• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• Sooks

• Unknown user

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it though.  Friday night and we're through in the Cup.  Nowt to do for the rest of the weekend!

I searched up and down to see who the Hobos were playing so I could get the popcorn in

Oh, wait a minute.....😍

4 minutes ago, a11ank said:

That's it though.  Friday night and we're through in the Cup.  Nowt to do for the rest of the weekend!

I searched up and down to see who the Hobos were playing so I could get the popcorn in

Oh, wait a minute.....😍

:fth:

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Smoke bombs 😂

Never in my day!!!

(because we couldn't get a hold of them)

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Slow? What's your secret? 😟

:D Yup, let me know too. I feel like I'm on the downwards curve of a roller-coaster.

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

We were so comfortable last night. Difficult conditions. Clean sheet and through to the next round. 

Got to be happy with that.

First half was like a training session

Second they had to play better 

Never thought they would score though 

11 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

The slow but inevitable march towards old age. 

I've only just happened upon a Vlad era home top complete with my nick-name and age on the back.

Then? In my 40's

Now? In my 60's

And we all know the travails between then and now.

Tempus fugit.

Tick-Tock ... Tick-Tock ...

Ps ... for our younger posters ... you've never had it so good, but hopefully long may the upward trajectory continue.

I really ought not to be so dismissive of the pair wee souls who find fault with Robbie at every mis-placed pass or shanked shot In spite of passages of play worthy of inclusion in any reel of fantastic moments ... had they been carried out by Messi, the current Citeh team, or the tippi-tappi Spain at their zenith.

Why? Maybe they're just too young to remember times when we cheered winning a bleedin' throw-in, let alone smashing records right, left, and centre with swashbuckling individual & team goals to boot.

An (albeit unlikely) league win before I peg out please, oh footballing Gods.

Pps ... @scott herbertson:-

Stick in, mate ... it's coming ...

❤️❤️G❤️

36 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Oh, wait a minute.....😍

They are, needless to say, in their beds.

Is having that Gorgie Ultras Humphrys song stuck in my brain as an ear-worm count?

Only jesting. 😁

It has made doing my domestics much more fun ... even more fun than usual. 😆

14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I've only just happened upon a Vlad era home top complete with my nick-name and age on the back.

Then? In my 40's

Now? In my 60's

Tempus fugit.

Ps ... for our younger posters ... you've never had it so good, but hopefully long may the upward trajectory continue.

I really ought not to be so dismissive of the pair wee souls who find fault with Robbie at every mis-placed pass or shanked shot In spite of passages of play worthy of inclusion in any reel of fantastic moments ... had they been carried out by Messi, the current Citeh team, or the tippi-tappi Spain at their zenith.

Why? Maybe they're just too young to remember times when we cheered winning a bleedin' throw-in, let alone smashing records right, left, and centre with swashbuckling individual & team goals to boot.

❤️❤️G❤️

Good post

13 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Through to the next round. 

Loads of the boys got a run out. 

Clean sheet. 

Negotiated a nasty pitch. 

I've had loads of ale. 

My dog's sitting on my lap. 

There must be something that someone on JKB has got the arse about. 

Substitutions  

Substitutions

Substitutions 

Robbie Neilson 

Yeah substitutions can be questionable. We still won so the coaching team must know what they are doing. 

What's also bizarre is that after most games Robbie actually agrees with most of the criticism, including last night. Logically then if he agrees with the criticism , then he disagrees with those accepting that standard of play. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

What's also bizarre is that after most games Robbie actually agrees with most of the criticism, including last night. Logically then if he agrees with the criticism , then he disagrees with those accepting that standard of play. 

Yeah he said we were poor in the second half. 
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-feels-hearts-can-improve-despite-scottish-cup-progress-at-hamilton-4023421

Drylaw Hearts
11 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'm angry that your dog is sitting on your lap. Your trousers will be covered in dog hair. Disgrace.

He’s probably not wearing any clothing at all so it should be ok.

18 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

xxxx will be along to tell you soon I’d imagine. Something to do with Budge no doubt

I think he's really into Ann. He complains enough to the extent it consumes his life. There must be attraction there somewhere 🤣

I've just seen that the BBC match stats show us having conceded 2 (two) fouls.  While this is an exceptionally low number of fouls to concede,  I think we should be keeping a clean sheet of fouls vs all of our smaller and inferior opponents.  As well as the old firm anaw for that matter.  All the while it must never affect us getting stuck right in from the first minute.

Amirite?

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I've just seen that the BBC match stats show us having conceded 2 (two) fouls.  While this is an exceptionally low number of fouls to concede,  I think we should be keeping a clean sheet of fouls vs all of our smaller and inferior opponents.  As well as the old firm anaw for that matter.  All the while it must never affect us getting stuck right in from the first minute.

Amirite?

The knitting classes have made us soft as Shite.

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'm angry that your dog is sitting on your lap. Your trousers will be covered in dog hair. Disgrace.

Non-shedding breed, my friend.

Everything's for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

I P Knightley
38 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

He’s probably not wearing any clothing at all so it should be ok.

You seem to know me well but I can assure you that the bar staff where I watched the game were keeping a beady eye on me to ensure I didn't slip into something a little more comfortable.

I’m angry about old firm fans being angry that we have the highest ever away attendance at Hamilton 😂

Predictable bellendery from them as usual! They hate we’re on the up 

Drylaw Hearts
16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

You seem to know me well but I can assure you that the bar staff where I watched the game were keeping a beady eye on me to ensure I didn't slip into something a little more comfortable.

Weird name for a dog.

Every club has raspers that think their team should be scoring goals every two minutes and start getting all Mr/Mrs angry if it doesn’t happen, we just happen to have the most.

Fozzyonthefence

I’m raging that there hasn’t been a pointless thread guessing that some posters might be angry since last week and that I might have to wait until Sunday for the next one.  

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Then? In my 40's

Now? In my 60's

Tempus fugit.

❤️❤️G❤️

Top post. I am also in my 60’s , unfortunately, heading towards my 70’s and it is seriously , gut wrenching, reading/listening , to the nonsense expressed about Neilson by a vocal, minority, of Hearts fans. Times are good, enjoy and let’s hope we can win a trophy soon……..we deserve it! 

What about the feelings of Craig Gordon recuperating and having to watch his understudy playing better than him.

Why the **** does Zander Clarke keep getting clean sheets ????

Ragin !!!

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

We’ve only lost 1 game since Neilson shaved his heid. 

Why the **** didn’t he shave it sooner?

:seething:

Now that's one for the Kickback statisticians 🤣

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

surely then the picture should be of Bobby Seith ? 

Ginnelly never passing the ball to another Hearts player. He is an annoying arrogant wee s**t who must be so irritating to his team mates with his approach.  Secondly watching Barrie McKay putting in a tackle/challenge - absolutely pathetic sight!

4 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Ginnelly never passing the ball to another Hearts player. He is an annoying arrogant wee s**t who must be so irritating to his team mates with his approach.  Secondly watching Barrie McKay putting in a tackle/challenge - absolutely pathetic sight!

Apart from the pass to Humphrys for the first goal 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂😂

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
3 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I’m mentally combusting as it should have been obvious to baldy Boab if he’d just taken one look at Pep and Ten Haag.

Any London Hearts stats on baldy v flowing locks (Gary excluded) management records?

If Boab had gone for a number 1 before the Scottish Cup back in 2016, no moneyspinner and no David Gray winner.

Ragin.  

5 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Non-shedding breed, my friend.

Everything's for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

Haha 🙂

WheatfieldWarrior
17 hours ago, RobNox said:

Ref was brilliant, we committed 2 fouls in the game but he still didn't send anyone off.

Careful - We've still to hear from the compliance officer.

5 hours ago, Alan_R said:

How bad the pies at Hamilton were.

That ☝️ is surely the 1st line of a poem, methinks.

So, with a nod to William Topaz McGonagall, here goes:-

How bad the pies at Hamilton were,

I bought one for my wee sis-ter.

She got the boak,

It made her choke,

Bain's pies are best, they're de rigueur.

I thank you ... 🫡

21 hours ago, Victorian said:

Amirite?

We’d still gat a red card for sumthin🤣

One thing that I would like to see improved is our attacking play, we seem to play too flat. Like, our build up play seems to consist almost exclusively of sideways passes. Against teams like Livi, St Mirren and Hamilton, where they're going to sit in, I'm not sure this is very effective. More forward passing and better movement from our forward players would probably help. But its not until someone like McKay gets on the ball that we really seem to try anything. 

One thing I really liked about Souttar was his ability to take the ball forward from defence, Sibbick can do it really well, but rarely seems to be given licence to do it, and too much of our play ends up flowing through Snodgrass. When he's closed down like against St Mirren we really struggle to get going. Cochranes ability to play cross field balls too is a huge threat against teams which would be nice to see more of. 

Its not supposed to be a scathing criticism, we're 3rd after all, so we're getting it right more than not. But like the first half against Dundee Utd when we play relying so heavily on sideways passes, its frustrating to watch and IMO there is scope for improvement.