*** Official Celtic FC vs. Heart of Midlothian FC (8 Mar 2023) Match Thread ***

Watt-Zeefuik

Harry Potter
On 04/03/2023 at 21:57, Luckies1874 said:

Jesus, just looked, last time we won a league match there was in 2007!!!!! :vrface:

Last win of any sort was by a Mikey Stewart penalty in the League Cup in 2009.

As you say, definitely due.

Was there at the league cup win 2007, last time there, hopefully force a draw😏.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Hearts007

• Riccarton3

• neilnunb

pettigrewsstylist

To not fall apart when the pressure is on would be an improvement.

Wed pretty irrelevant in grand scheme. 

Dont risk our key players injuries for the run in.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

And they're claiming it's some sort of major achievement. 

With 33 million profit, simply ticking boxes. However a lot of our own supporters dont understand this, so cant really blame them for making out they are some sort of wunderclub

47 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

Tempted to buy a ticket but live through West - will struggle to get to tynecastle to pick up a ticket from the ticket office. Does anybody know if the club can arrange collection outside the turnstiles at Parkhead?

I'll be at the TO on Tue so just message me and I'll pick-up. Can meet anywhere, anytime either Gw city centre or outside the turnstiles.

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

With 33 million profit, simply ticking boxes. However a lot of our own supporters dont understand this, so cant really blame them for making out they are some sort of wunderclub

It was ****ing nauseating driving yesterday listening to them fawning all over this Celtic side claiming they're very special etc, John Hughes even referring to them as "we" on a couple of occasions, calling them outstanding talents, completely forgetting they were utterly spanked in Europe and in fact they're nowhere near as good as they make them out to be, I really hope we win at least one of these games this week to ram it up them. 

Kirky Jambo

Big ask but I think we can beat Celtic at Tynecastle, especially if we get the run of the green (early red for them or something.) They do leave themselves open to the counter.

Don’t hold out much hope for Parkhead. Realistically if we can win one of our next three games I’d be pretty happy.

13 minutes ago, Lscott said:

Is there any supporters busses going through with spare seats? Needing 2. 

Thanks 

Hopefully armour plated with bullet proof glass.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Hopefully armour plated with bullet proof glass.

Reason I would rather take a bus than own car! Lol 

Just now, Lscott said:

Reason I would rather take a bus than own car! Lol 

Yes, £5 to watch your motror mister and if you don't pay up then broken side window or no wheels.

It’s about time we put in a performance in Glasgow. A point, or even more unlikely a win, would in my opinion be a major step towards finishing third. Whatever let’s not lose a goal in the first ten minutes, have a player sent off or play like we did against Motherwell & Rangers……we are after all the third best team in Scotland. Let’s act like it!!

Last time I was at Parkhead came back to find my car vandalised, two windows smashed in and an old jacket sitting on the back seat had been nicked. Reported at to a police station nearby who firstly weren’t interested and secondly looked at me as though I was mad parking my car there in the first place. I should add it looked a nice street with modern semis etc but not one resident took an interest in what happened. Never been back - absolutely detest the area in general!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It was ****ing nauseating driving yesterday listening to them fawning all over this Celtic side claiming they're very special etc, John Hughes even referring to them as "we" on a couple of occasions, calling them outstanding talents, completely forgetting they were utterly spanked in Europe and in fact they're nowhere near as good as they make them out to be, I really hope we win at least one of these games this week to ram it up them. 

Very much this

stirlingshirejambo
1 hour ago, Holtie said:

Last time I was at Parkhead came back to find my car vandalised, two windows smashed in and an old jacket sitting on the back seat had been nicked. Reported at to a police station nearby who firstly weren’t interested and secondly looked at me as though I was mad parking my car there in the first place. I should add it looked a nice street with modern semis etc but not one resident took an interest in what happened. Never been back - absolutely detest the area in general!

I must be quite lucky

never paid any “insurance” money requested and never had damage to car

Always just park off the A74 opposite the industrial estates or cemeteries 

maybe they just feel sorry knowing I’ll be returning to car after another pumping

still live in hope that this week will be different 

7 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

To not fall apart when the pressure is on would be an improvement.

Kiplingesque.  :) 

7 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Yep, Europe seems to be conveniently forgotten. Teams putting  4 and 5 past them. Their own manager at one point greetin about the players not learning when, in truth, being  outplayed and out thought. 

It’s all very well Neilson saying we have a way of playing and we’ll stick to it but we do tend to be a bit open at times at the back and offer too much space in our last third, as shown on Saturday.  We defend well also but it’s very much a mixed bag.  This is a stronger, faster team though.  

Goes without saying we need sharp minds on Wednesday night with Celtic’s timing of runs and ability to sneak into the gaps.  

I feel like I’ve said this before though. I feel if we try to play out from the back and the transition isn’t good enough from there, we’ll just invite so much pressure onto our 18 yard box too quickly like the recent Rangers game at Tynie.   I’m hoping Grant will help this along with Snodric. Two players who are good in possession, and when under pressure.  

AlphonseCapone
9 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

I'll be at both Celtic games, and as I say, Pope Springs Eternal. In reality I believe we'll ge nothing.

😂 Did you mean that? 

I think we need to play Sibbick. He brings speed to our defence. As we saw on Saturday Rowles is the fastest player and he will get caught out if we don’t have cover. 

As long as we put up some kind of fight and desire and no just chuck it if we go a goal down. Get in their faces from the off, Mon The Hearts !!.

Pasquale for King

Hope there is some decent stream as they’re offering this as ppv at £12.99 and may be tempted nearer the time. 

Pasquale for King

Fowler saying that Cochrane felt his hip on Saturday so Halliday will play, rather move Kingsley as they’re strong and quick down that side. 

Watt-Zeefuik

After listening to Robbie's interview he didn't say but I feel like 3-5-2 is a sure thing.

No Idle Talk
8 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Pumped Wednesday, revenge on Saturday. 

I would settle for that. 

We will sit in or more likely be pushed back and our recent back 3 will be a 5. Fair enough but we must carry a threat, I feel that has to be the pace of Gino and/or Kuol. McKay tho will probably start. We have players who can  ping it long, in the likes of Snoddy, Cochrane, even Sibbick, and McKay can play the killer pass, when we are being pushed back, to a willing runner to turn them and get behind them on their big pitch. Having possession will not hurt them. It will be difficult to get anything from this, but if we do not carry a threat we have no chance.

Really not looking forward to this . Never seems to go well when we play one of the just before or just after a big cup game vs them . An injury and suspension free non heavy defeat would be a good result 

Horatio Caine
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fowler saying that Cochrane felt his hip on Saturday so Halliday will play, rather move Kingsley as they’re strong and quick down that side. 

Apparently Kingsley's ill so won't play.  Great...

14 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Can't argue with that.

LochcarronJambo

14 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Yes, tbh difficult to see anything other than defeat tomorrow , a win on Saturday would be wonderful

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Apparently Kingsley's ill so won't play.  Great...

Halliday definitely plays then. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

We will sit in or more likely be pushed back and our recent back 3 will be a 5. Fair enough but we must carry a threat, I feel that has to be the pace of Gino and/or Kuol. McKay tho will probably start. We have players who can  ping it long, in the likes of Snoddy, Cochrane, even Sibbick, and McKay can play the killer pass, when we are being pushed back, to a willing runner to turn them and get behind them on their big pitch. Having possession will not hurt them. It will be difficult to get anything from this, but if we do not carry a threat we have no chance.

Definitely, but don't have him standing central, tell him to take up wider positions so he can get down the space left by full backs. 

I really hope we play a bit smarter than trying to just roll up and match them man for man. I know Robbie likes to think he is giving the fans what they want by having a go but what fans really want is an actual chance of winning and that requires a proper game plan.

We'll get humped. Absolutely humped. If we do.

Don't just chase after them like headless chickens all over the place. Press in the right areas at the right times.

Keep our shape. Pack the middle(WITH ACTUAL MIDFIELDERS)

Heartsofgold

I will NEVER be back to either weegie cesspool.  Hate going there and the treatment I received from the local coppers made my mind up.

Hate travelling to Hampden with Hearts for that reason as well.  Utter scum, the lot of them (Police and both sets of their 'fans').

I can honestly say I despise Rangers and Celtic far more than Hibs, who I pity really. 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

I will NEVER be back to either weegie cesspool.  Hate going there and the treatment I received from the local coppers made my mind up.

Hate travelling to Hampden with Hearts for that reason as well.  Utter scum, the lot of them (Police and both sets of their 'fans').

I can honestly say I despise Rangers and Celtic far more than Hibs, who I pity really. 

There's a whole crowd on here that lose their shit when you say that, but 100% the correct opinion IMO. 

Playing Hibs is good fun and good banter. Having to deal with the OF is brutal.

Anyone know how many tickets we have shifted. I'm going through but understand the reasons why anyone else doesn't go there anymore. Chances of a result are slim to non existent but I always go in the hope that I'm there when we eventually get a bit of luck and take something! £35 for a ticket though is shocking and needs looked at right across the league. 

Back 4 for this 

I think actually 4231 may be the best formation for this or 442

Would prefer 4231 with 3 in the middle for this got to have a stronger midfield than usual. 
Will be tough plus the real game is at the weekend no expectations for this. 

4 hours ago, Bauld said:

I really hope we play a bit smarter than trying to just roll up and match them man for man. I know Robbie likes to think he is giving the fans what they want by having a go but what fans really want is an actual chance of winning and that requires a proper game plan.

We'll get humped. Absolutely humped. If we do.

Don't just chase after them like headless chickens all over the place. Press in the right areas at the right times.

Keep our shape. Pack the middle(WITH ACTUAL MIDFIELDERS)

343 we will get 5 taken off us guarantee 

Luckies1874

Think Celtic might make changes for this too though of course they have the quality to do that. They will want the treble and know Saturday might be their biggest hurdle given they’ll be big favs to take care of Rangers at Hampden again. 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Anyone know how many tickets we have shifted. I'm going through but understand the reasons why anyone else doesn't go there anymore. Chances of a result are slim to non existent but I always go in the hope that I'm there when we eventually get a bit of luck and take something! £35 for a ticket though is shocking and needs looked at right across the league. 

400 odd, according to our TO this afternoon, so certainly less than 500.

19 hours ago, McCrae said:

I think we need to play Sibbick. He brings speed to our defence. As we saw on Saturday Rowles is the fastest player and he will get caught out if we don’t have cover. 

Also on view on Saturday, Rowles getting in the way of most things coming through the middle. He does it all the time. 

Hearts in Glasgow, pants pulled down. Be 3 conceded minimum. More likely 5 or 6… and the best part is we get to do it all again on Saturday.

Could well be double figures conceded over the two games. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Hearts in Glasgow, pants pulled down. Be 3 conceded minimum. More likely 5 or 6… and the best part is we get to do it all again on Saturday.

Could well be double figures conceded over the two games. 

You didn't read the post above did you?

SwindonJambo
4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

There's a whole crowd on here that lose their shit when you say that, but 100% the correct opinion IMO. 

Playing Hibs is good fun and good banter. Having to deal with the OF is brutal.

As a native of  the West who began following Hearts at 18, I agree. I would bury both in a very deep cesspit if I could. They bring nothing good to the World at all and are a skidmark on the underpants of Scottish society.

I still have few kind wishes for Hibs though 👍

To keep it under 3 goals is an achievement ! Neilson can’t lay a glove on them he does not know how to , over 2 Games  I can’t see any less than a 6 Goal aggregate and that’s the truth  but hope I’m Wrong 

On 04/03/2023 at 21:49, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

4-0 defeat with Neilson playing 3-4-3.

Hopefully rope a dope.

On 04/03/2023 at 22:58, Cade said:

4-0 them.

As per usual.

Not the usual actually