***Official Hamilton v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Excluding the European games, in 26 games this season, We have went behind in 11 games before half time.  10 of those goals came before 20 minutes.

Without knowing these stats I could have guessed that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• Marvin

2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

I think folk should get a nickname suitable to their sexual preferences.

Anyway, enough about Bob, how’s things with you Spanky? 😐

Have you been speaking with my gal again?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Clark

Cochrane

Rowles

Sibbick

Atkinson 

McKay

Grant

Kio

Kuol

Humphrys

Oda

Why wouldn’t you play Snodgrass?

15 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Has to play and will. He played at Kilmarnock so don't think it had anything to do with the pitch at Livi, probably more that we had Rangers the following Wednesday. We have a 9 day gap between this and our next game, we must be putting out our best side to make sure we get into the next round. If we are well ahead or cruising we can then make some changes to freshen it up. Make no mistake Hamilton will be right up for this, it's a break from their league campaign and they will want to have a go at us. 

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, the majority of those games we have went behind early are either the OF or European teams.

Just to muddy the waters, I'd suggest that it's possible to start fast, but poor; and also slow, but well.

It kinda depends on who we're up against and how well we execute whatever the instructions were.

In any case, I'm pretty sure that the Venn diagram wouldn't just be 2 bubbles representing 'slow start' and 'fast start' based solely on goals scored.

Here's an extreme example of one of the above alternatives with quotes lifted from the BBC match day posts.

I'd mark it as a 'fast start' against quality opponents that quickly went awry. I'd go as far as to say that it would be darn hard to get a quicker start, but we all know what tanspired:-

(caveat, 99% of us there enjoyed the night and the entire visit regardless and, obviously, there was more to the game than this)

The 1st is Robbie's pre-match answer to a typical Q and it gives some insight into why he changed the formation and also of the game-plan and mind-set:-

Posted at 17:32 13 Oct 202217:32 13 Oct 2022

'How often do you get nights like this?'
Fiorentina v Hearts (17:45)

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson tells BBC Sportsound:

“The guys we’re bringing in are very good players and they’re looking forward to representing the club in Europe and playing in a stadium like this, against a team like this.

“We decided to make a couple of changes after the last few games to freshen up the team. Last week we didn't get up the park enough as we sat in a back five but today it’ll be a back four, we’ll have a bit more numbers up front to pressure and try to get us up the pitch.

“Last week we lost a poor goal after four minutes which really knocked us so we want to pressure higher up the pitch tonight.

“We’re really excited about the game tonight. Florence last night was absolutely rocking. How often do you get to play in a game like this against a Serie A team? First things first we want the boys to go out there and work their hardest.”

The 2nd is the post at only 1 minute in:-

1 min
HITS THE WOODWORK
Fiorentina 0-0 Hearts

Oh my! Hearts striker Stephen Humphrys rattles the post!

It comes from a slack pass in midfield, and the visitors pounce. Humphrys' low shot from the edge of the box comes off the post, and Barrie McKay's follow up is straight at the goalkeeper.

It seems to me that Fiorentina had a poor initial start with their slack pass and our tactics paying off ... but not for long!

Like I said - extreme example.

Edited by Wee Mikey

portobellojambo1

Well, after waking up unexpectedly one night early November 2022 without knowing why I called an ambulancw the next morning and was told I'd had a heart attack. I thought that would involve a few days in hospital but each time I was allowed home something else cropped up, and eventually they established that an internal bleed was an off shoot of the operations/medicine involved and they still think I'm bleeding somewhere internally, which means I'm whipped into hospital for  a blood transfusion plus recovery so for the lasr 3 months I'vw spwnt about 7 weeks in hospital. And this Friday, at New Douglas Park will be my first timr seeing HMFC  livein an awful long time. Watched the game versus Rangers on pay per view, and was so disappointed by the way we approachedthe game and I hope on Friday we at least achieve the bear minimum, which is progress to the nexr round.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Well, after waking up unexpectedly one night early November 2022 without knowing why I called an ambulancw the next morning and was told I'd had a heart attack. I thought that would involve a few days in hospital but each time I was allowed home something else cropped up, and eventually they established that an internal bleed was an off shoot of the operations/medicine involved and they still think I'm bleeding somewhere internally, which means I'm whipped into hospital for  a blood transfusion plus recovery so for the lasr 3 months I'vw spwnt about 7 weeks in hospital. And this Friday, at New Douglas Park will be my first timr seeing HMFC  livein an awful long time. Watched the game versus Rangers on pay per view, and was so disappointed by the way we approachedthe game and I hope on Friday we at least achieve the bear minimum, which is progress to the nexr round.

Sorry to hear you’ve had all those medical problems, hope they’re on the case now and get you fixed up.

Enjoy the game. I’m sure we’ll get the result. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Don’t think there is VAR at the game either. Wee bit of a throwback! 

No VAR, we are purely at the mercy of Kevin Clancy

3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Get well soon. Have missed your posting. One thing, hope you have given up the fags?

Edited by John Findlay

Hamilton play Queen Of the South tonight in the first semi final of the challenge Cup at the Hope CBD stadium(the new name for Hamilton's ground). The game is live on BBC ALBA.

Kick off is 19.45

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Hamilton play Queen Of the South tonight in the first semi final of the challenge Cup at the Hope CBD stadium(the new name for Hamilton's ground). The game is live on BBC ALBA.

Kick off is 19.45

A few injuries wouldn't go amiss.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, McCrae said:

He takes a while to recover after playing on astro so a good chance to give him a rest. 
Thats why you have a squad, and if two guys we paid over £600k for cant handle playing away at the worst team in that awful division then whoever brought them wants sacked. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Kick off is 19.45

CBD, interesting considering their owners alleged business dealings. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Sounds like you've been through a lot, glad you’re feeling better and getting back to doing what you love. Enjoy the game. 

19 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

It's already been pointed out on this thread that the thug McKinnon plays for Hamilton.  He was involved in a very unsavoury moment a few years back - was it in a match with us?  Maybe at Livi?  Or was it against another team?  Or am I imagining all that?

17 hours ago, john thomas said:

Kicked a Hearts player in the head

Talbot, methinks, unless there's another such incident.

With all the recent hoo-ha surrounding refs & VAR & appeals, the fact is that rubbish decisions have a better chance now of being corrected. This got a yellow.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-rage-talbot-tackle-sam-nicholson-1513174

Screenshot_20230207_171934_Gallery.jpg

36 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Talbot, methinks, unless there's another such incident.

With all the recent hoo-ha surrounding refs & VAR & appeals, the fact is that rubbish decisions have a better chance now of being corrected. This got a yellow.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-rage-talbot-tackle-sam-nicholson-1513174

Screenshot_20230207_171934_Gallery.jpg

You are perfectly correct .

I will , of course, write a letter to Mr MacKinnon apologising abjectly.

Soon

21 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Clark

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Atkinson Grant Snodgrass Cochrane

Kuol Humphrys McKay

3-0 to Hearts. Kuol to get his first goal.

This lineup but I'd put Kio on for Snoddy.

Or maybe go Hill - Sibbick - Rowles across the back.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He takes a while to recover after playing on astro so a good chance to give him a rest. 

That's why.

We have a 9 day break after Friday's game and then a 13 day break after the Motherwell game so resting players really shouldn't be a factor whatsoever. 

25 minutes ago, One five said:

I hate Hamilton I really hate them.

Aha! A Hamilton Hater. Just you wait until the Hamilton Happy Clappers get to hear about this. 🙃

Watching their game against QOS just now. Not pretty. 

Didn’t realise Dylan McGowan played for them. Always remember his cross for a Calum Paterson header in yet another win against the wee team. 

Zanatta just scored for Hamilton. 

30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They’re just such a nothing club. Horrible stadium, horrible pitch. 

Watching them playing on their pitch now. Zanatta scored. 

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Something about them just feels like they belong in the third tier. Hate it when they're in the prem. Hopefully the go down.

The Apprentice
4 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Don’t know if that’s Hamilton’s regular keeper. Hope so as he looks about the same height as Cammy Devlin. 

He’s not. Ryan Fulton will be playing on Friday. 

It would be a huge mistake for us to take this game less than seriously. Teams in he Championship are no mugs and they can cause problems or any side, to lose an early goal could be disastrous. 

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aha! A Hamilton Hater. Just you wait until the Hamilton Happy Clappers get to hear about this. 🙃

😂

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

100%

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Surprised there's so much hate for Hamilton, the summer of 2014 guaranteed them a place in my heart for some time to come. 

I doubt Super Joe would agree either 

Edited by Lord Beni of Gorgie

stirlingshirejambo
54 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

He’s not. Ryan Fulton will be playing on Friday. 

Fulton has been getting rave reviews the last few weeks on their mini revival be interesting see how he copes on Friday

i noticed Robbie said their surface is better than others so hopefully not much of a leveller

a ground I really don’t enjoy going to soulless place but least you can park 1 minute walk away in the car park for free

3 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Whilst I have seen that this game is sold out, does anyone reckon that we might secure more tickets?

I’ve got 2 spare for the main stand if you’re after a couple. £25 face value. 

23 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Whilst I have seen that this game is sold out, does anyone reckon that we might secure more tickets?

They already have given half of main stand. All behind goal and temporary stand

3 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Hamilton through 2-1 AET

Yip winner well taken by big, fast looking 16 year old striker, think his old man played for Livi.

I know folks will look at the Championship table and see Hamilton at the bottom and write them off BUT they are on a run winning 5  and drawing 1 out of their last 6 across all competitions

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I know folks will look at the Championship table and see Hamilton at the bottom and write them off BUT they are on a run winning 5  and drawing 1 out of their last 6 across all competitions

The attitude needs to be there from the start or you are asking for trouble. 

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Boy up front looked decent. Only 16 years old. One to watch!

Channel hopping on TV and missed all the goals. QOS looked the better side but the final ball was woeful

16 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Channel hopping on TV and missed all the goals. QOS looked the better side but the final ball was woeful

Harry cochrane playing for queens.definitely a wasted talent 

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Surprised there's so much hate for Hamilton, the summer of 2014 guaranteed them a place in my heart for some time to come. 

I doubt Super Joe would agree either 

Yes, that was a fun watch. 

On 06/02/2023 at 21:37, tazhearts said:

Surely we want Rangers and Celtic to draw each other (never going to happen) in the next round?

I'd put automatically getting into the European groups above winning the cup, considering the money that's involved. Obviously doing both would be preferred, but the last thing we want is an Aberdeen (for example) sneaking past Rangers to win it and also removing the European place from us into the bargain. 

The coefficient has dropped so this is the last year (for now) Scotland has an automatic group stage place for the team winning the cup/finishing 3rd.  

Let's get the cash, bring in some stars, and romp both cups next season.

Best case scenario for me is 

Beat Hamilton

Beat the winner of Darvel and Falkirk

Semi vs not old firm team

Old firm other semi

Hearts vs one of old firm in final 

Secure third place and its Scrooge McDuck diving in to a vault full of gold coins time

Then Robbie needs to lay the final flag of his tenure and win that trophy 

Not too much to ask is it 😄