Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Pasquale for King

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, One five said:

I must watch 😂👍

Marshall had a nightmare, they tried to beat him twice from the halfway line, top trolling from them 😆. Van Veen is living in his head rent free after this. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Glad you keep a count. Looked great and sounded like they made a good effort to back the team, no 

doubt some may have been put off by the awful performances recently so as  I said credit to those who actually paid to suffer that. 
Still want RN to stay? 

Yep I do.  

BackOfTheNet

Wasn’t there, but why does it seem like almost the shape was changed almost as a “fine, you all want it, you’ve got it” without any fine tuning of a new shape on the training ground seemingly happening? Going by commentary and comments after the game that is.

Burford Jamtart

The interview RN gave to the BBC afterwards has been repeated time and time again.  So predictable, repetitive and I was switching off - made me think that the dressing room might be feeling the same after weeks of square pegs in round holes and perplexing formations and decisions. 

Change is necessary at the end of the season, absolutely, but I would hope the board would be at least seriously discussing their options following another poor effort against 10 men for half an hour.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ask an adult to show you how to put someone on ignore, quite simple really 👍🏽👋🏿

Joined in February, 11 posts, nearly all in an aggressive manner, acting like he’s known you for years.  Interesting. 🤔

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Burford Jamtart said:

The interview RN gave to the BBC afterwards has been repeated time and time again.  So predictable, repetitive and I was switching off - made me think that the dressing room might be feeling the same after weeks of square pegs in round holes and perplexing formations and decisions. 

Change is necessary at the end of the season, absolutely, but I would hope the board would be at least seriously discussing their options following another poor effort against 10 men for half an hour.

the end of the season.  After he’s cost us somewhere between £5-£8million

we shouldn’t be ****ing around now .too much at stake 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Joined in February, 11 posts, nearly all in an aggressive manner, acting like he’s known you for years.  Interesting. 🤔

Unless its a new account and he was here before.
I wouldn’t mind if he did know me then he would be well within his rights to call me a greeting faced bore, but he doesn’t 😜?!?!

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How come, mate?

Is this place a closed shop for empty vessels that can’t handle a challenge to their opinion? 

Play the post not the poster.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Unless its a new account and he was here before.
I wouldn’t mind if he did know me then he would be well within his rights to call me a greeting faced bore, but he doesn’t 😜?!?!

As above.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep I do.  

Ok well pop me on ignore then and leave you on there, because theres not much else to say really 👍🏽👋🏿

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Ok well pop me on ignore then and leave you on there, because theres not much else to say really 👍🏽👋🏿

At last👍

pettigrewsstylist
24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, today was abysmal.  As you say the inability to find a team mate with a pass is unbelievable. Especially when it’s midfield players that can’t find a pass, that’s the basics of a midfielders role, win the ball and pass it. No pace in the team today but no pace left on the the bench either.  Recruitment has really been piss poor, Kio is as bad as we have signed for years, he is in the Malaurey Martin category of complete misfits. Snodgrass is done.  
Having said all that, a team hardly ever wins if their keeper throws two in the net. Don’t think Clark or Stewart made a save the entire match, that’s how poor the opposition were. 

Harsh on them. Their first is what can happen when you put shots on target. Agree with the rest.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

My brother who was in his day a quality keeper says that Clark was having a nightmare and was simply pulled at half time for being so bad. He warned me that this was going to happen as he's noticed weaknesses in ZCs game that I missed. (apart from the blatant punching very catchable cross balls poorly)  I didnt see todays game so cant really say (brother says that this will happen again though) 

Captain Sausage

Realistically, Neilson will get the remainder of the season. I'd previously said that success was binary for him this season; secure group stage Euro football and it's successful, otherwise it's a failure.

I'm coming round to the place that, even if we somehow stumble into third place this season, Neilson needs to go. I'm not a footballing expert, and I certainly don't get paid a handsome wage to analyse games and set the Hearts team up, but months ago I could see that three at the back wasn't working, as many others could.

It's just not good enough. Given the money we got in summer, our squad should be waltzing to third place, but we are not. Smith, Haring and Snodgrass are over the hill. Kio, Hill, Forrest, Halliday, Atkinson, Ginnelly, and Oda are simply not good enough for us if we want to be moving to the next level.

Genuinely the only players I'd be looking to keep next season:

Clarke, Gordon

Sibbick, Rowles, Cochrane

Devlin, Beni

McKay, Shankland, Humphrys

Recruitment has been piss poor. Man management has been terrible. Tactics have been abysmal. And yet somehow, we are still in third place. 5 of 7 games remaining will be at Tynecastle (4 against non-OF). Given Neilson's record at Tynecastle, it's eminently plausible that we somehow scrape our way to third. It's equally plausible we finish sixth, losing every single match we have left.

The board are extremely conservative, we don't react quickly to things (see Brora or Levein). Therefore we're going to have to suck up whatever comes our way through May. Although I think the next match (St Mirren, home) is our second must-win of the season, after the Hibs cup game. Win (as Aberdeen will also pick up 3 points) and we're still third going into the derby. It's absolutely critical.

Edited by Captain Sausage

4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Harsh on them. Their first is what can happen when you put shots on target. Agree with the rest.

22 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Well that was F==king fun! 

We have to be the slowest, weakest, biggest bunch of shite bags in the league. Absolutely nothing from our boys today. Everyone, terrible on the ball, simple 5 yard passes , all wrong, no movement off it and zero desire to get on the ball and make something happen. These are good players that for some reason have stopped. Stopped giving a shit and have shut up shop. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong! 

Lots of decent players - I reckon the problem lies elsewhere !!

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the end of the season.  After he’s cost us somewhere between £5-£8million

we shouldn’t be ****ing around now .too much at stake 

we have a recent history of not changing things management wise until too late and costly prices have been paid - Ann Budge needs to ask the folk she works with what their views are

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Wasn’t there, but why does it seem like almost the shape was changed almost as a “fine, you all want it, you’ve got it” without any fine tuning of a new shape on the training ground seemingly happening? Going by commentary and comments after the game that is.

Any formation would work if and that’s a big IF we had the correct players to play it. Smith, Kingsley, Kio, Snodgrass , Gino and Forrest were honking today and need removed for the foreseeable. They can’t play any system we try and implement. Smiths first option is to turn back. He was in acres of space repeatedly and wouldn’t carry the ball forward.  No pace whatsoever in this team of charlatans. Pass marks only to Sibbick, Grant and Shanks. Even Rowles was a 5/5 ans barely gets a pass. The lineup and formation was horrible. We’ve got Garang Kuol who’s like lightening and we didn’t even trouble them with a one man advantage for 37mins. He kept Gino on who was limping ffs. Neilson is clueless and as for his two assistants haudit and daudit then get them to phuck. McCulloch is a fraud and I’d promote Naismith and put jig on janitorial duties or gardening leave.  Our 3500 waiting  season tix won’t be that come the end of the season. I hope these can’ts are in tomorrow morning at 6am as it looks like they’ve all been on the piss for the last two weeks. We reap what we sow and so far we’ve sowed eff all. 

2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Not so much in regards to Robbie. A hearts thing I meant. 

Sorry mate, I know you did. 👍

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Any formation would work if and that’s a big IF we had the correct players to play it. Smith, Kingsley, Kio, Snodgrass , Gino and Forrest were honking today and need removed for the foreseeable. They can’t play any system we try and implement. Smiths first option is to turn back. He was in acres of space repeatedly and wouldn’t carry the ball forward.  No pace whatsoever in this team of charlatans. Pass marks only to Sibbick, Grant and Shanks. Even Rowles was a 5/5 ans barely gets a pass. The lineup and formation was horrible. We’ve got Garang Kuol who’s like lightening and we didn’t even trouble them with a one man advantage for 37mins. He kept Gino on who was limping ffs. Neilson is clueless and as for his two assistants haudit and daudit then get them to phuck. McCulloch is a fraud and I’d promote Naismith and put jig on janitorial duties or gardening leave.  Our 3500 waiting  season tix won’t be that come the end of the season. I hope these can’ts are in tomorrow morning at 6am as it looks like they’ve all been on the piss for the last two weeks. We reap what we sow and so far we’ve sowed eff all. 

Cheers. I’m just tired of saying “what the hell do they even work on at the training ground?” each week.

upgotheheads

The same thing annoyed me today as has ben annoying me all season, the near  static possession deep in our own half. There was a new twist today with two players standing beside the goalie waiting for the ball, then the forward pass 20 yards to Sibbick, then a sidways pass, then another and another, all at jogging pace (at best). Meanwhile Killie have shaped up, moved a few yards forward, closed  their man down and when a forward pass arrives its a 50/50, and more often than not loss of possession. This has been going on all season and the opposition have long since sussed it out.

When we lined up with a back four I was optimistic but we made such a mess of the first half that it was desperation in the second half. The only time we looked threatening in the second half was when Stewart seemed to take matters into his own hands and started playing it long.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Cheers. I’m just tired of saying “what the hell do they even work on at the training ground?” each week.

‘Work’ requires effort and hard graft. Chase lost causes like Cammy did for our goal against the hubz. This team has no grafters on the park. Seriously get Smith and Snoddy tf right now. I wouldn’t play Forrest in the B team. Our players are lazy, gutless, spineless, inept and feckin clueless. If this isn’t a wake up call then I don’t know what is. Not one leader on that team and I feel sorry for Shanks, Cochrane, Sibbick and Grant.  Grant is a class act surrounded by diddies. Gino is another that can do one. Sick of defending this team but the straw has broke the camels back today. Double shifts for that lazy shower of sod’s required Robbie ffs.

Hopefully the board are taking note! 

I wasn't there today and know nothing apart from the score and what I've read on here so it's interesting to see that there appears to be no possitives from today's game and nobody defending Robbie from what I can see. Unfortunately it's where we've been heading for weeks now.

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Marshall had a nightmare, they tried to beat him twice from the halfway line, top trolling from them 😆. Van Veen is living in his head rent free after this. 

Just glad they got thumped 👍

3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I wasn't there today and know nothing apart from the score and what I've read on here so it's interesting to see that there appears to be no possitives from today's game and nobody defending Robbie from what I can see. Unfortunately it's where we've been heading for weeks now.

Do you know what it looked like to me? Players failing to implement a confusing system. 

Like system over individuality. Shanks goal was purely him doing something different. But 99% of the time we do the same predictable building from the back pish that leads nowhere. We're not good enough to break teams down, so why we're trying to do that is insane. We seem to be trying to play through bodies galore, instead of using the pace in the team to hit teams on the break or get the ball to Shanks in the box. 

I genuinely cannot be arsed with Neilson anymore. He's trying to coach the players to play a system they clearly can't play effectively. When players can't make simple passes, that should be alarm bells that they are overthinking things because they are confused with their role, expectations, or what is being asked of them. 

Its like Neilson wants to play in a very clever and technical way, but the players cannot do that. But, that is on Neilson. You don't ask someone to do something outside of their skillset. The tactics and way of playing needs to suit the players we have. Not the other way round and very clearly the tactics don't suit the players, otherwise we'd not be chucking third out the window. 

I'm so frustrated, but I know if we bin him the likelihood of building on 3rd becomes harder because a new manager may not be up to it. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Realistically, Neilson will get the remainder of the season. I'd previously said that success was binary for him this season; secure group stage Euro football and it's successful, otherwise it's a failure.

I'm coming round to the place that, even if we somehow stumble into third place this season, Neilson needs to go. I'm not a footballing expert, and I certainly don't get paid a handsome wage to analyse games and set the Hearts team up, but months ago I could see that three at the back wasn't working, as many others could.

It's just not good enough. Given the money we got in summer, our squad should be waltzing to third place, but we are not. Smith, Haring and Snodgrass are over the hill. Kio, Hill, Forrest, Halliday, Atkinson, Ginnelly, and Oda are simply not good enough for us if we want to be moving to the next level.

Genuinely the only players I'd be looking to keep next season:

Clarke, Gordon

Sibbick, Rowles, Cochrane

Devlin, Beni

McKay, Shankland, Humphrys

Recruitment has been piss poor. Man management has been terrible. Tactics have been abysmal. And yet somehow, we are still in third place. 5 of 7 games remaining will be at Tynecastle (4 against non-OF). Given Neilson's record at Tynecastle, it's eminently plausible that we somehow scrape our way to third. It's equally plausible we finish sixth, losing every single match we have left.

The board are extremely conservative, we don't react quickly to things (see Brora or Levein). Therefore we're going to have to suck up whatever comes our way through May. Although I think the next match (St Mirren, home) is our second must-win of the season, after the Hibs cup game. Win (as Aberdeen will also pick up 3 points) and we're still third going into the derby. It's absolutely critical.

Spot on but with the current top 6 the Celtic are due all their games away and Rangers at home so who knows what the SPFL will cook up after the split. 

1 hour ago, suds66 said:

Why some want to wait is baffling.

I don’t get it.

could an interim manager really do any worse 

just look at Aberdeen and Motherwell 

they seem to be doing ok the now 

50 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

👍

47 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

My brother who was in his day a quality keeper says that Clark was having a nightmare and was simply pulled at half time for being so bad. He warned me that this was going to happen as he's noticed weaknesses in ZCs game that I missed. (apart from the blatant punching very catchable cross balls poorly)  I didnt see todays game so cant really say (brother says that this will happen again though) 

He was injured from as early as our first goal.  Went to our bench for treatment during the goal celebrations. Had another spell of treatment just before half time. I think your brother may have got it wrong. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Had a nice day of on Wednesday in the build of to this week's disaster , we play the way we train unfortunately .

Slow passive side ways and back wards..

When it comes to attacking play in training we struggle to get past the mannequins  lately 

28 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Impossible to defend players or management for today esp our keeper. Lack of effort, basic skills, nouse, all were on show today.  That’s what happens when you get near the end of the season and the bulk of what’s  fit amongst your team squad know they are leaving.  Big management challenge for next few  games. 

33 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The same thing annoyed me today as has ben annoying me all season, the near  static possession deep in our own half. There was a new twist today with two players standing beside the goalie waiting for the ball, then the forward pass 20 yards to Sibbick, then a sidways pass, then another and another, all at jogging pace (at best). Meanwhile Killie have shaped up, moved a few yards forward, closed  their man down and when a forward pass arrives its a 50/50, and more often than not loss of possession. This has been going on all season and the opposition have long since sussed it out.

When we lined up with a back four I was optimistic but we made such a mess of the first half that it was desperation in the second half. The only time we looked threatening in the second half was when Stewart seemed to take matters into his own hands and started playing it long.

Frame this Neilson. Read then re - read. You can only fix when you know what’s wrong and this is the most accurate diagnosis you’ll read. 

RustyRightPeg
59 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Tell your brother he’s wrong. He done his hammy taking a free kick and should’ve been taken off there and then. He wasn’t, and fluffed a cross which resulted in their second goal. 

To win with possession based football, you need to be good at keeping and using the ball effectively, we are neither.

Think if we are honest most of us were expecting that performance again today.

Just seems to be constant now.

No fight, no leadership, no pace, no skill, no organisation or game plan.

It's all so robotic.

Player dropping a shoulder and flying past someone is a thing of the past.

We have the same movement as planks of wood.

Snodgrass must have played under some cracking managers.

Wonder what he thinks of Robbie's tactics.

Just now, Martin_T said:

To win with possession based football, you need to be good at keeping and using the ball effectively, we are neither.

Yeah, so why are we trying to play that way? Its utter madness. 

Players aren't good enough in possession. So lets play possession based football. ****ing delusional from Robbie.  

RustyRightPeg

Watching the highlights of the game. Players heads are down, confidence looks low, players bickering, Kingsley in particular looking at others to blame. I don’t see a way back now for Robbie. 

No fighting spirit at all. 

5 minutes ago, Australis said:

It's all so robotic.

Given he is seemingly neither dropable or even in scope for being substituted, I'm not sure he's the best person to ask.

18 minutes ago, Australis said:

It's all so robotic.

Yep, it’s a shambles. Our away form in particular is rubbish, it’s relegation level. All this chat about closing the gap on the OF is nonsense. Not looking forward to next Saturday.

23 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Watching the highlights of the game. Players heads are down, confidence looks low, players bickering, Kingsley in particular looking at others to blame. I don’t see a way back now for Robbie. 

You’re a masochist my friend. I suffered enough at the ground today and watching the highlights will only make me angrier. Could see from our end that the body language was all wrong. On the final whistle, Toby pulled his shirt up over his head, in embarrassment I think, and when he did remove it he looked totally gutted.  At least he cares which is more than I could say for most (not all)  of the others.

We are being short changed by below average signings and a woeful lack of application from the player’s. Why did pep give our players a week off??? These players need trained and should be publicly flogged for the recent showings at Motherwell, the sheep and now killie and that’s before I mention the debacle and our inept display at our home cup tie. 

I’m off to bed before I really let rip and say what I feel…..and just for the record, that’s without a drink today. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, busbyfth said:

Spot on, had a few brain farts in Perth too. 

41 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Dont know how Kingsley can blame anyone, every time he touched the ball today it ended in a Kilmarnock throw in

33 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Given he is seemingly neither dropable or even in scope for being substituted, I'm not sure he's the best person to ask.

I agree he is past it but played at the top.

We have no drive or leadership off the park and Snodgrass and Shankland are not producing near enough leadership on the park.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

I agree he is past it but played at the top.

We have no drive or leadership off the park and Snodgrass and Shankland are not producing near enough leadership on the park.

Because they’ve downed tools and don’t believe in the manager.

We needed 9 cup tie performances but never turned up again today!, even with extra man advantage we never looked like drawing never mind winning, once again we lost the tactical and motivation battles that is down to RN, IMO he needs a break from first team management just like when players are off form they get dropped so why not managers?

We now have 3rd place at risk with lost revenues of 5 million on the table do we risk keeping RN or bring in a fresh face for remainder of the season? Naismith who knows current playing staff or Robbo who would excite us just by who he is! 

IMO, RN has been provided with resources and those resources that are available to him despite injuries should provide an expectation that we should be doing better!, we are losing winnable matches!, in other words RN has under delivered consistently  since the world cup break, we have had luck on our side against St Mirren and Dundee United and I thought it was going to happen again today when Killie had their man sent off but RN could not motivate or provide the tactics to even get a draw!, so depressing seeing the heads of the players go down!, the confidence is gone!, the fight is gone! No idea, though I hope that if RN continues for rest of season he finds a way to turn things around despite the 2 weeks since the Aberdeen garbage the same old!.

At the very least we need to look at the options of who can do a better job!, upgrade on RN! it's about Hearts Football Club 2023  and some may not like the idea of removing RN even temporary 5 million to lose is to much of a risk not to do anything!

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, Malco said:

We needed 9 cup tie performances but never turned up again today!, even with extra man advantage we never looked like drawing never mind winning, once again we lost the tactical and motivation battles that is down to RN, IMO he needs a break from first team management just like when players are off form they get dropped so why not managers?

We now have 3rd place at risk with lost revenues of 5 million on the table do we risk keeping RN or bring in a fresh face for remainder of the season? Naismith who knows current playing staff or Robbo who would excite us just by who he is! 

IMO, RN has been provided with resources and those resources that are available to him despite injuries should provide an expectation that we should be doing better!, we are losing winnable matches!, in other words RN has under delivered consistently  since the world cup break, we have had luck on our side against St Mirren and Dundee United and I thought it was going to happen again today when Killie had their man sent off but RN could not motivate or provide the tactics to even get a draw!, so depressing seeing the heads of the players go down!, the confidence is gone!, the fight is gone! No idea, though I hope that if RN continues for rest of season he finds a way to turn things around despite the 2 weeks since the Aberdeen garbage the same old!.

At the very least we need to look at the options of who can do a better job!, upgrade on RN! it's about Hearts Football Club 2023  and some may not like the idea of removing RN even temporary 5 million to lose is to much of a risk not to do anything!

Robbie is very good at standing with his arms folded though before some manic pointing. Reminds me of "Chewing the fat"

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Because they’ve downed tools and don’t believe in the manager.

A good manager doesn’t let players down tools as they will see it and drop players early for the rest of the squad to notice. Managers don’t just pick a winning team they groom a winning team mate.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, One five said:

A good manager doesn’t let players down tools as they will see it and drop players early for the rest of the squad to notice. Managers don’t just pick a winning team they groom a winning team mate.

You don’t need to tell me that. I’ve seen it happen hundreds of times in my lifetime across various levels of football. 

It’s nothing new. Only elite managers succeed and sustain high levels from their players for a sustained period of time.