Fiorentina

alicante jambo

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

This is true but they did get a draw against Istanbul as well.  We just rolled over and got our tummy tickled against them also.

:spoton:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Stuart Jack

• Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Maybe. And I’m not denying the Riga draw was an anomaly. But my point, which is yet to be refuted, still stands. It wasn’t that we got beat, it’s that they didn’t have to get out first gear or break a sweat to beat us. They’re not Madrid or Man City or anything. They should have had to work to get a result (like they did against Lech), but they didn’t.

I don’t see why anyone would disagree with this, or not feel any other fans would be justified in being pissed off at the manner of the defeat. When fans slag off other fans for having the audacity to be annoyed at crap tactics, preparation and rolling over so a team didn’t have to try, it gets the back up of other fans.

I think the reason people are getting defensive is they're just fed up of seeing constant negativity levelled at the club & previous manager (even though he's now gone) on just about every single thread.

Listen I'm not saying by any means we were good enough in those games, far from it. The early goals rattled us both times & we never got a sniff of getting back into it. If they don't go in or if Humph's shot that hit the post goes in then maybe we see a different game. All wishful thinking in the end though.

Rigas tactics were pretty simple - sit back, concentrate, use your physicality & don't **** about just boot it up the park every chance you get - it's the exact type of "anti football" people have been moaning about for years. We actually could have done with doing that ourselves tbh (though I'm not sure we had the physicality to pull it off but that's another debate) which would have sent some of our fans into a fit of rage. It was naivety & hopefully lessons have been learned.

Fozzyonthefence
36 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Why do you and others think me posting on a message board is exerting energy? Is it because my posts are longer than the average? Does it take a lot of energy for others to post?

Fiorentina were on TV, I saw a side they should be comfortably beating turn things around and at one point were beating Fiorentina 3-0 in Florence. Brought to mind our games against them, which in turn brought out how crap we played against them and how little effort they had to put into beating us. And how that was down not to how good they are, but how badly we prepared.

That then in turn brought me on to how many fans (like yourself and others in this thread) preferred to sweep the defeats under the carpet and file them under “was going to happen anyway” when in fact it actually provided us an insight into the limitations of our coaching staff and naivety.

All of this forms within seconds in the brain. A tad longer to type, of course. No energy exerted to think and post it at all though.

Great common sense post. Won’t catch on with the hard of thinking / happy clappers though.   We beat a team from Latvia. Nothing to see here. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I think the reason people are getting defensive is they're just fed up of seeing constant negativity levelled at the club & previous manager (even though he's now gone) on just about every single thread.

Listen I'm not saying by any means we were good enough in those games, far from it. The early goals rattled us both times & we never got a sniff of getting back into it. If they don't go in or if Humph's shot that hit the post goes in then maybe we see a different game. All wishful thinking in the end though.

Rigas tactics were pretty simple - sit back, concentrate, use your physicality & don't **** about just boot it up the park every chance you get - it's the exact type of "anti football" people have been moaning about for years. We actually could have done with doing that ourselves tbh (though I'm not sure we had the physicality to pull it off but that's another debate) which would have sent some of our fans into a fit of rage. It was naivety & hopefully lessons have been learned.

We played complete anti football away to Bordeaux and came back with a fantastic 1-0 win.  I don’t recall any Hearts fans complaining about the way we played at the time.  

Unless it’s actually friends / relatives of Robbie or club employees then I could never understand these people getting so angry and defensive, trying to defend the indefensible.  A football message board really isn’t for fans with that kind of disposition. 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

But I doubt Riga from kick off stepped backwards. They left everything on the pitch in terms of effort and endeavour. Because when you have a gulf in quality you have to get in and about, like Scotland did with Spain. You can try and do things to make it a more level playing field without being completely anti-football.

And I get people might be miffed at what’s perceived as having a go at the club. But I assure you I have never done anything of the sort. I had a go at a specific set of tactics deployed in specific games. And, in some cases, took issue with fans that took issue with those who were annoyed by said tactics. Because to be a fan is not to turn a blind eye to terrible decision making. We can all support the club and be critical at the same time. It’s not blind faith here.

My main learning from yesterday was the fans. Especially the Seville fans. Whose team has struggled badly this season.

Amazing support. At least 20 times better than Hearts fans. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Why do you and others think me posting on a message board is exerting energy? Is it because my posts are longer than the average? Does it take a lot of energy for others to post?

Fiorentina were on TV, I saw a side they should be comfortably beating turn things around and at one point were beating Fiorentina 3-0 in Florence. Brought to mind our games against them, which in turn brought out how crap we played against them and how little effort they had to put into beating us. And how that was down not to how good they are, but how badly we prepared.

That then in turn brought me on to how many fans (like yourself and others in this thread) preferred to sweep the defeats under the carpet and file them under “was going to happen anyway” when in fact it actually provided us an insight into the limitations of our coaching staff and naivety.

All of this forms within seconds in the brain. A tad longer to type, of course. No energy exerted to think and post it at all though.

Maybe Fiorentina underperformed a bit?

Unlike when they won 4-1 in the first leg  away in Poland, maybe they switched off, who knows?

When they batterd the likes of Braga and Pozan away, not to mention winning in Milan recently, did you balance it out in your head?

Or just grab at a single result and then brain fart about how shite we are and make points that I'm not even sure what  you know are.

You got one thing right, thoughts do form quickly Brain facts even more so.

Just don't type them out.

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe Fiorentina underperformed a bit?

Unlike when they won 4-1 in the first leg  away in Poland, maybe they switched off, who knows?

When they batterd the likes of Braga and Pozan away, not to mention winning in Milan recently, did you balance it out in your head?

Or just grab at a single result and then brain fart about how shite we are and make points that I'm not even sure what  you know are.

You got one thing right, thoughts do form quickly Brain facts even more so.

Just don't type them out.

I’ll never understand why you talk as if you have such a high opinion of your posts when you can’t even comprehend basic explanations that have been given to you time and time again.

I don’t know how many times - it’s not the losing time better sides, it’s how we lost. For crying out loud, how has this not got through to you yet. You just keep repeating “they’re better” as if it’s some kind of win and then resort to insults. Jeezy peeps man.

periodictabledancer
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ll never understand why you talk as if you have such a high opinion of your posts when you can’t even comprehend basic explanations that have been given to you time and time again.

I don’t know how many times - it’s not the losing time better sides, it’s how we lost. For crying out loud, how has this not got through to you yet. You just keep repeating “they’re better” as if it’s some kind of win and then resort to insults. Jeezy peeps man.

Sixty three thousand posts isn't the sign of a man who lacks self belief. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Sixty three thousand posts isn't the sign of a man who lacks self belief. 

62,999 of them regurgitating the same chucking the toys out the pram pish!

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

My main learning from yesterday was the fans. Especially the Seville fans. Whose team has struggled badly this season.

Amazing support. At least 20 times better than Hearts fans. 

I was seriously impressed with their fans.  Everyone decked out in the club colours right behind their team.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Are they far better than us though? Sitting 3rd in the Polish league right now. Is the Ekstraklasa a much higher standard than the Scottish Premiership? Granted they won the league last season, but they’re 9 points behind Legia Warsaw who are 2nd and 17 points behind Raków Częstochowa who are top. Can only assume Raków Częstochowa must be a far, far better side than us - even though the majority on here would have as much knowledge of them at the start of the season as they did RFS Riga.

But again - for the umpteenth time in this thread (and almost every Neilson thread that came before) - it’s not about being beaten by a better team, or outclassed by a better quality opponent. It’s the way in which it happens. And no, this isn’t a call to arms saying we “should huv had a go”, it’s about recognising better quality players thrive if you give them time on the ball to do what they want. So don’t give them that time, at least make them work to create space, rather than sit off them and just let them have it. The tactics we deployed in 4 European games (and most games against the OF) would give ANYONE a chance against us.

We weren’t hard to beat, that’s the issue. Not that we didn’t try and win, or that we should have won, or that we should “huv had a go” or anything like that. Just basic tactical preparation to be hard to beat first, and have options on the counter once the ball was won (if the better quality players gave us a sniff). But we not only weren’t hard to beat, but as usual when going a goal down we didn’t have any plan B. So it ended up being a training match.

Long and short is, we’re not Brora against us a few years ago or Darvel against Aberdeen here. We’re a top tier side in our country, and therefore any team in that Conference League should at the very least have to break a sweat or get out of first gear to beat us. And they didn’t. I don’t see why it’s such a big deal to be annoyed by this fact, yet I get called a crackhead and crackpot in the same thread for thinking so. Bloody hell.

Yes. I would imagine nearly every one of their players is betrer than the equivalent we have in our team at the moment:

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But I doubt Riga from kick off stepped backwards. 

That's twice you've made that assertion.

You really should've typed 'FACT' afterwards both times as you are simply wrong and clearly guilty of myth-making. It renders your other analysis worthless.

Typically, highlights tend to concentrate on the goals but even these ones totally contradict your 'fact'. Perhaps you could explain how Humphrys hitting the post so early in the game with Forrest on the follow-up squares with your 'fact' that Hearts 'stepped backwards from kick-off'.

Similarly, should you care to go to 3 mins 10 secs on these highlights, you'll see Humphrys scoring at the start of the second half. That's quite a feat for team who only only stepped backwards.

As the commentator said after Humphrys' goal:-

"Lightning start to the second half, just like the first."

In other words, you have been talking nonsense.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yes. I would imagine nearly every one of their players is betrer than the equivalent we have in our team at the moment:

Right. Even if that’s the case, it doesn’t explain our dismal display.

Is it a case that you and others just take a beating from whoever is expected to beat us regardless of the performance? There’s no difference between say the 3-4 Celtic game and the last game we played against Rangers? Same amount of points earned, lost when expected to beforehand, sure. But surely you see a difference between the too and why the approach, tactics etc can be questioned more with one than the other? Surely?

BackOfTheNet
43 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

That's twice you've made that assertion.

You really should've typed 'FACT' afterwards both times as you are simply wrong and clearly guilty of myth-making. It renders your other analysis worthless.

Typically, highlights tend to concentrate on the goals but even these ones totally contradict your 'fact'. Perhaps you could explain how Humphrys hitting the post so early in the game with Forrest on the follow-up squares with your 'fact' that Hearts 'stepped backwards from kick-off'.

Similarly, should you care to go to 3 mins 10 secs on these highlights, you'll see Humphrys scoring at the start of the second half. That's quite a feat for team who only only stepped backwards.

As the commentator said after Humphrys' goal:-

"Lightning start to the second half, just like the first."

In other words, you have been talking nonsense.

I was more thinking about the home game rather than the away one. But that’s irrelevant. We shat the bed in both games. Fiorentina didn’t have to play well to beat us, you can’t dispute that?

The Treasurer
47 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I was more thinking about the home game rather than the away one. But that’s irrelevant. We shat the bed in both games. Fiorentina didn’t have to play well to beat us, you can’t dispute that?

But I think we can all agree that Fiorentina are quite a good team 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Home game?

Did they not beat Poznan 4-1 at their gaff?

Using the home game is even more crackpot than Using the game they actually got beat in as a comparison. 

It's almost like they smashed Pozan to bits,then switched of in the 2nd leg for a bit, before pulling it together. 

Fiorentina also, iirc beat Riga 3-0 away.

Using our home game is probably the worst example ever.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Greedy Jambo

Tosh will dispute absolutely everything critical of Hearts. 

If he was a player, he'd be a defender, and a shite one at that. 

BackOfTheNet
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Home game?

Did they not beat Poznan 4-1 at their gaff?

Using the home game is even more crackpot than Using the game they actually got beat in as a comparison. 

It's almost like they smashed Pozan to bits,then switched of in the 2nd leg for a bit, before pulling it together. 

Fiorentina also, iirc beat Riga 3-0 away.

Using our home game is probably the worst example ever.

You know what, **** off. You’re either an imbecile that thinks all teams better than us on paper should have us bend over and take it, or you’re being deliberately obtuse. I’m done with you and you’re shite.

BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

But I think we can all agree that Fiorentina are quite a good team 

Yes, they are. Just like Celtic are. Doesn’t mean we should adopt tactics that let them run all over us without breaking a sweat now, should it?

BackOfTheNet
4 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Tosh will dispute absolutely everything critical of Hearts. 

If he was a player, he'd be a defender, and a shite one at that. 

:spoton:

Doctor FinnBarr
12 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They've also won the league recently and have generally been a top side in Poland with lots of European experience. 

Play in a 41k stadium and even sold a player for £10m

We've been relegated twice and been in Europe twice in 10 years, in the bigger land scape Scottish clubs behind the OF struggle to get past the early qualifiers with some heavy defeats and  defeats to football nobodays a regular occurance.

Some have a really Inflated sense of Hearts ability and reputation in Europe. 

" top teir in our country "...We are the Diddy sides now, we are a joke in Europe. 

That's like saying Van diesel has more hair than the Rock, in European terms we are bottom teir, only the OF prop that up somewhat. 

Outside the OF we are the draw everyone wants in Europe. Scottish teams are rated alongside the Welsh and Irish ones now.

It's just a fact and been that way since the 90's and it continues to decline. 

Rather than concentrate on 2 heavy defeats of a far, far superior seria A side in Fiorentina,  why not give credit for x2 wins, must be one of the  very few away wins in Europe and finishing 3rd In the group.

Tbh, To concentrate on 2 heavy defeats v them is crackpot behaviour. 

Nobody in football was surprised .

Sorry? What team we talking about?

Naisys Tackle
18 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

lol  it's the ones that can't live without the last word that I find amusing.

I used to.  Now they are on ignore :) 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You know what, **** off. You’re either an imbecile that thinks all teams better than us on paper should have us bend over and take it, or you’re being deliberately obtuse. I’m done with you and you’re shite.

Thank **** for that.  Now you can ignore the tosser instead of quoting him. 

3 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Thank **** for that.  Now you can ignore the tosser instead of quoting him. 

A bit much NT, folk are allowed to disagree.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yeah true.  Sorry.  I didn't actually mean that.   And he's not a tosser.  Sorry for that too. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Sorry? What team we talking about?

Appoligies, Relegated/ demoted.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Tbh, That's bordering on crackpot behaviour. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Nah, you can't. 

If you don't follow the narrative that everything is shite, it's always been shite and we underperform all the time , then get emotional,  aggressive and call folk names when balance is brought into it then your not doing it right.

Slag Hearts, double down on Bob and Slag everything he's done, slag the players,  use random foreign results to help you make your point, then slag posters pointing out different results to counter.

Rinse, repeat.

More and more like talk Hearts this place, where it's just a rip Hearts forum.

A few posters are balanced, but for the most it's more and more becoming a medium for frustrated middle aged men to vent and rage  at using Hearts as the outlet, football talk is secondary. 

For example, Back of the net has had a meltdown,  all because other results such as Poznan getting  beat 4-1 at home by Fiorentina was pointed out to him.

Funny and disturbing in equal measure. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

BackOfTheNet
46 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, you can't. 

If you don't follow the narrative that everything is shite, it's always been shite and we underperform all the time , then get emotional,  aggressive and call folk names when balance is brought into it then your not doing it right.

Slag Hearts, double down on Bob and Slag everything he's done, slag the players,  use random foreign results to help you make your point, then slag posters pointing out different results to counter.

Rinse, repeat.

More and more like talk Hearts this place, where it's just a rip Hearts forum.

A few posters are balanced, but for the most it's more and more becoming a medium for frustrated middle aged men to vent and rage  at using Hearts as the outlet, football talk is secondary. 

For example, Back of the net has had a meltdown,  all because other results such as Poznan getting  beat 4-1 at home by Fiorentina was pointed out to him.

Funny and disturbing in equal measure. 

Said I was going to leave it, but this diatribe can’t be ignored. I’ve had no meltdown. You like to throw words like that out like confetti, don’t you? Like when you said I had a meltdown because we didn’t sign a backup keeper only for the club to sign Clark, basically backing up every point I made in that transfer thread at the time. (Calmly and assuredly, which you constitutes a meltdown just because you didn’t think a backup keeper was needed)

You’re the one that can’t see criticism of particular games as constructive. I’m not a fanatic, I’m a fan of the club. I want the club to do better, so I criticise where it’s due. I also give credit where it’s due, even in a loss. But you ignore this as you think ANY criticism, even constructive, is “hating” Hearts. That’s so childish I barely know where to begin with that. (Maybe I should call you a cry baby or something, like you would easily do if in my shoes?)

Your last reply to me last night - besides from calling me a crackpot for the second time - was baseless as you based it on Lech’s home game against Fiorentina when I was clearly talking about our own home game against Fiorentina. You missed the point entirely, but still puffed your chest out in a cocky way. You’re making up arguments in your head and arguing with yourself, and then insult other posters in the process.

So don’t give any crap about “slag posters pointing out different results to counter”. All you do BRB, ALL you do, is slag other posters off. It’s your reason for being here. You can guise it all you want that you’re defending Hearts (you hero, you) but that’s bull. Any post you perceive as hating Hearts (again, so naive and childish) you swan in, give some condescending throw away remark and end it with an insult to that particular poster or a group of fans. You have a style and stick to it, I’ll give you that much.

I’ve laid out unequivocally on many occasion why I was not happy with the Fiorentina and Istanbul games. Provided my own analysis, opinion and fact as to how we approached those games (strange, for a football forum, I know) But I’ve comparatively applauded and lauded how we played getting beat 3-4 by Celtic and by Zurich. Yet you, for some god forsaken blinkered binary reason, think that just because a team better than us on paper beats us, it is what it is and we move on without question. That we as a club don’t/shouldn’t learn from it and get better, we don’t pinpoint what went wrong and use it to make judgements of the players, the coaching staff, the tactics, the recruitment - all because they are a better team and should have won anyway. Are we only meant to judge the team, staff and recruitment based on how we play against teams we’re  expected to beat? Seems daft to me, and I doubt anyone at the club would agree with that. But that’s what you’re promoting with your black or white view.

I’ll finish by not insulting you (cheers for calling me a crackpot for a third time by the way). But I’ll end by having my post stop right at this point without any inexplicable space randomly at the bottom for no apparent reason.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Said I was going to leave it, but this diatribe can’t be ignored. I’ve had no meltdown. You like to throw words like that out like confetti, don’t you? Like when you said I had a meltdown because we didn’t sign a backup keeper only for the club to sign Clark, basically backing up every point I made in that transfer thread at the time. (Calmly and assuredly, which you constitutes a meltdown just because you didn’t think a backup keeper was needed)

You’re the one that can’t see criticism of particular games as constructive. I’m not a fanatic, I’m a fan of the club. I want the club to do better, so I criticise where it’s due. I also give credit where it’s due, even in a loss. But you ignore this as you think ANY criticism, even constructive, is “hating” Hearts. That’s so childish I barely know where to begin with that. (Maybe I should call you a cry baby or something, like you would easily do if in my shoes?)

Your last reply to me last night - besides from calling me a crackpot for the second time - was baseless as you based it on Lech’s home game against Fiorentina when I was clearly talking about our own home game against Fiorentina. You missed the point entirely, but still puffed your chest out in a cocky way. You’re making up arguments in your head and arguing with yourself, and then insult other posters in the process.

So don’t give any crap about “slag posters pointing out different results to counter”. All you do BRB, ALL you do, is slag other posters off. It’s your reason for being here. You can guise it all you want that you’re defending Hearts (you hero, you) but that’s bull. Any post you perceive as hating Hearts (again, so naive and childish) you swan in, give some condescending throw away remark and end it with an insult to that particular poster or a group of fans. You have a style and stick to it, I’ll give you that much.

I’ve laid out unequivocally on many occasion why I was not happy with the Fiorentina and Istanbul games. Provided my own analysis, opinion and fact as to how we approached those games (strange, for a football forum, I know) But I’ve comparatively applauded and lauded how we played getting beat 3-4 by Celtic and by Zurich. Yet you, for some god forsaken blinkered binary reason, think that just because a team better than us on paper beats us, it is what it is and we move on without question. That we as a club don’t/shouldn’t learn from it and get better, we don’t pinpoint what went wrong and use it to make judgements of the players, the coaching staff, the tactics, the recruitment - all because they are a better team and should have won anyway. Are we only meant to judge the team, staff and recruitment based on how we play against teams we’re  expected to beat? Seems daft to me, and I doubt anyone at the club would agree with that. But that’s what you’re promoting with your black or white view.

I’ll finish by not insulting you (cheers for calling me a crackpot for a third time by the way). But I’ll end by having my post stop right at this point without any inexplicable space randomly at the bottom for no apparent reason.

Crackpot behaviour, not a crackpot.

Based on your logic and rants-I stand by it.

ShortmanRossco
25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This is possibly up there with one of the best posts I've ever seen on JKB.

A grammatical masterpiece.

Bravo.

• 3 weeks later...
Luckies1874
On 14/04/2023 at 00:00, Stuart Jack said:

Yes, sorry but never intended to rile up or antagonise fans and I don't understand either the in-fighting or subjective comments without foundation on here.

As they say in football "you can only beat who's in front of you". Yes, it's the Conference, but we want the Europa at least and fans wish we return to the CL. We still have 3 opportunities for this - the league (finishing at least 7th - bearing in mind Juve still face sanctions) Cup and Conference.

We have no 'right' to this but historically we feel it is achievable. After all, we're one of the few clubs who have contested all 3 European finals and have pedigree in the competitions). We have a great young manager and have slowly grown this season with a lot of potential.

As a Fiorentina fan of over 30 years, we're just pleased we're back on the right track, with a good ownership, plans for a new stadium and about to open our new training centre. One step at a time...

As I said, I came on here to be helpful and represent my great club and a city that I love and consider my second home with great friends. I wish you all a great season and hope that one day we meet again!

What's happening Stuart? Since the first leg win against Lech Poznan there has only been one win in eight!  Completely out the European qualification reckoning in the league, now behind after the home leg in the Conference semi and clear underdogs against a rejuvenated Inter in the Coppa Italia. Is the season in danger of collapse or are you still confident a big finish is on the cards?

Naisys Tackle
On 22/04/2023 at 09:27, BackOfTheNet said:

What a post.. 

Back of the net indeed. 

Stuart Jack
57 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

What's happening Stuart? Since the first leg win against Lech Poznan there has only been one win in eight!  Completely out the European qualification reckoning in the league, now behind after the home leg in the Conference semi and clear underdogs against a rejuvenated Inter in the Coppa Italia. Is the season in danger of collapse or are you still confident a big finish is on the cards?

Indeed. That's the million dollar (or is it Euros) question?! I honestly felt really confident a few weeks ago after a long 15 game streak with wins against both Milan clubs etc. We've apparently played the most games this season (over 50) and some have claimed tiredness, but we've have clearly prioritised both cups; understandably given no trophy in 22 years. We would consider either one of them a successful season, not just for glory, but gaining European football next season. 

Inter have come back into form but we beat them 1-0 at San Siro a month ago and were extremely unlucky and controversially beaten 4-3 by them this season. In a one off match next week, I think it will be close but a great achievement if we can do it!

As for tonight, that was a poor performance, especially after taking the lead. It was lacklustre and complacent. We lacked intensity and creativity and many fans are frustrated with the same errors being made - particularly a high line, slack passes and late changes by the coach.

Having said that, we can and must play better in the 2nd leg. Given our great winning run away from home in the Conference (apart from the 0-0 v Twente and freak result in Istanbul) we should go in confident of overturning it....in addition to the Tynecastle match, we've had 3-0 v RFS, 4-0 v Braga, 4-1 v Sivasspor and 4-1 v Lech Poznan. 

I'm inclined to do the usual fan default of 'wait and see'. If we do end up empty handed, then I'd view it as a poor season not getting Euro football, although there are some positives and a platform to build from. A cup win and it will be huge in terms of psychology and belief that we're progressing. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Fiorentina leveled the semifinal tie at 3-3, now going to extra time.

👀

Stuart Jack

Can't take this stress! One more goal, please!!! 15 mins + penalties is hard to watch. 

Weirdly, if we make it through, I fancy us to beat the Hammers more easily....

RustyRightPeg

There will still be people that think we could’ve snuck something off Fiorentina. Classy outfit. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Stuart Jack

Yes!!!!! Forza ragazzi!!!! 💜⚜️💜

Thanks for the support and kind messages fron you guys....we now have a chance of the double (or even just the one trophy after 22 years) 

Hope we meet again in Europe at some point later 👍

SectionDJambo

We enjoyed being in Florence, despite the result, and I think the citizens of Florence enjoyed having us. The local economy must have received a massive boost over those couple of days.

It’s good to see them making the final.

Stuart Jack
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

We enjoyed being in Florence, despite the result, and I think the citizens of Florence enjoyed having us. The local economy must have received a massive boost over those couple of days.

It’s good to see them making the final.

Thanks man, you're welcome! I know the Florentines praised your numbers and good natured support!