Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )

Thomaso

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Do you watch Hearts B regularly??

How are Hearts B under Naismith doing? 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Fozzyonthefence

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I’m not sure as I don’t follow them. 

But how can you say he’s given very little back to us if you’re not watching them on a weekly basis? 

Weakened Offender
Just now, Mac80 said:

I’m not sure as I don’t follow them. 

But how can you say he’s given very little back to us if you’re not watching them on a weekly basis? 

OK, you forced me to take you seriously. I just checked. Hearts B, under him, are 13th. 

I ****ing dare you to ask me which teams are above them. 😊

1 hour ago, ViewfromtheEast said:

As you like to say about Naismith, who was no angel, he's a born winner. 

As the Prince said: "Hyperion to a satyr".

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Not with HMFC though. 

How could he be a winner playing in a shite Hearts team under a shite manager!

52 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

I liked RN, but as I've said on another thread, we had a lot of good fortune (injuries apart) actually getting to 3rd place, we didn't get there thanks to good solid wins, the two 3-0s against the Hobos and the 5-0 agin the Sheep were great at the time, but weren't the reality. I have no idea who we'll appoint on perm basis, but Naismith might be interim as long as that imposter McCulloch and his sidekick are gone.

Alternative reality: the defeats to Aberdeen, Motherwell and St Mirren weren't great, but...

We'll never know.

39 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Totally irrelevant! I’ve watched our B team on a few occasions and they are a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds of moderate ability 

1 hour ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

I liked RN, but as I've said on another thread, we had a lot of good fortune (injuries apart) actually getting to 3rd place, we didn't get there thanks to good solid wins, the two 3-0s against the Hobos and the 5-0 agin the Sheep were great at the time, but weren't the reality. I have no idea who we'll appoint on perm basis, but Naismith might be interim as long as that imposter McCulloch and his sidekick are gone.

I have to say McCulloch never came across as the brightest candle in the chandelier! 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Is it though? 😁

Yes but you deleted part of my post didn’t you. 🙄

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I have supported Hearts through thick and thin for over 50 years - if Lennon appeared at Tynecastle I would not be back until he was gone!

Likewise.

26 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Scotland doing a lot better since Naismith joined up

Strangely enough the players are all older than 16 and 17 year olds…..

Edited by Thomaso

ViewfromtheEast
1 hour ago, sirwalter said:

As the Prince said: "Hyperion to a satyr".

Nice quote. 

Every new appointment is an absolute gamble, some of the biggest clubs have ended up in a mess after seemingly appointing guaranteed bankers in the dugout.

Naismith has a shed load of experience as a player, and has been running with B Team for a while now, all the first team fringe players are out on loan and he's left with really young boys, Steve Clark obviously respects him and that's as good an endorsement given his success with Scotland.

I would be delighted with that, unless the Board have been working on something else for a while now.

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Every new appointment is an absolute gamble, some of the biggest clubs have ended up in a mess after seemingly appointing guaranteed bankers in the dugout.

Naismith has a shed load of experience as a player, and has been running with B Team for a while now, all the first team fringe players are out on loan and he's left with really young boys, Steve Clark obviously respects him and that's as good an endorsement given his success with Scotland.

I would be delighted with that, unless the Board have been working on something else for a while now.

Maybe we could get Clarke and Naismith. 

10 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Theyre doing very well now theyve got to grips with the league. I think top(ish) of form table last 15 games or so.

Who was Barry Robson coaching 3 months ago? How were they doing?

According to Football Scotland the board are meeting today to sort out who will be in charge for the derby because they want someone in by then. 

My assumption is this is the temporary manager, which will probably be Naismith or McAvoy.

Hopefully get an announcement today so we know a bit more about what's going on.

There's some very good managers out there, I seriously hope we don't rush it.

Drylaw Hearts

Really not sure about Naismith tbh…..he was a terrible captain and didn’t show much leadership when we were struggling at the bottom of the league pre Covid.

LarrysRightFoot
On 01/04/2023 at 17:30, liam11 said:

Someone who could hopefully command respect. Doesn’t have to be a tactical genius, just needs to get these players motivated to play for him.

To the end of the season, I don’t even see it as a risk, because in my mind we’ve already lost third with Robbie

I heard Kevin Thomson on the radio the other day saying he knew Barry Robeson would do well at Aberdeen when he heard he brought in a coach they had at Middlesbrough- Agnew? 

He said training will nothing fancy or overly tactical- it will just be high tempo and basics. 

From the little I’ve seen of Aberdeen their defenders are clearing their lines first and foremost and they as a team are pumping balls into the box.

There’s a lot to be said for motivated players doing the basics. 

Totally he might not get us 3Rd but Neither was Robbie!  but see what happened at mother well and Aberdeen They both Turned it Around !He's a Born winner and has also had experience in the Scotland camp 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe we could get Clarke and Naismith. 

Funnily enough I mentioned Clarke yesterday. Partly light hearted but partly acknowledging that he doesn’t have any Scotland games until June. He will have other national team commitments though.

1 hour ago, gar jambo said:

Totally he might not get us 3Rd but Neither was Robbie!  but see what happened at mother well and Aberdeen They both Turned it Around !He's a Born winner and has also had experience in the Scotland camp 

Good grief 

Gorgie_Rules
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

According to Football Scotland the board are meeting today to sort out who will be in charge for the derby because they want someone in by then. 

My assumption is this is the temporary manager, which will probably be Naismith or McAvoy.

Hopefully get an announcement today so we know a bit more about what's going on.

There's some very good managers out there, I seriously hope we don't rush it.

Hopefully we get it sorted asap and the players are in training ahead of Saturday. We can’t afford to lose another day.

Saturday is going to be pivotal in how the rest of the season goes IMO regardless of who is in the dugout.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

10 hours ago, ViewfromtheEast said:

Nice quote. 

All in the spirit of cultural exchange.

I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth..

55 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

And what is that supposed to mean! 

Sorry, just rolling my eyes at the tired old Born winner line.

Nobody is the history of football has had as many folk say born winner than for Naismith. 

What makes him a born winner as apposed to anyone else who played in the EPL ? Craig Gordon, Berra, Grant Hanley? Robert Snodgrass All born winners ?

Edited by jambopilms

Not seen it mentioned, but would anyone have Craig Gordon involved in a temporary step up role? If we do get rid of mcculloch and forest too, maybe as a coach to Naismith/McAvoy.

Already know he's not playing again this season, and seems hugely respected in the dressing room.

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, billybalfour said:

Agreed.He has managerial experience with PNE and is known to Savage.I think McC. and Forrest led to Robbie's downfall so they'll be gone also.

He's in his mid 50s and has had one unsuccessful management job which lasted less than a year before he was sacked. Granted, in the very short term, i.e. the next few days, there's going to be an element giving people temporary roles simply because they're about the only person at the club who could be given the role, but I'd be very surprised if Mcavoy is made caretaker rather than temporarily promoting Naismith from B team manager. 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Theyre doing very well now theyve got to grips with the league. I think top(ish) of form table last 15 games or so.

Barry Robson 😁😁😁😁

13 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I THINK im happy to go Naisy til end of season...

Can i give my opinion in June?!?!

That's very magnanimous of you, considering some will be on his back by half-time if the derby match isn't going well. Also, as we can see some others are already gathering ammunition... 

13 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Most likely it will be Naismith for the rest of the season but I have to say I have huge reservations. Hearts have given a lot to SN in the 5+ years he’s been with us. I’m dubious about what he’s given back. We’ll see.

13 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

He's given very little back, let's call it for what it was. He may well take over and do well but at this point in the season, if it is him, and I hope it's not, it's a massive gamble. 

N Lincs Jambo
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Since Barry Robson got the caretaker role the sheeps' record is: Played 8, Won 6, Lost 2, Drawn 0. I think we would take a return of 18 points from the next 24 available. One of the losses was away to Celtic, the only really bad one was 1-3 v St Mirren in his first game in charge.

27 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Barry Robson 😁😁😁😁

Whats so funny? Im not wanting Robson as our manager, in case thats where your braincell took you.

Im saying a guy who had less of a career and is very VERY much less thought of than Naisy has turned a probably worse pisition around at Aberdeen. So your How are the B team doing type rhetoric is pretty irrelevant.

Any appointnent, internal, interim, new guy, new guy who knows our game, totally new guy to Scottish football... none of it comes with guarantees.

I thought Goodwin looked right for Aberdeen. Most did. He was awful. Robson... reputation as a wee ****** but has them motivated and winning. Go figure!

Lets not crucify the club for the sake of it, or in some sort of stick-a-pin-in-it told you so bawbaggery. Seeing a bit of it on here and its totally baseless

5 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Since Barry Robson got the caretaker role the sheeps' record is: Played 8, Won 6, Lost 2, Drawn 0. I think we would take a return of 18 points from the next 24 available. One of the losses was away to Celtic, the only really bad one was 1-3 v St Mirren in his first game in charge.

Luckily for Barry he was able to use the January window to get rid of the big huddy they had at the back and strengthen the team. He has done well though.

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Whats so funny? Im not wanting Robson as our manager, in case thats where your braincell took you.

Im saying a guy who had less of a career and is very VERY much less thought of than Naisy has turned a probably worse pisition around at Aberdeen. So your How are the B team doing type rhetoric is pretty irrelevant.

Any appointnent, internal, interim, new guy, new guy who knows our game, totally new guy to Scottish football... none of it comes with guarantees.

I thought Goodwin looked right for Aberdeen. Most did. He was awful. Robson... reputation as a wee ****** but has them motivated and winning. Go figure!

Lets not crucify the club for the sake of it, or in some sort of stick-a-pin-in-it told you so bawbaggery. Seeing a bit of it on here and its totally baseless

Nobody is crucifying the club for the sake of it. If the people who have taken the decision to sack Neilson have taken any inspiration at all from Barry ****ing Robson, the crucifying would be totally merited.

I spoke to 5 people who all support different Scottish football teams yesterday, they were all astonished that Hearts had sacked Neilson. I didn't have it in me to tell any of them that there were morons on Kickback who were looking at Barry Robson's managerial career for inspiration. 😉

Luckies1874

There will be an announcement by the end of today as to the plan for the rest of the season and any other departures. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Nobody is crucifying the club for the sake of it. If the people who have taken the decision to sack Neilson have taken any inspiration at all from Barry ****ing Robson, the crucifying would be totally merited.

I spoke to 5 people who all support different Scottish football teams yesterday, they were all astonished that Hearts had sacked Neilson. I didn't have it in me to tell any of them that there were morons on Kickback who were looking at Barry Robson's managerial career for inspiration. 😉

presumably none of them actually watch us, or realise just how badly we are underachieving or how badly the squad is broken. 

in other words. What relevance do supporters of other teams have? 

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

presumably none of them actually watch us, or realise just how badly we are underachieving or how badly the squad is broken. 

this

Weakened Offender
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Hearts are a bit of a laughing stock today pal. That might not bother the likes of you, but it bothers me a wee bit 😊

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Neilson was sacked because he lost the dressing room and that led to us losing every game. The fact some supporters from other clubs weren’t paying attention is totally irrelevant. 

Luckies1874
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

There is a narrative outside the Hearts 'family' that Neilson has been hard done until some cold hard facts are pointed out which then brings an accpetance. People who have little interest in Hearts don't have any understanding how bad performances have been nor indeed some of the horrific results he has overseen. As you point out he has been getting the bare minimum out of our squad. 

hmfc_liam06

No idea how close Naismith and Snodgrass are but if they are close then that's my biggest concern with Naismith being appointed.

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hearts are a bit of a laughing stock today pal. That might not bother the likes of you, but it bothers me a wee bit 😊

We’ve been a laughing stock for weeks. Imagine even caring what fans of other clubs think anyway.

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Have a proper read at the statement released yesterday announcing Neilson's sacking and ask yourself if that is a statement released by folk 100% confident that they are making the correct decision or a statement released by folk who are dreadfully concerned that they are appeasing creepy entitled morons. If you have half a brain, granted that's a big if, you'll know what it is. 😉

Your last few posts confirm you ain't Hearts Vincent .. poor trolling gadjie .

heartandsoul
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Neilson was sacked because he lost the dressing room and that led to us losing every game. The fact some supporters from other clubs weren’t paying attention is totally irrelevant. 

This

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I've spoken to fans of other clubs too, I told them all to keep their shitty expectations out of the equation, and encouraged my Hibs cousin to keep faith with Johnson.

Cheeky *******s, TF's it to do with them?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

First Whelan, then Naismith, and now potentially Snodgrass.

Really got to question what we get from EPL has-beens other than disruption and undropable players whatever the form.

• davemclaren changed the title to Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )