• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cade

• FWJ

• Japan Jambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could have picked any song from any female in the charts and I couldn't tell the difference to this shite.  Obviously not wanting to host it 2 years in a row. 😁

Jambo-Jimbo

I can see that doing well, it's the sort of catchy Europop song that usually goes down well with Mainland Europeans.

Captain Slog

Its not a winner, but is catchy and bland enough to go left hand side of the board.

I can tell she is trying to be edgy with the lyrics and video, and I'm all for female empowerment, however misandry is not the way to go about it.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

Its not a winner, but is catchy and bland enough to go left hand side of the board.

I can tell she is trying to be edgy with the lyrics and video, and I'm all for female empowerment, however misandry is not the way to go about it.

“ the gays “ will Love it , it’ll get played non stop in the gay bars with 55 years old “ bears “ and “ twinks “

all dancing their tits aff to it . Oh I’m so glad I’m out of that game now 😂7446C810-F790-4997-AF88-D52178EF276C.gif.3438b8afd8ed05dbd5cdf2fd381a30db.gif

Captain Slog

There are Rangers fans in gay bars?

Actually, see previous gay bar thread, that's what makes them enjoying, dancing to all that camp cramp cos you had one to many and it isnt done in other bars.

Some of the 'out there' entries this year for anyone that doesn't want blandness:

Nobody seems to be making an effort this year.

LOTS of "My Lovely Horse" entries.

Don't think anybody fancies hosting it next time out.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

There are Rangers fans in gay bars?

Actually, see previous gay bar thread, that's what makes them enjoying, dancing to all that camp cramp cos you had one to many and it isnt done in other bars.

Oi listen I can still strutt my stuff if in the mood. Its not over yet. :) the best dancing place in Edinburgh for cheesy gay camp music or indeed any music is Club Tropicana.  

Captain Slog

This will be the first 'live' Eurovision over here for my wife James.  We streamed last couple together 5000 miles apart. Do you think we would have to book Club Tropicana so she can experience it properly when watching?

Where is Club Tropicana, is ages since I been up town, we usually China Red.  What's best food place nearby?

Yes I am looking forward to it anyone else.

Reckon Lord of the Lost will come close. They have been going for years and their Thornstar and Judas albums are brilliant. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

This will be the first 'live' Eurovision over here for my wife James.  We streamed last couple together 5000 miles apart. Do you think we would have to book Club Tropicana so she can experience it properly when watching?

Where is Club Tropicana, is ages since I been up town, we usually China Red.  What's best food place nearby?

Yes I am looking forward to it anyone else.

You have a wife called " James ?  :)    

Er think the gay pubs will have it one their  tellys. In fact they def will. its a big night.  Actually non gay bars probably will too mate. No sure about Club T. ? Its on Lothian road. Awebody and anybody is allowed it . But its a good 80s themed bar.  Planet bar and Habana are also great too. Both non pretentious, unlike CC Blooms. 

6 hours ago, escobri said:

Shite song, shite competition and a big feck you to them for crushing an XR3I 🤬

Samuel Camazzola

Mae is the young girl from the Mika video from back in the day. Seems an age since that song was doing the rounds. 

37 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Mae is the young girl from the Mika video from back in the day. Seems an age since that song was doing the rounds. 

2007 was 16 years ago......

• 2 weeks later...

What a load of absolute shite on display this year. (at least in this first semi final)

Embarrassingly poor all round.

5rLIQ52.gif

On 09/03/2023 at 10:19, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I can see that doing well, it's the sort of catchy Europop song that usually goes down well with Mainland Europeans.

It sounds like it was written by someone from Azerbaijan.  So nowhere near as good as last year's UK entry, but you never know.

• 1 month later...

It's almost upon us!

First semi final on Tuesday 9th May.

Second semi on Thursday 11th May.

Grand Final on Saturday 13th May.

Sweden are the hot favourites (again) with Loreen making a return to the contest since she won it back in 2012.

Finland are a close 2nd favourite.

Everybody else is a million miles away. At least, according to the bookies.

That Finnish one is terrible and the boy must go to the same costume designer as Sam Smith going by the video. 😀

The Jazz Emu

I can’t see past Sweden, although the UK winning it in Coronation year would be a nice little boost for the country.

11 minutes ago, C Moon said:

I can’t see past Sweden, although the UK winning it in Coronation year would be a nice little boost for the country.

:rofl:Aye, that'll wipe out Inflation, Interest rates, energy bills and the cost of food.

1 hour ago, C Moon said:

:Aye: Not happening. Away back tae yer wee street party.

JudyJudyJudy

i must be the only gay who hasn't the slightest interest in it. I do wonder if Grinder goes into meltdown at the venue though :( 

RIdKkQ3.gif  First semi about to get underway.

Keep an eye out for Croatia tonight, they're the most "Eurovision" act on this year.

Edited by Cade

Victorian
On 05/05/2023 at 17:20, jonesy said:

I haven't - quite enjoy the ESC on the night itself, and have done since my maw used to watch it when I was wee. I don't recall it ever being quite so camp, however. Maybe that sort of stuff passed me by when I was a bairn.

Listened to a wee bit of the UK's song, and quickly turned it off. Not because it was going to ruin the surprise, but because I thought it was gash.

It is.  It's absolutely grim.

Japan Jambo
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Serbian Robert Smith is boring as feck likes

Latvia and the Maltese 'effort' both pretty dreadful

Edited by Japan Jambo

...a bit disco

Got 5/1 for Eire to make the final.

:wonga:

JudyJudyJudy

OMG she is a stunner and that dress is stunning too.  I thought she was a white Rupaul at first but shes awe woman unlike him.,    Hannah I mean. Thought id watch just to see what the fuss is about. 

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Latvia and the Maltese 'effort' both pretty dreadful

Not as bad as Aleshas  rapping 

JudyJudyJudy

Im guessing " trans rights are human rights " will be mentioned as well as some " non binary" performers.  Obviously mostly gays. 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Is there any straight people there ? 

I know a married couple that are down there. 
And of course hundreds of slightly eccentric single middle aged female cat owners.