*** Official Celtic FC vs. Heart of Midlothian FC (8 Mar 2023) Match Thread ***

Watt-Zeefuik

1-1 we will score in the first 10 mins and defend for the rest of the game,they will equalise with a penalty in added time.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Hearts007

• Riccarton3

• neilnunb

13 minutes ago, One five said:

1-1 we will score in the first 10 mins and defend for the rest of the game,they will equalise with a penalty in added time.

Your scenario would prompt the inevitable cliché from the pundits:-

"Perhaps Hearts have scored too early." 😁

That's almost as bad as, "It's harder to play against 10 men." (If true then we should just bleedin' well start with 10 from the 1st whistle)

Mind you, it would be a total hoot if we did score early and then parked 10 outfield players in and around our own box for the remainder of the game. It wouldn't do my constitution any favours, but would be interesting.

Having said that, yes, the inevitable injury time penalty in the 97th minute in this VAR age would be a stick-on certainty.

Celtic beating us is the equivalent of us beating Raith Rovers. 

We have no right to expect to get a result, no chance it happening away from home, hopefully Saturday is the once in a blue moon occasion 

Furohashi will score a tap in from a few yards after us not stopping the cross, seems to happen every time we play them.

Edited by jambopilms

dontkillbill
42 minutes ago, One five said:

The natives won't like that one bit. 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

The natives won't like that one bit. 🤣🤣🤣

If we get as far as added time 1 goal to the good then you can personally witness me eating my wooly hat.

There is NO WAY that will be allowed to happen by the, ahem, 'impartial' referees & VAR team.

Hectormasson
41 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I reckon this week is going to be f****** grim

hate to pe pessimistic, but ditto.....due a turn against them, but definetly two very hard games ahead.....

Decided to drive through a couple of hours early tomorrow. Any suggestions for parking? It all  seems a bit dodgy around the stadium. The only other thing I can think of is to stick the car in a city centre car park but that seems a pain in the backside for getting home too. 

Lone Striker
55 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

hate to pe pessimistic, but ditto.....due a turn against them, but definetly two very hard games ahead.....

If we can avoid injuries tomorrow and don't have anyone sent off, that'll be quite an achievement in itself.  

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If we can avoid injuries tomorrow and don't have anyone sent off, that'll be quite an achievement in itself.  

Happy to sacrifice someone who puts Kyogo out of Saturdays game.

weegie jambo
2 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Decided to drive through a couple of hours early tomorrow. Any suggestions for parking? It all  seems a bit dodgy around the stadium. The only other thing I can think of is to stick the car in a city centre car park but that seems a pain in the backside for getting home too. 

theres a big Tesco not too far away to walk just over the Clyde in Rutherglen should be OK there maybe 10/15 mins walk. two mins drive from the M74 afterwards

Edited by weegie jambo
more info

3 hours ago, One five said:

Great......we defend for 90 mins, at last!

8 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I reckon this week is going to be f****** grim

I am with you , team will be tinkered with for sure . Feel a steam rolling coming along 

I'm expecting nothing but if we are well organised and defend well you never know. Filling out the midfield gives us the best chance. I would leave Barrie out, great player but we need everyone to get stuck in and he's not the player for that.

Graham Thomson

We will probably lose 4- 0 with Robbie playing 3 4 3, stating at the end the floodlights were to  bright or the ball balls were to slow. 

But we will learn from it. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Enough of this pessimism, say I.

12 hours of 🍺🍸🍷🍹🧃🍾🍻 time until KO

Gettin' started the noo. Bring it OAN. 🫶

6 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

theres a big Tesco not too far away to walk just over the Clyde in Rutherglen should be OK there maybe 10/15 mins walk. two mins drive from the M74 afterwards

Magic, thanks! 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not the usual actually 

Pesky facts again

There is hope!

451, don't concede early.

I'd rest Mckay maybe even Shankland for this and use Gino and Kuol as an outlet.

Stay tight and compact, hit on the counter, go more direct,Frustrate them and the wee diver up front.

Our midfield must use and keep the ball better, much better than it did v Rangers.

Oh, and we need to believe really hard.

My prediction,  0-1 Hearts,  late winner by our sub Oda.

Either that, or we concede early and are 3-0 down at HT with parkhead bouncing and our arses collapsing.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
25 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Will anyone be able to get a tic stream? Don’t want to give them money for PPV if it can be avoided

Every time I've paid for PPV against the arsecheeks, I've regretted it. This time, I'll just listen to Laurie on Hearts TV. If we get a good result, I'll watch the highlights on Sportscene. If not, I'll get an early night (been testing Covid positive for for 9 days now; I'm knackered).

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Will anyone be able to get a tic stream? Don’t want to give them money for PPV if it can be avoided

Old Firm streams are usually pretty easy to get.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Look, everyone, absolutely everyone has lost at Parkhead, there is literally therefore nothing to lose tonight

Clark
Smith. Hill. Rowles Kingsley. Cochrane. 

Snodric. Devlin. Grant. 

Shankland Gino

Tight and competitive in midfield but still plenty football in there when we need to retain a bit possession. 

If we are still in the game late on, you can look to bring on McKay, Kuol etc..for whatever it is we require.

The Old Tolbooth

I'd be more apprehensive playing Deadco two games in a row as we seem to just capitulate to them under Robbie, he actually doesn't lose many too heavily to Celtic for some bizarre reason, even though Celtic are a better team. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'd be more apprehensive playing Deadco two games in a row as we seem to just capitulate to them under Robbie, he actually doesn't lose many too heavily to Celtic for some bizarre reason, even though Celtic are a better team. 

Sadly, I dont think the reasons are too bizarre, seems to be more motivation for one than the other. Watch when Rangers come to Tynecastle and when Celtic do, the difference in relationship between backroom teams.

9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Clark

Snodric. Devlin. Grant. 

Shankland Gino

Tight and competitive in midfield but still plenty football in there when we need to retain a bit possession. 

If we are still in the game late on, you can look to bring on McKay, Kuol etc..for whatever it is we require.

I think this is our best side for both games. Really wish the 2 matches weren't so close together.

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Sadly, I dont think the reasons are too bizarre, seems to be more motivation for one than the other. Watch when Rangers come to Tynecastle and when Celtic do, the difference in relationship between backroom teams.

I can't say I'd noticed that before, but you could be onto something there, we should be hating everyone, no exceptions! 

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pesky facts again

There is hope!

451, don't concede early.

I'd rest Mckay maybe even Shankland for this and use Gino and Kuol as an outlet.

Stay tight and compact, hit on the counter, go more direct,Frustrate them and the wee diver up front.

Our midfield must use and keep the ball better, much better than it did v Rangers.

Oh, and we need to believe really hard.

My prediction,  0-1 Hearts,  late winner by our sub Oda.

Either that, or we concede early and are 3-0 down at HT with parkhead bouncing and our arses collapsing.

That all depends on whether Robbie fancies playing a proper midfield tonight unlike that disaster of an experiment against Rangers.

Agree with your point re using pace as an outlet. They will try to suffocate us so important we try and give them something to think about going the other way. Just think in terms of getting us up the pitch Shankland will be important with his hold up play. 

Clark

Hill  Sibbick  Rowles

Natty  Devlin  Grant  Kio  Cochrane

Shanks  Gino

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

That all depends on whether Robbie fancies playing a proper midfield tonight unlike that disaster of an experiment against Rangers.

Agree with your point re using pace as an outlet. They will try to suffocate us so important we try and give them something to think about going the other way. Just think in terms of getting us up the pitch Shankland will be important with his hold up play. 

Yeah, no experiments tonight please, nice and tight in midfield. 

I'd stuck Kio and Devlin in the middle with Snodgrass in there. Maybe Grant.

Gino up top, forrest and Kuol supporting.

451, sit a little deeper, defend well, hope they don't score early and then try to catch them on the break.

Seriously no argument about bolstering the middle of the park with an extra man that isn't Shankland or McKay or any other experiment

37 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Clark

Snodric. Devlin. Grant. 

Shankland Gino

Agree with going 5-3-2.  I was tempted to go 4 at the back but I think we need a solid 3 in midfield so we don't get overrun and 2 up front so they're not isolated. Shankland to do the back to goal stuff and Gino to run in behind.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see 4 at the back though. I think we've done this in every visit to Glasgow recently.

Would play a 4231 to give us defensive solidity and a chance to at least hold play up a little when we get forward.

My fear with a 3 at the back is when we try and play out from the back, get pressed and hoof it long to no one.

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Devlin   Kio  

Gino  Grant  Snodgrass

Shankland 

16 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Agree with going 5-3-2.  I was tempted to go 4 at the back but I think we need a solid 3 in midfield so we don't get overrun and 2 up front so they're not isolated. Shankland to do the back to goal stuff and Gino to run in behind.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see 4 at the back though. I think we've done this in every visit to Glasgow recently.

👍🏻.   I think having a more natural looking midfield puts emphasis on the wing backs to get up the park in better support, more so Cochrane.  

You’d have two pass pickers in Snod and Grant looking to build the play and pick people out while Devlin is doing what he does best.  McKay plays more detached and advanced, therefore isn’t in positions to see the wing backs and play them in.  

Cochrane needs to be the “legs” for us and become part of the attacking moves when we can build play. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
57 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I can't say I'd noticed that before, but you could be onto something there, we should be hating everyone, no exceptions! 

Oh absolutely, grinds my gears, every time I see the all smiles and pre match cuddles

11 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Would play a 4231 to give us defensive solidity and a chance to at least hold play up a little when we get forward.

My fear with a 3 at the back is when we try and play out from the back, get pressed and hoof it long to no one.

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Devlin   Kio  

Gino  Grant  Snodgrass

Shankland 

Not a bad looking team.

I think Rangers adjust to capitalise on our weaknesses, Celtic just play the same way pretty much all the time. 

We seem to be closer to a result against Celtic, so 2 nil for us tonight, same in the cup game.

I agree, it is early to start drinking 😝

4 hours ago, fila said:

I am with you , team will be tinkered with for sure . Feel a steam rolling coming along 

Me too I’m afraid - priority is putting n a decent performance, no injuries and no red cards. 

LochcarronJambo
2 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Cards on the table I’ll take a 2-0 win right now 

If that happened i would have a wee dance naked on the back green

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Clark

Snodric. Devlin. Grant. 

Shankland Gino

Kingsley is ill, Cochrane got a knock at the weekend.

Smith Snodgrass and Shankland (and maybe one or two others) will be rested with Saturday in mind

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Seriously no argument about bolstering the middle of the park with an extra man that isn't Shankland or McKay or any other experiment

Doddy used to say horses for courses, he would rest Robbo for certain games, where he knew his chances would be diminished. 

I didnt think the team we played in August had any chance, we could quite legitimately play something like this tonight and be competitive in the game

Clark

Atkinson Hill Rowles Halliday

Forrest Devlin Grant Kio McKay

Shankland

If Kuol gets on he will shoot towards their end hitting the post and sinking the rebound.

We win 1-0.

No joke I dreamt this last night and I never have those dreams.

9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Kingsley is ill, Cochrane got a knock at the weekend.

Smith Snodgrass and Shankland (and maybe one or two others) will be rested with Saturday in mind

Here's me thinking securing 3rd  was the realistic target of the two.

Absolute Scenes

i wonder if the aim here is to use the pace of Gino and Kuol tonight. If we rest Shankland they might not expect that and not know how to handle the pace of these two. Or they just absolutely rag doll us 😆

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Here's me thinking securing 3rd  was the realistic target of the two.

realistic is beating celtic at home in a one off game rather than a game away to Celtic in the league where no one has beaten Celtic since i can remember. the last time we played them it was a very fair game considering we had Stewart in goals and only got beat 2-0, with the second goal coming late in the game. If we rest players and we get beat, we have a stronger team ready to face Celtic at home in a game where we could go on a terrific cup run

12 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

We're leaving at 4. Hoping to miss most of traffic, and get parked ok.