• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• jambopilms

• wavydavy

• ramrod

Had minor injury that prevented him playing v Hamilton. I assume today was the same or Neilson opted for same defence as last week.

2 hours ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Broken toe. Neilson explained it pre-match. 

If true why put him on Bench?

where’s the quote about it?

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Maybe because both Rowles and Cochrane are carrying knocks? 

Doctor FinnBarr
44 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Seen it on the "where to get a bite to eat in Motherwell" thread

• 1 month later...

Dunno what's happen with him but he has been utterly dreadful In the last dozen games or so.

Seems to fly under the radar for criticism but he's been one of the major disappointments of the season after a bright start.

Constantly bullied by big  lumps of  wood like Vassels, Fletcher  and Van Veen  etc and ripped apart on the ground by any player of quality  

It really looks like the Australian market isn't uo to supplying the quality of player we require, or are we just signing the garbage? 

Pasquale for King
Just now, ramrod said:

Dunno what's happen with him but he has been utterly dreadful In the last dozen games or so.

Seems to fly under the radar for criticism but he's been one of the major disappointments of the season after a bright start.

Constantly bullied by big  lumps of  wood like Vassels, Fletcher  and Van Veen  etc and ripped apart on the ground by any player of quality  

It really looks like the Australian market isn't uo to supplying the quality of player we require, or are we just signing the garbage? 

A bit harsh but like a few others he has fell right away, another player regressing after playing under RN. 

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

100% agree.  None of them look good enough.  Our sporting director seems to think differently.  Hopefully no more coming from Oz and 2,3 maybe 4 of them going this summer. 

13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He plays as a sweeper with Australia. Set up doesn't play to his strengths. 

44 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Every single one of our Australian players are in their national team (including on loan Kuol).  We're hardly signing garbage if we're signing players who have been judged to be better than all the alternative options in that position. 

Coaching surely has a lot to do with it, because Australia aren't exactly a total diddy team. 

Just now, jonesy said:

Was thinking that yesterday. Seems more of a sweeper than a central defender. Can’t defend against huddies which, given the majority of teams in the SPL have a big huddy CF, makes him a bit chocolate teapot. 

Reads the game but not a centre half,  but Robbie persists. 

Awful decision to sign a CB who cant win headers in our league, Sibbick is the same.

Two dominant defenders needed. It's all very well having ball playing defenders if they can still do the basics of defending, ours can't.

Famous 1874

The stats speak for themselves when he plays alongside a Halkett / Souttar vs when he plays alongside a Sibbick / Hill. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

He plays as a sweeper with Australia. Set up doesn't play to his strengths. 

Pretty sure they played a back 4 at WC although maybe they’ve changed now?  

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pretty sure they played a back 4 at WC although maybe they’ve changed now?  

Dropped behind a ball winning centre. 

10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The stats speak for themselves when he plays alongside a Halkett / Souttar vs when he plays alongside a Sibbick / Hill. 

All that proves is Halkett is a good defender.

Said it yesterday Joe Wright would have solved a number of our defensive problems. Completely average defender but exactly what we are missing. Huge mistake.

18Jambo_dave74

Don’t get the hype with this guy at all, been pretty poor all season. 

Part of a defence that, without Halkett, are easily bullied and barely win a header or duel. Watch him when he’s challenging for a high ball - hardly makes it off the ground or makes physical contact with the opponent. Same with the other defenders.

Why we even bother putting free kicks or corners in to the box I’ve no idea - we hardly even compete for headers never mind actually win one. 

Our whole team seem.unable to head the ball forward,every time it's a header it goes up in the air like a balloon then the opponents win the second ball.

A brilliant player when partnered with a no nonsense centre half. He’s a brilliant ball playing CB, and reads the game well.

Unfortunately he’s very slight and not the tallest, it’s clear the oppositions big strikers target him.

AC Mallin_51

Personally think there’s much worse than Kye Rowles at the moment. As many have said with Halkett next to him we’ll see a massive improvement. I like him and for me he should be a regular starter. Just my opinion 

Scott Leitch
Just now, AC Mallin_51 said:

Personally think there’s much worse than Kye Rowles at the moment. As many have said with Halkett next to him we’ll see a massive improvement. I like him and for me he should be a regular starter. Just my opinion 

Question is will Halkett ever manage to stay fit?

25 minutes ago, chazza74 said:

No presence whatsoever, Curtis main will bully him on Saturday 

It could be a very tough afternoon for Rowles! 😳

AC Mallin_51
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

Question is will Halkett ever manage to stay fit?

That is a very good point. Judging how this season has went if we can get him for half a dozen games on the trot that’ll be a resounding improvement 

18Jambo_dave74

First game of the season - done over the top for Ross County goal.

Following week - should bring Boyle down in midfield, Hibs go on an equalise.

Dundee United away - ball over his head for  Fletcher’s goal. Same thing happens (from GK‘s kick) that leads to Gordon’s injury in the same game. 

Livi game - sent off for bringing down Nouble. Saved by Gordon and Gino. 

St J away - unnecessary hospital pass to Shankland for the second goal when we were cruising in the game.

Dundee Utd at home - ball over his head (again from a GK kick), loses his man, Fletcher misses a sitter to make it 2-0 to Utd. 

Celtic at home - misses the ball after 3 mins, we’re 1-0 down. 

Aberdeen game - Duk free header in the penalty box, 2-0 down. 

St Mirren game - should have given away a last minute penalty for handball. 

St J at home - once again done over the top losing his man and would have been sent off but fortunately their player was marginally offside.

After yesterday I can add Doidge and Vassell to the list of players that have bullied him (Obika, Van Veen , Fletcher, Main, White etc) Don’t remember him winning a single header when up against Killie’s strike force. Must’ve passed it straight out the park at least 3 times in the first half yesterday too.

I really hope he improves physically over the summer but as it is I’ve no idea how he gets such an easy time. Particularly compared to the treatment that the likes of Hill, Sibbick and Neilson have all had at varying points. 

5 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Dundee United away - ball over his head for  Fletcher’s goal. Same thing happens (from GK‘s kick) that leads to Gordon’s injury in the same game. 

St J away - unnecessary hospital pass to Shankland for the second goal when we were cruising in the game.

Dundee Utd at home - ball over his head (again from a GK kick), loses his man, Fletcher misses a sitter to make it 2-0 to Utd. 

St J at home - once again done over the top losing his man and would have been sent off but fortunately their player was marginally offside.

After yesterday I can add Doidge and Vassell to the list of players that have bullied him (Obika, Van Veen , Fletcher, Main, White etc) Don’t remember him winning a single header when up against Killie’s strike force. Must’ve passed it straight out the park at least 3 times in the first half yesterday too.

I really hope he improves physically over the summer but as it is I’ve no idea how he gets such an easy time. Particularly compared to the treatment that the likes of Hill, Sibbick and Neilson have all had at varying points. 

👍

9 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Succinctly put, he's a myth atm

Watt-Zeefuik

His best position is as the left side of a back 3 or as a fullback. I think he's limited as a CH in a back 2, his WC performance notwithstanding.

He's been forced into playing centrally because of the loss of Halkett and our inability to find someone who can replace his presence. He's been better in the middle than anyone else but he's not the big enforcer type and it's been showing recently.

So basically we are saying we should be looking to sell him now while he is still living off his World Cup experience  And before everyone else realises we have been sold a pup.

Hes Perry Kitchen for 2023

Edited by jbee647

6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

His best position is as the left side of a back 3 or as a fullback. I think he's limited as a CH in a back 2, his WC performance notwithstanding.

He's been forced into playing centrally because of the loss of Halkett and our inability to find someone who can replace his presence. He's been better in the middle than anyone else but he's not the big enforcer type and it's been showing recently.

Sorry but got to disagree 100%. There’s no way his best position in left of a 3 and he’s never a full back in a million years. He’s not good on the ball, so much so that teams leave him on it.

He is a very good defender. He can read the game very well and is positionally excellent. Some games near the start of the season he was like a magnet in the box. 

Basically he’s not good enough in the ball to play left of a 3 and not physical enough to play centrally in a 3. He needs an aggressive ******* (Halkett) next to him in a 2. Like he does with Oz.

Rick Sanchez

Our entire defence is soft as shit. I'd wait and see him with capable defenders beside him.

He's shown it on the biggest stage with very good mentions from pundits. Bigger level than any of the shite he plays with.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Our entire defence is soft as shit. I'd wait and see him with capable defenders beside him.

He's shown it on the biggest stage with very good mentions from pundits. Bigger level than any of the shite he plays with.

We shouldn't have players who need support from others to make them look good.

Rowles or Sibbick are only good when Halkett is next to them winning headers.

Snodgrass is only good if Devlin will do his running for him.

Basically means we are two men down because they can't do the jobs they are employed to do.

ViewfromtheEast
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

Every single one of our Australian players are in their national team (including on loan Kuol).  We're hardly signing garbage if we're signing players who have been judged to be better than all the alternative options in that position. 

Coaching surely has a lot to do with it, because Australia aren't exactly a total diddy team. 

Our current Scotland team would take 3 or 4 off them, minimum, imo. I think they're hard working but really pretty basic. At the world cup no one stood out other than as a kind of nice wee cameo. 

Not sure it's a market that's too great for SPL clubs. Not a lot of successes. 

He’s certainly not a centre back. 

A few inches too small. 

This must be the smallest Hearts team in 40 years. 

David McCaig
9 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

He’s certainly not a centre back. 

A few inches too small. 

This must be the smallest Hearts team in 40 years. 

We have somehow managed to asemble a squad of footballers who whilst tidy enough as players are completely devoid of pace, size and strength.

****ing garbage.

Should have been dropped after his amateur shite for the 1st Celtic goal in the cup...and that defending today. Jesus. 🤦‍♂️