U.S. shoots down Chinese "spy balloon" over the Atlantic

Lone Striker

20 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I think it's a joke they even have to say this.

White House: 'No indication' unidentified aerial objects were aliens

I think it's a Joke that they come out with that while not being able to confirm what the last 3 objects are.

Why?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• ri Alban

• JFK-1

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WASHINGTON, Feb 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. military said on Monday it had recovered critical electronics from the suspected Chinese spy balloon downed by a U.S. fighter jet off South Carolina's coast on Feb. 4, including key sensors presumably used for intelligence gathering.

"Crews have been able to recover significant debris from the site, including all of the priority sensor and electronics pieces identified as well as large sections of the structure," the U.S. military's Northern Command said in a statement.

The Chinese balloon, which Beijing denies was a government spy vessel, spent a week flying over the United States and Canada before President Joe Biden ordered it shot down. The episode strained ties between Washington and Beijing, leading America's top diplomat to postpone a trip to China.

Full article https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-military-says-it-recovers-key-sensors-downed-chinese-spy-balloon-2023-02-14/

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I think it's a joke they even have to say this.

I blame Orson Welles for doing War of the Worlds on the radio.

25 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I blame Orson Welles for doing War of the Worlds on the radio.

Fair point, the irony being he wasn't even trying to fool anybody, merely delivering a  theatrical sci radio performance in an innovative manner. Bright side for him it made him famous and the incident itself entered the cultural zeitgeist for generations to follow.

Welles was brilliant, Citizen Kane is a masterpiece.

According to folk clued up on Chinese affairs, the rumour is that the Chinese Military is too powerful and the President doesn't have total authority. 

maroonlegions
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I know. But he's Alien mental. Just read the other threads. :D . Nothing wrong with dreaming, it's just amusing at times.

You forgot to mention that a lot of those times you have  been handed  your arse back on a plate on those threads. 

What is amusing is the amount of posts on those threads, that you  still remain silent on ,when presented with rebuttals from refutable sources you have no answer too.

Until the USA intelligences, provides evidence, blame, or come clean, on the source of the debris  from the other objects shot down they are still collecting and investigating, i am on the fence just now.

:greggy:  

Look up  USFA Project Blue Beam , and  aye its legit.  :welldone:

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

You forgot to mention that a lot of those times you have  been handed  your arse back on a plate on those threads. 

What is amusing is the amount of posts on those threads, that you  still remain silent on ,when presented with rebuttals from refutable sources you have no answer too.

Until the USA intelligences, provides evidence, blame, or come clean, on the source of the debris  from the other objects shot down they are still collecting and investigating, i am on the fence just now.

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

At least be honest mate. 👽

7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

:rofl: Proof :rofl: 

I wouldn't look up to the sky, if asked me to . 

Does anyone actually read your mentalness?

7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

He's never handed anyone anything on any thread. 

🤣 Have you seen the insanity he posts on the Alien thread. :rofl:Alien thread.

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's never handed anyone anything on any thread. 

🤣 Have you seen the insanity he posts on the Alien thread. :rofl:Alien thread.

Hes probably been waving a placard at the sky welcoming them to earth :conspiracy:

maroonlegions

Some pilots said the object "interfered with their sensors" on the planes...
Some pilots also claimed to have seen no identifiable propulsion on the object, and could not explain how it was staying in the air, despite the object cruising at an altitude of 40,000 feet.

So far we have heard... "a balloon the size of a school bus" and an object described as "not an aircraft per se" and now a smaller car-sized object...

At least they're not telling us it was an alien UFO. But still, is this a new "emergency" in the making?

vl63e8526b.jpg

vl63e8526b.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl:Him and Alex Jones.

You and wee cranky..:rofl:

Wrong again about sneaky Alex Jones.

Show me were i have ever supported his views.. 

Desperate ...:rofl:

Still no grown up adult  comments on those posts on other threads i challenged you on .

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Why?

I get that, it's just a bit odd that they can rule something out while still not knowing what the "objects" are. 

They must know what alien craft look like though, if they can rule that out. Ha ha. 

40 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

You and wee cranky..:rofl:

Wrong again about sneaky Alex Jones.

Show me were i have ever supported his views.. 

Desperate ...:rofl:

Still no grown up adult  comments on those posts on other threads i challenged you on .

You were all over pizzagate, the Podesta emails, the Hillary worshipping Satan stuff though, right? Same as him, right?

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I get that, it's just a bit odd that they can rule something out while still not knowing what the "objects" are. 

They must know what alien craft look like though, if they can rule that out. Ha ha. 

I'm assuming that these things weren't capable of passing through our atmosphere into, or out of, space. That would be a pretty easy call if there was no heat protection, for example.

52 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Some pilots also claimed to have seen no identifiable propulsion on the object, and could not explain how it was staying in the air, despite the object cruising at an altitude of 40,000 feet.

So far we have heard... "a balloon the size of a school bus" and an object described as "not an aircraft per se" and now a smaller car-sized object...

At least they're not telling us it was an alien UFO. But still, is this a new "emergency" in the making?

vl63e8526b.jpg

vl63e8526b.jpg

I've also heard audio from one of the pilots saying that the object dropped 20,000ft quicker than anything he's ever seen. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl: Proof :rofl: 

I wouldn't look up to the sky, if asked me to . 

Does anyone actually read your mentalness?

No.

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Hes probably been waving a placard at the sky welcoming them to earth :conspiracy:

Welcome back, Jeffros. Congratulations on your release.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm assuming that these things weren't capable of passing through our atmosphere into, or out of, space. That would be a pretty easy call if there was no heat protection, for example.

Look, i doubt it's alien craft, purely because 3 of them have been shot down fairly easily, but some of the arguments being put forward for them not being of human origin are verging on ridiculous. 

How would they know if they didn't have heat protection? how do you know they aren't smaller craft from a bigger ship? I could go on and on, but it's probably too much for people, so let's just call them "objects". 

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Forcefields and deflector shields, mate.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

vl63e8526b.jpg

vl63e8526b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like they've spotted another one, bud.

5 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like they've spotted another one, bud.

Screenshot_20230204-222150_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Dawnrazor

10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Look, i doubt it's alien craft, purely because 3 of them have been shot down fairly easily, but some of the arguments being put forward for them not being of human origin are verging on ridiculous. 

How would they know if they didn't have heat protection? how do you know they aren't smaller craft from a bigger ship? I could go on and on, but it's probably too much for people, so let's just call them "objects". 

How would they know they weren't subterranean crabpeople shock troop carriers??

They're "objects" that's why they're getting called "objects"

28 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Where did they rule aliens out??

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

At the start of the White House presser, yesterday. 

Just the bit you quoted said no indication which isn't ruling it out. For the avoidance of doubt though, it wasn't aliens

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Just the bit you quoted said no indication which isn't ruling it out. For the avoidance of doubt though, it wasn't aliens

Ah ok, cool, thanks for clearing that up. 

I’m no scientist but I reckon if you could build a craft capable of travelling vast distances across space to visit alien planets I could come up with a way of them not being shot down by inferior technology. 

maroonlegions
23 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m no scientist but I reckon if you could build a craft capable of travelling vast distances across space to visit alien planets I could come up with a way of them not being shot down by inferior technology. 

Lets say they were part of a reconnaissance mission. Well known and used in military operations.

Aim is it check out  the torrain, technological capabilities ect.

These would be carried out by unmanned probes..

Object  is to gather intel and information for either scientriffic or invasion purposes.

So those propes shot down were of a less technological advancement, data already collected and sent, so propes now have served their purpose and are expendable.

No doubt the USAF policy on UFOs that enter air spaces is still the same, take this part of a briefing doc below.

EXAMPLE OF AIR FORCE POLICY WHEN QUESTIONED BY CONGRESS REGARDING RESULTS OF ITS UFO INVESTIGATIONS

In a letter to Senator Patty Murray (D-Washington), August 25, 1993, the Air Force states:

"The Air force began investigating UFOs in 1948 under a program called Project Sign. Later, the program's name was changed to Project Grudge and, in 1953, it became known as Project Blue Book. On December 17, 1969, the Secretary of the Air Force announced the termination of Project Blue Book... As a result of these investigations, studies, and experience, the conclusions of Project Blue book were: 1) no UFO reported, investigated and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security..." (Emphasis added.)162

Compare this with the statement of General Carroll Bolender, USAF, in 1969 when recommending the closing of Project Blue Book (unclassified, but 16 attachments "could not be found"):

"Moreover, reports of unidentified flying objects which could affect national security are made in accordance with JANAP 146 or Air Force Manual 55-11, andare not part of the Blue Book system... However, as already stated, reports of UFOs which could affect national security would continue to be handled through the standard Air Force procedures designed for this purpose." (Emphasis added.)163

The Air Force statement to Senator Murray is the truth, but Not the whole truth. Project Blue Book did not handle the important material which would affect national security. But since the public and Congress do not know this, the impression is given that the Air Force never discovered anything of importance among its many thousands of UFO reports. The Air Force chose to keep some UFO investigations classified and not to inform Senator Murray or other legislators either of their existence or the results of their inquiries.

And these cases below.

1. 1986: Jet Chase Over Brazil

2. 1986: Japan Airlines 747 Case Over Alaska

3. 1989: Multiple Witness Case At Russian Missile Base

4. 1989-90: UFO Sighting Wave In Belgium

Edited by maroonlegions

Jeffros Furios
13 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Lets say they were part of a reconnaissance mission. Well known and used in military operations.

Aim is it check out  the torrain, technological capabilities ect.

These would be carried out by unmanned probes..

Object  is to gather intel and information for either scientriffic or invasion purposes.

So those propes shot down were of a less technological advancement, data already collected and sent, so propes now have served their purpose and are expendable.

No doubt the USAF policy on UFOs that enter air spaces is still the same, take this part of a briefing doc below.

EXAMPLE OF AIR FORCE POLICY WHEN QUESTIONED BY CONGRESS REGARDING RESULTS OF ITS UFO INVESTIGATIONS

In a letter to Senator Patty Murray (D-Washington), August 25, 1993, the Air Force states:

"The Air force began investigating UFOs in 1948 under a program called Project Sign. Later, the program's name was changed to Project Grudge and, in 1953, it became known as Project Blue Book. On December 17, 1969, the Secretary of the Air Force announced the termination of Project Blue Book... As a result of these investigations, studies, and experience, the conclusions of Project Blue book were: 1) no UFO reported, investigated and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security..." (Emphasis added.)162

Compare this with the statement of General Carroll Bolender, USAF, in 1969 when recommending the closing of Project Blue Book (unclassified, but 16 attachments "could not be found"):

"Moreover, reports of unidentified flying objects which could affect national security are made in accordance with JANAP 146 or Air Force Manual 55-11, andare not part of the Blue Book system... However, as already stated, reports of UFOs which could affect national security would continue to be handled through the standard Air Force procedures designed for this purpose." (Emphasis added.)163

The Air Force statement to Senator Murray is the truth, but Not the whole truth. Project Blue Book did not handle the important material which would affect national security. But since the public and Congress do not know this, the impression is given that the Air Force never discovered anything of importance among its many thousands of UFO reports. The Air Force chose to keep some UFO investigations classified and not to inform Senator Murray or other legislators either of their existence or the results of their inquiries.

And these cases below.

1. 1986: Jet Chase Over Brazil

2. 1986: Japan Airlines 747 Case Over Alaska

3. 1989: Multiple Witness Case At Russian Missile Base

4. 1989-90: UFO Sighting Wave In Belgium

With your extensive knowledge of the subject you better hope they dinnae

Laser beam you onto the O' Neill .. I've heard they ain't keen on posties .

If only the US Government would come out and tell us that the last 3 objects were balloons. 

Then we could go back to discussing if Shankland is good enough. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

It would be a lot faster than the missile to begin with.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Or crashing in Falkirk, all the time.

Cameronstheman

Britsh Baloon Spotted Over London AirspaceBritsh Baloon Spotted Over London AirspaceBritsh Baloon Spotted Over London Airspace330937311_1642526932875743_8226698004740

Edited by Cameronstheman
forgot

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Or crashing in Falkirk, all the time.

You don't have to try and make a joke about everything, we're not in school anymore. 

12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

According to folk clued up on Chinese affairs, the rumour is that the Chinese Military is too powerful and the President doesn't have total authority. 

Who's saying that? 

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, BlueRiver said:

Silly me it's right there in his post as well. 

Cheers Dirk.

No problem, BR, it was easy to miss. Hopefully there will be more to follow from these impeccable sources.

There have been a few quotes on this thread from "some pilots" which are very un-pilot like.

For example, "Some pilots also claimed to have seen no identifiable propulsion on the object, and could not explain how it was staying in the air, despite the object cruising at an altitude of 40,000 feet."   Balloons don't have a propulsion system, neither do gliders, and they both stay in the air very well, and altitude is irrelevant. No pilot would make such an vague comment.

"The object dropped 20,000 feet faster than anything I've ever seen."  Oh yeah?  How did he measure that, in either distance or time?  It's a made-up quote.

"The object interfered with my sensors."  Which sensors?  What was the interference?  How does he know it was the object that caused the interference?

This balloon thing is the fad of the month.  Almost certainly they're man-made benign objects.

The biggest balloon threat to the USA is the large orange one living in Mar-a-Lago.

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

There have been a few quotes on this thread from "some pilots" which are very un-pilot like.

For example, "Some pilots also claimed to have seen no identifiable propulsion on the object, and could not explain how it was staying in the air, despite the object cruising at an altitude of 40,000 feet."   Balloons don't have a propulsion system, neither do gliders, and they both stay in the air very well, and altitude is irrelevant. No pilot would make such an vague comment.

"The object dropped 20,000 feet faster than anything I've ever seen."  Oh yeah?  How did he measure that, in either distance or time?  It's a made-up quote.

"The object interfered with my sensors."  Which sensors?  What was the interference?  How does he know it was the object that caused the interference?

This balloon thing is the fad of the month.  Almost certainly they're man-made benign objects.

The biggest balloon threat to the USA is the large orange one living in Mar-a-Lago.

😂

The one who demanded to be shot down?

9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The only reason they're raising it at all is to get the conspiracy wackos to stop wetting their pants with that utter pish. It's a joke they have to do that.

It's irrelevant they're saying they don't know what it is, but in your view they shouldn't be saying well it isn't pixies, because what do they know about pixie aircraft?

They're not saying it's not secret Bigfoot technology, because they don't know what that looks ike either. Do they?

When anything at all is being investigated we start with what we know, we do not jump straight to pixies Bigfoot and aliens, because there is zero evidence for either.

I lost some keys last week, still no idea what happened to them. But then and right now I'm ruling out pixie burglars. Is that wrong of me? Because I have no idea what a pixie burglary would look like?