*****Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic SCQF Thread ******

cookieboy

Don't know who's playing , don't know who's injured .....  We are winning 3/1 :rudiyas: get your semi final gear looked out HHGH :Toby:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• pettigrewsstylist

• Pasquale for King

Just now, PaddysBar said:

They’ve got much better players than us, they absolutely should win. 

I fancy Hearts personally 😀

:greatpost:

Just now, cookieboy said:

:greatpost:

I’m going full on breakfast cans and bacon rolls. This. Is. Happening. 

If I could write an end of season script it would be the wee team pipping us for 3rd, then we win the cup and take the guaranteed group stage in Europe anyway, plus having our 9th Scottish cup to polish over the summer 😃

2 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

They’ve got much better players than us, they absolutely should win. 

I fancy Hearts personally 😀

You are correct that they should win, but once in a while we turn them over so Saturday could be the day.

3 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I’m going full on breakfast cans and bacon rolls. This. Is. Happening. 

If I could write an end of season script it would be the wee team pipping us for 3rd, then we win the cup and take the guaranteed group stage in Europe anyway, plus having our 9th Scottish cup to polish over the summer 😃

Carlsberg don't do summers do they :olly::scenes:

No Idle Talk

HUGE game. We've come close against them a few times in the last couple of seasons. The fans and the players both need to bring their A game but it can be done.

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, Morgan said:

1-0 Hearts, Cooks.  👍

Not a chance our defence is good enough to get a clean sheet against them.  We need to score 2 or 3 to have a chance.  Let’s be honest, it’s a real long shot.

Watt-Zeefuik

We're gonna win the big cup and we're gonna beat Hibs, Celtic, Rangers, and, um, Ayr to get there.

ScandinavianJambo

Small chance is better then nout. Rather them than Rangers, at least with Celtic we bring a hint of a game. I would love Ginelly to be able to play. Here is for hoping. 

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We're gonna win the big cup and we're gonna beat Hibs, Celtic, Rangers, and, um, Ayr to get there.

in that order ,,,,, ooft :yas:

hmfc_liam06

Bring in Shankland, Smith and Cochrane for Forrest, Atkinson and Halliday and that’s the team for me.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Bring in Shankland, Smith and Cochrane for Forrest, Atkinson and Halliday and that’s the team for me.

I’d go along with that too but unfortunately I think McKay and Snodgrass will come back in (don’t mind Snodgrass playing if further forward though but probably only if Shankland not available).  

Maybe Kingsley in for Hill too if a back 3 / 5.  Although I’d rather see a 4-1-4-1.

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d go along with that too but unfortunately I think McKay and Snodgrass will come back in (don’t mind Snodgrass playing if further forward though but probably only if Shankland not available).  

Maybe Kingsley in for Hill too if a back 3 / 5.  Although I’d rather see a 4-1-4-1.

I wouldn’t mind McKay playing but personally don’t want Snodgrass anywhere near it. The amount of times he loses the ball in dangerous areas, as we seen tonight Celtic are ruthless when teams make mistakes.

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I wouldn’t mind McKay playing but personally don’t want Snodgrass anywhere near it. The amount of times he loses the ball in dangerous areas, as we seen tonight Celtic are ruthless when teams make mistakes.

McKay is as good as a man short in these games, although we might get away with playing him if we have the extra man in midfield again.  If we’re playing 3-4-3 then no thanks.  

48 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Sorry but how poor was Kingsley when he came on! Hill has regressed, but Kingsley was mince!

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Sounds good to me 

Geoff Kilpatrick

0-3

I'll be delighted to be proven wrong but this way I can't be disappointed.

We need to score first to have a chance. They will press, no need to invite it, We need to use it positively and quickly by driving forward or playing it forward, knocking it about would just play into their hands. We need to be the pressers, play it as the one off cup tie it is and we can win. No, I would not start Snodgrass for this, yes, I would start Barry McKay, He is frustrating but capable of that something special. 

13 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

We need to score first to have a chance. They will press, no need to invite it, We need to use it positively and quickly by driving forward or playing it forward, knocking it about would just play into their hands. We need to be the pressers, play it as the one off cup tie it is and we can win. No, I would not start Snodgrass for this, yes, I would start Barry McKay, He is frustrating but capable of that something special. 

Our goal yesterday came from good quick passing and finding a through ball for a grey hound . Their goals for tally would likely have been more if we had tried to charge forward and left big gaps at the back or forced our defenders to have to run back to our goal . We got our tactics right last night and I hope we do some thing similar on Saturday

Imo that midfield deserves another chance on Saturday, they have the energy to keep up with that Celtic midfield. 

I like Snodgrass but worry a game like Saturdays will be too fast paced for him now. 

Edited by Mac80

Fans will have a huge part to play if we are to have any chance.

Those in the lower stands need to be right on top of their players and never give them the ball back.

Hopefully we get a good start in the game to get the crowd up.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Our goal yesterday came from good quick passing and finding a through ball for a grey hound . Their goals for tally would likely have been more if we had tried to charge forward and left big gaps at the back or forced our defenders to have to run back to our goal . We got our tactics right last night and I hope we do some thing similar on Saturday

Agreed.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Agreed,  but he only loses it as often as he's the only midfielder taking responsibility,  making space and looking for the pass. 

Devlin in particular needs to take more responsibility and get on the ball.

Tbh, our midfield players struggle v the OF as they press, tackle and move faster, and as you say they also punish you. 

To play our normal game v the OF effectively we need better midfielders.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

34 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Imo that midfield deserves another chance on Saturday, they have the energy to keep up with that Celtic midfield. 

I like Snodgrass but worry a game like Saturdays will be too fast paced for him now. 

Felt Devlin looked lost last night. Was poor for their second goal as well. if we are playing 3 at the back, then I'd expect something like

Clark

Hill

Sibbick

Rowles

Smith

Snodgrass

Kio

Grant

Cochrane/ Kingsley

Shankland/McKay

Gino/Humps/Kuol

All depends who is fit. 

Edited by GinRummy

Last night showed that keeping our shape is vital - so not being bullied and not being naive in our play is key. Tic are a good team but are beatable. Players need to keep the heid and not be rash or daft.  If we do this, we really do have a chance on sat.

We often give Celtic at good game at Tynecastle so hopefully that continues with luck favouring us this time.  The last league game 3-4 was a cracker but our defence was all over the place during that period of the season.  I would seriously hope if we scored 3 again then it would be enough to win the tie.  

Jambos_1874

We can win this but it is going to be bloody difficult. We absolutely need to score first and potentially even sneak a second. I think that if we try and defend a lead rather than keep going at them, we'll lose. They hate being under pressure and not being able to impose themselves on games, so we'll have to be in their faces for the whole game.

As a side note, when they do their huddle I'd like to see Cammy Devlin wriggle under them, into the middle of the huddle, and shout absolutel dogs abuse at them in his strongest Ozzie accent. 

Edited by Jambos_1874

I thought the midfield was spot on yesterday. Having that extra man in midfield is what we will need on Saturday if we are to have any chance.

Robbo-Jambo
15 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

I thought the midfield was spot on yesterday. Having that extra man in midfield is what we will need on Saturday if we are to have any chance.

Correct, but will Neilson stick with that ?

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

0-3

I'll be delighted to be proven wrong but this way I can't be disappointed.

Seriously, You'll be in a minority of one amongst Hearts supporters, I don't know any Hearts supporter that won't be disappointed if the result went against us.

58 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

1-1. And we’ll win on penalties 

You'll get about 25/1 for that.

For just getting through:

image.png.d80148999d2faf389433016201d9bcf2.png

Just now, H2 said:

You'll get about 25/1 for that.

For just getting through:

image.png.d80148999d2faf389433016201d9bcf2.png

You may as well just back us to win in normal time imo. They have so much quality off the bench that they'd likely win in extra time.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You may as well just back us to win in normal time imo. They have so much quality off the bench that they'd likely win in extra time.

believe - we can do it.

Just now, H2 said:

believe - we can do it.

If things go our way and he gets his tactics right (like last night) I think we could win. We'll need to do it in normal time though.

Selkirkhmfc1874
23 minutes ago, poultry said:

How many tickets still available for this game anyone ?

Loads ! Hopefully we'll shift lots between now and kick off 

We_are_the_Hearts

Hearts could have been clever here and said any non ST holder that buys a ticket will go up the ST waiting list. Like a LP system for the waiting list.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm not saying Hearts will win, but they can. We dont even need to win, be an excruciating shootout. Think Zander and the back lads need to have a career best kind of day