beginning of the season when we drew each other, at Tynie back in October and for the nice comments too. I wish you guys well for the remainder of the season and onwards. Grazie mille!

Stuart Jack
6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

They are a decent side and have a chance to win it but realistically who have they beaten?

Hearts, Riga, Istanbul, Sivasspor and Lech Poznan! Hardly Europe's elite. They would get emptied as they regularly do in Serie A (11 wins in 29) if facing real opposition. They'll need to win the Conference League to even be in Europe next season. So let's calm down with the quality, elite side nonsense, as it's just that.

Apart from beating two of the Champions League quarter-finalists in the last two weeks (who will probably go on to the semis)? Or indeed potentially winning the Coppa Italia which gets entry to the Europa League? Struggling to see your point or evidence here??

12 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Best to do your research before posting about things you are not itk about. They will be in Europe next season. Beating nearly everyone they play atm.  Good time of the season to be on a winning run. 

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Stuart Jack said:

Apart from beating two of the Champions League quarter-finalists in the last two weeks (who will probably go on to the semis)? Or indeed potentially winning the Coppa Italia which gets entry to the Europa League? Struggling to see your point or evidence here??

I get your happy tonight, congratulations. However just because you have beaten a couple of good (far from great) Italian sides recently does not make you a "quality" side which is the point I was making. You are still mid table in Serie A and not going to qualify for Europe next season by that means. Which shows that you are an average outfit.

As yet you've beaten nobody of note in Europe (rubbish sides in Hearts and Riga, a mediocre 5th placed Turkish side, a poor 12th placed Turkish side and a 3rd placed Polish side!), and frankly you should be one of the clear favourites to win the Conference League. 

Anyway, I mean no offence and am not trying to piss on your parade, I'm just pointing out that you've beaten jack shit in Europe. 

Luckies1874
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Best to do your research before posting about things you are not itk about. They will be in Europe next season. Beating nearly everyone they play atm.  Good time of the season to be on a winning run. 

I am very well aware of who they've beaten and where they are. As I say they won't be in Europe unless they win either the Conference League or the Coppa Italia (Juventus/Inter Milan opponents).

Whilst I appreciate you following me around the board like a love sick puppy, responding at every chance you get, can you please kindly do one. Thanks! 

Edited by Luckies1874

Luckies1874
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Lech Pozan never believed hard enough or had a go?

Think the problem was they are just pretty shit.

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I am very well aware of who they've beaten and where they are. As I say they won't be in Europe unless they win either the Conference League or the Coppa Italia (Juventus/Inter Milan opponents).

Whilst I appreciate you following me around the board like a love sick puppy, responding at every chance you get, but can you please kindly do one. Thanks! 

If they win on Monday they are only four points away from European place in Serie A with 8 games to go and are currently the number 1 form team. 
I don’t follow you, don’t flatter yourself.  However when folk say stupid stuff on here I like to pull them up on it. If that means I respond to you more than others????

bigfatskinnyjambo97

Amrabat (or whatever it is) was caviar against us. Not surprised he went on to have such a good world cup. Almost comparable to Robert Snodgrass in February 2023 for Hearts... 

Just now, R9. said:

Bit strange calling them we 😂 are you Italian called Stuart or Scottish supporting an Italian team. 

You need to check out the threads for our visit to Florence in October.  Stuart was a great help to many Hearts  for that trip. Threads explain why he calls them ‘we’ 

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

If they win on Monday they are only four points away from European place in Serie A with 8 games to go and are currently the number 1 form team. 
I don’t follow you, don’t flatter yourself.  However when folk say stupid stuff on here I like to pull them up on it. If that means I respond to you more than others????

:rofl: absolutely nothing I've said in this thread is "stupid". You may not agree with it which is your prerogative. Fiorentina have beaten absolute guff so far in Europe. Decent side nothing more, nothing less. 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, R9. said:

Bit strange calling them we 😂 are you Italian called Stuart or Scottish supporting an Italian team. 

He is a massive Fiorentina fan, was extremely interesting and helpful back in the Autumn when we faced them. 

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

:rofl: absolutely nothing I've said in this thread is "stupid". You may not agree with it which is your prerogative. Fiorentina have beaten absolute guff so far in Europe. Decent side nothing more, nothing less. 

‘ They will need to win the Conference  league to be in Europe next season ‘ is a pretty stupid statement given the opportunities they still have to qualify.  
Immediately having a go at a non-Hearts guest poster, who did a lot of good stuff for Hearts fans a few months ago isnt maybe stupid but certainly not smart or friendly. 
Anyway I won’t upset you by replying to any more of your posts tonight. Better things to do. 

Jambos_1874

Been keeping an eye on their results too. Would be good to see them win it and I think they're in with a good chance. It is hard to imagine a better away day than the trip to Florence - unbelievable!! (Honourable mention to Anfield though)

Luckies1874
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

‘ They will need to win the Conference  league to be in Europe next season ‘ is a pretty stupid statement given the opportunities they still have to qualify.  
Immediately having a go at a non-Hearts guest poster, who did a lot of good stuff for Hearts fans a few months ago isnt maybe stupid but certainly not smart or friendly. 
Anyway I won’t upset you by replying to any more of your posts tonight. Better things to do. 

It is my personal opinion they will need to win the Conference League to qualify for Europe again. In my view, they are not a "quality" side, they are a good side beating a load of shite, in the Conference League.

I never "had a go at anyone" you 🤡 I merely made a post. The Fiorentina fan responded to my post. I posted before he had even arrived on the thread. 

You are the only aggressor in this thread.

Edited by Luckies1874

Bazzas right boot

Some do have a knack for starting a fight in an empty room.

Good team Fiorentina,  one of many in Seria A.

Maybe they need to ask UEFA to give them harder teams in the draw so that they can prove to some  they are a quality side.

RealMaroonCF

Bati Goaaaalllll

Vai sullo La Viola !!

(Been a massive fan since the 90s.....proud to have seen a goal at the Arti)

38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That clearly means you are infatuated with that poster and "should get a room". Alternatively, a square go at the club's player of the year party. 😄

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

To be fair they also knocked out Braga, who are third in the Portuguese league, 7-2 on aggregate.

Luckies1874

One notable thing about the Conference League 1/4's:

7 of the 8 (only Gent didn't) came through the qualifying rounds which unless we pull our finger out we will end up in next season. Beating the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen, Ross County and St Mirren over the next 6 weeks to secure 3rd seems a lot more straightforward than trying to beat teams of that standard to get into the groups.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 hour ago, Stuart Jack said:

Yassss!!! 💜💜💜💜

We're feeling confident and finally starting to click (10 wins and a draw in the last 11, including beating both Milan clubs recently).

Thanks again to all the Jambo's on here (and one at work!) who welcomed me at the beginning of the season when we drew each other, at Tynie back in October and for the nice comments too. I wish you guys well for the remainder of the season and onwards. Grazie mille!

In bocca al lupo! 

7 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

In bocca al lupo! 

Got a cracking photo of me and the guy in your avatar outside the Cathedral bar in Florence. ❤️

jambo-in-furness

Still can’t forget the mosquitoes 

wee *******s,  nearly spoiled a good few days on the vino!

Stuart Jack

Yes, sorry but never intended to rile up or antagonise fans and I don't understand either the in-fighting or subjective comments without foundation on here.

As they say in football "you can only beat who's in front of you". Yes, it's the Conference, but we want the Europa at least and fans wish we return to the CL. We still have 3 opportunities for this - the league (finishing at least 7th - bearing in mind Juve still face sanctions) Cup and Conference.

We have no 'right' to this but historically we feel it is achievable. After all, we're one of the few clubs who have contested all 3 European finals and have pedigree in the competitions). We have a great young manager and have slowly grown this season with a lot of potential.

As a Fiorentina fan of over 30 years, we're just pleased we're back on the right track, with a good ownership, plans for a new stadium and about to open our new training centre. One step at a time...

As I said, I came on here to be helpful and represent my great club and a city that I love and consider my second home with great friends. I wish you all a great season and hope that one day we meet again!

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Quality side. No shame losing heavily to that lot when we did.

How very Robbie. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Lech Pozan never believed hard enough or had a go?

Is this your new comfort blanket? 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Stuart Jack said:

Yes, sorry but never intended to rile up or antagonise fans and I don't understand either the in-fighting or subjective comments without foundation on here.

As they say in football "you can only beat who's in front of you". Yes, it's the Conference, but we want the Europa at least and fans wish we return to the CL. We still have 3 opportunities for this - the league (finishing at least 7th - bearing in mind Juve still face sanctions) Cup and Conference.

We have no 'right' to this but historically we feel it is achievable. After all, we're one of the few clubs who have contested all 3 European finals and have pedigree in the competitions). We have a great young manager and have slowly grown this season with a lot of potential.

As a Fiorentina fan of over 30 years, we're just pleased we're back on the right track, with a good ownership, plans for a new stadium and about to open our new training centre. One step at a time...

As I said, I came on here to be helpful and represent my great club and a city that I love and consider my second home with great friends. I wish you all a great season and hope that one day we meet again!

Good luck, hope we meet you guys again 👍🏽

Pasquale for King

The fans who went there seem to have brought back a renewed connection with our wonderful club. You can see why qualifying for Europe is such a big thing for us. 

Stuart Jack
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good luck, hope we meet you guys again 👍🏽

Hope so, but let's go a step up Next time for Europa League! 👍

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Stuart Jack said:

Hope so, but let's go a step up Next time for Europa League! 👍

Not sure we are ready for that but yeah in a bit 😜👍🏽

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Stuart Jack said:

No need to "justify" yourself on here to "some" of our more bitter members.

You were streets ahead of us and although that doesn't necessarily prove anything you certainly look as if you have a real chance. If only we could feel close to the same. :(

J.T.F.Robertson
51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Regardless of any of the previous comments,  it would seem they are far better than us. 

"Seem". ;)

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

1 player absolutely ruined us, and he shone at the World Cup too!

Ricardo Quaresma

Shame we had 11 players out and largely shat it though, but they more than likely would have won both legs

colinmaroon
7 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Been keeping an eye on their results too. Would be good to see them win it and I think they're in with a good chance. It is hard to imagine a better away day than the trip to Florence - unbelievable!! (Honourable mention to Anfield though)

I could easily settle in the North, personal preference Verona. 

9 hours ago, Stuart Jack said:

Yassss!!! 💜💜💜💜

Hi Stuart. 

I am in Florence next week, going to try and get to the game but notice the tickets are not on sale yet? is it normal they leave ticket sales so late in Italy? 

Do you think I will have any issues getting a ticket? I still have my account set up from when I purchased tickets in October.