U.S. shoots down Chinese "spy balloon" over the Atlantic

Lone Striker

BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Romania briefly scrambled military jets and neighboring Moldova temporarily closed its air space Tuesday after authorities in both countries reported mysterious weather balloon-like objects traversing their skies.22 hours ago

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• ri Alban

• JFK-1

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maroonlegions
On 15/02/2023 at 04:05, JFK-1 said:

The only reason they're raising it at all is to get the conspiracy wackos to stop wetting their pants with that utter pish. It's a joke they have to do that.

It's irrelevant they're saying they don't know what it is, but in your view they shouldn't be saying well it isn't pixies, because what do they know about pixie aircraft?

They're not saying it's not secret Bigfoot technology, because they don't know what that looks ike either. Do they?

When anything at all is being investigated we start with what we know, we do not jump straight to pixies Bigfoot and aliens, because there is zero evidence for either.

I lost some keys last week, still no idea what happened to them. But then and right now I'm ruling out pixie burglars. Is that wrong of me? Because I have no idea what a pixie burglary would look like?

And you have looked at ALL available evidence to date that there is not ONE UAP case that merits a classification of possible off world technology..   :rofl:

UAPs have came a long way to be classified as wee green men technology with big foot in the mother ship.:rofl:

Must be a very black and white world you live in mate.

"People are not stupid. They believe things for reasons. The last way for skeptics to get the attention of bright, curious, intelligent people is to belittle or condescend or to show arrogance toward their beliefs." - Carl Sagan

Even in regard to UFO's, there is plenty of evidence for them of several types.  UFO photos and videos are controversial and vague of course, but many credible eyewitnesses, including Air Force Pilots and Astronauts, have seen them.  They've also been tracked on radar doing aerial maneuvers that man-made aircraft could not do.  (And as you know, hallucinations do not appear on radar.)  In one famous official incident known as the Washington Merry Go Round Incident of 1952, jet fighters were scrambled to intercept UFO's after they had been tracked on radar. 

Afterward, to quell public panic, the incident was quickly dismissed though never fully explained.  Nevertheless, something significant happened to trigger the alarm and scrambling of fighters, and it wasn't "zero evidence" for sure.   But if you think that UFO evidence is strictly confined to obscure sightings, think again.  The famous Bentwaters UFO Incident that occurred on an American military base in England in 1980 involving two dozen military witnesses, including Colonel Halt, of an up-close UFO sighting, remains an undebunked and compelling case. 

And after years of extensive investigations and interviews with Alien Abductees by Budd Hopkins and John Mack, who wrote books on the phenomenon, they concluded that there was more to the abduction experience than mere hallucination or sleep paralysis.  In addition, public coalitions such as The Disclosure Project have brought forth a large pool of high ranking government, military and intelligence officials and insiders, over 400 currently, who have confessed to personal knowledge of government involvement with UFO's and ET technology, and the cover ups and secrecy surrounding it. See videos of their testimonies at press conferences here:

Now, that's certainly NOT "zero evidence"! To watch some compelling films about UFO's, see James Fox's Out of the Blue and I Know What I Saw.

The problem for pseudoskeptics is that their denial and cognitive dissonance does NOT erase the evidence from reality.  It may erase it from their own minds, but it does not the erase the evidence itself.  Thus, it can be said that they are deluded and do not face up to reality.

Broken down your short , non evidence rant is "cognitive dissonance "

Lets look at the evidence for this. 

If people see UFO's, including trained Air Force Pilots and Astronauts, then they must have misidentified natural phenomenon, because alien ships don't exist, at least not near Earth.  And this is so even if radar picked up objects performing maneuvers impossible for man-made aircraft.

In your world, these very prominent, and credible individuals below, who gave on the record statements are conspiracy theorists and loonies who believe in bigfoot , pixxes and wee green men..   :rofl:

Most of your rebuttals rely on one thing , and that is ridicule, nothing more. Its like debating with a child who has thrown all their toys out their pram  and ranting back with  ridicule ..

Its one thing to go unconvinced, after looking at ALL available evidence, however small, but to go away unconvinced, by NOT looking at all available evidence is just not science ..  Do your homework and stop ranting..   :welldone:

General Nathan D. Twining, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1957-1960):

"The phenomena reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious... There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as a man-made aircraft... The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically, or remotely." (Letter to the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Air Forces, September 23, 1947.)

Brigadier General João Adil Oliveira, Chief of the Air Force General Staff Information Service, and Director of the first official military UFO inquiry in Brazil in the mid-50s:

"It is impossible to deny any more the existence of flying saucers at the present time... The flying saucer is not a ghost from another dimension or a mysterious dragon. It is a fact confirmed by material evidence. There are thousands of documents, photos, and sighting reports demonstrating its existence." ("How to doubt?," O Globo, Rio de Janeiro, February 28, 1958.)

General Lionel M. Chassin, Commanding General of the French Air Forces, and General Air Defense Coordinator, Allied Air Forces, Central Europe (NATO):

"The number of thoughtful, intelligent, educated people in full possession of their faculties who have 'seen something' and described it grows every day... We can... say categorically that mysterious objects have indeed appeared and continue to appear in the sky that surrounds us... [they] unmistakably suggest a systematic aerial exploration and cannot be the result of chance. It indicates purposive and intelligent action." (Chassin, L., Foreward to the book by Michel Aime, Flying Saucers and the Straight Line Mystery, New York: Criterion Books, 1958.)

The next time someone accuses you of making an irrational decision, just explain that you're obeying the laws of quantum physics.

"Whenever something comes up that isn't consistent with classical theories, we often label it as 'irrational.' But from the perspective of quantum cognition, some findings aren't irrational anymore. They're consistent with quantum theory—and with how people really behave."

In two new review papers in academic journals, Wang and her colleagues spell out their new theoretical approach to psychology. One paper appears in Current Directions in Psychological Science, and the other in Trends in Cognitive Sciences.

maroonlegions
On 14/02/2023 at 23:45, Maple Leaf said:

There have been a few quotes on this thread from "some pilots" which are very un-pilot like.

For example, "Some pilots also claimed to have seen no identifiable propulsion on the object, and could not explain how it was staying in the air, despite the object cruising at an altitude of 40,000 feet."   Balloons don't have a propulsion system, neither do gliders, and they both stay in the air very well, and altitude is irrelevant. No pilot would make such an vague comment.

"The object dropped 20,000 feet faster than anything I've ever seen."  Oh yeah?  How did he measure that, in either distance or time?  It's a made-up quote.

"The object interfered with my sensors."  Which sensors?  What was the interference?  How does he know it was the object that caused the interference?

This balloon thing is the fad of the month.  Almost certainly they're man-made benign objects.

The biggest balloon threat to the USA is the large orange one living in Mar-a-Lago.

Pilots in those jets had state of the art radar??  Also the radar bases on ground also recorded that object drop . If fighter pilots cannot read their radars  correctly and  also those on the ground , then its a case for concern is it not.  

Interference is a common occurrence with jets, there are 1000s of well documented cases, so this one is in no way isolated.  Is there any evidence to show just what caused the interference and if so do you think the USAF intelligences will make it public or do they already know??  

Man made or not something that was in the sky displayed highly advanced technology. 

Edited by maroonlegions

Jeffros Furios
38 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

And you have looked at ALL available evidence to date that there is not ONE UAP case that merits a classification of possible off world technology..   :rofl:

UAPs have came a long way to be classified as wee green men technology with big foot in the mother ship.:rofl:

"People are not stupid. They believe things for reasons. The last way for skeptics to get the attention of bright, curious, intelligent people is to belittle or condescend or to show arrogance toward their beliefs." - Carl Sagan

Even in regard to UFO's, there is plenty of evidence for them of several types.  UFO photos and videos are controversial and vague of course, but many credible eyewitnesses, including Air Force Pilots and Astronauts, have seen them.  They've also been tracked on radar doing aerial maneuvers that man-made aircraft could not do.  (And as you know, hallucinations do not appear on radar.)  In one famous official incident known as the Washington Merry Go Round Incident of 1952, jet fighters were scrambled to intercept UFO's after they had been tracked on radar. 

Afterward, to quell public panic, the incident was quickly dismissed though never fully explained.  Nevertheless, something significant happened to trigger the alarm and scrambling of fighters, and it wasn't "zero evidence" for sure.   But if you think that UFO evidence is strictly confined to obscure sightings, think again.  The famous Bentwaters UFO Incident that occurred on an American military base in England in 1980 involving two dozen military witnesses, including Colonel Halt, of an up-close UFO sighting, remains an undebunked and compelling case. 

And after years of extensive investigations and interviews with Alien Abductees by Budd Hopkins and John Mack, who wrote books on the phenomenon, they concluded that there was more to the abduction experience than mere hallucination or sleep paralysis.  In addition, public coalitions such as The Disclosure Project have brought forth a large pool of high ranking government, military and intelligence officials and insiders, over 400 currently, who have confessed to personal knowledge of government involvement with UFO's and ET technology, and the cover ups and secrecy surrounding it. See videos of their testimonies at press conferences here:

Now, that's certainly NOT "zero evidence"! To watch some compelling films about UFO's, see James Fox's Out of the Blue and I Know What I Saw.

The problem for pseudoskeptics is that their denial and cognitive dissonance does NOT erase the evidence from reality.  It may erase it from their own minds, but it does not the erase the evidence itself.  Thus, it can be said that they are deluded and do not face up to reality.

If people see UFO's, including trained Air Force Pilots and Astronauts, then they must have misidentified natural phenomenon, because alien ships don't exist, at least not near Earth.  And this is so even if radar picked up objects performing maneuvers impossible for man-made aircraft.

In your world, these very prominent, and credible individuals below, who gave on the record statements are conspiracy theorists and loonies who believe in bigfoot , pixxes and wee green men..   :rofl:

Most of your rebuttals rely on one thing , and that is ridicule, nothing more. Its like debating with a child who has thrown all their toys out their pram  and ranting back with  ridicule ..

Its one thing to go unconvinced, after looking at ALL available evidence, however small, but to go away unconvinced, by NOT looking at all available evidence is just not science ..  Do your homework and stop ranting..   :welldone:

"The phenomena reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious... There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as a man-made aircraft... The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically, or remotely." (Letter to the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Air Forces, September 23, 1947.)

Brigadier General João Adil Oliveira, Chief of the Air Force General Staff Information Service, and Director of the first official military UFO inquiry in Brazil in the mid-50s:

"It is impossible to deny any more the existence of flying saucers at the present time... The flying saucer is not a ghost from another dimension or a mysterious dragon. It is a fact confirmed by material evidence. There are thousands of documents, photos, and sighting reports demonstrating its existence." ("How to doubt?," O Globo, Rio de Janeiro, February 28, 1958.)

General Lionel M. Chassin, Commanding General of the French Air Forces, and General Air Defense Coordinator, Allied Air Forces, Central Europe (NATO):

"The number of thoughtful, intelligent, educated people in full possession of their faculties who have 'seen something' and described it grows every day... We can... say categorically that mysterious objects have indeed appeared and continue to appear in the sky that surrounds us... [they] unmistakably suggest a systematic aerial exploration and cannot be the result of chance. It indicates purposive and intelligent action." (Chassin, L., Foreward to the book by Michel Aime, Flying Saucers and the Straight Line Mystery, New York: Criterion Books, 1958.)

The next time someone accuses you of making an irrational decision, just explain that you're obeying the laws of quantum physics.

"Whenever something comes up that isn't consistent with classical theories, we often label it as 'irrational.' But from the perspective of quantum cognition, some findings aren't irrational anymore. They're consistent with quantum theory—and with how people really behave."

In two new review papers in academic journals, Wang and her colleagues spell out their new theoretical approach to psychology. One paper appears in Current Directions in Psychological Science, and the other in Trends in Cognitive Sciences.

:conspiracy:

il Duce McTarkin
46 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

And you have looked at ALL available evidence to date

I wouldn't bank on it, mate, he hasn't even seen Die Hard. :(

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

I wouldn't bank on it, mate, he hasn't even seen Die Hard. :(

Whatever crystal ball you are using, get me the lottery numbers .

How do you know what and if any evidence i have looked at..:rofl: 

Yes i have looked at a lot of the available evidence over the years, why cause its a subject i have followed for years.

Bet ya my last yankee dollar you have not looked and also  the poster you replied to.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel  in the piss take comments.

Desperate.

I will wait until the day comes that punters oan a fitbaw forum know more that experienced, first hand  military witnesses .

:rofl:

il Duce McTarkin
26 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Yes i have looked at a lot of the available evidence over the years, why cause its a subject i have followed for years.

Bet ya my last yankee dollar you have not looked and also  the poster you replied to.

Desperate.

I will wait until the day comes that punters oan a fitbaw forum know more that experienced, first hand  military witnesses .

:cornette:

:cornette_dog:

:wattie:

Jeffros Furios
36 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Desperate.

Great Post 

Slight change of subject @maroonlegions but do you believe Bob Lazar's story?

I would really like to see some evidence of the facility he calls S-4, that's where it get's fishy for me, since there has been high quality aerial footage of that area, and there's no roads or anything. 

9 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

I know as much about aliens as I do about werewolves, both effectively fictional. Till they're not, if ever. 

11 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Desperate.

If you think there is aliens visiting Earth. You'd better not say it out loud. As you should be thrown in a padded cell. 

Does Royal Mail know you're a bit Dolly.

Edited by ri Alban

Yeah, that looks like the actual balloon they took down on the first occasion, there's already plenty of videos of it getting shot down. 

The other 3 instances remain a mystery for some reason. 

maroonlegions

On the subject of the USAF jet experiencing on board systems interference and malfunctions , this is by no means an isolated case , or indeed uncommon in such UAP cases with USAF military jets.   

A look at the massive database on such cases from a modern and historical perspective , one would be hard to push that its nothing  more than just onboard technical interferences.

Take the outstand case that happened in Teheran , involving a USAF jet and a UAP that behaved with highly advanced technology.

On board missile launch malfunction when ordered to fire upon UAP.

THE TEHRAN 1976 CASE:

A declassified document related to the famous Teheran UFO and jet fighter encounter in 1976.

This is a capital case, acknowleged by a US intelligence agency, where a UFO encountered an aircraft, and reacted in a superior ant intelligent manner to the aircraft's interception attempt by shutting down temporarily the aircraft's weapons system.

The DIA evaluation termed this "An outstanding report. This case is a classic which meets all the criteria necessary for a valid study of the UFO phenomenon." The analysis called the UFO performance "awesome," noting that the objects displayed "an inordinate amount of maneuverability."

REFERENCES:

Title: DIA Defense Information Evaluation Report IR No. 6846013976
To: Censored
Author: Major Roland B. Evans, USAF, Military Capability Analyst.
Date: September 22, 1976
Length: 5 pages.
Classification: Top secret, Declassified
CC: None.

Document One

Document Two

Document Three

Document Four

PDF File - Tehran UFO Documents

Regarding the concept of USAF not investigating unidentified flying objects being highly unusual and irrational then I couldn't agree more but that is exactly what they expect you to believe (same goes for NORAD). 

Freedom of information request documents;

• Scrib doc - Secretary Of The Air Force, July, 1996

link;  https://www.scribd.com/document/202688831/The-Black-Vault-Government-Interest-in-UFOs-The-Proof

• USAF Fact Sheet (PDF)

link;    USAF Fact Sheet (PDF)

This case was the result of a request by the FOI act.  

Another great find within the NSA files, was the routing slip for the original intelligence document. On it, it outlines the extreme importance of the case as it “met the criteria for a valid UFO study.” The reasons outlined were the credibility of the witnesses, which included an Air Force General; radar confirmation; electromagnetic effects on THREE seperate aircraft; physiological effect on some crew members; and a UFO which displayed in “inordinate amount of maneuver-ability.”

Although difficult to read in its entirety, here is the relevant portion of the routing slip;

USAF Intelligence document regarding above UAP  and USAF  encounter.

THE TEHRAN 1976 CASE:

A declassified document related to the famous Teheran UFO and jet fighter encounter in 1976.

This is a capital case, acknowleged by a US intelligence agency, where a UFO encountered an aircraft, and reacted in a superior ant intelligent manner to the aircraft's interception attempt by shutting down temporarily the aircraft's weapons system.

The DIA evaluation termed this "An outstanding report. This case is a classic which meets all the criteria necessary for a valid study of the UFO phenomenon." The analysis called the UFO performance "awesome," noting that the objects displayed "an inordinate amount of maneuverability."

REFERENCES:

Document One

Document Two

Document Three

Document Four

rf6015564e.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

Jeffros Furios
34 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

On the subject of the USAF jet experiencing on board systems interference and malfunctions , this is by no means an isolated case , or indeed uncommon in such UAP cases with USAF military jets.   

A look at the massive database on such cases from a modern and historical perspective , one would be hard to push that its nothing  more than just onboard technical interferences.

Take the outstand case that happened in Teheran , involving a USAF jet and a UAP that behaved with highly advanced technology.

On board missile launch malfunction when ordered to fire upon UAP.

THE TEHRAN 1976 CASE:

REFERENCES:

Document One

Document Two

Document Three

Document Four

Regarding the concept of USAF not investigating unidentified flying objects being highly unusual and irrational then I couldn't agree more but that is exactly what they expect you to believe (same goes for NORAD). 

Freedom of information request documents;

• Scrib doc - Secretary Of The Air Force, July, 1996

link;  https://www.scribd.com/document/202688831/The-Black-Vault-Government-Interest-in-UFOs-The-Proof

• USAF Fact Sheet (PDF)

link;    USAF Fact Sheet (PDF)

This case was the result of a request by the FOI act.  

Another great find within the NSA files, was the routing slip for the original intelligence document. On it, it outlines the extreme importance of the case as it “met the criteria for a valid UFO study.” The reasons outlined were the credibility of the witnesses, which included an Air Force General; radar confirmation; electromagnetic effects on THREE seperate aircraft; physiological effect on some crew members; and a UFO which displayed in “inordinate amount of maneuver-ability.”

Although difficult to read in its entirety, here is the relevant portion of the routing slip;

USAF Intelligence document regarding above UAP  and USAF  encounter.

THE TEHRAN 1976 CASE:

REFERENCES:

Document One

Document Two

Document Three

Document Four

rf6015564e.jpg

Fake news 

The problem is, unless it's in the main stream media, nobody is interested. 

People have grown up with BBC news and unless it's on there, you've no chance, and everything on there is the truth 😂

maroonlegions
On 25/02/2023 at 05:15, ri Alban said:

Off his rocker .

Then every  other credible source, witness and testimony ever given or provided are off their rocker too.. :rofl:

If the USAF intelligences have been spooked to the point that they admit a ET source is possible in the last post i made .When will it start worrying you.

When will you man up and admit that you are in no league of authority here in regards to those who are.

Declassified UFO documents clearly show that the US intelligences, after evaluations of gun camera footage, radar and on ground military witness testimonies came to the conclusion that a possible off world source was NOT ruled out.

I could cite similar cases  from declassified documents???

You man enough to actually engage in them, like offer yer   expert credible military and scientific rebuttals. Its like engaging with a child. :rofl:     

A point of reference perhaps?…….characteristics similar to the 2 objects of Alaska and Canada? (except for shapes)

February 2020….Medellin, Columbia …..UAP characteristics….mentioned

Altitude - 30,000 ft
Size - 10-15 (estimated)
Shape - Cube
Speed - To slow to be a plane or missile (at the moment of viewing)

Not so Cube when zoomed in…..the host is more correct to call it a polyhedron (a solid figure with many plane faces, typically more than six)…..and it doesn’t look like a Drone.

xp63ed0bc9.png

Disregard, if you desire, the example references to the Navy “Batman” Balloon…..although for some, it wasn’t a Batman balloon.

The 3 UAPs are NOT isolated , there have been many cases involving US Navy jets with UAPs and the  high advanced teck they have show and  recorded .

I am on the side of those experienced pilots and radar evidence. Not a wee fitbae punter oan a fit baw forum , who cant tell the difference from the flight characteristics  of a fecking ballon and a object displaying advanced maneuverability. 

Off yer rocker mate..

il Duce McTarkin
On 25/02/2023 at 05:15, ri Alban said:

Off his rocker .

Absolute fruitloop.

8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Then every  other credible source, witness and testimony ever given or provided are off their rocker too.

Correct.

Absolute deranged bunkum.