• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• Marvin

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, JTJ said:

Hamilton are on a 5 game unbeaten run since Dylan McGowan signed on loan from Killie. He plays centre of a back 5 with another new signing Sparrow from Stoke (I'm not sure but he might have played in the pre-season friendly). 

Another loanee Dylan Stephenson seems to be doing well from them (like Connor Smith is doing, though he's unavailable on Friday) so John Rankin may be able to save his job by the end of the season 😁.

I expect to win but they are not the same "Tam Kite" they were a few weeks ago

Has no idea he was back in the country. Will be interesting to see how hes progressed. 

Horrible place , horrible stadium , horrible club , horrible team , a great many total wallopers from the town 

Smash them back to the dark ages ……… or modern times as the residents of that grim grim place refer to them 

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Hamilton, bottom of the championship with -21 goal difference. Any less than 4 without reply for us, will do.

So 3-0 would be unacceptable? 

5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

So 3-0 would be unacceptable? 

1-0 is acceptable to me. Cup football gives the minnows a cup final in any round. Get through to the next round. That’s what it’s all about. We squeaked past Auchinlech on one memorable cup run. 

Edited by GinRummy

Strongest side we have fit has to play. Every cup game becomes the most important game of the season so far imo, no matter the opposition. 

5 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Strongest side we have fit has to play. Every cup game becomes the most important game of the season so far imo, no matter the opposition. 

100% this.

Only change I'd like to see is go to a flat back 4, get an extra body in the middle which could be useful as we'll likely have to play through them sitting back.

Humphrys in for Shankland and start Grant IMO. Other than that, not much tinkering. Huge game and we can bring people on once it's dead if we play well enough to get to that point. 

Edited by Bob Loblaw

I see the Hamilton No2 is Darian Mackinnon, one of the people in football with few redeeming qualities. He started a rammy with the Dundee bench at the weekend and got sent to the stand but will probably be OK to stay on the bench for Friday.

I imagine he and Jig are unlikely to see eye-to-eye at any time.........

5 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

I don't think Snodgrass will start. Maybe has a wee issue playing on this kind of surface wasn't he on bench for livi game ? 

May have been the bug that some of the players had.

A draw that we should be winning. A cup run is so important. Need to remember 3rd place won't get automatic group stage European football unless one of the top 3 win the cup. So get past Hamilton, and hopefully a nice home tie in the next round with the OF also drawn apart.

Bazzas right boot

Like many others I'm not bothered about the result, it's all about the entertainment. 

Friday night anaw, do better be good, I'll miss eastenders. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just get us in the draw for the next round. That's all that's needed. 

Nope, we need to do it wit flair.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

4-0 Hearts, hopefully we leave the locals speechless.

I doubt the locals will be expecting much from a side bottom of the championship carrying a GD of -21

16 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

If it's the best formation though and we need to keep playing it for consistency, why would you drop it for an 'easier' match?

Debatable that a back 3 is our best formation

2 hours ago, JTJ said:

I see the Hamilton No2 is Darian Mackinnon, one of the people in football with few redeeming qualities. He started a rammy with the Dundee bench at the weekend and got sent to the stand but will probably be OK to stay on the bench for Friday.

I imagine he and Jig are unlikely to see eye-to-eye at any time.........

Jeez Darian McKinnon! What an absolute nutter - did he not do time for a bit of GBH? 🤔

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I doubt the locals will be expecting much from a side bottom of the championship carrying a GD of -21

You missed the subtlety in that post by @EIEIO

20 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You missed the subtlety in that post by @EIEIO

Subtlety definitely not a strength I possess, maybe because for most of my life I was one of those locals.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Just get us in the draw for the next round. That's all that's needed. 

Pretty much this. Despite another shitey pitch, good game to give Oda another run out.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Jeez Darian McKinnon! What an absolute nutter - did he not do time for a bit of GBH? 🤔

I’m sure when he played us before years ago he was wearing a tag at the time 

On 04/02/2023 at 18:27, OTT said:

I'd maybe go with:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles

Atkinson Kio Snodgrass Cochrane

Gino Humphrys McKay

Hamilton is an awful place to go, a banana skin fixture if there ever was one! Don't think it would be wise to think we can rest anyone. 

they are holding up the championship, poor lot. have faith in robbie😀

Markymark1874

We’ve got to play the strongest 11 available - can’t take any chances in the cup even against a p1shy team like Hamilton.

Bag two or three goals then bring on fringe players but important to put the game to bed first. This is our only chance of silverware. 

On 05/02/2023 at 08:11, The Treasurer said:

Not sure if Snodgrass will play, given that he didn't take part on plastic pitch at Livi 

I think that was due to the quick turnaround to the Rangers game. We don't have a game for 9 days after Hamilton. Strongest team possible please.

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Debatable that a back 3 is our best formation

Just wanted to get the take from a poster who believes that it is, as he argued a solid case previously for playing it in every match.

I agree, I don't think its the best for us and the players at our disposal. Especially the ones Neilson prefers to play.

But it has gotten great results recently, so there is a case for sticking with it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bob said after game Saturday, next game is most important and it will be best team he can play. Source, Bob, Radio Scotland, post match interview when quizzed on Scottish Cup being best chance (only chance) of winning something

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Anyone know if it’s easy enough to get parked close to the ground? 

Yes car park beside away end is always open

7 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Bob said after game Saturday, next game is most important and it will be best team he can play. Source, Bob, Radio Scotland, post match interview when quizzed on Scottish Cup being best chance (only chance) of winning something

“Bob”! 🙄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Thomaso said:

“Bob”! 🙄

Never been a fan of the name Robbie, sounds like a name for a child or a small dog, Rob, no imagination, Bob sounds like a proper name for a manager.  There, like it or lump it

5 hours ago, Rockwell said:

Yes car park beside away end is always open

Loads of parking nearby and close to m74 junctions. Hamilton west train station close by too

pettigrewsstylist
On 05/02/2023 at 13:41, Mr Elwood P said:

Gino will get a rest in the league due to suspension so I would play him on Friday. Think Grant, Humphrys and Cochrane will start ...

If Gino starts then i reckon he scores.

He will torment them.

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Never been a fan of the name Robbie, sounds like a name for a child or a small dog, Rob, no imagination, Bob sounds like a proper name for a manager.  There, like it or lump it

OK I’ll lump it! 😕

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We have the 2 games either side of the M74 9 days apart, then a 2 week break. Its a fantastic opportunity to win these 2 games and set ourselves up for 4 games in 2 weeks an international break, then a big April 

11 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Must start Kuol, Cochrane and Humphrys then. 

18 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Must start Kuol, Cochrane and Humphrys then. 

I think Kuol could be more effective from the bench. He’s clearly rapid, and last half hour against tiring defenders he could potentially be unplayable. 

Clark

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Atkinson Grant Snodgrass Cochrane

Kuol Humphrys McKay

3-0 to Hearts. Kuol to get his first goal.

23 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

A draw that we should be winning. A cup run is so important. Need to remember 3rd place won't get automatic group stage European football unless one of the top 3 win the cup. So get past Hamilton, and hopefully a nice home tie in the next round with the OF also drawn apart.

Surely we want Rangers and Celtic to draw each other (never going to happen) in the next round?

On 04/02/2023 at 23:14, GinRummy said:

Another shitey pitch. This is their cup final and any win will do me. 

I think the line up will be

Clark

Hill

Sibbick 

Rowles

Forrest

Devlin/Grant

Snodgrass

Cochrane

Mckay 

Humphrys

Gino

1-2 Sibbick and Kuol (off the bench) with our goals. 

I wouldnt expect Devlin to play on the artificial - its hamstring central.