*****Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic SCQF Thread ******

cookieboy

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

They are experienced though and no where to pick up the positions. Halliday seems to find something extra with them. Agree Grant, played very well recently. With 5 subs and potentially a 6th for extra time, if you can get 70 minutes of real endeavour, you can bring fresh legs and plenty on

Apart from the great cross on Wednesday Halliday has done nothing else against them, was targeted when he was on and played Kyogo onside for their first goal. 
Devlin constantly let the left back run off him and looked clueless on when to press. 
We need all 11 to be on top form to beat them and these two cant start. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• pettigrewsstylist

• Pasquale for King

57 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Clark. 

Smith. Hill. Sibbick. Cochrane.  

Devlin. Snodric. Kio. 

Grant

Ginnelly. Shankland.  

Rowles for Hill and this is the one for me.

Or same as last time out but swapping Shankland for Humphreys and Rowles for Kingsley:

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin

Ginnelly Kio Snodgrass McKay

Shankland

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I would definitely play McKay but only if we go with Grant Devlin Kio as a 3, we need to give McKay he room to play, one pass can open up that Celtic defence and he’s got the ability. Get Shanks and hopefully Gino in front of him and we can cause them problems. One things for sure we’re not keeping a clean sheet, that’s not a dig at our defence their movement always creates chances and a few of them are clinical in front of goal. It’s going to be a tough watch but you never know we might have learnt enough from Wednesday to trouble them.

That requires a back four, maybe after 70 minutes when we are losing.,

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That requires a back four, maybe after 70 minutes when we are losing.,

5-3-2 for me

assuming all fit (alternates in brackets)

Clark

Smith

Hill

Sibbick

Rowles (or Kingsley)

Cochrane (or Kingsley or Halliday)

Kio

Grant

Snodgrass (or Devlin)

Gino

Shankland (or Kuol or Humphreys)

23 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

6-3 Hearts.

2-2 Ht, at 3-2 Hearts around 55 mins- celtic get a player sent off.

:scenes:

Brilliant. I'll have some of what your on.😂

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Zero % chance Rowles doesn't start unless injured / ill.

Aye, it’s him or Hill tbh.  

It’s really just names in a hat.  

However, Neilson may stick with the wing back system. Some are putting Hill at RB in a 4 but I don’t think he ever looks comfy when he’s filled in there.

This is the problem we have with RB if Smith isn’t fully fit or taking longer to recover after matches with one on the horizon soon after. 

46 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Rowles for Hill and this is the one for me.

Or same as last time out but swapping Shankland for Humphreys and Rowles for Kingsley:

Clark

Devlin

Ginnelly Kio Snodgrass McKay

Shankland

Instead of hoping McKay eventually has more influence in these games, I think Neilson needs to go with the trend and bring him on as a sub if required.

Although it was more of a B team on Wednesday night, we looked sharper and more competitive in the middle starting with natural midfielders.  

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Clark

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Kio

Atkinson

Grant

Snodgrass

McKay or Kuol

Gino

Shanks or Humps or Oda

For the big fearties in our support; add Smith and go 4 at the back and remove a forward

I think he found a system that worked on Wednesday so he may well stick to this tomorrow. I know it’s at home and a cup tie but I think he will play the same formation but try and press a bit higher and maybe try push the ‘wingbacks’ up a bit. I think he goes 

Clark 

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Kingsley

Cochrane

Kio

Devlin

Snodgrass

Gino

Mckay

Harsh on Grant so unless he plays instead of Kio I think he plays Devlin and Snodgrass. 

4 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

I think he found a system that worked on Wednesday so he may well stick to this tomorrow. I know it’s at home and a cup tie but I think he will play the same formation but try and press a bit higher and maybe try push the ‘wingbacks’ up a bit. I think he goes 

Clark 

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Kingsley

Cochrane

Kio

Devlin

Snodgrass

Gino

Mckay

Harsh on Grant so unless he plays instead of Kio I think he plays Devlin and Snodgrass. 

Grant for Kio. Need some creativity from midfield.

Luckies1874

Certainly want Shankland fit, after all look what he did earlier in the season in this fixture. But ironically him being out might force Neilson’s hand to play a much tighter team and only go with Ginnelly and McKay ensuring we have that extra body in midfield. No bad thing in my opinion as if they are all available I just can’t see him leave one of them out. Whereas I can certainly see him playing 3 of Snodgrass, Grant, Devlin, Halliday or Kio if Shankland is out.

Gino fit for tomorrow, thank feck. Hope he lasts the majority of the game though as he's quite susceptible to wee knock. Key part of our side and we'll need another big performance from him!

All about intensity for me.

Don't think Snoddy and Baz work hard enough to be in the same team.

Need to leave nothing on the pitch and try and ruffle them, they can be got at without encurring the inevitable cards.

High intensity and play with zero care, make a mistake and win the ball back. We can do it.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye, it’s him or Hill tbh.  

It’s really just names in a hat.  

However, Neilson may stick with the wing back system. Some are putting Hill at RB in a 4 but I don’t think he ever looks comfy when he’s filled in there.

This is the problem we have with RB if Smith isn’t fully fit or taking longer to recover after matches with one on the horizon soon after. 

Only RB i would play in 4 is MS. Noticeably didnt start Wed. 

Problem is getting the 90/120 out of him.

Didnt get sorted in window. Not sure why.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apart from the great cross on Wednesday Halliday has done nothing else against them, was targeted when he was on and played Kyogo onside for their first goal. 
Devlin constantly let the left back run off him and looked clueless on when to press. 
We need all 11 to be on top form to beat them and these two cant start. 

Harsh. Both played their part in a very fine team performance for 55 minutes, until Celtic got everything on a plate for them

7 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Harsh. Both played their part in a very fine team performance for 55 minutes, until Celtic got everything on a plate for them

and brought millions of pounds worth of players on.

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Grant for Kio. Need some creativity from midfield.

I would personally play Grant but think RN may play Kio after Wed. I think Snodgrass has to play to give us better quality on the ball and I think Devlin has to play for his energy and his ability to win the ball back. 

15 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I'm going to the game, but it's more in hope than expectation. I'll be giving the team full backing but sadly I only see one outcome & that's a fairly comfortable win for ceptic, I just don't see Neilson ever managing to instil in our team what it takes to beat either the OF.

So you blame Neilson and ignore the gap in quality. Good one. 

We definitely have a chance tomorrow. 

Famous 1874

No Shanks is a disaster no doubt about it. 

We’ll play a back 3 no doubt. 

Clark 

Hill Rowles Kingsley 

Smith Kio Snoddy Cochrane

Grant McKay

Gino

That’s my guess there. Devlin was murder at Parkhead. Hill seems to be preferred over Sibbick. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Possibly, you cant lose your man or play folk onside against better teams as most mistakes will be punished. Doubt either will start tomorrow. 

Rocky jamboa

I'd play with snodgrass, devlin and grant in midfield. Key is having extra bodies in midfield. Grant can push up to support when we're attacking. 

A sort of 451 when we're defending and 4231 when we're attacking. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Possibly, you cant lose your man or play folk onside against better teams as most mistakes will be punished. Doubt either will start tomorrow. 

Halliday was made for games like this. He’ll play at some point and possibly start

51 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

I would personally play Grant but think RN may play Kio after Wed. I think Snodgrass has to play to give us better quality on the ball and I think Devlin has to play for his energy and his ability to win the ball back. 

Problem with Devlin is he a dead cert yellow card because he’s so combative and once he gets it you’d be as well taking him off before he gets sent off

17 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it but is humprheys fit?

Major doubt. Knee problem. 😐

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Major doubt. Knee problem. 😐

Thought they said he was ill?

We have all been looking at 11. 
We need massive energy for 90 mins. 
Assuming we are still in it at 60, we need to be able to swap like for like to maintain energy. Eg Koul for Gino a better match. Halliday for Kio. We should be telling a number to bust a gut for 60 and subs be able to do same for last 30. It was 60 and 84 we lost goals and both looked like we were tiring. They were flying the whole game even tho they didn’t sub til 70. That’s part of the difference in class. 

2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Thought they said he was ill?

EEN:

Neilson expects most of Hearts’ injuries to clear before the weekend, although Stephen Humphrys and Yutaro Oda remain doubtful with knee and foot problems respectively.

The White Cockade
Just now, neilnunb said:

EEN:

Neilson expects most of Hearts’ injuries to clear before the weekend, although Stephen Humphrys and Yutaro Oda remain doubtful with knee and foot problems respectively.

ill and injured!

not good then

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It probably has happened to even the best of Hearts players there though. I think Snodgrass will have 2 bodyguards and industrialists, Kio worth a shout, Grant too, not fussy myself who gets the call, I like them all

KyleLafferty

I’m hoping Kio plays after his last two outings. He’s looked good and gives us energy and physicality in midfield. He also is composed when he wants to be.

Clark

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Smith Kio Snoddy Haliday

Grant

Shankland Gino

Clark

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley            

Smith  Kio  Snodric   Halliday 

Grant     McKay 

Gino

I'd play Kio over Devlin but Cammy probably starts. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It probably has happened to even the best of Hearts players there though. I think Snodgrass will have 2 bodyguards and industrialists, Kio worth a shout, Grant too, not fussy myself who gets the call, I like them all

Likely to be Grant to his right and McKay to his left. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Halliday was made for games like this. He’ll play at some point and possibly start

Shame hes hardly ever contributed in any, may well come off the bench but their movement is way too quick for him. 

Gorgie_Rules

Shankland trained im hearing but Snodgrass a doubt.

Would go 3 in the middle

Clark

Devlin     Halliday

McKay      Grant             Gino

Shankland

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

Would go 3 in the middle

Clark

Devlin     Halliday

Shankland

Hill will be playing

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Sid said:

We have all been looking at 11. 
We need massive energy for 90 mins. 
Assuming we are still in it at 60, we need to be able to swap like for like to maintain energy. Eg Koul for Gino a better match. Halliday for Kio. We should be telling a number to bust a gut for 60 and subs be able to do same for last 30. It was 60 and 84 we lost goals and both looked like we were tiring. They were flying the whole game even tho they didn’t sub til 70. That’s part of the difference in class. 

Class absolutely but fitness shouldn’t be something we cant match. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t know what it is but there appeared a gulf. Maybe it’s we spent first 60 chasing them. They spent first 60 passing. So it’s not comparable fitness? 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Sid said:

Don’t know what it is but there appeared a gulf. Maybe it’s we spent first 60 chasing them. They spent first 60 passing. So it’s not comparable fitness? 

Chasing the ball is more tiring apparently, fitness isn't our strongest suit really. 
Smaller pitch should help too..

south morocco
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure about that. Shopping in a more expensive market brings better quality athletes as well as technical ability.

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Shame hes hardly ever contributed in any, may well come off the bench but their movement is way too quick for him. 

Their movement unfortunately is way too quick for most of our players. We can live in hope though.

4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Instead of hoping McKay eventually has more influence in these games, I think Neilson needs to go with the trend and bring him on as a sub if required.

Although it was more of a B team on Wednesday night, we looked sharper and more competitive in the middle starting with natural midfielders.  

This lineup has all natural midfielders and McKay wide.

He had plenty of influence in the 3-4 game at Tynecastle, which seemed to go unnoticed...

But I'd be happy with him coming on as a sub if we decide to go 352 or 4231

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Would go 3 in the middle

Clark

Devlin     Halliday

Shankland

Please be true on both counts. :pleasing:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, south morocco said:

Not sure about that. Shopping in a more expensive market brings better quality athletes as well as technical ability.

There is no reason our players shouldn’t be as fit as any others really, what’s stopping them?