• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• BackOfTheNet

• Luckies1874

• Pete Elliott

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Those quotes from Elbows speaks volumes about the coaching issues under useless Robbie. 

Honestly raging reading that. You are the exact people that are meant to show leadership and recognise these issues. Earn your keep. 

Glad both of them are out on their arse. Useless.

He is fibbing. Stll useless tho.

Luckies1874

Many will disagree but this all comes down to the wrong mentality, culture and lack of accountability right from the top. It’s far from the only reason but it’s definitely amongst them and means we are so often found wanting when it matters. You need people in the dressing room who demand better, demand more. If some of the players can’t take that then find guys who can! By the way the new Technical Director was one of those types so I’m hoping he will find players with the correct character traits. 

Edited by Luckies1874

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

McCulloch sounding the utter moron he comes across as. 

That's what a lobotomy does.

12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

McCulloch sounding the utter moron he comes across as. 

He’s an absolute halfwit. Probably still can’t work out how it all went wrong. 

My tuppence worth ...

To begin with, Snodgrass was very good for us. He used his experience and skills to good effect and was, to quote a trope, 'strolling it'.

We all recognise our poor return last season from set pieces (especially corners) but who was it who sent in corners from the left of goal two SPL games in a row to be headed home by none other than Andy Halliday (away v Ross Co; home v M'Well)?

Who was it who bagged an (albeit very fortunate) away goal from open play v St Mirren (brilliantly placed at the far post just begging for a tap-in which fooled the entire defence & 'keeper)?

Aye, it was Snodgrass. I could cite other examples.

Winding back to his earlier games I saw him give Robbie pelters at Tynie and thought that that was a good indication of his drive. But, it could very well be that such intensity ultimately swayed Robbie to cut him too much slack and, perhaps, allow too much influence? Who knows?

Fast forward to 4th March at home v St J and my Schalke Jambo fan chum (who knows his football) actually pointed Snodgrass out as being a liability. My chum had no reason to be other than objective.

The rot ... or whatever ... had set in.

Make no mistake; pro footballers want to win, and Snodgrass is no exception.

He will have done whatever he thought was best, but something(s) went awry.

Idle speculation as to the minutiae of what went wrong, or what Snodgrass or anyone else may or may not 'reveal' is less than helpful. But, Naismith clearly addressed it and our performances improved dramatically.

Who disagrees that our last 6 matches (cannae be arsed commenting on the derby as it's been done to death) weren't what we'd been missing performance-wise?

Individual errors, shitty reffing, and having to utilise the same players, albeit with variations, were the order of the day(s); and yet we did better post-split than previously.

Castigating Snodgrass as the villain of the piece is bonkers. Why? Because there'll always be more to it than we'll ever find out.

A big, nay, HUGE Venn diagram with Robbie (bless 'im) at the centre. Oh, and with other players suspect as to their professionalism.

Rant over.

❤️❤️G❤️

Luckies1874

Huge problem is the vast majority of legitimately top players we attract are going to be on the back end of their careers and well past their best. They then become frustrated at i) the realisation that they are getting slower, more injury prone and can’t do what they once did and ii) they are playing with far inferior players to the ones they are used too. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Hungry hippo

Sounds like McCulloch just giving a 'no comment' on player arguments rather than saying he wasn't involved or interested.

Naisys Tackle

Is elbows not just saving his mate Robbie who had lost the dressing room?  Hes not gonna admit the dressing room was carnage is he?

BackOfTheNet

Gonna admit something here, I always hated that McCulloch was part of the coaching set up. I tried to convince myself it was only because of his diabolical stint in charge of Kilmarnock (almost relegated them and Steve Clarke got 3rd with the same players) so thought his ‘coaching’ ability was utter shite.

But to be honest I always hated the ‘elbows’ nickname, his Rangers hard ons, and his flood light teeth and Brendan Rodgers tan. We had a proper ned on our coaching staff, and I absolutely hated that too.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Drylaw Hearts
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Gonna admit something here, I always hated that McCulloch was part of the coaching set up. I tried to convince myself it was only because of his diabolical stint in charge of Kilmarnock (almost relegated them and Steve Clarke got 3rd with the same players) so thought his ‘coaching’ ability was utter shite.

But to be honest I always hated the ‘elbows’ nickname, his Rangers hard ons, and his flood light teeth and Brendan Rodgers tan. We had a proper ned on our coaching staff, and I absolutely hated that too.

This.

Neilson picked poorly there imo.

23 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Is elbows not just saving his mate Robbie who had lost the dressing room?  Hes not gonna admit the dressing room was carnage is he?

He’s went a wee bit further and said it had nothing to do with him and he wasn’t interested. Maybe not what you want to hear from an assistant manager when the dressing room is at loggerheads and the form is down the toilet. 

Good luck with your future endeavours you horrible hun prick. 

Edited by GinRummy

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He’s went a wee bit further and said it had nothing to do with him and he wasn’t interested. Maybe not what you want to hear from an assistant manager when the dressing room is at loggerheads and the form is down the toilet. 

Good luck with your future endeavours you horrible hun prick. 

True and totally agree :lol: 

gorgierulesapply88
2 hours ago, DS98 said:

‘Snoddy’ can **** off and McCulloch can **** right off. 

Snodgrass was absolutely wank for months and a big factor in our decline. As a DM he couldn’t lace Haring’s left boot.

Haring is horrific.

Horatio Caine

I think McCulloch was being disingenuous with his `shrug of the shoulders`type answer.  He's bound to have known what was going on.  Even if he didn't, it just proves he & Robbie weren't doing the job they'd been paid for.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

McCulloch said: "I think there's obviously been a fallout in the dressing room. Snoddy's not been happy with some things going on that I'm not going to get involved in because that's the players - we were the coaching staff.

"Unless we were involved in that then I would say something about it. Snoddy came out with a statement saying that he'll come out and say something when the time is right and wishes the boys all the best and I think 99% of the dressing room got in touch with him.

Asked if Snodgrass was too vocal about Hearts' troubles at that time and as such, the rest of the players didn't like it, McCulloch replied: "I don't know about that because that would have been in the dressing room.

"What I can say is when we were taking a dip in form, Snoddy was the one that was showing true leadership for me and showing how much of a winner he was.

"For me, I've been in dressing rooms - especially at the bigger clubs, or Rangers let's say - and you dig each other out, that's how you get the best of each other.

"Some maybe can't handle it, some can but for me that's the way to have a togetherness. Because you can have a fallout and then go 'right c'mon'."

That's absolutely appalling. That's the clearest statement we've had yet about the rumors that Snoddy was digging into the rest of the players. Now it's apparent that McCulloch was in the other room listening through the door and nodding in approval as our team spirit and morale went into the shitter.

Neilson has to take the ultimate blame for this situation but it's now plain as day that a huge reason the management team couldn't fix it was that one of our senior assistants thought it was all fine and good.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Absolutely to all of this. McCulloch was one of my least favorite SPFL players when he was playing, and I tried to swallow that when he joined us, and when things were going well, it was fine.

**** him, though. **** him roundly. Hope he never darkens the grounds at Tynecastle again unless his team is getting run off the park.

Lone Striker

It'll be interesting to see who Robbie picks as his assistant when he gets another manager job.     Always wondered if it was him or Crawford who instigated the split after they got punted from MK Dons.

Actually find it astonishing for mcculloch to come out with that. As many others have said it's surely his job to know what's going on in the dressing room. Who's going to want to emply him as an assistant when he freely admits to having no clue to what's going on within the squad

Spoiler

Edited by DD88

1 hour ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

This.

Neilson picked poorly there imo.

Got to agree here. He had a good team in his first spell with Stevie Crawford. McCulloch was a poor choice that baffles me TBH. Felt a bit similar to @BackOfTheNet where I didn't really take to him being at the club. Couldn't even call him "Jig" because I have absolutely zero affection for him. 

My view on it is the rot starts at the head. Its up to the manager to build a management team that can control the squad and manage the bigger personalities whilst achieving the objectives it hopes to achieve. Clearly he ****ed it there. I'm a bit confused on why McCulloch was ever there. Gordon Forrest strikes me as one of those guys you've never heard of but is a quality coach that absolutely loves the game and has a deep understanding of it. McCulloch on the flip side... doesn't. I initially thought that McCulloch was the "Locke" of the team, i.e he's there to help with coaching, and keep morale up - I might be doing Lockey a bit disservice there with that comparison, so apologies in advance to him. Whereas Robbie and Forrest were the brains of the operation. But evidently, morale hit the floor. So he ****ed that one...

FWIW I would have had Locke in Robbies set up in a heart beat. His love and passion for the club is obviously infectious, and anyone who can keep morale up in the way that he and Paulo Sergio did during the 2012 season whilst Vlad wasn't paying wages, is an incredibly talented individual in that regard. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Got to agree here. He had a good team in his first spell with Stevie Crawford. McCulloch was a poor choice that baffles me TBH. Felt a bit similar to @BackOfTheNet where I didn't really take to him being at the club. Couldn't even call him "Jig" because I have absolutely zero affection for him. 

My view on it is the rot starts at the head. Its up to the manager to build a management team that can control the squad and manage the bigger personalities whilst achieving the objectives it hopes to achieve. Clearly he ****ed it there. I'm a bit confused on why McCulloch was ever there. Gordon Forrest strikes me as one of those guys you've never heard of but is a quality coach that absolutely loves the game and has a deep understanding of it. McCulloch on the flip side... doesn't. I initially thought that McCulloch was the "Locke" of the team, i.e he's there to help with coaching, and keep morale up - I might be doing Lockey a bit disservice there with that comparison, so apologies in advance to him. Whereas Robbie and Forrest were the brains of the operation. But evidently, morale hit the floor. So he ****ed that one...

FWIW I would have had Locke in Robbies set up in a heart beat. His love and passion for the club is obviously infectious, and anyone who can keep morale up in the way that he and Paulo Sergio did during the 2012 season whilst Vlad wasn't paying wages, is an incredibly talented individual in that regard. 

100% to this, particularly the last paragraph.

Baffling comment from McCulloch. If he's not wanting to go in to detail just say that, he's made himself sound incompetent. 

No wonder we lost 6 games in a row if the coaching staff had no idea how the players were feeling. 

Hopeless.

4 hours ago, DS98 said:

‘Snoddy’ can **** off and McCulloch can **** right off. 

Snodgrass was absolutely wank for months and a big factor in our decline. As a DM he couldn’t lace Haring’s left boot.

:spoton:

Neilson made a complete Roger Hunt of it. Yet he's still got folk that defend him religiously on here. Astonishing really. 

6 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

McCulloch said: "I think there's obviously been a fallout in the dressing room. Snoddy's not been happy with some things going on that I'm not going to get involved in because that's the players - we were the coaching staff.

"Unless we were involved in that then I would say something about it. Snoddy came out with a statement saying that he'll come out and say something when the time is right and wishes the boys all the best and I think 99% of the dressing room got in touch with him.

Asked if Snodgrass was too vocal about Hearts' troubles at that time and as such, the rest of the players didn't like it, McCulloch replied: "I don't know about that because that would have been in the dressing room.

"What I can say is when we were taking a dip in form, Snoddy was the one that was showing true leadership for me and showing how much of a winner he was.

"For me, I've been in dressing rooms - especially at the bigger clubs, or Rangers let's say - and you dig each other out, that's how you get the best of each other.

"Some maybe can't handle it, some can but for me that's the way to have a togetherness. Because you can have a fallout and then go 'right c'mon'."

Sorry but that right there is the main reason for our drop in form. Absolutely horrendous that the coaching team didn’t appear to know what the atmosphere in the dressing room was like. Bloody pathetic from them. Didn’t think I would ever have to hope that the manager of Heart of Midlothian (not some Sunday league team ffs) knows how their own players are feeling!

Bigger clubs, or rangers let’s say. You can foxtrot Oscar with that pish.

Took the Jambo coin, then come out with that shite. No one liked you, and no one cares. FTCFKAR 

McCulloch not coming over well there, just a yes man and scared to commit to an opinion or say anything that may upset anyone, glad he’s out. What did he do, agree with Robbie so Forrest had no input as 2 against 1?

13 hours ago, liam11 said:

Appreciate McCulloch may want to be diplomatic and might not want to air all the details, but he doesn’t come across particularly well here.

I'm not going to get involved in because that's the players - we were the coaching staff

I don't know about that because that would have been in the dressing room

**** off. It’s literally your responsibility as a coaching team to identify these kinds of issues and get on top of them. Naismith was in the door five minutes and he snuffed it right out.

The players may well have had their own issues amongst themselves, but our coaching team were well and truly asleep at the wheel. Better off without Snodgrass, and better off without Neilson and McCulloch.

Can’t say I disagree 

6 hours ago, sac said:

Bigger clubs, or rangers let’s say. You can foxtrot Oscar with that pish.

Took the Jambo coin, then come out with that shite. No one liked you, and no one cares. FTCFKAR 

This is what inevitably happens when you employ people absolutely reekin of der Hun.

McCulloch is an absolute wankstain. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

TBF, I never thought the nickname Elbows was complimentary. I always used it as he was a cheating Hun, thug.

All hearsay of course, but anyone who has been involved in coaching/ leading young people will likely know, that shouty and aggressive 'digging out' by a manager, is almost an alien concept to anyone under 25.

If say, some of the younger players had raised concerns re Snodgrass behaviour and were told that he was right and they should get on with it, that probably explains a lot re our calamitous run of form.

Does make you wonder, that perhaps the loss of Craig Gordon, not so much as a Goalkeeper but as a dressing room leader, was perhaps the defining moment of our season.

Edited by Martin_T

Does give us a bit of an idea of what happened without saying too much. I said on another thread, you can have all the tactical awareness you want as a manager but a large part of your job is to motivate players and get the best out of them.

Sounds like Snodgrass was the one trying to do this, but was clearly not working. Yeah you can let players have it out and let your experience players have more of a voice in the dressing room etc but where were the management team? What were they doing? What were they saying? What conversations were they having? 

Does sound like it was Snodgrass potentially going unchallenged and running the dressing room and alot of the other players not liking it. For SN to instantly get rid of Snodgrass, he could obviously see that he was the problem. 

11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You’re not the only one, I can't stand the guy and hated having him employed at the club, I put it to the back of my mind because we were going well, but I couldn’t take to him at all

9 hours ago, OTT said:

Last Paragraph sums it up for me, if McCulloch was in there to basically be the class clown to balance out Robbie’s no nonsense demeanour then surely Locke is the better option 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

TBF, I never thought the nickname Elbows was complimentary. I always used it as he was a cheating Hun, thug.

Well, precisely. That’s what I meant. We had a thug on our coaching staff.

9 hours ago, Carter said:

Neilson made a complete Roger Hunt of it. Yet he's still got folk that defend him religiously on here. Astonishing really. 

Will be interesting to see what the Robbie fan club have to say.  Sounds like a complete sh1tshow.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, Carter said:

There are some that think Neilson will be back for a third term.

I am fairly certain no-one at the club, now or in the future, would be stupid enough to bring him back. Even for half-time - he would get chased out of Tynie.

Dick Dastardly
Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I am fairly certain no-one at the club, now or in the future, would be stupid enough to bring him back. Even for half-time - he would get chased out of Tynie.

He'll be back with a coaching team of Kris Boyd and Ian Durrant. You can quote me in that 😉

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well, precisely. That’s what I meant. We had a thug on our coaching staff.

👍

11 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

All hearsay of course, but anyone who has been involved in coaching/ leading young people will likely know, that shouty and aggressive 'digging out' by a manager, is almost an alien concept to anyone under 25.

If say, some of the younger players had raised concerns re Snodgrass behaviour and were told that he was right and they should get on with it, that probably explains a lot re our calamitous run of form.

Does make you wonder, that perhaps the loss of Craig Gordon, not so much as a Goalkeeper but as a dressing room leader, was perhaps the defining moment of our season.

I was thinking some thing similar . The harmony in the dressing room was evident for the early part of the season . Bear in mind Snodgrass was commuting up from London too . If I was a young player in a team that was doing well , playing with energy and pace , and all of a sudden some one parachuted in grandad and told me I was to get the ball to him on every occasion , and he kept losing it , then bawling at the rest of the team about getting out of the poor form , I would be frustrated too 

The Old Tolbooth

All that the knuckle dragging meat head has done, is prove just how utterly clueless the entire coaching team actually were/are! 

Let’s hear the Robbie fan boys defend this one, I also share the views of those who didn’t want that horrible hun prick anywhere near Hearts. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He'll be back with a coaching team of Kris Boyd and Ian Durrant. You can quote me in that 😉

No doubt. At Harthill Royal, probably. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Do not think he will be back as an employee , and rightly so . The idea he wont be welcome as a guest is fanciful though . He will be back in that capacity for certain , and will rightly receive a warm welcome from the board and fans 

Lee McCulloch is a ****ing bellend. We should never have had someone like him at the club. When he was a player I always hoped someone would cripple him, I always thought he was a scummier Scott Brown type. Going by his comments the club was split between coaching staff and players which is probably why we fell apart, I couldn't see Jim Jeffries coming out with a comment like I don't know because that was the dressing room. You would expect your management team to know everything.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Do not think he will be back as an employee , and rightly so . The idea he wont be welcome as a guest is fanciful though . He will be back in that capacity for certain , and will rightly receive a warm welcome from the board and fans 

Possibly, I don't think he'll be back as a guest. Maybe as a rival manager - that would be interesting.

lost in space

Its no coincidence that Neilsons 2 Assistants, when here, were Crawford and McCulloch. 

Lets be honest - they both come across as being extremely thick.

I suppose you could say that there was never any chance that either would take his job - since neither will manage a decent club.

We all knew that Neilson was not going to appear on Mastermind - but events in the last few months showed that he has major flaws in his personality and ability.

6 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Possibly, I don't think he'll be back as a guest. Maybe as a rival manager - that would be interesting.

For me personally , despite how angry I was with the capitulation from the Celtic double header onwards , I can still see past that and appreciate all the good work he did too . I expect most fans feel the same 

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was thinking some thing similar . The harmony in the dressing room was evident for the early part of the season . Bear in mind Snodgrass was commuting up from London too . If I was a young player in a team that was doing well , playing with energy and pace , and all of a sudden some one parachuted in grandad and told me I was to get the ball to him on every occasion , and he kept losing it , then bawling at the rest of the team about getting out of the poor form , I would be frustrated too 

Yes, quite apart from anything else, Snodgrass was an awful player for us on the pitch, his first 4 or 5 games aside.

Difficult to recall a single outfield player having had such a huge negative impact on the team's form. One of our worst ever signings given what he may have cost the club in lost revenue.

Just now, Martin_T said:

Yes, quite apart from anything else, Snodgrass was an awful player for us on the pitch, his first 4 or 5 games aside.

Difficult to recall a single outfield player having had such a huge negative impact on the team's form. One of our worst ever signings given what he may have cost the club in lost revenue.

Sadly I agree . When he first arrived I was quite enthused , but we put all our eggs in that one old basket and as soon as he was sussed out , we had no plan B because the players had been told to change the entire way they had been playing . Came in was initially good , Steve Robinson sussed him and every one else copied it . System failed under the press and the management team stuck rigidly with it as it fell apart 

The Apprentice

I don’t believe for one minute McCulloch didn’t know what was going on in the dressing room. He clearly did but doesn’t for whatever reason want to share it publicly but instead of side-stepping the questions he’s uttered complete shite which just sums the guy up. A complete failing on the coaching staffs part it came to that and he doesn’t have the bollocks to admit it. 

😂😂😂 that McCulloch article is utterly embarrassing.

Incase anyone was in any doubt that our previous management team were complete frauds that surely finally confirms it. Absolute boneheads.