Rowles......

Exile fae Main Street

5 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

He is a good defender but is physically weak and not good enough in the air for the SPL.

He's bang average

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• jambopilms

• wavydavy

• ramrod

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

He suffering from lack of positive direction. Decent talent. Zero motivation. 

Or direction. 

indianajones
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

He suffering from lack of positive direction. Decent talent. Zero motivation. 

Rowles is decent just needs to play in a formation that suits him and paired with the right person. Halkett is that person but is done for a while. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Playing next to a 15m defender on one of the biggest stages has made us feel like we have a lot more than we actually do. 5 years. Christ.

Main just knowked him off the ball for their first goal 

Powder puff stuff 

I like Rowles and Im putting his recent poor performances down to the fact he needs managed by a good manager 

Barney bulge

Been disgusting since the World Cup 

he’s so feeble an oap in his 90s could outmuscle him to the ball. 
been at fault for quite a few goals as well 

between him and hill you could maybe get the attributes to make it in the lowland league 

best in the land

Hugely overrated don't see anything in him.

But then recently there's barely a player with pass marks.

Bungalow Bill

Never been convinced with Rowles, he’s a steady eddy, nothing more. Folk on here saying he was an upgrade on Soutter, mentalists. 

I like him but he needs someone experienced beside him to teach him the ropes….same with Sibbick. Hope to god Halkett comes back and stays fit - what a miss!

He's been rubbish since day one. Strolls about like a Rolls Royce player but is a big p***y. I want a completely new defence next season. In all honesty, we have been feeble defensively since Berra got that bad injury.

An absolute myth 

Bullied yet again by a journeyman. 

For some reason he gets an easy time with Hearts fans but he is a shite bag who gets bullied evey single weak , punt asap.

Bullied by everyone in the league. It was pointed out that his heading stats were poor before he joined. Part of the reason our defence is a shambles.

He’s like every other defender we have bar halkett, totally powderpuff. Week in week out or cb’s get bullied as they aren’t aggressive enough. 

5yrs of Rowles…. 5 yrs….can’t win a header, can’t pass forward to another Hearts player. Easily pushed off the ball, 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Holtie said:

I like him but he needs someone experienced beside him to teach him the ropes….same with Sibbick. Hope to god Halkett comes back and stays fit - what a miss!

Or someone to coach him, an ex defender perhaps?

Diadora Van Basten

I thought it was a clear push by Main for the first goal and was surprised the ref didn’t give it.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Hill got plenty of abuse today but at least  he won a few headers. Rowles going backwards and shipped way too many goals now

Rowles is decent, but unnecessarily chopping & changing players, positions & formations have affected him. Same goes for Sibbick & Cochrane. 

Yes Halkett will make a difference, but the present managerial set up have somehow managed to make decent enough players look like clueless duds. 

We brought Snodgrass in, then overly relied on him, to the detriment of other players & formations. It would appear that he has also unsettled the team, his body language on the pitch reeks of "these guys are not good enough to be playing beside me" and I think it has drained the whole team of its confidence, it's desire and it's motivation. 

Neilson needs to accept the blame, him & Snodgrass need binned immediately. Naismith interim, see who applies. If the team get out of this mess & secure 3rd, playing with a bit of belief, then Naismith has a shout at getting the gig long term. 

Jambo 4 Ever
7 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He is shite,the end

This

hyped up after World Cup 

but remember this is as Aussie team that cumming plays for - says it all 

8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Main just knowked him off the ball for their first goal 

Powder puff stuff 

I like Rowles and Im putting his recent poor performances down to the fact he needs managed by a good manager 

Main done to him what he was always going to do to him. If that shocked our management then it's ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Main done to him what he was always going to do to him. If that shocked our management then it's ridiculous. 

Again, he is a player that started really well for us and then it starts to go on a downhill type trajectory 

Good coaches and good managers get the best out of players, they don't ruin them 

He looks like he is shite scared to even contact a ball at the moment far less tackle or out muscle anyone

The stuff he isn't doing is the same stuff he was commended on and good at soon after he arrived at the club 

There is a pattern here, just need to put the dots together 

Another issue is that Rowles will this season have played left in a back 2, left in a back 3 and centre in a back 3 with Halkett, Cochrane, Kingsley, Neilson, Sibbick and Hill (maybe even Smith as well) as defensive partners in the centre half position.

There is hardly any consistency and injuries have played a part but we just haven't been settled at the back all season.

He got a five year deal due to playing ok beside Harry Souttar in the WC. Hearts hoping to cash in on him in the close future in the hope he becomes a "star"  (fantasy land). The man's a total blouse, can't pass or break forward. Thief of a wage. Gutted coz I actually thought 

he would be a good player. Today showed me he isn't what we want at Hearts. Add Hill and Snodgrass to that list too.

Edited by Negan

We should maybe lay off players until we see what whoever replaces Neilson gets out of them. Must be a horrible side to play in for younger inexperienced guys with morale being so low. All the wrong kind of pressure heaped on them. 

Isn't hindsight great but I'm sure some on here called him the Ginger Baresi (or similar) a few months ago 🤷‍♂️

37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We should maybe lay off players until we see what whoever replaces Neilson gets out of them. Must be a horrible side to play in for younger inexperienced guys with morale being so low. All the wrong kind of pressure heaped on them. 

Or maybe we should lay off Neilson until the players man up and at least one of them puts  in a performance.  They have been hiding for weeks now. 😂😂

Edited by soonbe110

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Or maybe we should lay off Neilson until the players man up and at least one of them puts  in a performance.  They have been hiding for weeks now. 😂😂

Not for me. It’s up to him to get the best out of the squad he has. He’s not doing that and we are at the point where we have nothing to lose by getting rid of him. I’m not excusing the players but singling out a young guy like Rowles just isn’t for me. Let the next manager decide who is worth keeping because it’s only a matter of time for Robbie now. 

55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

5 ****ing years.

A car boot sale is required. Proceeds to Rwanda.

Mate, I used to have a chuckle at some of your posts Re us being a powder puff club regarding players. Now, I think you have something.

We attract wage thieves, over the hill players that come in and cause unrest as they are 1st on the team sheet, over rated players, Players that are made of marshmallow and have the longest recuperation periods known to the footballing world . I could go on and on about how soft we are as a club.

King of the North

Rowles is just one of several good players we have who started brilliantly then became slow and shite. 

Several. 

That's down to the coaching team and the manager. 

On paper and on form we have a very good side. 

This is depressing, as Robbie shows no desire to change and the board ain't sacking him, at least til the season's end. 

This mentality started early in the season (mental fatigue in September, remember).

We need someone who can light a fire in players.

Poor in the air and to easily bullied but has great positional sense so needs to work on the first two. 

Cochrane must start ahead of him at ER

Shooter McGavin

Everybody was creaming themselves when he got the 5 year contract, and now when the teams confidence is at an all-time low and he’s had a few poor performances, folk are writing him off…

This place man. If you’re not absolutely flawless, you’re utter s**** and need punted apparently.

:facepalm:

Ronald Villiers

He's getting worse by the week.  Like the rest of our team he loves a back pass.

15 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Everybody was creaming themselves when he got the 5 year contract, and now when the teams confidence is at an all-time low and he’s had a few poor performances, folk are writing him off…

This place man. If you’re not absolutely flawless, you’re utter s**** and need punted apparently.

:facepalm:

Spot on. Rowles is not the problem here. 

15 hours ago, neilnunb said:

****ing garbage.

Should have been dropped after his amateur shite for the 1st Celtic goal in the cup...and that defending today. Jesus. 🤦‍♂️

He’s been murder since the World Cup, expensive looking 5 yr deal now🤷‍♂️

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

5 ****ing years.

A car boot sale is required. Proceeds to Rwanda.

Not a fan bud,🤥.

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Spot on. Rowles is not the problem here. 

He is tho. All the defenders and midfielders are. We are far too easy to play against - our defence is shocking. We must average conceding 2 goals a game this season. The new manager is going to inherit the same problems. 

Folk are delusional if they think a new manager will come in and we’ll start keeping a load of clean sheets with these soft as shite defenders and a traffic cone in goals. 

I am in favour of rolling the dice and gambling on Naismith.

But I have zero expectation that he will be the answer.

Folk should not be deluding themselves that a caretaker will just immediately solve everything, seeing Robbie as the only problem. That’s not the case.