Snodgrass

gorgierulesapply88

SwindonJambo
4 minutes ago, Canscot said:

I think the last time a player was released before the end of the season was when Stendel punted Berra. 

He wasn't released. He was loaned to Dundee and Robbie brought him back in the Summer and he played in much of the Championship season.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Naisys Tackle

• GinRummy

• Sooks

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

I can’t be bothered checking, but has the Snodgrass last text message to the team group chat been spoken about here?

Not that I've seen.

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I can’t be bothered checking, but has the Snodgrass last text message to the team group chat been spoken about here?

What did he say?

12 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Come on spill

He messaged the team group chat to say he was away and all the guys can now take the knives out his back.

*Robert Snodgrass left the chat

He messaged the team group chat to say he was away and all the guys can now take the knives out his back.

:D Seriously????

maroonedinlivvy

The podiatrist asked if anyone needed anything and he asked if she could take the knives out his back.

Maybe the players didn't like Snodgrass calling them out for being unfit, unprofessional and generally shite?

Edited by MrBones

3 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Maybe the players didn't like Snodgrass calling them out for being unfit, unprofessional and generally shite?

After todays awful surrender to a bad Hibs side no one could disagree with Snodgrass or his opinion on his ex teammates

Getting rid of Neilson and Snodgrass won’t stop the rot, way more surgery required 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, MrBones said:

I suspect something similar. Snodgrass has told them it straight and they didn't like it 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I suspect something similar. Snodgrass has told them it straight and they didn't like it 

I certainly hope so. At least someone has been able to tell this team exactly what they are. 

Scott Leitch
7 hours ago, Canscot said:

What did he say?

Seemingly told that creepy Hibs rat with the hair our line up and formation.

7 hours ago, maroonedinlivvy said:

The podiatrist asked if anyone needed anything and he asked if she could take the knives out his back.

Seems he doesn't know what a podiatrist does for a living! Lol

16 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Seemingly told that creepy Hibs rat with the hair our line up and formation.

No chance. Even if he was pissed off and bitter, it would label him as untrustworthy and nobody would work with him. AND I doubt Naismith would have involved him at all in any of that given he canned him pretty much straight away. 

Scott Leitch
46 minutes ago, OTT said:

No chance. Even if he was pissed off and bitter, it would label him as untrustworthy and nobody would work with him. AND I doubt Naismith would have involved him at all in any of that given he canned him pretty much straight away. 

I know that. Just letting the poster know the rumour that was going around. 

WheatfieldWarrior
25 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I can't see it either.  It was a completely predictable team selection in any case.  

Pasquale for King

I think SN is trying to bring back the teams confidence and doesnt want to berate them, probably couldn’t do that with the youngsters either. 
Getting them onside by releasing the demanding Snodgrass is part of that, he wouldn’t have been any worse than Halliday today tbh. 
All managers like to show a bit of power and control by getting rid of an outspoken or troublesome player early doors. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, MrBones said:

Definitely, and he would be right. But to get them onside SN had to get rid of him. Whether that works we wait to see. 

• 1 month later...

When do we think we'll get Robert's side of the story? He said he would tell all after the season was done.

Surely the Sun newspaper will have an Exclusive about how he was treated like a slave and how awful everything is at the club. 

Can write your own headlines now in preparation! 

Edited by Jambo RGT

been here before
12 minutes ago, Jambo RGT said:

When do we think we'll get Robert's side of the story? He said he would tell all after the season was done.

Surely the Sun newspaper will have an Exclusive about how he was treated like a slave and how awful everything is at the club. 

Apart from a few bangers on here, who gives a ****?

1 hour ago, Jambo RGT said:

Genuinely could not care less what he has to say . I would be more interested to hear what Burley had to say but even then , it would just be a casual passing interest now 

1 hour ago, Jambo RGT said:

Don’t give a monkey’s.

Spellczech
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Genuinely could not care less what he has to say . I would be more interested to hear what Burley had to say but even then , it would just be a casual passing interest now 

I'm a wee bit surprised that this has never come out - not like Hearts would sue, and Vlad clearly can't! Is it reasonable to infer that it might not be in GB's interest to tell the story?

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I'm a wee bit surprised that this has never come out - not like Hearts would sue, and Vlad clearly can't! Is it reasonable to infer that it might not be in GB's interest to tell the story?

Suspect the same 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Couldn't care less ! I actually think he one of the reasons players downed tools 

My theory too. Robbie gave him too much influence and he ran with it and peed everyone off.  Probably well intentioned on his behalf but it split the dressing room.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

My theory too. Robbie gave him too much influence and he ran with it and peed everyone off.  Probably well intentioned on his behalf but it split the dressing room.

Nailed 

31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Couldn't care less ! I actually think he one of the reasons players downed tools 

Yea I agree with this. RS had special dispensation to miss or sit out certain things that the other players had to do and this caused a revolt. He wasn’t popular with his fellow pros as they didn’t like his cosying up to management. Thankfully Naisy saw through him.

If he ever tells his side of story then you know it’s only going to be from a Snodgrass perspective and will be the usual….full of piss and wind. One of the reasons we finished 4th after a horrendous run. who cares what he’s got to say. PS the snodric chat was as cringey AF 🤢

42 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

38 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

What happened was after 2 or 3 of the bad results players couldn't understand why one of the major faults of the team (Snodgrass being closed down easily) wasn't being addressed. It wasn't a mutiny or split dressing room as such. Just where the coach starts to lose the players. 

Bull's-eye

Made up nonsense on here is way better than the truth.

Wouldn't believe anything he said anyway.

Meh, I’m sure he’ll have his opinion on what went wrong but I can’t say I’m really bothered. All I care enough about is what I could see with my own eyes - a guy with huge talent & experience that initially strolled it & helped us along massively but once teams closed him down he didn’t have the legs to deal with it & should have been dropped much earlier than he was - maybe with Beni back & Haring not toiling things would be different 

Edited by boag1874

17 hours ago, Jambo RGT said:

IF RS's side of the story is that he was singled out/mistreated by Naismaith then the Sun/Mail/Whatever other rag will be holding onto the story until Naismith gets/doesn't get the managers job, if it's a falling out with certain players then they'll keep it until the new season and break the 'exclusive' just before our first game against one of the OF

The Treasurer

Like most posters I'm not really interested. It's in the past, we move on.

But you can be sure, if there is any "dirt" to be dished, it will appear in the rags in the week leading up to us playing one of the arse cheeks

Who cares about celtic are the only team I would come back to Scotland for .Robert Snodgrass thinks. His Ego was a huge part of the dressing room problem. His quotes about players just passing the ball to him all the time were stupid. Just showed other clubs how to shut us down . No player is bigger than the club.

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC

Getting himself sent off in that St Mirren game was among the most pathetic things I've seen a Hearts player do.

Could see him charging about trying to do it for about 10 minutes beforehand too 🐀

20 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Like most posters I'm not really interested. It's in the past, we move on.

But you can be sure, if there is any "dirt" to be dished, it will appear in the rags in the week leading up to us playing one of the arse cheeks

I think the dirt(if any) will be dished as soon as he signs his next pension top up. He won’t want to rock any boats till then. 

rudeskaboyuk

I have absolutely nothing against Snodgrass and actually enjoyed watching him play when things were going for him and the team. Unfortunately some signings just don't work out. 

It doesn't mean we have to hate him. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I have absolutely nothing against Snodgrass and actually enjoyed watching him play when things were going for him and the team. Unfortunately some signings just don't work out. 

Correct.  The disrespect for the guy is completely baffling. 

I really do not see why we are still talking about him.

I thought he was a poor signing and expected a lot more from someone with his experience.

For me, he emphasised everything that was wrong with the way we played during our shocking run of form that ultimately cost us 3rd place this season.

Unknown user
18 hours ago, Jambo RGT said:

Robert who?

heartsfc_fan

Completely forgot about him. The energy levels and team performance has improved since he left.

1 hour ago, R9. said:

Surprised Livingston haven’t signed him and used it as a ploy it get another 5 fans to buy season tickets. To take the total to 105

He'll end up at Dundee United or Partick Thistle.

That's about his level now.

LochcarronJambo
6 hours ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

My thoughts too

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Yeah, I don't want to drag things out -- he played very well for us for a while.

But I do think he was absolutely lighting into some of the younger players, including some whom we've given very long contracts to, to the point that they legitimately hated playing with him. Anyone who's been in a team of any kind will know the type—they think they're doing the youngbloods a favor by toughening them up when in fact they're just destroying their confidence by making them think a senior player thinks they're shite.

Doesn't even have to be a majority. If you have an irreconcilable split in the changing room and one side is a bunch of young players with multi-year contracts and the other side is a few mid-30s players on the tail end of their careers, you cut the old guys.

• Selkirkhmfc1874 changed the title to Bellend picture of the day