• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Hearts007

• Riccarton3

• neilnunb

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We're due a result there, right? Hope springs eternal.

I’d prefer we get a result next Saturday 

although I’d take winning home and away 🤣

Two banks of 5 and make this an absolutely horrible game please. Lets aim to keep things as tight as possible and protect our goal difference and the teams confidence. 

Gordon_1874

3 man midfield hopefully of Kio Grant and Devlin but we'll probably start with Snodgrass and someone else in midfield and get overrun.

All depends on Robbie's approach to the game. Hope he doesn't over think this one. 0-0 would be a valuable point.

Luckies1874
2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

We're due a result there, right? Hope springs eternal.

Jesus, just looked, last time we won a league match there was in 2007!!!!! :vrface:

Last win of any sort was by a Mikey Stewart penalty in the League Cup in 2009.

As you say, definitely due.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, His name is said:

No injuries and 3 and less goals conceded please 

This.  Play like we did today and we’ll be taking it dry.  A 2 goal defeat and move on to the cup game without confidence dented won’t be too bad.  Get pumped 5-0 and we might as well forget the cup game too.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Gordon_1874 said:

3 man midfield hopefully of Kio Grant and Devlin but we'll probably start with Snodgrass and someone else in midfield and get overrun.

Yes and yes, sadly.  

Wednesday will be our fringe team so I’m not expecting miracles. I can see Kio, Natty, Hunps, Toby and possibly Oda starting. The big gamble is the cup game and Wednesday will be nothing game except try and protect our goal average. Picked up my ticket for Wednesday and I’ll travel in the knowledge that this will be another defeat but not in the manner we’re used to. Will gladly forgo this game for a win next Saturday 🤞

Pasquale for King

Maybe better to start with Kio and bring Snodgrass on, or start with a speedster up top and get him to put the ball into the space for him to chase whenever he gets the ball? 
Just not sure he's up to stopping them passing or running to the places they hurt teams from. 

tartofmidlothian
14 hours ago, His name is said:

No injuries and 3 and less goals conceded please 

Would do me.

tartofmidlothian
14 hours ago, OTT said:

Two banks of 5 and make this an absolutely horrible game please. Lets aim to keep things as tight as possible and protect our goal difference and the teams confidence. 

Good plan.

tartofmidlothian

Clark

Hill - Rowles - Sibbick - Kingsley 

Atkinson - Devlin/Grant - Snodgrass - Kio - Halliday

Kuol (but it'll be Shankland)

12 hours ago, ramrod said:

A 3 man mid is absolutely essential,  Devlin, Grant,  Kio would be my preferred 3.

I agree. I would be tempted to play Grant, Kio & Snodgrass in the middle with Smith and Cochrane as the wide players.

Shankland and Gino up front and rest McKay for the home cup game.

I think and hope Robbie is focusing more towards Saturdays match. But at the same time I don't want a result that will drain the teams confidence and morale. Do it's a bit of a tough decision. I'd like to see us go there and just try to frustrate them and nake it as eye bleeding as possible to watch. As someone posted earlier a 5 - 4 - 1 or a 4 - 5 - 1 would be my preferred formation. 

Clark

Atkinson  Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Kio

Gino           Grant          McKay 

Humphries 

The Treasurer

The team and tactics on Wednesday will be totally different from Saturday. 

Robbie will say all the right things leading up to the league game but he will be completely focused on the cup tie 

4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Hopefully can keep score under 5

Great post!

I would definitely read it again.

You Jambos are just soooo optimistic.

Bazzas right boot

If we believe really hard we can score as many as we like.

451 please.

No experiments. 

6-3.

mickycameron98

Used to pick up the odd draw in Glasgow here and there and even a wee win every few years. ATM it just feels very unlikely. 

Realistically we need everything to go in our favour, them to be sloppy and VAR to be on our side. Not asking for alot 😀

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hearts the only Scottish team to score 3 against these tramps this season. With a stronger defence than early in the season, why not?

Likely not, but why not 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I would actually pick the cup team first and then rotate the team for Wednesday after that.

Cup game (4-5-1): Clark - Smith, Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley - Ginnelly, Devlin, Snodgrass, Grant, Cochrane - Shankland

League game (3-4-3 aka rope-a-dope as this formation will get smashed at Parkhead):

Clark - Hill, Rowles, Kingsley - Atkinson, Devlin, Kio, Halliday - Kuol, Shankland, Oda

I really don’t believe in the resting players thing, I really don’t.  We could take a pumping with our best team in the cup game but I’d rather they went into it with momentum and that means playing games and finding form.  

I hope it’s our strongest team on Wednesday.  The more we seem to concede before a ball is kicked the more and more fans just accept it. It’s not healthy. 

Edited by Debut 4

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I really don’t believe in the resting players thing, I really don’t.  We could take a pumping with our best team in the cup game but I’d rather they went into it with momentum and that means playing games and finding form.  

I hope it’s our strongest team on Wednesday.  The more we seem to concede before a ball is kicked the more and more fans just accept it. It’s not healthy. 

I'm more for letting Ange think we are just playing our normal formation in the cup game before we actually play something different.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm more for letting Ange think we are just playing our normal formation in the cup game before we actually play something different.

Not against that, bud, but in terms of personnel I’d like to see our strongest.  👍🏻

Clark

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Smith  Kio  Devlin  Cochrane

Snodgrass Shankland

Gino

Snodgrass in a more advanced position leading the press was really effective in the 4-3 game. Would love to see that again, although easier on a smaller pitch at home.

When they have the ball this is basically a 541 with Gino looking to break on the counter.

Really hate when the team go there .it's the only place I wouldn't go to too.see the hearts but wild horses wouldn't.drag me there . absolutely hell hole

An absolute dooing, both Wednesday and Saturday.

Negative prediction but I see no other outcome.

3 or 4 nil on Wednesday.

On 04/03/2023 at 19:22, OTT said:

agree with this 👍👍

11 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Clark

Hill - Rowles - Sibbick - Kingsley 

Atkinson - Devlin/Grant - Snodgrass - Kio - Halliday

Kuol (but it'll be Shankland)

There will be no McKay, Snodgrass or Shankland playing on Wednesday. 

Seaside Dave

Send the reserves. Kick all round us. Beat that lot on Saturday at a bouncing tynecastle 

On 04/03/2023 at 19:30, Gordon_1874 said:

Guaranteed 

dontkillbill

Tempted to buy a ticket but live through West - will struggle to get to tynecastle to pick up a ticket from the ticket office. Does anybody know if the club can arrange collection outside the turnstiles at Parkhead?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Both weaker sides than we would have liked against them previously, hard to know what to do for the best. Could easily use 5 of Saturdays bench and put out a decent side, unlike Rangers where we have been soft, stood up to them well both games, only 1-0 until Clancy flashed his cards, 92 mins or something similar they got their 2nd, Tynecastle could have went either way.

However, Celtic domestically have now won something like 32 games, drawn 1 and lost 1. Not great odds for any team meeting them

I'll be at both Celtic games, and as I say, Pope Springs Eternal. In reality I believe we'll ge nothing.

The Old Tolbooth
25 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Both weaker sides than we would have liked against them previously, hard to know what to do for the best. Could easily use 5 of Saturdays bench and put out a decent side, unlike Rangers where we have been soft, stood up to them well both games, only 1-0 until Clancy flashed his cards, 92 mins or something similar they got their 2nd, Tynecastle could have went either way.

However, Celtic domestically have now won something like 32 games, drawn 1 and lost 1. Not great odds for any team meeting them

And they're claiming it's some sort of major achievement.